Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

US equivalent to Hetzner?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

US equivalent to Hetzner?

Does anyone know a US company with similar prices to Hetzner? Specifically on Intel Core & Ryzen products?

Comments

• DynaDyna Member

unfortunately it doesn't exist

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

The NocIX equivalents of Missouri are the only companies where you'll get Ryzen for that pricing, and it's $85+.

• try contabo , they have USA location !

• @momkin said:
    try contabo , they have USA location !

Not even closed to Hetzner performance and pricing.

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL
  • MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@jbuggie said:

@momkin said:
    try contabo , they have USA location !

Not even closed to Hetzner performance and pricing.

Contabo uses new Epyc hardware in the U.S. at least. I use a VM for something there.

• I got a 6-core SSD VPS in MS with contabo. CPU power was good but the disk performance was pretty bad (60-150MB/s). My lowly CPX11 at Hezner does 700-900MB/s with encryption.

• @jbuggie said:
    I got a 6-core SSD VPS in MS with contabo. CPU power was good but the disk performance was pretty bad (60-150MB/s). My lowly CPX11 at Hezner does 700-900MB/s with encryption.

They limit Disk I/O by default. Open a ticket to unlock it.

Thanked by 1jbuggie
  • @AC_Fan said:

@jbuggie said:
    I got a 6-core SSD VPS in MS with contabo. CPU power was good but the disk performance was pretty bad (60-150MB/s). My lowly CPX11 at Hezner does 700-900MB/s with encryption.

They also limit the network speed. You should really do some thorough testing before putting anything for production there.

• zenkizenki Member
    edited August 2020

Wholesale Internet (I don't recommend using them though), OVH and ReliableSite

• @jonesolutions said:

@AC_Fan said:

@jbuggie said:

They also limit the network speed. You should really do some thorough testing before putting anything for production there.

Eh, it's unmetered at decent speeds, not that bad. The limited I/O could be a bit annoying for some people.

• verovero Member, Host Rep

@AC_Fan said:
    Eh, it's unmetered at decent speeds, not that bad. The limited I/O could be a bit annoying for some people.

And as we figured out in this thread, network is not crucially important thing in most cases. I believe Contabo is the cheapest provider of that sort in US.

• maybe perfectip.net but not sure about the performances

• @HyperK9 said:

+1 for OVH, we have used them in the past and never had issues!

• @AC_Fan said:

@jbuggie said:

The limit on disk I/O was not mentioned anywhere in their ordering page. Thanks for the info.

• @jbuggie said:

@AC_Fan said:

@jbuggie said:

The limit on disk I/O was not mentioned anywhere in their ordering page. Thanks for the info.

It's just a speed limitation of 100mBps, I believe. Not that important in most cases, all things considered.

• HostingbotHostingbot Member, Host Rep

I'd throw money into the USA equivalent of Hertzer for servers

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL
  • Vultr perhaps?

• coolicecoolice Member
    edited August 2020

Does contabo use RAID at all or it is a single drive provision with 400 GB left for wear leveling ? I ask for the 1600GB pure SSD offer

• jlayjlay Member

@swat4 said:
    Vultr perhaps?

Not really comparable, spend is way higher for similar resources.

I'm a fan, but if Hetzner also had US locations I'd drop my footprint at every other US cloud substantially

Thanked by 2Hetzner_OL Shamim
  • Webnx offers are closest, got great deal on new 10700k dedi with annual payment. Fantastic support as well

• @jlay said:

@swat4 said:
    Vultr perhaps?

Not really comparable, spend is way higher for similar resources.

I'm a fan, but if Hetzner also had US locations I'd drop my footprint at every other US cloud substantially

Haha! Agreed. I was just coming from the perspective of performance. Did not compare costing. :wink:

• have you tried OVH they have Data centres in the US Hillsboro & Vint Hill

• fLoofLoo Member

Just wait a bit, i think there will be news from Hetzner this year cough

• JoeFJoeF Member

@HyperK9 said:

What is wrong with wholesale internet?

• Hetzner_OLHetzner_OL Member, Top Host

@fLoo - Do you need an Ipalat for that cough? ;)
    Before any more throat clearing ensues, I have no news. --Katie

Thanked by 1fLoo
  • someshzsomeshz Member, Host Rep

@TerensM said:
    maybe perfectip.net but not sure about the performances

Their support sucks. To unblock 25 port they took more than a week for one of my server back in 2018 I guess.

• I am a big Hetzner fan but are there prices for VPS's really that unbeatable? $5 USD + currency fees (for me anyway) for 2 vCPU and 2GB of RAM?

I have 4 vCPU + 2gb KVM from crowncloud special. No DDOS protection. $50 a year.

I am sure you guys are right. Hetzner is awesome but I am having a hard time falling all over myself when I see their prices.

What am I missing???

• @sidewinder said: What am I missing???

are you comparing a yearly billed kvm with an hourly-billed cloud vm?

however, I think the price difference people are mainly looking at here is based on their dedicated server offerings...

• @sidewinder said:
    I am a big Hetzner fan but are there prices for VPS's really that unbeatable? $5 USD + currency fees (for me anyway) for 2 vCPU and 2GB of RAM?

I have 4 vCPU + 2gb KVM from crowncloud special. No DDOS protection. $50 a year.

I am sure you guys are right. Hetzner is awesome but I am having a hard time falling all over myself when I see their prices.

What am I missing???

2GB starts from 2.5 euros, Epyc is available from a couple bucks more. Hourly billing, add-ons, generous bandwidth with a well-known provider, at such a price point, is a pretty good deal.

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL
  • sidewindersidewinder Member
    edited August 2020

@AC_Fan said:

@sidewinder said:
    I am a big Hetzner fan but are there prices for VPS's really that unbeatable? $5 USD + currency fees (for me anyway) for 2 vCPU and 2GB of RAM?

What am I missing???

2GB starts from 2.5 euros, Epyc is available from a couple bucks more. Hourly billing, add-ons, generous bandwidth with a well-known provider, at such a price point, is a pretty good deal.

Thanks - I guess their product offering is so confusing I couldn't find it. Is it called "cloud" because I don't see any standard old school VPS offerings on their site.

I have 3 dedicated servers with them but all the swooning over their lowend offerings has always baffled me.