Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a dedicated server (EU) - No Germany
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for a dedicated server (EU) - No Germany

Hi,

I am currently happy with the provider I have now, but my servers are getting a bit small. So I am looking for a provider that could provide me with the following:

• Server in Europe. I prefer the UK or Netherlands. It can't be Germany due to local laws stating I'd need to put all the address info online. Rebroadcasting pirate radio (FM) is legal in The Netherlands, but in Germany I would need to put the private info of the pirate radio, and obviously, that's not so handy. Nothing sketchy.

• I would need at least a quadcore with a single core at 3.4 GHz. If it could be a hexacore, it would be nice, but not necessary.

• I would need at least 48 GB RAM, it would be nice if it could be 64 GB RAM. The memory is mostly the biggest culprit.

• I would need at least 1,5 TB storage. It could be 1 TB HDD, 512 GB SSD, or full 1,5 TB SSD. Whatever is possible.

• I would need a few IP addresses. VMWare installation and remote console (IPMI or equivalents would be nice).

What I already know:

• Hetzner - in Germany - out of the picture;
  • OVH - Bad support
  • Ikoula: already put it on the list

It would be nice if someone could give me a custom offer. Budget is around 100 EUR per server. Might up the budget if needed, but not too much.

Thanks,
Dennis

Comments

• JordJord Moderator, Host Rep
    edited December 2019

Maybe @Clouvider @Zare might be able to help you out. I'm sure they can work something out, they have both locations too.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@Jord said:
    Maybe @Clouvider might be able to help you out. I'm sure they can work something out, they have both locations too.

Thanks for the mention!

@DennisdeWit What port speed & bandwidth are you looking for?

• BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep

I'd recommend @Zare !

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • Alphavps, @AlexBarakov

• @Clouvider said:

@Jord said:
    Maybe @Clouvider might be able to help you out. I'm sure they can work something out, they have both locations too.

Thanks for the mention!

@DennisdeWit What port speed & bandwidth are you looking for?

1Gb/s would be nice. 100 Mbps is a bit too low, but 500 would work too, I think. My current provider does 100TB bandwith, but from experience I know I don't need that at all. How much can you do? I think even a few TB a month per server would be ok already.

@DennisdeWit said:
    How much can you do?

Typically we offer 1Gbps or 2.5Gbps (depends on the specific chassis) all the way upto 10Gbps, with 30TB or 50TB per month being included respectively but that can be upgraded to unmetered.

• @Clouvider said:

@DennisdeWit said:
    How much can you do?

Typically we offer 1Gbps or 2.5Gbps (depends on the specific chassis) all the way upto 10Gbps, with 30TB or 50TB per month being included respectively but that can be upgraded to unmetered.

1Gbps would be fine already. 30TB a month would be fine too. We have some small websites and a few streams. If you can, could you PM me an offer? Maybe we can work something out. :-))

• btw: if your broadcasts are available in germany or targeted towards german audience the location of the server doesn't really matter in terms of laws ... just saying ;-)

Thanked by 1Shot2
  • @Falzo said:
    btw: if your broadcasts are available in germany or targeted towards german audience the location of the server doesn't really matter in terms of laws ... just saying ;-)

The broadcasts are not mine and are also not targeted towards Germans. Not at all. The problem is just that German law doesn’t accept such thing, even if you target it for a different audience.

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • CConnerCConner Member, Host Rep

Maybe Hetzer DC in Finland?

• Mr_TomMr_Tom Member, Host Rep

+1 for Clouvider

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • DennisdeWit said: . It can't be Germany due to local laws stating I'd need to put all the address info online

I know tons of sites that host at hetzner that don't do this, that are US run. What law is this? I'm curious.

• @Mr_Tom said:
    +1 for Clouvider

Sure, why not. I’m waiting for a deal from you, @Clouvider!

@hzr said:

DennisdeWit said: . It can't be Germany due to local laws stating I'd need to put all the address info online

I know tons of sites that host at hetzner that don't do this, that are US run. What law is this? I'm curious.

https://www.hetzner.com/rechtliches/agb under section 6.1. As soon as you publish third party content, you will need to post your personal info with it.

Pretty sure some of my customers are not ok with it. Most of them even use privacy protect.

If these websites at Hetzner don’t do it, they break the ToS of Hetzner and are eligible for termination.

• Switzerland may work out as well.

• @blackjack4494 said:
    Switzerland may work out as well.

Switzerland, Germany and Austria have the obligation of publishing your Impressum on every website. Which means: publish your personal info everywhere on every site. It’s a law. I am really not looking forward to having people around my house.

edited December 2019

We currently have our Supermicro MC E-3 Promo on sale, in London, alongside our standard E3v6 range. There are also a few preconfigured systems on promotion too but non that hit all your requirements.

We could do the following:
    Supermicro MC E-3 Promotion
    CPU: E-2146G
    CPU Spec: 6 Cores, 12 Threads, 3.5G/4.5G Turbo
    RAM: 64GB DDR4 ECC RAM,
    HDD: 2 x 2TB Enterprise HDD
    RAID: Software
    50TB over 2.5G Optical Link,
    London, UK
    Secured IPMI access over VPN on request.
    Additional IP's available from £1/month.
    £105/m - Order Link

VMware installation wouldn't be an issue, we can install it for you to activate your own license.

We also have E-2276G based servers in Amsterdam that can be done to the same spec.

• mustafamw3mustafamw3 Member, Patron Provider

https://www.worldstream.nl/en/dedicated/premium/info
    I bought my server from worldstream, it's reliable, cheap and fast with no downtime

• serveria_comserveria_com Member, Host Rep
    edited December 2019

I'm a noob sorry. I'm not sure if it's allowed to send offers here... but 100EUR for that config sounds doable.

• JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

@serveria_com said:
    I'm a noob sorry. I'm not sure if it's allowed to send offers here... but 100EUR for that config sounds doable. If Eastern-Europe, Latvia is ok with you...

You need a provider tag to post offers. Read the rules and apply for one :)

Thanked by 1serveria_com
  • serveria_comserveria_com Member, Host Rep

Thanks, got it.