Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

finalhosting.nl: chasing pavements - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

finalhosting.nl: chasing pavements

Comments

• durr final opention ist nigh!

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited December 2019

Well, if he does advertise a i9, he needs deliver it.

He makes himself liable against other companies => competitive distortion
    Also he actually promises, to deliver the vps on a i9 system and does not fulfill it.

If he would say, yea some of our nodes have i9, if you have luck you get on one.
    Is far different from claiming, all your new vps will get deployed on an i9 dedicated.

That's what he says, in the specifications, so he is pulling off shady stuff.

Thanked by 1MrH
  • jordynegen11jordynegen11 Member
    edited December 2019

Hello,

In this specific matter our system made a mistake and because we are responsible for the system we made a mistake. There is no excuse for that.

Because of this we offered to solve the problem 2 times and we also offered to extend the services for 2 weeks free of charge and make sure this could not happen again. Unfortunately @lowending did not elaborate on this.

@lowending has also reported 2 previous downtimes in the topic. What he didn't tell you was that this has been casued by an network card failture and CPU failture.

I understand that it is very annoying to be a victim of hardware failture in such a short time but since it was all new hardware we could not prevent it much.

We never advertised with a money back guarantee and we do not offer it, besides the 14-day return right that is determined by Dutch law.

What @lowending can do is ask for compensation for the days that the server did not work properly because his servers where moved to a node with a different CPU. And ofcourse we will give him that.

• dahartigandahartigan Member
    edited December 2019

@lowending said:

@dahartigan said:
    Is anyone taking odds on this?

What's the bet?

Smart man for asking that! ;) The bet is that the provider is going to face an angry mob of pitchfork-yielding LETers due to the lack of response, the updates from you aren't exactly indicating things will end well.

I'm sorry if it's in poor taste to joke about placing bets on something as serious as being ripped off, I know how it feels to be in that position myself.

But seriously though, I'm curious how this pans out. You're relatively new here, perhaps you don't know that this community thrives on drama.

@uptime said:
    durr final opention ist nigh!

Refound button solves many problems, say Cociusius.

• Next time advertise i9/L5630

• I rate this thread 8/10 so far. Quality drama. I wonder how it will end.

Thanked by 2alilet MrH
  • @stefeman said:
    I rate this thread 8/10 so far. Quality drama. I wonder how it will end.

Which popcorn brand? Prefer strong buttery taste

Thanked by 2dahartigan MrH
  • :popcorn:

• @dahartigan said:

@lowending said:

@dahartigan said:
    Is anyone taking odds on this?

What's the bet?

Smart man for asking that! ;) The bet is that the provider is going to face an angry mob of pitchfork-yielding LETers due to the lack of response, the updates from you aren't exactly indicating things will end well.

I'm sorry if it's in poor taste to joke about placing bets on something as serious as being ripped off, I know how it feels to be in that position myself.

But seriously though, I'm curious how this pans out. You're relatively new here, perhaps you don't know that this community thrives on drama.

I honestly understand the juiciness of this from a third party perspective and don't mind it at all. Part of me is also a spectator enjoying popcorn. The other part of me is ripping his hair out rage clicking refresh. Been lurking for years so yeah I get the culture.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • @jordynegen11 said:
    Because of this we offered to solve the problem 2 times and we also offered to extend the services for 2 weeks free of charge and make sure this could not happen again. Unfortunately @lowending did not elaborate on this.

@lowending has also reported 2 previous downtimes in the topic. What he didn't tell you was that this has been casued by an network card failture and CPU failture.

I understand that it is very annoying to be a victim of hardware failture in such a short time but since it was all new hardware we could not prevent it much.

My screenshots were verbatim. Elaboration was not needed because you've addressed it with your words. Saying that I withheld information is like saying you yourself did not elaborate on this.

Downtimes are downtimes, I don't think anyone needed to know what they were about but okay.

• @cybertech said:
    Next time advertise i9/L5630

Hehe, i9 only if you agree to keep it idle ;)

• JordJord Moderator, Host Rep
    edited December 2019

Did someone say popcorn brand? What about bamboo?

• This could have been handled so much better in my opinion. 2 weeks extra for a service the customer is clearly unhappy with is not going to help. Customer spent good money with the provider, customer service should match the price tag.

I'm sure a prorata refund of the remainder of the year minus transaction fees would be a better gesture to show you're really serious. Customer would be more likely to walk away less pissed off.

CS101

Thanked by 2marvel MrH
  • tgltgl Member
    edited December 2019

the @cociu effect: guerantee failture failture

no refound but 1 mount free iz god

Thanked by 1bjo
  • @tgl said:
    the @cociu effect: guerantee failture failture

no refound but 1 mount free iz god

But cociu always refunds

Thanked by 3pike Edmond MrH
  • seriesnseriesn Member
    edited December 2019

jordynegen11 said: In this specific matter our system made a mistake and because we are responsible for the system we made a mistake. There is no excuse for that.

It didn't. Sorry to be that guy and might not know how your system works, but if it can downgrade without IP swap, it should be able to upgrade as well. And how can the same happen for multiple VPS "spread across different nodes" is beyond my imagination. Shit happens, we all gotta make money. I understand but this didn't add up

On a side note, if you are not using Onapp or something similar, I would actually love to spend couple of bucks and either purchase/lease that software/script from you. Not being a dick, really cool concept that I don't know how to create.

jordynegen11 said: What he didn't tell you was that this has been casued by an network card failture and CPU failture.

Not his fault. Not his problem.

From your website :
    "Completely redundant
    Our cloud platform offers a 99.95% SLA availability guarantee with full hardware and network redundancy to keep your services running."

I couldn't find your SLA besides this using google translate.

"5.9 Delivery times are subject to installation errors. Our employees are available 24/7 to subsequently deliver the server (s) quickly. 5.9.1 In the event of overuse by third parties (for example as a result of a DDoS attack) Finalhosting reserves the right to temporarily interrupt the service. SLA guarantees are no longer valid."

jordynegen11 said: Because of this we offered to solve the problem 2 times and we also offered to extend the services for 2 weeks free of charge and make sure this could not happen again. Unfortunately @lowending did not elaborate on this.

There is no point.

My man, shit happened, shit always happens. The customer is not always right and I don't have the right to tell you how to run your business. But this is one of the very rare case scenarios in LET where the customer actually is right.

But if it was my business and I knew I messed up, I would have taken the easy route and do what the customer is requesting. If they are happy to work with me and requested extension, great, if they are not happy to work with me and wants a refund, they are not at fault either. He or she is not going to do business with me anyway and by "holding" him/her back, I am just warranting drama, which we don't have enough time for.

And to be honest, you can post your TOS, blah Policy, bleh policy, in the event of a chargeback you will lose because the customer didn't get what they paid for. Why bother my good man?

• @seriesn said:

jordynegen11 said: In this specific matter our system made a mistake and because we are responsible for the system we made a mistake. There is no excuse for that.

It didn't. Sorry to be that guy and might not know how your system works, but if it can downgrade without IP swap, it should be able to upgrade as well. And how can the same happen for multiple VPS "spread across different nodes" is beyond my imagination. Shit happens, we all gotta make money. I understand but this didn't add up

On a side note, if you are not using Onapp or something similar, I would actually love to spend couple of bucks and either purchase/lease that software/script from you. Not being a dick, really cool concept that I don't know how to create.

jordynegen11 said: What he didn't tell you was that this has been casued by an network card failture and CPU failture.

Not his fault. Not his problem.

From your website :
    "Completely redundant
    Our cloud platform offers a 99.95% SLA availability guarantee with full hardware and network redundancy to keep your services running."

I couldn't find your SLA besides this using google translate.

"5.9 Delivery times are subject to installation errors. Our employees are available 24/7 to subsequently deliver the server (s) quickly. 5.9.1 In the event of overuse by third parties (for example as a result of a DDoS attack) Finalhosting reserves the right to temporarily interrupt the service. SLA guarantees are no longer valid."

jordynegen11 said: Because of this we offered to solve the problem 2 times and we also offered to extend the services for 2 weeks free of charge and make sure this could not happen again. Unfortunately @lowending did not elaborate on this.

There is no point.

My man, shit happened, shit always happens. The customer is not always right and I don't have the right to tell you how to run your business. But this is one of the very rare case scenarios in LET where the customer actually is right.

But if it was my business and I knew I messed up, I would have taken the easy route and do what the customer is requesting. If they are happy to work with me and requested extension, great, if they are not happy to work with me and wants a refund, they are not at fault either. He or she is not going to do business with me anyway and by "holding" him/her back, I am just warranting drama, which we don't have enough time for.

And to be honest, you can post your TOS, blah Policy, bleh policy, in the event of a chargeback you will lose because the customer didn't get what they paid for. Why bother my good man?

@seriesn Way to go!

• edited December 2019

Not refunding the guy, stating your ToS, when you actually did fuck up - that is on you @jordynegen11

Adding host to "do not use" personal list. Very poor handling of this situation. And I actually had high hopes that this will be handled very differently.

Thanked by 2dahartigan coreflux
  • @seriesn

the script detects when the customer is paying too little and it moves the instances to a slower node, so it also depends on what billing system you are using

Thanked by 2dahartigan bjo
  • tgltgl Member
    edited December 2019

@jordynegen11 handle better situations like these man or its gonna be @Gam3over for you too

Thanked by 2poisson dahartigan
  • Penny wise, pound foolish.

Might save some small monetary losses in the short term with the way you are handling stuff, but those savings were paid with much bigger future income loss. No reasonable person will side you @jordynegen11 and your window to do damage control is rapidly closing.

Thanked by 1coreflux
  • @jordynegen11 can you please confirm that you actually are running HA and support real time migrations to and from premium and regular VPS lines in the event of any failures?

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor
    edited December 2019

@hzr said:
    @jordynegen11 can you please confirm that you actually are running HA and support real time migrations to and from premium and regular VPS lines in the event of any failures?

Unfortunately, silence is likely the only thing that will deescalate the situation.

If he says, "yes", then the immediate response will be "You're a liar. We know you're not using HA because 1. you'd be charging a hell of a lot more and 2. you'd have listed it as a feature because that's a killer feature."

OTOH if he says, "no", then the immediate response will be "You're a liar, why did you dick around with OP's VMs then?".

Quite a lose-lose situation for him any way you look at it. Besides... this is a company that is--

• tunneling through OVH for DDoS mitigation (I've yet to see this mentioned as part of any ads or product pages he's thrown up -- it's only mentioned in comments after it's brought up by somebody) and apparently needed quite a bit of help doing so [1][2][3][4]
    • offering FiveM servers ("Added FiveM pre-installed installation template") even though it's a clear violation of FiveM's TOS of which he is clearly aware
    • offers too-good-to-be-true pricing with high clocked CPU resources without really any CPU abuse policy

The warning lights are flashing if anyone cares to look up.

• a very sad situation indeed, but very enjoyable to watch

Thanked by 1MrH
  • @tgl said:
    a very sad situation indeed, but very enjoyable to watch

Thanked by 3vimalware Edmond MrH
  • MasonR said: OTOH if he says, "no", then the immediate response will be "You're a liar, why did you dick around with OP's VMs then?".

My question would then be "why would you not just admit you dicked around with OP's VMs instead of getting yourself into this hole"?

Thanked by 3MasonR poisson MrH
  • JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

I'm still confused, but hey ho.

Thanked by 1MrH
  • @hzr said:

MasonR said: OTOH if he says, "no", then the immediate response will be "You're a liar, why did you dick around with OP's VMs then?".

My question would then be "why would you not just admit you dicked around with OP's VMs instead of getting yourself into this hole"?

My question would then be "why keep the OP around any longer than he wants to?"