Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is there a good WordPress hosting manager?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Is there a good WordPress hosting manager?

My requirements are these.
I would like to provide WordPress hosting for a local group of work colleagues.
I would like to have them to mange there site by themselves. However, they don't need a full cpanel experience. Just to install WordPress and updating an stuff, so I don't have to help them.
This would be more like sitegrounds, WordPress hosting.
Is there a user-friendly affordable script for this.
I know easyengine and wordops, but I think they don't give full control to the client,
Specialized Pass and SaaS are pricey.
Thanks.

Comments

• cazrzcazrz Member

Softaculois?

Thanked by 1Iroshan464
  • @cazrz
    Yes. But it's in a web panel. DA or cpanel.
    Can go with webuzo. It is cheap. if nothing else.

• RoboCainRoboCain Member
    edited May 2020

I think infiniteWP is nice. I was looking at their product earlier. It's a bit expensive though.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @RoboCain said:
    I think infiniteWP is nice. I was looking at their product earlier. It's a bit expensive though.

Thanks.
    Is it multiuser or multisite?
    Looks like the second. I'll do test run and see.

• LeviLevi Member
    edited May 2020

Iroshan464 said: Is it multiuser or multisite?

It is multisite. You spawn as many websites as you want under one account.

• alexnfalexnf Member

ISPConfig 3 has this, you can install new wordpress sites in 1 click

• Thanks @LTniger @alexnf
    It seems like wpultimo is a great choice. However, cost 100$ per year.

• wilbowilbo Member

What about CyberPanel?

• AK_KWHAK_KWH Member, Patron Provider

Hi,
    Why you dont like to go with free directadmin license + VPS ?

• @AK_KWH
    I have that with few of VPSs.
    I was just wondering about specialized WordPress hosting...

• BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

@Iroshan464 said:
    @AK_KWH

More like managed?

• @BharatB said:

@Iroshan464 said:
    @AK_KWH

More like managed?

Yeah. That's it. So I can do the updates and background things and users can do frontend.

• BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

@Iroshan464 said:

Try https://cloudjiffy.com/ reselling, you can give users ftp access / collaboration access to only perform file changes. While cluster related changes are in your control.

Thanked by 1leapswitch
  • If you would like buy a slice from @Francisco , 1GB ram, DA & Softaculous are free for 3.5$ monthly . ;)

• SynatiqSynatiq Member

Plesk has a dedicated Wordpress manager too.

• Why's everyone hyped about WP?

• wordpress has multisite support built in. you will have to handle updates and install plugins and themes. they get to add content, enable/disable plugins and themes only. would this suffice?

• @Abdussamad said:
    wordpress has multisite support built in. you will have to handle updates and install plugins and themes. they get to add content, enable/disable plugins and themes only. would this suffice?

Funny thing, but when you choose a theme you got nothing after the installation. No demo content and your site looks like a lot of shitsites on the web. It's kinda deception, or maybe self-deception? You see a nice theme, wanna download and enjoy, but got only a layout. It's humiliating. For beginners, this is shock and stress

• Broscience said: For beginners, this is shock and stress

sad. they have to learn that content is what makes a site not the design. the design is just fluff. even your visitors are there for the content.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

Plesk is great control panel for installation, update and secure the WP, you can try our services:
    https://www.webprovps.com/wordpress-hosting

We can provide reseller plan and as part of service every instance of WP is updated on weekly basis.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran
    edited May 2020

@Broscience said:
    Why's everyone hyped about WP?

Everyone is hyped about DA - uncompleted control panel only popular due to attractive price only. If tomorrow the cPanel reverse the price I can bet you that everyone jump back to cPanel! As using DA still need to use ssh in order to complete the tasks compare to cPanel or Plesk can be done in control panel.

Thanked by 1Synatiq
  • RedSoxRedSox Member

@WebProject said:

@Broscience said:
    Why's everyone hyped about WP?

Everyone is hyped about DA - uncompleted control panel, as still need to use ssh in order to complete the tasks compare to cPanel or Plesk can be done in control panel.

There is a big difference between DA and cPanel/Plesk - 2 bucks/mo vs 15-20... For me cpanel and plesk are overpriced, while DA gives you the opportunity to feel good and comfortable for just 2 bucks.

• pbxpbx Member

If they can learn a couple of basic things (upload files using an ftp client, set DB info on wordpress install page) you just need any panel out there. As long as creating a new DB / DB user is easy there is no difficulty in installing wordpress.

You can check out froxlor if this kind of setup could work for you. Performs great (can run php-fpm with your own tweaks) and stays simple.

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited May 2020

@RoboCain said:

It looks pretty nice :) I found out about it a while ago but the pricing was a bit steep.

• vyas11vyas11 Member

@lroshan Pricing lowest to highest

Server Avatar
    Runcloud
    Gridpane

• Ever tried https://easyengine.io/? Wordpress complete setup + Let's Encrypt in one click.

Thanked by 2Iroshan464 o_be_one
  • @vyas11 said:
    @lroshan Pricing lowest to highest

Server Avatar
    Runcloud
    Gridpane

Hey @vyas11

Since you mentioned these services. What exactly is Cloudron.io?

Is it just a way to one click install applications or is it more than that?

• refikrefik Member
    Thanked by 1Iroshan464
  • Nice tools.
    Thanks.
    I'll have a look.

Thanked by 1Ympker