Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVH IP/GRE tunnel for DDoS protected servers
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVH IP/GRE tunnel for DDoS protected servers

jordynegen11jordynegen11 Member
edited April 2019 in General

Hello,

We want to use an OVH dedicated server to add DDoS protection for a couple of VM's. I was told this can be done via a GRE tunnel.

I followed this link: https://wiki.buyvm.net/doku.php/gre_tunnel
But this only works on the dedicated server. We can't provide the vms with internet via this METHOD.

We're using our own panel based on Libvirt/KVM and using a bridged network configuration. Hypervisor OS = Centos 7

Does anyone have some tips?

Comments

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

You either need a return GRE tunnel or your Datacentre needs to whitelist the OVH space you're using on RPF check.

• jordynegen11jordynegen11 Member
    edited April 2019

@Clouvider said:
    You either need a return GRE tunnel or your Datacentre needs to whitelist the OVH space you're using on RPF check.

I've setup a GRE tunnel between the 2 servers but I want to route a subnet from server 1 to server 2 so we can use the /26 range on the VM's on server 2. But I still didn't figure out how to do that.

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited April 2019

Hire someone with the networking and admin skills you obviously lack to help you setup the routing correctly or spend the time to read and learn it your self. It isn't something that is going to be conveyed in a 'one liner' code snippet and once you figure out how to setup the routing, you will need to write some scripts to make sure things are consistent past a reboot.

If your not comfortable doing the research and learning how to do it your self, then you should hire someone who is (a system admin or network admin).

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

• @malek helped me out. thanks!

Sorry for the double posts!

This discussion has been closed.