Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kimsufi - torrenting
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Kimsufi - torrenting

Does anyone use a Kimsufi server for torrenting? i.e. a cheap seedbox type of deal.

Does Kimsufi allow this?

Comments

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

Torrenting doesn't matter, but you have to respond to DMCA within like 24 hours or risk getting the IP blocked.

• OsirisBlackOsirisBlack Member
    edited May 2020

There OK for long term seeding of Linux ISO but not so good if you want to race Linux ISO. I'd also stick to private Linux ISO downloading to avoid what MikeA has stated.

• Jake4Jake4 Member

Would recommend sticking a SOCKs proxy to your torrent server to prevent DMCA notices

• If you are on private trackers, that's absolutely fine.

Thanked by 1chedenaz
  • defaultdefault Veteran
    edited May 2020

Solution is simple: use a public VPN (NordVPN, FastestVPN, Ivacy, KeepSolid, etc.).

1. Remove IPv6 connection (to avoid torrenting over server's IPv6)
    2. Add routing table, like the following (to enable incoming connections over server's IP, like SSH, even when VPN is active). [Replace server-ipv4 and gateway-ipv4 as needed.]
    sudo ip rule add from _server-ipv4_ table 128
    sudo ip route add table 128 to _server-ipv4_/24 dev eth0
    sudo ip route add table 128 default via _gateway-ipv4_

1. Enable the VPN and make sure it stays connected with a crontab script.
    2. Start torrenting on seedbox

DISCLAIMER: My comment is intended for legal sharing of data, like Linux/FreeBSD or other open source software, through VPN. LET is not a board to promote hacking, abuses, copyright infringements, or other illegal activities.

• Alternatively you can use a rutorrent-vpn docker.

Thanked by 1ofit
  • As long as there’s no copyright or other legal notices coming

Thanked by 1chedenaz
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

I use a seedbox from a seedbox provider, but for years I used a Kimsufi with public trackers.

Never got a single DMCA or contact from Kimsufi about anything.

Thanked by 1chocolateshirt
  • stefemanstefeman Member
    edited May 2020

Its OVH for god sake. You dont need to run an OVH server through VPN.. Even Hetzner is safe for random public tracker usage.. Ive done so for 2 years now without any issues.

Even if you choose France location from the VPN for ur OVH server, its probly just another OVh server hosted by the VPN provider lol.

@MikeA said:
    Torrenting doesn't matter, but you have to respond to DMCA within like 24 hours or risk getting the IP blocked.

OVH forwarding DMCA to the client? Never heard of that happening myself. It probly does, but not with torrents.

Thanked by 1o_be_one
  • @stefeman said:
    Its OVH for god sake. You dont need to run an OVH server through VPN.. Even Hetzner is safe for random public tracker usage.. Ive done so for 2 years now without any issues.

Hetzner did block some public trackers in my case (most didn't start, but a few got to run). I took that as a sign and moved to use only private ones on it.

• Vova1234Vova1234 Member, Patron Provider

You need to disable DHT torrenting.

Thanked by 1RedSox
  • @MikeA said: Torrenting doesn't matter, but you have to respond to DMCA within like 24 hours or risk getting the IP blocked.

@stefeman said: Its OVH for god sake. You dont need to run an OVH server through VPN.. Even Hetzner is safe for random public tracker usage.. Ive done so for 2 years now without any issues.

I've heard that OVH terminates your account if there are too many DMCA reports especially OVH US with their US servers. And Hetzner is extremely strict when it comes to copyrighted material/DMCA. Hetzner is usually fine with torrents if you don't get the copyright abuse.

@stefeman said: OVH forwarding DMCA to the client?

They always forward the report to the client.

@cyanogenic said: Does Kimsufi allow this?

You can use qbittorrent webui and configure to use it with a proxy or better as @kennsann suggested you can use qbittorrent-vpn or rutorrent-vpn docker as it used OpenVPN.

• LeviLevi Member
    edited October 2020

Private trackers is not the answer, look at this https://torrentfreak.com/movie-company-sues-pirates-who-used-an-anonymous-vpn-201026/

Just download, seed until 1.0 and delete. Don't be a dick. Simple rule.

• @LTniger said:
    Private trackers is not the answer, look at this https://torrentfreak.com/movie-company-sues-pirates-who-used-an-anonymous-vpn-201026/

Just download, seed until 1.0 and delete. Don't be a dick. Simple rule.

Did you even read the article?

• @Vova1234 said:
    You need to disable DHT torrenting.

That's a really wise advice.

• Torrent traffic ->wireguard vpn docker (openvpn will be too hard on cpu)

• @l2o88j how named wireguard vpn docker?

• @default said:
    Solution is simple: use a public VPN (NordVPN, FastestVPN, Ivacy, KeepSolid, etc.).

2. Add routing table, like the following (to enable incoming connections over server's IP, like SSH, even when VPN is active). [Replace server-ipv4 and gateway-ipv4 as needed.]

DISCLAIMER: My comment is intended for legal sharing of data, like Linux/FreeBSD or other open source software, through VPN. LET is not a board to promote hacking, abuses, copyright infringements, or other illegal activities.

Why would you need VPN if you are torrenting legal files?

• @yokowasis said:

@default said:

Why would you need VPN if you are torrenting legal files?

Just to be on the safe side...

Thanked by 1default
  • @ofit said:
    @l2o88j how named wireguard vpn docker?

Run https://hub.docker.com/r/linuxserver/wireguard in client mode with a wireguard config and use this docker container as network for your torrent client vpn

docker create --name=transmission --net=container:wireguard

• In my experience, they don't care in France, but you can expect DMCA complaints to be forwarded to you in Canada.

• sorry to bring this back up, but when you guys talk about DMCA complaints being forwarded, would it happen even on say US control panel/ account, but datacenters in the UK?
    Thanks.

• @falconner said:
    sorry to bring this back up, but when you guys talk about DMCA complaints being forwarded, would it happen even on say US control panel/ account, but datacenters in the UK?
    Thanks.

Using a KS-1 as a seedbox for several years without any DMCA issues or any other. Seeding public trackers
    (Server is in Gravelines)