Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

install cpanel with multi php ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

install cpanel with multi php ?

I want to install a cpanel on a vps and I want to make sure that mysql 5.6 , 7 is installed because I have a domain with old script I need to test different mysql to see how far it will work . When I install cpanel on a new vps will that install old mysql too? a little confused

Comments

• A little bit confuse here.. in title you say php and in your post mysql..
    On the same VPS is a little bit hard to install 2 sql instances. Better use the last mysql on your server and install on other server old sql and use it remotly.
    Regarding php .. multi php can be made with ease using whm interface.
    Good luck!

• @hostfactor said:
    A little bit confuse here.. in title you say php and in your post mysql..
    On the same VPS is a little bit hard to install 2 sql instances. Better use the last mysql on your server and install on other server old sql and use it remotly.
    Regarding php .. multi php can be made with ease using whm interface.
    Good luck!

OH
    Sorry I mean mysql, I have server that has mysql 5 and different variation of mysql 7 I want the same thing

• You have my answer in my first comment.

• you can always use docker and bind it to different port. e.g. mysql 7 localhost:3306, mysql5 localhost:3305

• @hostfactor said:
    You have my answer in my first comment.

thanks but how come in one of my cpanel server I have mysql 5 , 7 etc? and in cpanel I can switch ?

• AndruAndru Member
    edited October 2020

@lowfan said:

@hostfactor said:

thanks but how come in one of my cpanel server I have mysql 5 , 7 etc? and in cpanel I can switch ?

Short answer, No.

• lowfanlowfan Member
    edited October 2020

@hostfactor said:

@lowfan said:

@hostfactor said:

Short answer, No.

Look in my whm I have more than one mysql I can not switch back and forth but I can upgrade gradually

I want the same thing . I want to install cpanel start with mysql 5 and I upgrade it if necessary

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

just get a second virtual instance purely for old version of mysql server and connect remotely to it.

• that is the only way?

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

Pointless to downgrade the production server to very old MySQL server, much easier to setup separate instance or update the application code.

• @WebProject said:
    Pointless to downgrade the production server to very old MySQL server, much easier to setup separate instance or update the application code.

I do not want to downgrade I want to have 2 or 3 mysql version and upgrade gradually