Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com
Searching for a performant server in Europe
New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

Searching for a performant server in Europe

Hey guys,

as factorio started to lag quite a bit on my current server, I wanted to ask if anybody has a nice offer for me. The server will be used for my Nextcloud instance, API and software development as well as occasional gaming.

My basic requirements are:

CPU: 2+ cores, 800-900 GB5 single-core score (the more, the better :D)
RAM: 8 GB
Storage: 160GB+, preferably 60+GB SSD and about 100GB HDD for my cloud
IPv4: 1
Location: Europe, preferably DE, NL or UK

Thank you very much!

Comments

  • Mr_TomMr_Tom Member, Provider
    edited October 17

    I can do Ryzen 3700X NVMe/HDD mix in Falkenstein (on Hetzners network) - what's your budget?

    Thanked by 1h45h74x

    VM Specialist - Custom, managed and storage VM solutions.

  • Im looking for something similar 6 GBP per month budget

  • @Mr_Tom
    Thanks for your response! I'm quite inexperienced regarding servers and just wanted to get an overview. Respecting my current plan for a dual-core server with a 160GB SSD and 8GB RAM, my budget is below 15€ per month (but I also would pay annually of course)

  • Windows or Linux?

    Thanked by 1h45h74x
  • thedpthedp Member

    Check out Clouvider.

    IT/Hosting-related & Miscellaneous Domain Names For Sale!
    Interested in acquiring any of the domain names above? Please send me a PM here, or on Discord (DP#3914).

  • @NewToTheGame said:
    Windows or Linux?

    It has to be Linux, I want to run Debian as OS

  • How about netcup?

    Thanked by 1h45h74x
  • @NewToTheGame said:
    How about netcup?

    Not sure about their strange billing. Looks perfect for me but me and my friends are on a tight budget and we dont want to pay 6 months in advance

  • @NewToTheGame said:
    How about netcup?

    My current server is hosted at netcup, I got it during the easter special. It's great for the price, but sadly lacks CPU power...

  • NewToTheGameNewToTheGame Member
    edited October 17

    You can pay monthly, and there is a discount code flying around these forums somewhere, €5 discount using this code

    36nc16011055520

    I don't know how good the performance is, maybe try for a month, 4 cores for less than €10 isn't bad

  • @evanwalters said:

    @NewToTheGame said:
    How about netcup?

    Not sure about their strange billing. Looks perfect for me but me and my friends are on a tight budget and we dont want to pay 6 months in advance

    I think their international website using monthly billing.

  • Mr_TomMr_Tom Member, Provider

    I could do you 2 core (Ryzen 3700x - around 1200 GB5 score), 8GB RAM, 50gb NVMe + 150gb HDD, 1 x IPv4, /64 IPv6 for 15eur/month (excluding VAT if applicable). We normally offer 12 months for 10 if paying annually.

    This would be on one of our managed nodes but once setup we'd hand over to you to manage yourself - although you'll still get 24/7 support as required.

    Thanked by 1h45h74x

    VM Specialist - Custom, managed and storage VM solutions.

  • @h45h74x said:

    @NewToTheGame said:
    How about netcup?

    My current server is hosted at netcup, I got it during the easter special. It's great for the price, but sadly lacks CPU power...

    What CPU do you have currently? I don't know if epyc will match Ryzen single thread wise

  • Tagging @seriesn, maybe he got something as well?

    Thanked by 2seriesn h45h74x
  • @NewToTheGame said:
    What CPU do you have currently? I don't know if epyc will match Ryzen single thread wise

    I think I got an AMD EPYC... It has 2.0GHz on two cores. Netcup doesn't tell me the CPU model. Here is the geekbench I ran: https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/4214507

  • @Mr_Tom said:
    I could do you 2 core (Ryzen 3700x - around 1200 GB5 score), 8GB RAM, 50gb NVMe + 150gb HDD, 1 x IPv4, /64 IPv6 for 15eur/month (excluding VAT if applicable). We normally offer 12 months for 10 if paying annually.

    This would be on one of our managed nodes but once setup we'd hand over to you to manage yourself - although you'll still get 24/7 support as required.

    Thank you for the offer, spec-wise this is pretty much what I need. The only thing is that including tax it sadly would be over budget.

  • @h45h74x said:

    @NewToTheGame said:
    What CPU do you have currently? I don't know if epyc will match Ryzen single thread wise

    I think I got an AMD EPYC... It has 2.0GHz on two cores. Netcup doesn't tell me the CPU model. Here is the geekbench I ran: https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/4214507

    The Ryzen is definitely about 300 points more, I use 1 vds 4 core Ryzen 3800+ it scores about 990.

  • Mr_TomMr_Tom Member, Provider

    @h45h74x said: Thank you for the offer, spec-wise this is pretty much what I need. The only thing is that including tax it sadly would be over budget.

    Yeah I wasn't sure where you are if the tax would push it over or not :/

    How strict is the 8gb RAM requirement?

    VM Specialist - Custom, managed and storage VM solutions.

  • serv_eeserv_ee Member
    edited October 17

    AuthenticAMD Family 6 Model 6 Stepping 3

    Fuck is that? By that you're on Athlon XP - nowhere near Epyc

    I swear to drunk Im not god

  • @Mr_Tom said:

    Yeah I wasn't sure where you are if the tax would push it over or not :/

    How strict is the 8gb RAM requirement?

    I'm afraid 8GB is the bare minimum. :(

  • @serv_ee said:
    AuthenticAMD Family 6 Model 6 Stepping 3

    Fuck is that? By that you're on Athlon XP - nowhere near Epyc

    They use generic CPU models on the VPS line, but if it's a Gen 9 VPS which shows AMD, it's confirmed Epyc.

  • e> @Mr_Tom said:

    @h45h74x said: Thank you for the offer, spec-wise this is pretty much what I need. The only thing is that including tax it sadly would be over budget.

    Yeah I wasn't sure where you are if the tax would push it over or not :/

    How strict is the 8gb RAM requirement?

    Could you do 2 core 4gb ram just 50gb SSD for 7eur/month? Also need to pay monthly

  • @AC_Fan said:

    @serv_ee said:
    AuthenticAMD Family 6 Model 6 Stepping 3

    Fuck is that? By that you're on Athlon XP - nowhere near Epyc

    They use generic CPU models on the VPS line, but if it's a Gen 9 VPS which shows AMD, it's confirmed Epyc.

    Well they should change that then. I'd see that from a bench I'd instantly cancel my order.

    I swear to drunk Im not god

  • Mr_TomMr_Tom Member, Provider

    @h45h74x said: I'm afraid 8GB is the bare minimum

    What's the tax rate where you're based? I'll see what I can do.

    GB5 score here: just incase https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/4217058

    @evanwalters said: Could you do 2 core 4gb ram just 50gb SSD for 7eur/month?

    What location are you looking for? Might have something in another location if you don't need the NVMe/HDD mix?

    VM Specialist - Custom, managed and storage VM solutions.

  • seriesnseriesn Member, Top Provider

    @Pilzbaum said:
    Tagging @seriesn, maybe he got something as well?

    Thanks for the mention my friend <3. Budget might be a bit tight. But @h45h74x Cool if I slide into your DM?

    Thanked by 1h45h74x
  • @Mr_Tom said:
    What's the tax rate where you're based? I'll see what I can do.

    I'm in Austria, we pay 20% VAT

  • @Mr_Tom said:

    @h45h74x said: I'm afraid 8GB is the bare minimum

    What's the tax rate where you're based? I'll see what I can do.

    GB5 score here: just incase https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/4217058

    @evanwalters said: Could you do 2 core 4gb ram just 50gb SSD for 7eur/month?

    What location are you looking for? Might have something in another location if you don't need the NVMe/HDD mix?

    europe if thats ok

  • h45h74xh45h74x Member
    edited October 17

    @seriesn said:
    But @h45h74x Cool if I slide into your DM?

    Of course :)

  • 4x dedicated Epyc 7462
    20 GB RAM
    160 GB NVMe
    1 Gbit/s

    14,61€ /m with German tax

    @php-friends.de

    Thanked by 1NewToTheGame
  • @fendix said:
    4x dedicated Epyc 7462
    20 GB RAM
    160 GB NVMe
    1 Gbit/s

    14,61€ /m with German tax

    @php-friends.de

    Do you have a Geekbench score? It's a good price

  • @seriesn well I would say I certainly must mention you :D

    Ah, and let's not forget @georgedatacenter who has got Ryzen in NL as well!

    Thanked by 2seriesn h45h74x
  • @Pilzbaum said:
    @seriesn well I would say I certainly must mention you :D

    Ah, and let's not forget @georgedatacenter who has got Ryzen in NL as well!

    That's true, still waiting for him to get back to me though, been over a week

  • @serv_ee said:

    @AC_Fan said:

    @serv_ee said:
    AuthenticAMD Family 6 Model 6 Stepping 3

    Fuck is that? By that you're on Athlon XP - nowhere near Epyc

    They use generic CPU models on the VPS line, but if it's a Gen 9 VPS which shows AMD, it's confirmed Epyc.

    Well they should change that then. I'd see that from a bench I'd instantly cancel my order.

    If you're doing a benchmark, the bare minimum you should do is understand the benchmark. This is just NetCup's equivalent of the generic QEMU CPU other providers show.

  • @Pilzbaum said:
    @seriesn well I would say I certainly must mention you :D

    Ah, and let's not forget @georgedatacenter who has got Ryzen in NL as well!

    Out of stock when I last looked. the 7 bucks a month deal looks great

  • @NewToTheGame said:

    @fendix said:
    4x dedicated Epyc 7462
    20 GB RAM
    160 GB NVMe
    1 Gbit/s

    14,61€ /m with German tax

    @php-friends.de

    Do you have a Geekbench score? It's a good price

    Unfortunately I only have a Geekbench score from the "L Server" with 8 cores.
    https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/2740619

    Thanked by 1NewToTheGame
  • serv_eeserv_ee Member
    edited October 17

    @AC_Fan said:

    @serv_ee said:

    @AC_Fan said:

    @serv_ee said:
    AuthenticAMD Family 6 Model 6 Stepping 3

    Fuck is that? By that you're on Athlon XP - nowhere near Epyc

    They use generic CPU models on the VPS line, but if it's a Gen 9 VPS which shows AMD, it's confirmed Epyc.

    Well they should change that then. I'd see that from a bench I'd instantly cancel my order.

    If you're doing a benchmark, the bare minimum you should do is understand the benchmark. This is just NetCup's equivalent of the generic QEMU CPU other providers show.

    No, I dont. Thats whats wrong with VPS benchmarks. Stop fucking "faking" the microcodes. Thats why PC benchmarks are and will be superior. You'll actually see what youre dealing with.

    Another into the list why benchmarking VPS-s is retarded. Not that benchmarking shared resources isnt enough already.

    I swear to drunk Im not god

  • @fendix said:

    @NewToTheGame said:

    @fendix said:
    4x dedicated Epyc 7462
    20 GB RAM
    160 GB NVMe
    1 Gbit/s

    14,61€ /m with German tax

    @php-friends.de

    Do you have a Geekbench score? It's a good price

    Unfortunately I only have a Geekbench score from the "L Server" with 8 cores.
    https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/2740619

    @fendix said:

    @NewToTheGame said:

    @fendix said:
    4x dedicated Epyc 7462
    20 GB RAM
    160 GB NVMe
    1 Gbit/s

    14,61€ /m with German tax

    @php-friends.de

    Do you have a Geekbench score? It's a good price

    Unfortunately I only have a Geekbench score from the "L Server" with 8 cores.
    https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/2740619

    No that's perfect! I am interested in the single thread performance number mainly so it doesn't matter!

    The performance single core is just below Ryzen 7 [email protected] on Windows under red hat KVM.

    Thanks again

  • Just get an auction server from hetzner. You'd need to raise your price a little but you'll get an bare metal.

    https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/4218032

    I swear to drunk Im not god

Sign In or Register to comment.