Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gsuite VS One.Google.com
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Gsuite VS One.Google.com

I plan to just store my personal data (archive)...

Earlier, it was said GSuite single user provides 1TB of storage, but it was never enforced... Does it still hold true? It comes at 12/ month.

One.Google.Com offers 2TB of storage at 9.99/ month or 100/ year

Which one would be preferred and why? Does the GSuite provide any extra benefits in terms of security/ privacy vs the one.google.com?

Thanks

Comments

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Gsuite is the full suite of Google apps for your own domain. Email hosting, etc. Think of Gsuite as the business offering - it's equivalent competitor being Office 365.

One is just consumer facing storage, support, and weird hotel deals for Gmail users.

Thanked by 1plumberg
  • it's simple gsuite it's for business, like use [email protected] one.google.com it's just extra space.

• jamjam Member

@plumberg said: but it was never enforced... Does it still hold true?

Yes, i have +10TB and only pay USD 10

Keep in mind that this can change in any moment.

• OujiOuji Member
    edited July 2020

@plumberg said: Does it still hold true? It comes at 12/ month.

Yes, but they can enforce anytime they want, unless you have more than 5 users.

• Yes, the 1 TB storage limit was not enforced on G Suite Business accounts in the past few years, and it's still not being enforced at this moment. We have no idea how the situation would be in the future though.

If you do wish to sign up for a G Suite Business account, please PM and I can give you a 20% off coupon for the first year.

• @jar said:
    Gsuite is the full suite of Google apps for your own domain. Email hosting, etc. Think of Gsuite as the business offering - it's equivalent competitor being Office 365.

One is just consumer facing storage, support, and weird hotel deals for Gmail users.

I see, thank you. Is there any difference in the privacy/ security options between the two?

• @jam said:

@plumberg said: but it was never enforced... Does it still hold true?

Yes, i have +10TB and only pay USD 10

Keep in mind that this can change in any moment.

Interesting, a good gamble.

• @dedipromo said:
    Yes, the 1 TB storage limit was not enforced on G Suite Business accounts in the past few years, and it's still not being enforced at this moment. We have no idea how the situation would be in the future though.

If you do wish to sign up for a G Suite Business account, please PM and I can give you a 20% off coupon for the first year.

I understand. Sure, I would not mind a coupon to save $$. Thank you in advance.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited July 2020

@plumberg said:

@jar said:

I see, thank you. Is there any difference in the privacy/ security options between the two?

Potentially to some degree. You do get more control over your "organization" and it's specific security settings with Gsuite. But IMO your standard Google account security is pretty solid in general.

The biggest risk with an organization is that an individual user doesn't adopt strong security practices and lets someone into your shared Google Drive or something, which is why you get more oversight into that.

• @jar said:

@plumberg said:

@jar said:

Potentially to some degree. You do get more control over your "organization" and it's specific security settings with Gsuite. But IMO your standard Google account security is pretty solid in general.

The biggest risk with an organization is that an individual user doesn't adopt strong security practices and lets someone into your shared Google Drive or something, which is why you get more oversight into that.

Interesting perspective. At this moment, I am just in to use the space and practically every other service will be under lockdown (if possible)

• If you plan to store more than 2TB or use a custom domain then go with Gsuite otherwise one!

Thanked by 1plumberg
  • @dedipromo said:
    Yes, the 1 TB storage limit was not enforced on G Suite Business accounts in the past few years, and it's still not being enforced at this moment. We have no idea how the situation would be in the future though.

That discount is offered to any admin signup, I think.

• One.google.com has a nice way to find the largest files and delete. Thanks for the link!!

• Can someone help point out if there is any difference in the privacy of data uploaded to either of these services and how do they differ? Do gsuite members enjoy less data collection of any sort vs one.google.com?

Thanks in advance

Thanked by 1buzzyLET
  • _MS__MS_ Member

@plumberg said:
    Can someone help point out if there is any difference in the privacy of data uploaded to either of these services and how do they differ? Do gsuite members enjoy less data collection of any sort vs one.google.com?

Thanks in advance

Ideally, Google should not collect any data, at least, from their paying customers.

Thanked by 1plumberg
  • MS said:
    Ideally,

True

• they are different products , google one only increase extra space

Thanked by 1plumberg
  • @Kaylenesky said:
    they are different products , google one only increase extra space

Hmm. Thnx