Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com
install cpanel with multi php ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

install cpanel with multi php ?

I want to install a cpanel on a vps and I want to make sure that mysql 5.6 , 7 is installed because I have a domain with old script I need to test different mysql to see how far it will work . When I install cpanel on a new vps will that install old mysql too? a little confused

Comments

  • A little bit confuse here.. in title you say php and in your post mysql..
    On the same VPS is a little bit hard to install 2 sql instances. Better use the last mysql on your server and install on other server old sql and use it remotly.
    Regarding php .. multi php can be made with ease using whm interface.
    Good luck!

    Web and VPS hosting - Top notch performance

  • @hostfactor said:
    A little bit confuse here.. in title you say php and in your post mysql..
    On the same VPS is a little bit hard to install 2 sql instances. Better use the last mysql on your server and install on other server old sql and use it remotly.
    Regarding php .. multi php can be made with ease using whm interface.
    Good luck!

    OH
    Sorry I mean mysql, I have server that has mysql 5 and different variation of mysql 7 I want the same thing

  • You have my answer in my first comment.

    Web and VPS hosting - Top notch performance

  • you can always use docker and bind it to different port. e.g. mysql 7 localhost:3306, mysql5 localhost:3305

  • @hostfactor said:
    You have my answer in my first comment.

    thanks but how come in one of my cpanel server I have mysql 5 , 7 etc? and in cpanel I can switch ?

  • hostfactorhostfactor Member
    edited October 11

    @lowfan said:

    @hostfactor said:
    You have my answer in my first comment.

    thanks but how come in one of my cpanel server I have mysql 5 , 7 etc? and in cpanel I can switch ?

    Short answer, No.

    Web and VPS hosting - Top notch performance

  • lowfanlowfan Member
    edited October 11

    @hostfactor said:

    @lowfan said:

    @hostfactor said:
    You have my answer in my first comment.

    thanks but how come in one of my cpanel server I have mysql 5 , 7 etc? and in cpanel I can switch ?

    Short answer, No.

    Look in my whm I have more than one mysql I can not switch back and forth but I can upgrade gradually

    I want the same thing . I want to install cpanel start with mysql 5 and I upgrade it if necessary

  • WebProjectWebProject Member, Provider

    just get a second virtual instance purely for old version of mysql server and connect remotely to it.

    VPS Price Match Guarantee on: All our range of DDOS protected XEN-HVM VPS Plans
    Are you looking for best price for self-managed VPS? See WebProVPS website for more details.
  • that is the only way?

  • WebProjectWebProject Member, Provider

    Pointless to downgrade the production server to very old MySQL server, much easier to setup separate instance or update the application code.

    VPS Price Match Guarantee on: All our range of DDOS protected XEN-HVM VPS Plans
    Are you looking for best price for self-managed VPS? See WebProVPS website for more details.
  • @WebProject said:
    Pointless to downgrade the production server to very old MySQL server, much easier to setup separate instance or update the application code.

    I do not want to downgrade I want to have 2 or 3 mysql version and upgrade gradually

Sign In or Register to comment.