Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Searching for a performant server in Europe
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Searching for a performant server in Europe

Hey guys,

as factorio started to lag quite a bit on my current server, I wanted to ask if anybody has a nice offer for me. The server will be used for my Nextcloud instance, API and software development as well as occasional gaming.

My basic requirements are:

CPU: 2+ cores, 800-900 GB5 single-core score (the more, the better :D)
RAM: 8 GB
Storage: 160GB+, preferably 60+GB SSD and about 100GB HDD for my cloud
IPv4: 1

Thank you very much!

Comments

• Mr_TomMr_Tom Member, Host Rep
    edited October 2020

I can do Ryzen 3700X NVMe/HDD mix in Falkenstein (on Hetzners network) - what's your budget?

Thanked by 1h45h74x
  • 1nf1nf Member

Im looking for something similar 6 GBP per month budget

• @Mr_Tom
    Thanks for your response! I'm quite inexperienced regarding servers and just wanted to get an overview. Respecting my current plan for a dual-core server with a 160GB SSD and 8GB RAM, my budget is below 15€ per month (but I also would pay annually of course)

• Windows or Linux?

Thanked by 1h45h74x
  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

Check out Clouvider.

• @NewToTheGame said:
    Windows or Linux?

It has to be Linux, I want to run Debian as OS

• How about netcup?

Thanked by 1h45h74x
  • 1nf1nf Member

@NewToTheGame said:
    How about netcup?

Not sure about their strange billing. Looks perfect for me but me and my friends are on a tight budget and we dont want to pay 6 months in advance

• @NewToTheGame said:
    How about netcup?

My current server is hosted at netcup, I got it during the easter special. It's great for the price, but sadly lacks CPU power...

• NewToTheGameNewToTheGame Member
    edited October 2020

You can pay monthly, and there is a discount code flying around these forums somewhere, €5 discount using this code

36nc16011055520

I don't know how good the performance is, maybe try for a month, 4 cores for less than €10 isn't bad

Thanked by 1h45h74x
  • @evanwalters said:

@NewToTheGame said:
    How about netcup?

Not sure about their strange billing. Looks perfect for me but me and my friends are on a tight budget and we dont want to pay 6 months in advance

I think their international website using monthly billing.

I could do you 2 core (Ryzen 3700x - around 1200 GB5 score), 8GB RAM, 50gb NVMe + 150gb HDD, 1 x IPv4, /64 IPv6 for 15eur/month (excluding VAT if applicable). We normally offer 12 months for 10 if paying annually.

This would be on one of our managed nodes but once setup we'd hand over to you to manage yourself - although you'll still get 24/7 support as required.

Thanked by 1h45h74x
  • @h45h74x said:

@NewToTheGame said:
    How about netcup?

My current server is hosted at netcup, I got it during the easter special. It's great for the price, but sadly lacks CPU power...

What CPU do you have currently? I don't know if epyc will match Ryzen single thread wise

• Tagging @seriesn, maybe he got something as well?

Thanked by 2seriesn h45h74x
  • @NewToTheGame said:
    What CPU do you have currently? I don't know if epyc will match Ryzen single thread wise

I think I got an AMD EPYC... It has 2.0GHz on two cores. Netcup doesn't tell me the CPU model. Here is the geekbench I ran: https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/4214507

• @Mr_Tom said:
    I could do you 2 core (Ryzen 3700x - around 1200 GB5 score), 8GB RAM, 50gb NVMe + 150gb HDD, 1 x IPv4, /64 IPv6 for 15eur/month (excluding VAT if applicable). We normally offer 12 months for 10 if paying annually.

This would be on one of our managed nodes but once setup we'd hand over to you to manage yourself - although you'll still get 24/7 support as required.

Thank you for the offer, spec-wise this is pretty much what I need. The only thing is that including tax it sadly would be over budget.

• @h45h74x said:

@NewToTheGame said:

I think I got an AMD EPYC... It has 2.0GHz on two cores. Netcup doesn't tell me the CPU model. Here is the geekbench I ran: https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/4214507

The Ryzen is definitely about 300 points more, I use 1 vds 4 core Ryzen 3800+ it scores about 990.

@h45h74x said: Thank you for the offer, spec-wise this is pretty much what I need. The only thing is that including tax it sadly would be over budget.

Yeah I wasn't sure where you are if the tax would push it over or not :/

How strict is the 8gb RAM requirement?

• serv_eeserv_ee Member
    edited October 2020

AuthenticAMD Family 6 Model 6 Stepping 3

Fuck is that? By that you're on Athlon XP - nowhere near Epyc

• @Mr_Tom said:

I'm afraid 8GB is the bare minimum. :(

• @serv_ee said:

They use generic CPU models on the VPS line, but if it's a Gen 9 VPS which shows AMD, it's confirmed Epyc.

• 1nf1nf Member

e> @Mr_Tom said:

@h45h74x said: Thank you for the offer, spec-wise this is pretty much what I need. The only thing is that including tax it sadly would be over budget.

Could you do 2 core 4gb ram just 50gb SSD for 7eur/month? Also need to pay monthly

• @AC_Fan said:

@serv_ee said:

They use generic CPU models on the VPS line, but if it's a Gen 9 VPS which shows AMD, it's confirmed Epyc.

Well they should change that then. I'd see that from a bench I'd instantly cancel my order.

@h45h74x said: I'm afraid 8GB is the bare minimum

What's the tax rate where you're based? I'll see what I can do.

GB5 score here: just incase https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/4217058

@evanwalters said: Could you do 2 core 4gb ram just 50gb SSD for 7eur/month?

What location are you looking for? Might have something in another location if you don't need the NVMe/HDD mix?

• @Pilzbaum said:
    Tagging @seriesn, maybe he got something as well?

Thanks for the mention my friend <3. Budget might be a bit tight. But @h45h74x Cool if I slide into your DM?

Thanked by 1h45h74x
  • @Mr_Tom said:

I'm in Austria, we pay 20% VAT

• 1nf1nf Member

@Mr_Tom said:

@h45h74x said: I'm afraid 8GB is the bare minimum

GB5 score here: just incase https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/4217058

@evanwalters said: Could you do 2 core 4gb ram just 50gb SSD for 7eur/month?

What location are you looking for? Might have something in another location if you don't need the NVMe/HDD mix?

europe if thats ok

• h45h74xh45h74x Member
    edited October 2020

@seriesn said:
    But @h45h74x Cool if I slide into your DM?

Of course :)

• 4x dedicated Epyc 7462
    20 GB RAM
    160 GB NVMe
    1 Gbit/s

14,61€ /m with German tax

@php-friends.de

Thanked by 2NewToTheGame chok
  • @fendix said:
    4x dedicated Epyc 7462
    20 GB RAM
    160 GB NVMe