Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com
US equivalent to Hetzner?
New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

US equivalent to Hetzner?

Does anyone know a US company with similar prices to Hetzner? Specifically on Intel Core & Ryzen products?

Comments

• DynaDyna Member

unfortunately it doesn't exist

• MikeAMikeA Member, Provider

The NocIX equivalents of Missouri are the only companies where you'll get Ryzen for that pricing, and it's $85+.

ExtraVM - AMD Ryzen VPS starting @ $3.50
    USA (TX, VA, FL), CA, FR, UK, SGP, AU

• momkinmomkin Member

try contabo , they have USA location !

• jbuggiejbuggie Member

@momkin said:

Not even closed to Hetzner performance and pricing.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Provider

@jbuggie said:

@momkin said:

Not even closed to Hetzner performance and pricing.

Contabo uses new Epyc hardware in the U.S. at least. I use a VM for something there.

ExtraVM - AMD Ryzen VPS starting @ $3.50
    USA (TX, VA, FL), CA, FR, UK, SGP, AU

• jbuggiejbuggie Member

I got a 6-core SSD VPS in MS with contabo. CPU power was good but the disk performance was pretty bad (60-150MB/s). My lowly CPX11 at Hezner does 700-900MB/s with encryption.

• AC_FanAC_Fan Member

@jbuggie said:
    I got a 6-core SSD VPS in MS with contabo. CPU power was good but the disk performance was pretty bad (60-150MB/s). My lowly CPX11 at Hezner does 700-900MB/s with encryption.

They limit Disk I/O by default. Open a ticket to unlock it.

Thanked by 1jbuggie
  • @AC_Fan said:

@jbuggie said:

They also limit the network speed. You should really do some thorough testing before putting anything for production there.

Specially 4 U | Not Throttled
    JoneSolutions.Com is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions and services since 2001.

• HyperK9HyperK9 Member
    edited August 2

Wholesale Internet (I don't recommend using them though), OVH and ReliableSite

• AC_FanAC_Fan Member

@jonesolutions said:

@AC_Fan said:

@jbuggie said:

They also limit the network speed. You should really do some thorough testing before putting anything for production there.

Eh, it's unmetered at decent speeds, not that bad. The limited I/O could be a bit annoying for some people.

• verovero Member

@AC_Fan said:
    Eh, it's unmetered at decent speeds, not that bad. The limited I/O could be a bit annoying for some people.

And as we figured out in this thread, network is not crucially important thing in most cases. I believe Contabo is the cheapest provider of that sort in US.

• TerensMTerensM Member

maybe perfectip.net but not sure about the performances

WHAdvice recommended providers: FranTech | SonicFast | Guru | BungeeCloud | ReliableSite

• @HyperK9 said:
    Wholesale Internet (I don't recommend using them though), OVH and ReliableSite

+1 for OVH, we have used them in the past and never had issues!

• jbuggiejbuggie Member

@AC_Fan said:

@jbuggie said:

The limit on disk I/O was not mentioned anywhere in their ordering page. Thanks for the info.

• AC_FanAC_Fan Member

@jbuggie said:

@AC_Fan said:

@jbuggie said:

The limit on disk I/O was not mentioned anywhere in their ordering page. Thanks for the info.

It's just a speed limitation of 100mBps, I believe. Not that important in most cases, all things considered.

• I'd throw money into the USA equivalent of Hertzer for servers