Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com
Is there a good WordPress hosting manager?
New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

Is there a good WordPress hosting manager?

Iroshan464Iroshan464 Member

My requirements are these.
I would like to provide WordPress hosting for a local group of work colleagues.
I would like to have them to mange there site by themselves. However, they don't need a full cpanel experience. Just to install WordPress and updating an stuff, so I don't have to help them.
This would be more like sitegrounds, WordPress hosting.
Is there a user-friendly affordable script for this.
I know easyengine and wordops, but I think they don't give full control to the client,
Specialized Pass and SaaS are pricey.
Thanks.

Comments

• cazrzcazrz Member

Softaculois?

Thanked by 1Iroshan464
  • @cazrz
    Yes. But it's in a web panel. DA or cpanel.
    Can go with webuzo. It is cheap. if nothing else.

• RoboCainRoboCain Member
    edited May 29

I think infiniteWP is nice. I was looking at their product earlier. It's a bit expensive though.

Thanked by 1Ympker

"People want paradise. They will have it."

-Cain (RoboCop 2 ,1990)

• @RoboCain said:
    I think infiniteWP is nice. I was looking at their product earlier. It's a bit expensive though.

Thanks.
    Is it multiuser or multisite?
    Looks like the second. I'll do test run and see.

• LTnigerLTniger Member
    edited May 29

Iroshan464 said: Is it multiuser or multisite?

It is multisite. You spawn as many websites as you want under one account.

hostWP.net - Wordpress Hosting Platform.

• alexnfalexnf Member

ISPConfig 3 has this, you can install new wordpress sites in 1 click

• Thanks @LTniger @alexnf
    It seems like wpultimo is a great choice. However, cost 100$ per year.

• wilbowilbo Member

What about CyberPanel?

• AK_KWHAK_KWH Member, Provider

Hi,
    Why you dont like to go with free directadmin license + VPS ?

KhanWebHost Cheap Shared Hosting | Cheap KVM VPS (DE,UK,US,FR) | KVM Sale - LET Offers

• @AK_KWH
    I have that with few of VPSs.
    I was just wondering about specialized WordPress hosting...

• BharatBBharatB Member, Provider

@Iroshan464 said:
    @AK_KWH

More like managed?

Readydedis, LLC - Managed Dedicated Servers

• @BharatB said:

@Iroshan464 said:
    @AK_KWH

More like managed?

Yeah. That's it. So I can do the updates and background things and users can do frontend.

• BharatBBharatB Member, Provider

@Iroshan464 said:

Try https://cloudjiffy.com/ reselling, you can give users ftp access / collaboration access to only perform file changes. While cluster related changes are in your control.

Thanked by 1leapswitch

Readydedis, LLC - Managed Dedicated Servers

• MohamadSYMohamadSY Member

If you would like buy a slice from @Francisco , 1GB ram, DA & Softaculous are free for 3.5$ monthly . ;)

• Why's everyone hyped about WP?

• wordpress has multisite support built in. you will have to handle updates and install plugins and themes. they get to add content, enable/disable plugins and themes only. would this suffice?

• @Abdussamad said:
    wordpress has multisite support built in. you will have to handle updates and install plugins and themes. they get to add content, enable/disable plugins and themes only. would this suffice?

Funny thing, but when you choose a theme you got nothing after the installation. No demo content and your site looks like a lot of shitsites on the web. It's kinda deception, or maybe self-deception? You see a nice theme, wanna download and enjoy, but got only a layout. It's humiliating. For beginners, this is shock and stress

• Broscience said: For beginners, this is shock and stress

sad. they have to learn that content is what makes a site not the design. the design is just fluff. even your visitors are there for the content.

• WebProjectWebProject Member, Provider

Plesk is great control panel for installation, update and secure the WP, you can try our services:
    https://www.webprovps.com/wordpress-hosting

We can provide reseller plan and as part of service every instance of WP is updated on weekly basis.

VPS Price Match Guarantee on: All our range of DDOS protected XEN-HVM VPS Plans
    Are you looking for best price for self-managed VPS? See WebProVPS website for more details.
    edited May 29

@Broscience said:
    Why's everyone hyped about WP?

Everyone is hyped about DA - uncompleted control panel only popular due to attractive price only. If tomorrow the cPanel reverse the price I can bet you that everyone jump back to cPanel! As using DA still need to use ssh in order to complete the tasks compare to cPanel or Plesk can be done in control panel.

Thanked by 1Synatiq
    Are you looking for best price for self-managed VPS? See WebProVPS website for more details.
  • RedSoxRedSox Member

@WebProject said:

@Broscience said:

Everyone is hyped about DA - uncompleted control panel, as still need to use ssh in order to complete the tasks compare to cPanel or Plesk can be done in control panel.

There is a big difference between DA and cPanel/Plesk - 2 bucks/mo vs 15-20... For me cpanel and plesk are overpriced, while DA gives you the opportunity to feel good and comfortable for just 2 bucks.

• pbxpbx Member

If they can learn a couple of basic things (upload files using an ftp client, set DB info on wordpress install page) you just need any panel out there. As long as creating a new DB / DB user is easy there is no difficulty in installing wordpress.

You can check out froxlor if this kind of setup could work for you. Performs great (can run php-fpm with your own tweaks) and stays simple.

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited May 29

@RoboCain said:

It looks pretty nice :) I found out about it a while ago but the pricing was a bit steep.

• vyas11vyas11 Member

@lroshan Pricing lowest to highest

Server Avatar
    Runcloud
    Gridpane

• dedipromodedipromo Member

Ever tried https://easyengine.io/? Wordpress complete setup + Let's Encrypt in one click.

Thanked by 2Iroshan464 o_be_one

Easy Website Backup Script: easybackup Extremely affordable FTP backup storage: 1Fichier

• RoboCainRoboCain Member

@vyas11 said:
    @lroshan Pricing lowest to highest

Server Avatar
    Runcloud
    Gridpane

Hey @vyas11

Since you mentioned these services. What exactly is Cloudron.io?

Is it just a way to one click install applications or is it more than that?

"People want paradise. They will have it."

-Cain (RoboCop 2 ,1990)

• refikrefik Member
    Thanked by 1Iroshan464
  • Nice tools.
    Thanks.
    I'll have a look.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • edited May 30

So here's what I would look at:

1. If you are reasonably technical, take a look at ApisCP (https://apiscp.com/). You can pickup a mini license for $30/year and then run the control panel on any VPS with at least 2GB ram (I'd suggest Vultr or Digital Ocean). It has Wordpress auto-update capability built-in. You can host up to 10 domains.
    2. Not cheap, but impressive is Gridpane (https://gridpane.com/). At $30/month you can have unlimited servers/websites and it will basically take care of everything for you. I was with Gridpane before moving to ApisCP. You still have to pair this with at least one VPS/server.
    3. ploi.io is another good option. You pay $9/month and can manage up to 5 servers and unlimited domains. It also requires a separate VPS/server.
    4. RunCloud is also very popular. It's $6.67/month for 1 server and unlimited web applications. As with the others, it requires a separate VPS/server.
    Thanked by 1Iroshan464
  • kaz050457kaz050457 Member

clustercs is another option..

• sdglhmsdglhm Member

I have a semi-completed Wordpress panel which I wrote a while ago to learn ropes with Docker. It spins up a new Docker container with Wordpress and Wordpress CLI installed, uses Wordpress CLI for management and other stuff. If you're looking to build one, I can send you some information and guides which I've used to build it.

Thanked by 1webclouddev

I repeat, RAID is not backup | Looking for a developer for your next project? - Hire me

• Iroshan464Iroshan464 Member
    edited May 31

Thanks @sdglhm
    However, I am not a coder, and still a newbie.
    Preferred to find an easy one.
    Thanks to all, have options.

Thanks all a lot.

• @sdglhm said:
    I have a semi-completed Wordpress panel which I wrote a while ago to learn ropes with Docker. It spins up a new Docker container with Wordpress and Wordpress CLI installed, uses Wordpress CLI for management and other stuff. If you're looking to build one, I can send you some information and guides which I've used to build it.

i'll be interested into this, if you have github link drop me a DM >)

EVERYTHING IS MUCH BETTER THAN IT WAS 1 YEAR AGO

• vyas11vyas11 Member

@Iroshan464 said:
    Thanks @sdglhm
    However, I am not a coder, and still a newbie.
    Preferred to find an easy one.
    Thanks to all, have options.

Thanks all a lot.

Server Avatar https://serveravatar.com/pricing/

Cloudron seems similar to bitnami or other 'one click install' services that are offered on DO, AWS, etc.

• MikePTMikePT Member, Provider

@WebProject said:

@Broscience said:

Everyone is hyped about DA - uncompleted control panel only popular due to attractive price only. If tomorrow the cPanel reverse the price I can bet you that everyone jump back to cPanel! As using DA still need to use ssh in order to complete the tasks compare to cPanel or Plesk can be done in control panel.

Uncomplete? Will you please elaborate?

• huntercophuntercop Member

I would actually recommend runcloud, I use this for friends and family and they just use wordpress admin section to manage everything. Also sets up SSL for free.

Thanked by 1Iroshan464

@MikePT said:

@WebProject said:

@Broscience said:

• cPanel has a vast selection of plugins available, to expand the abilities of that panel. Even Plesk has quite a few through its Application Vault. But DirectAdmin has almost none.
    • DirectAdmin can handle basic server administration activities quite easily, but advanced functionalities such as clustering or staging support is missing.
    • Basic stuff can be done via control panel but majority tweaks via SSH, other control panels do have functions to edit via control panel. Webmin even allow to run SSH commands via control panel.
  • rcy026rcy026 Member

@Broscience said:

@Abdussamad said:
    wordpress has multisite support built in. you will have to handle updates and install plugins and themes. they get to add content, enable/disable plugins and themes only. would this suffice?

Funny thing, but when you choose a theme you got nothing after the installation. No demo content and your site looks like a lot of shitsites on the web. It's kinda deception, or maybe self-deception? You see a nice theme, wanna download and enjoy, but got only a layout. It's humiliating. For beginners, this is shock and stress

Try a serious theme such as Neve, https://themeisle.com/themes/neve/
    It's a theme, but they also provide hundreds of "example sites" based on the theme complete with images, contents, menus etc. You can install a complete site and then just edit the contents, or just install the theme and build your own site.

• MikePTMikePT Member, Provider

@WebProject said:

@MikePT said:

@WebProject said:

@Broscience said:

• cPanel has a vast selection of plugins available, to expand the abilities of that panel. Even Plesk has quite a few through its Application Vault. But DirectAdmin has almost none.
    • DirectAdmin can handle basic server administration activities quite easily, but advanced functionalities such as clustering or staging support is missing.
    • Basic stuff can be done via control panel but majority tweaks via SSH, other control panels do have functions to edit via control panel. Webmin even allow to run SSH commands via control panel.

Wa, you have plenty of SSH commands for DA... cPanel has plugins as DA will have in the future, it's easy to build plugins now.

• sdglhmsdglhm Member

webclouddev said: i'll be interested into this, if you have github link drop me a DM >)

Unfortunately, I cannot share the source code as I'm discussing with a potential buyer. However, I can help you you with how I created it.

I repeat, RAID is not backup | Looking for a developer for your next project? - Hire me

• raindog308raindog308 Moderator

@Broscience said: see a nice theme, wanna download and enjoy, but got only a layout. It's humiliating. For beginners, this is shock and stress

Who are these pansy users, that a WP theme is capable of humiliating, shocking, and stressing them? They need some tough love and should be forced to create their web sites in raw HTML.

For LET support, please visit the support desk.

• cleverconcierge said: I was with Gridpane before moving to ApisCP. You still have to pair this with at least one VPS/server.

What happened, why move? How's the result of your move? Please let me know. Thanks.

• samKsamK Member

Our top choices for managed WordPress hosting are: WP Engine – Best overall in terms of performance, reliability, pricing and features. SiteGround – Low cost managed WordPress hosting with friendly support and great performance