Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com
US equivalent to Hetzner?
New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

US equivalent to Hetzner?

Does anyone know a US company with similar prices to Hetzner? Specifically on Intel Core & Ryzen products?

Comments

  • DynaDyna Member

    unfortunately it doesn't exist

  • MikeAMikeA Member, Provider

    The NocIX equivalents of Missouri are the only companies where you'll get Ryzen for that pricing, and it's $85+.

    ExtraVM - AMD Ryzen VPS starting @ $3.50
    USA (TX, VA, FL), CA, FR, UK, SGP, AU

  • momkinmomkin Member

    try contabo , they have USA location !

  • jbuggiejbuggie Member

    @momkin said:
    try contabo , they have USA location !

    Not even closed to Hetzner performance and pricing.

    Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL
  • MikeAMikeA Member, Provider

    @jbuggie said:

    @momkin said:
    try contabo , they have USA location !

    Not even closed to Hetzner performance and pricing.

    Contabo uses new Epyc hardware in the U.S. at least. I use a VM for something there.

    ExtraVM - AMD Ryzen VPS starting @ $3.50
    USA (TX, VA, FL), CA, FR, UK, SGP, AU

  • jbuggiejbuggie Member

    I got a 6-core SSD VPS in MS with contabo. CPU power was good but the disk performance was pretty bad (60-150MB/s). My lowly CPX11 at Hezner does 700-900MB/s with encryption.

  • AC_FanAC_Fan Member

    @jbuggie said:
    I got a 6-core SSD VPS in MS with contabo. CPU power was good but the disk performance was pretty bad (60-150MB/s). My lowly CPX11 at Hezner does 700-900MB/s with encryption.

    They limit Disk I/O by default. Open a ticket to unlock it.

    Thanked by 1jbuggie
  • @AC_Fan said:

    @jbuggie said:
    I got a 6-core SSD VPS in MS with contabo. CPU power was good but the disk performance was pretty bad (60-150MB/s). My lowly CPX11 at Hezner does 700-900MB/s with encryption.

    They limit Disk I/O by default. Open a ticket to unlock it.

    They also limit the network speed. You should really do some thorough testing before putting anything for production there.

    net ( The Linux Specialist ) || Specially 4 U | Not Throttled
    JoneSolutions.Com is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions and services since 2001.

  • HyperK9HyperK9 Member
    edited August 2

    Wholesale Internet (I don't recommend using them though), OVH and ReliableSite

  • AC_FanAC_Fan Member

    @jonesolutions said:

    @AC_Fan said:

    @jbuggie said:
    I got a 6-core SSD VPS in MS with contabo. CPU power was good but the disk performance was pretty bad (60-150MB/s). My lowly CPX11 at Hezner does 700-900MB/s with encryption.

    They limit Disk I/O by default. Open a ticket to unlock it.

    They also limit the network speed. You should really do some thorough testing before putting anything for production there.

    Eh, it's unmetered at decent speeds, not that bad. The limited I/O could be a bit annoying for some people.

  • verovero Member, Provider

    @AC_Fan said:
    Eh, it's unmetered at decent speeds, not that bad. The limited I/O could be a bit annoying for some people.

    And as we figured out in this thread, network is not crucially important thing in most cases. I believe Contabo is the cheapest provider of that sort in US.

  • TerensMTerensM Member

    maybe perfectip.net but not sure about the performances

    WHAdvice Providers toplists and coupons

  • @HyperK9 said:
    Wholesale Internet (I don't recommend using them though), OVH and ReliableSite

    +1 for OVH, we have used them in the past and never had issues!

    SlingHost.com | Budget KVM NVMe VPS Hosting | Starting at $2.95/month
    SlingHost.com | Budget Shared Hosting | Starting at $8.00/year

  • jbuggiejbuggie Member

    @AC_Fan said:

    @jbuggie said:
    I got a 6-core SSD VPS in MS with contabo. CPU power was good but the disk performance was pretty bad (60-150MB/s). My lowly CPX11 at Hezner does 700-900MB/s with encryption.

    They limit Disk I/O by default. Open a ticket to unlock it.

    The limit on disk I/O was not mentioned anywhere in their ordering page. Thanks for the info.

  • AC_FanAC_Fan Member

    @jbuggie said:

    @AC_Fan said:

    @jbuggie said:
    I got a 6-core SSD VPS in MS with contabo. CPU power was good but the disk performance was pretty bad (60-150MB/s). My lowly CPX11 at Hezner does 700-900MB/s with encryption.

    They limit Disk I/O by default. Open a ticket to unlock it.

    The limit on disk I/O was not mentioned anywhere in their ordering page. Thanks for the info.

    It's just a speed limitation of 100mBps, I believe. Not that important in most cases, all things considered.

  • HostingbotHostingbot Member, Provider

    I'd throw money into the USA equivalent of Hertzer for servers

    Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL

    Hosting Bot, LLC | [email protected] | 512-766-8013

  • swat4swat4 Member

    Vultr perhaps?

  • coolicecoolice Member
    edited August 20

    Does contabo use RAID at all or it is a single drive provision with 400 GB left for wear leveling ? I ask for the 1600GB pure SSD offer

    OpenVz Node + KernelCare uptime - 1275 Days :)

  • jlayjlay Member

    @swat4 said:
    Vultr perhaps?

    Not really comparable, spend is way higher for similar resources.

    I'm a fan, but if Hetzner also had US locations I'd drop my footprint at every other US cloud substantially

    Thanked by 2Hetzner_OL Shamim

    Site Reliability Engineer - happy to help with anything Linux!

  • Webnx offers are closest, got great deal on new 10700k dedi with annual payment. Fantastic support as well

  • swat4swat4 Member

    @jlay said:

    @swat4 said:
    Vultr perhaps?

    Not really comparable, spend is way higher for similar resources.

    I'm a fan, but if Hetzner also had US locations I'd drop my footprint at every other US cloud substantially

    Haha! Agreed. I was just coming from the perspective of performance. Did not compare costing. :wink:

  • have you tried OVH they have Data centres in the US Hillsboro & Vint Hill

  • fLoofLoo Member

    Just wait a bit, i think there will be news from Hetzner this year cough

  • JoeFJoeF Member

    @HyperK9 said:
    Wholesale Internet (I don't recommend using them though), OVH and ReliableSite

    What is wrong with wholesale internet?

  • Hetzner_OLHetzner_OL Member, Provider, Top Provider

    @fLoo - Do you need an Ipalat for that cough? ;)
    Before any more throat clearing ensues, I have no news. --Katie

    Thanked by 1fLoo

    We (Katie and Helena) will do our best to answer your Hetzner questions and pass on your feedback. Hetzner Online's not liable for any corny jokes that we make. (https://www.hetzner.com)

  • someshzsomeshz Member, Provider

    @TerensM said:
    maybe perfectip.net but not sure about the performances

    Their support sucks. To unblock 25 port they took more than a week for one of my server back in 2018 I guess.

  • I am a big Hetzner fan but are there prices for VPS's really that unbeatable? $5 USD + currency fees (for me anyway) for 2 vCPU and 2GB of RAM?

    I have 4 vCPU + 2gb KVM from crowncloud special. No DDOS protection. $50 a year.

    I am sure you guys are right. Hetzner is awesome but I am having a hard time falling all over myself when I see their prices.

    What am I missing???

  • FalzoFalzo Member

    @sidewinder said: What am I missing???

    are you comparing a yearly billed kvm with an hourly-billed cloud vm?

    however, I think the price difference people are mainly looking at here is based on their dedicated server offerings...

    UltraVPS.eu KVM in US/UK/NL/DE: 15% off first 6 month | Netcup VPS/rootDS - 5€ off: 36nc15279180197 (ref)

  • AC_FanAC_Fan Member

    @sidewinder said:
    I am a big Hetzner fan but are there prices for VPS's really that unbeatable? $5 USD + currency fees (for me anyway) for 2 vCPU and 2GB of RAM?

    I have 4 vCPU + 2gb KVM from crowncloud special. No DDOS protection. $50 a year.

    I am sure you guys are right. Hetzner is awesome but I am having a hard time falling all over myself when I see their prices.

    What am I missing???

    2GB starts from 2.5 euros, Epyc is available from a couple bucks more. Hourly billing, add-ons, generous bandwidth with a well-known provider, at such a price point, is a pretty good deal.

    Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL
  • sidewindersidewinder Member
    edited August 26

    @AC_Fan said:

    @sidewinder said:
    I am a big Hetzner fan but are there prices for VPS's really that unbeatable? $5 USD + currency fees (for me anyway) for 2 vCPU and 2GB of RAM?

    I have 4 vCPU + 2gb KVM from crowncloud special. No DDOS protection. $50 a year.

    I am sure you guys are right. Hetzner is awesome but I am having a hard time falling all over myself when I see their prices.

    What am I missing???

    2GB starts from 2.5 euros, Epyc is available from a couple bucks more. Hourly billing, add-ons, generous bandwidth with a well-known provider, at such a price point, is a pretty good deal.

    Thanks - I guess their product offering is so confusing I couldn't find it. Is it called "cloud" because I don't see any standard old school VPS offerings on their site.

    I have 3 dedicated servers with them but all the swooning over their lowend offerings has always baffled me.

  • kyakykyaky Member
    edited August 26

    RamNode Cloud is very decent. I've tried both their Seattle and LA Node. It's FAST. It's billed hourly. I dont think you can find any other provider in the US providing openstack VPS starting from $3/mo. RamNode is using the latest AMD EPYC.

    I/O Speed(1st run) : 727 MB/s
    I/O Speed(2nd run) : 1.1 GB/s
    I/O Speed(3rd run) : 1.0 GB/s
    Average I/O speed : 959.1 MB/s

    you can visit their site at https://www.ramnode.com/ or talk to the boss: @Nick_A


    Also, if you are looking for monthly / yearly plans.

    Racknerd has large range of vps offers for different needs. Their network is fast especially for routing to APAC. Racknerd has Ryzen and Intel E5 Series both.

    https://www.racknerd.com/
    @dustinc

    Thanked by 2Nick_A dustinc

    "Across the Great Wall we can reach every corner of the world"

  • Nick_ANick_A Top Provider

    @kyaky said: RamNode Cloud is very decent. I've tried both their Seattle and LA Node. It's FAST. It's billed hourly. I dont think you can find any other provider in the US providing openstack VPS starting from $3/mo. RamNode is using the latest AMD EPYC.

    Thanks for the mention!

    RamNode: High Performance Cloud VPS
    NYC - LA - ATL - SEA - NL - DDoS Protection
  • https://www.ovh.com/world/deals/ - RISE LE-3 comparable to the ex-42 + 25usd...

  • dustincdustinc Member, Provider

    @kyaky said:

    Racknerd has large range of vps offers for different needs. Their network is fast especially for routing to APAC. Racknerd has Ryzen and Intel E5 Series both.

    https://www.racknerd.com/
    @dustinc

    Thank you so much! We appreciate the recommendation and the business.

    RackNerd LLC - Introducing Infrastructure Stability
    Dedicated Servers, Private Cloud, DRaaS, Colocation, VPS, DDoS Mitigation, Shared & Reseller Hosting

Sign In or Register to comment.