Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subscribe to our newsletter

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com

Latest LowEndBox Offers

    OneProvider Flash Sales Paris Sep.2019
    New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

    OneProvider Flash Sales Paris Sep.2019

    dfroedfroe Member, Provider

    For those who didn't notice yet, OneProvider has some Flash Sales this week in Paris (Online.net).

    https://oneprovider.com/dedicated-servers/paris-france?c=eur

    Probably not the best provider promoted here on LET but for certain use cases it might work and there are a couple of cheap dedicated servers on sale without setup fees.

    Atom C2350
    1.7 GHz 2 cores
    4 GB DDR3
    1× 128 GB (SSD) or 1× 1 TB (HDD)
    €6.99 (€13.99)
    https://oneprovider.com/order/item/dediconf/49

    Xeon X3450
    2.6 GHz 4 cores
    8 GB DDR3
    2× 1 TB (HDD)
    €13.00 (€21.00)
    https://oneprovider.com/order/item/dediconf/43

    Xeon L3426
    1.8 GHz 4 cores
    16 GB DDR3
    2× 2 TB (HDD)
    €15.00 (€22.00)
    https://oneprovider.com/order/item/dediconf/44

    Xeon E3-1240
    3.3 GHz 4 cores
    24 GB DDR3
    2× 2 TB (HDD)
    €29.99 (€42.99)
    https://oneprovider.com/order/item/dediconf/59

    Xeon E3-1220
    3.1 GHz 4 cores
    8 GB DDR3
    2× 1 TB (HDD)
    €17.00 (€20.00)
    https://oneprovider.com/order/item/dediconf/2708

    Xeon E3-1220 v2
    3.1 GHz 4 cores
    16 GB DDR3
    2× 1 TB (HDD)
    €21.00 (€36.00)
    https://oneprovider.com/order/item/dediconf/2710

    Xeon E3-1220
    3.1 GHz 4 cores
    32 GB DDR3
    2× 4 TB (HDD)
    €32.50 (€39.50)
    https://oneprovider.com/order/item/dediconf/2938

    IT-Service David Froehlich | Individual network and hosting solutions | AS39083 | RIPE LIR services (IPv4, IPv6, ASN)

    «1

    Comments

    • fLoofLoo Member
      edited September 24

      IMHO i would discourage people to accept the Atom C2350 or maybe even all offers because:

      • "Slow" CPUs without most common instructions for encoding/decoding (AES,H264,H265 [...])
      • Low Ram
      • Its Online.net
      • Throtteling of Bandwidth
      • Peerings are horrible beyond measure (well not as bad as ServDiscount/Webtropia but still)
      • Go with a decent VPS-Provider and have dedicated resources and fast discs.

      /rantmode

    • Looks good.

      But not going for online.net even if that is free.

      signature for rent - ^_^

    • NeoonNeoon Member
      edited September 24

      "Flash Sales"

      The only thing that looked good, is the 4TB Xeon machine for 15.
      But if you look at the cpu bench, you will cringe.

      Additional to that, they often ship half dead drives, means smartctl says ITS ALIVE but internal its dead and slow, and the support will not replace it because smartctl says its good.

      If you want a decent Xeon, you pick Hetzner over Online.

      Thanked by 1ehab
    • rm_rm_ Member

      fLoo said: IMHO i would discourage people to accept the Atom C2350 or maybe even all offers because:

      "Slow" CPUs without most common instructions for encoding/decoding (AES,H264,H265 [...])

      It does support AES, and regarding H264 & H265, there are no such instructions in the CPU, the CPU-based encoding relies on variants of SSE (such as SSSE3 and SSE4), many of which it also supports. The worst part about it is only 2 cores, which means it's not great for video encoding even with those instructions. Still, 7 EUR is a good price and puts it around the KS1 territory, except here you get a Gbit link (which you have to go out of your way to get throttled on), twice the disk or an SSD, and a faster and even a virtualization capable CPU.

    • dfroedfroe Member, Provider

      @Neoon said: The only thing that looked good, is the 4TB Xeon machine for 15.

      Yep, that's actually the one I picked to replace my i3-540 (4 GB RAM, 2x 1 TB HDD) from another 10 EUR flash deal. The additional 5 EUR/month seem fine to me for this upgrade.

      Nevertheless network is hit or mess and often suffers from packet loss and bad peerings. However in the price range up to 15 EUR/month it is still a decent offer for a dedi I'd say.
      Of course there are far better VPS offers out there. But sometimes you just want a dedi. ;)

      IT-Service David Froehlich | Individual network and hosting solutions | AS39083 | RIPE LIR services (IPv4, IPv6, ASN)

    • I can only think of torrent stuff when having any online/kimsufi servers.

      You're so tight, baby.

    • dfroedfroe Member, Provider

      For the records, here is a GeekBench of the L3426 (15 EUR). Compared to an i3-540, single core performance is significantly weaker due to low clock frequency.

      The server has been deployed in DC3 whereas the i3 was located in DC2. Network performance right now is 500-750 Mbit/s. It came with 2x WD RE4 and 8k hours, so quite fresh drives.

      I hoped the CPU would have been able to at least compete with the i3-540 in all disciplines. Now I have three days left to decide whether I drop the 10 EUR i3 or not...

      -------------------------------------------------
       nench.sh v2019.07.20 -- https://git.io/nench.sh
       benchmark timestamp:    2019-09-24 16:12:28 UTC
      -------------------------------------------------
      
      Processor:    Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU           L3426  @ 1.87GHz
      CPU cores:    8
      Frequency:    1861.843 MHz
      RAM:          15G
      Swap:         1.0G
      Kernel:       Linux 4.9.0-11-amd64 x86_64
      
      Disks:
      sda    1.8T  HDD
      
      CPU: SHA256-hashing 500 MB
          5.738 seconds
      CPU: bzip2-compressing 500 MB
          10.059 seconds
      CPU: AES-encrypting 500 MB
          4.474 seconds
      
      ioping: seek rate
          min/avg/max/mdev = 102.7 us / 2.04 ms / 27.8 ms / 3.02 ms
      ioping: sequential read speed
          generated 3.24 k requests in 5.00 s, 810.8 MiB, 648 iops, 162.1 MiB/s
      
      dd: sequential write speed
          1st run:    119.21 MiB/s
          2nd run:    118.26 MiB/s
          3rd run:    121.12 MiB/s
          average:    119.53 MiB/s
      
      IPv4 speedtests
          your IPv4:    195.154.225.xxxx
      
          Cachefly CDN:         92.94 MiB/s
          Leaseweb (NL):        70.00 MiB/s
          Softlayer DAL (US):   8.69 MiB/s
          Online.net (FR):      92.50 MiB/s
          OVH BHS (CA):         20.13 MiB/s
      
      No IPv6 connectivity detected
      -------------------------------------------------
      

      IT-Service David Froehlich | Individual network and hosting solutions | AS39083 | RIPE LIR services (IPv4, IPv6, ASN)

    • rm_rm_ Member
      edited September 24

      dfroe said: single core performance is significantly weaker due to low clock frequency.

      The Intel website says it's got Turbo Boost up to 3.2 GHz. Did you check if you have that working, or any way to enable it?

      E.g. https://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation/cpu-freq/boost.txt

      --------------------
      /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/boost
      controls the boost setting for the whole system. You can read and write
      that file with either "0" (boosting disabled) or "1" (boosting allowed).
      Reading or writing 1 does not mean that the system is boosting at this
      very moment, but only that the CPU _may_ raise the frequency at it's
      discretion.
      --------------------

      Also install cpufrequtils and check what cpufreq-info says.

      Or this: https://github.com/cyring/CoreFreq

      Thanked by 1dfroe
    • Online.net is yucky poopoopeepee

      lurking in the shadows like a wombat or some shit

    • hzrhzr Member, Moderator

      Neoon said: Additional to that, they often ship half dead drives, means smartctl says ITS ALIVE but internal its dead and slow, and the support will not replace it because smartctl says its good.

      I would be entirely unsurprised if some of their pissed off customers have benchamrked a disk until it needs replacement

    • jsgjsg Member

      I'm a bit surprised by the negative comments. Of course, my experience with online via oneprovider is quite short but until now my dedi works really fine and the network is really good. But of course my statements are cognizant of the fact that we are talking about LOW END products/prices.

      Fun fact: My dedi came with HDD but actually has a slowed down SSD (even a nice one), so speed is (good) HDD like.

      I've not yet found anything (incl. relatively good support) to complain about.

    • dfroedfroe Member, Provider

      @rm_ said:
      The Intel website says it's got Turbo Boost up to 3.2 GHz. Did you check if you have that working, or any way to enable it?

      Thanks a lot for pointing me in this direction.
      Indeed when I compared facts and benchmarks before I purchased the server, I assumed single core performance could be comparable because of Turbo Boost. I actually saw single core benchmarks posted from users varying quite much. Looks like some were performed with or without Turbo Boost.

      I investigated a bit and indeed Turbo Boost was not kicking in on my server. CPU frequency always remained at 1.8 GHz and it stepped down to 1.3 GHz on idle. I never managed to push one core beyond 1.8 GHz when running an endless loop etc. on a single core.

      In BIOS setup Turbo Boost was enabled properly and power management was configured to OS controlled. Well, and that's actually my problem. I upgraded to latest Debian 10 to have a recent kernel, but Turbo Boost was not properly activated by the OS. CPU frequency still does not exceed 1.8 GHz.
      /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/boost does not exist at all, which is also a bit weired.

      Finally my solution now was to change the power management in BIOS from OS controlled to Maximum Performance. I can verify that when on idle the CPU still steps down to 1.3 GHz and enters C6 state, i.e. power saving modes are still active and the server should not draw more power on idle. However when I now put load on a single core, frequency peaks up to 3.2 GHz! For me it looks like Turbo Boost is now controlled by BIOS/CPU and not by OS anymore (which didn't work with Debian).

      Obviously single core benchmarks now report a completely different story. :)

      Old GeekBench: Xeon L3426 without Turbo Boost

      New GeekBench: Xeon L3426 with Turbo Boost working

      Thanked by 2rm_ coreflux

      IT-Service David Froehlich | Individual network and hosting solutions | AS39083 | RIPE LIR services (IPv4, IPv6, ASN)

    • dfroe said: The server has been deployed in DC3 whereas the i3 was located in DC2. Network performance right now is 500-750 Mbit/s.

      Careful, I can already sense the incoming ticket on how to install Wondershaper to limit your machine to whatever they feel is appropriate.

      Thanked by 1exception0x876
    • MPGMPG Member

      Thanks for posting. Bought 2 xeons speed is good raid 1 is good for price NW stomps on what I was getting from other provider. This worked out for me. Hope Oneprovider sticks around a bit.

    • @MPG said:
      Thanks for posting. Bought 2 xeons speed is good raid 1 is good for price NW stomps on what I was getting from other provider. This worked out for me. Hope Oneprovider sticks around a bit.

      It isn't that they won't stay around, the product is resold from another company in fact, online.net, so really the product going away isn't an issue. The issue is that:
      1. Online.net has demonstrated in the past that their network can become oversold and poor to use
      2. OneProvider providers really really shitty support -- if something in the server fails it will take a while to get it replaced, if at all, and they require visual proof of drive failures, so unless the system is 100% dead of you can actually show proof (they will accept) that things are failing, they won't replace the hardware.
      3. OneProvider has done really borderline scammy stuff to customers in the past when selling their VPS product

      Just be careful and know you are going to get exactly what you pay for and nothing more than that. Don't expect some spectacular support experience if things go wrong.

      my 2 cents.

      Cheers!

      Have an Allwinner H3 device? Android? Check out H3Droid! | Lichee Pi Zero - The 6$ SBC | #SYSarm - Get It! | Atomic Pi - $35 x86 SBC
      20+ Years IT Experience in Linux/Windows Hosting, Administration and Development

    • jarjar Provider
      edited September 25

      Mmm yeah, gimme some more of those dead disks (I’m not bitter I swear lol)

    • @hzr said:

      Neoon said: Additional to that, they often ship half dead drives, means smartctl says ITS ALIVE but internal its dead and slow, and the support will not replace it because smartctl says its good.

      I would be entirely unsurprised if some of their pissed off customers have benchamrked a disk until it needs replacement

      Benchharming

      Thanked by 1ITLabs

      I like my uptime down low and my servers all hacked. Can see me droppin' twenty-fours with a router in the rack.
      Ya like ya Switch-Ports hot and ya servers all hacked. If ya pings real high and ya networks pitch black.

    • Yesterday, the 14 euro one (C2750 with 256G SSD) showed as 2.5Gbps unmetered.
      And I consult sales department. they tell me it’s only 1Gbps. The “2.5Gbps” is only a display error.
      🤔

      Comfy with Virmach

    • NeoonNeoon Member
      edited September 25

      @RecD said:
      Yesterday, the 14 euro one (C2750 with 256G SSD) showed as 2.5Gbps unmetered.
      And I consult sales department. they tell me it’s only 1Gbps. The “2.5Gbps” is only a display error.
      🤔

      Yea, usual clickbait.
      They may have a physical 2.5Gbit uplink but even then, you likely have only a 1Gbit uplink to the next switch, which is also shared, to speeds can vary a lot.

    • @Neoon said:

      @RecD said:
      Yesterday, the 14 euro one (C2750 with 256G SSD) showed as 2.5Gbps unmetered.
      And I consult sales department. they tell me it’s only 1Gbps. The “2.5Gbps” is only a display error.
      🤔

      Yea, usual clickbait.
      They may have a physical 2.5Gbit uplink but even then, you likely have only a 1Gbit uplink to the next switch, which is also shared, to speeds can vary a lot.

      Yeah, they tell me it’s “1Gbps port on a shared 2.5Gbps link” and only “1Gbps Up/Down network“.
      I will not expect 1Gbps or 2.5Gbps dedicated network with only 14€.

      And now it seems that they have “fix” the error.
      It now shows as 1Gbps fair usage.

      Comfy with Virmach

    • @RecD said:
      Yeah, they tell me it’s “1Gbps port on a shared 2.5Gbps link” and only “1Gbps Up/Down network“.
      I will not expect 1Gbps or 2.5Gbps dedicated network with only 14€.

      And now it seems that they have “fix” the error.
      It now shows as 1Gbps fair usage.

      Still showing 2.5Gbps in NL. They should've fixed all.

      signature for rent - ^_^

    • @mrclown said:
      Still showing 2.5Gbps in NL. They should've fixed all.

      For Paris dedicated server, 1Gbps.
      For NL server, don’t know if it’s shared 2.5Gbps or 1Gbps...

      Comfy with Virmach

    • @Neoon said:

      @dfroe said:

      Atom C2350
      1.7 GHz 2 cores
      4 GB DDR3
      1× 128 GB (SSD) or 1× 1 TB (HDD)
      €5.99€6.99 (€13.99)
      https://oneprovider.com/order/item/dediconf/49

      And 5.3€ /m if you pay annualy

    • Shot2Shot2 Member
      edited September 25

      In NL you are on a 2.5Gbps shared port, so you can occasionally observe short 250MB/s peaks. Not that it's very useful for anything, the SSDs/HDDs/CPUs are overwhelmed and can hardly cope with so much data, me not want trop beaucoup.

      Also, some of these Avotons have had their outgoing speed throttled in the past following abuse, which means you might end up with some crippled server, sending gigabit for a few seconds then quickly dropping to 100mbit. Contact OneProvider who will contact Online who will hopefully unblock the stuff.

      Providing less than /64 means "we are clueless about IPv6". My geekbench results. I haz BuyvM, IonSwitch, OneProv, Servarica, Veesp.

    • Well, in the end, it does not matter, if it says 2.5 or 1, if you use that long enough, you get throttled to 100Mbit

      View it as 1Gbit peak but "guaranteed" 100Mbit.
      Even if you get on a 2.5Gbit uplink, it may be congested as fuck.

    • Should be honest and do simple biz like kimsufi to keep 100Mbps. Nothing more to complain. Anyway, Online.net support = totally no. Not too sure about how oneprovider managed those indirectly.

      signature for rent - ^_^

    • dfroedfroe Member, Provider

      If you have the choice, OVH provides of course better quality than Online.net. But it is hard to find a Xeon with 16 GB RAM and 2x 2 TB HDD below 20 EUR at OVH/Kimsufi. So there might be use cases where Online.net offers are acceptable if you are aware of the drawbacks.

      IT-Service David Froehlich | Individual network and hosting solutions | AS39083 | RIPE LIR services (IPv4, IPv6, ASN)

    • Online.net's rep on LET has really gone down the drain in recent years..

    • Since they started playing dicks with their price model. "Your 4.99 Special Deal from 2 years ago is now 15.99 because well, hard disks have become more expensive to make"

      Providing less than /64 means "we are clueless about IPv6". My geekbench results. I haz BuyvM, IonSwitch, OneProv, Servarica, Veesp.

    • MPGMPG Member

      @TheLinuxBug said:

      @MPG said:
      Thanks for posting. Bought 2 xeons speed is good raid 1 is good for price NW stomps on what I was getting from other provider. This worked out for me. Hope Oneprovider sticks around a bit.

      It isn't that they won't stay around, the product is resold from another company in fact, online.net, so really the product going away isn't an issue. The issue is that:
      1. Online.net has demonstrated in the past that their network can become oversold and poor to use
      2. OneProvider providers really really shitty support -- if something in the server fails it will take a while to get it replaced, if at all, and they require visual proof of drive failures, so unless the system is 100% dead of you can actually show proof (they will accept) that things are failing, they won't replace the hardware.
      3. OneProvider has done really borderline scammy stuff to customers in the past when selling their VPS product

      Just be careful and know you are going to get exactly what you pay for and nothing more than that. Don't expect some spectacular support experience if things go wrong.

      my 2 cents.

      Cheers!

      That's fair, but in all fairness and I think someone mentioned it here as well. Given the low end spectrum. I expect support to suck ass. But HW failure will be interesting to see what happens. For the price I go for 3 months and see what happens. Worst case they suck go bad I go back to hetzner vps. But fingers crossed that doesn't happen :-) For this case it's a couple of mastodon sites so nothing revenue generating. :-)

      Thanked by 1ITLabs
    • MPGMPG Member

      @dfroe said:
      If you have the choice, OVH provides of course better quality than Online.net. But it is hard to find a Xeon with 16 GB RAM and 2x 2 TB HDD below 20 EUR at OVH/Kimsufi. So there might be use cases where Online.net offers are acceptable if you are aware of the drawbacks.

      Xactly for hobby sites, I'm good :-)

    • MPGMPG Member

      If anything I can be assured it's a 1000x's better than the beating I took form LEB provider. Couldn't keep anything online longer than a few hours.

    • those OP servers are fine for non-critical use, just don't expect fast replacements or data recovery. don't abuse the network and don't use the cripple atoms.

    • hucken said: don't abuse the network

      Thanks for the information. Anyone who is abusing something should be kicked out anyhow.

    • stefemanstefeman Member
      edited September 26

      @Timtimo13 said:

      hucken said: don't abuse the network

      Thanks for the information. Anyone who is abusing something should be kicked out anyhow.

      I will abuse it for sure with my 5 servers. Welcome to my rack people.

      Thanked by 1pike
    • dfroedfroe Member, Provider

      @stefeman said: Welcome to my rack people.

      Are you connected to "s103-j4.dc2"?
      That would explain the (expected) high jitter and bandwidths between 100 and 900 Mbit/s. :)

      Connected switch can be determined with LLDP:
      tcpdump -nvi eno1 -s 1500 ether proto 0x88cc

      IT-Service David Froehlich | Individual network and hosting solutions | AS39083 | RIPE LIR services (IPv4, IPv6, ASN)

    • rm_rm_ Member
      edited September 26

      dfroe said: Connected switch can be determined with LLDP:
      tcpdump -nvi eno1 -s 1500 ether proto 0x88cc

      Great tip!

      Apparently my 2 dedis at Online are on two different switches, even though same rack.

    • @dfroe said:

      @stefeman said: Welcome to my rack people.

      Are you connected to "s103-j4.dc2"?
      That would explain the (expected) high jitter and bandwidths between 100 and 900 Mbit/s. :)

      Connected switch can be determined with LLDP:
      tcpdump -nvi eno1 -s 1500 ether proto 0x88cc

      I'm on Rack: D38, Block: X with all of my servers.

    • There is a online sale at https://console.online.net/en/order/server_kiredechire
      kind of make those deals suck, however i suspect that the OP has lower price than online deals.

    • dfroedfroe Member, Provider

      Another difference between OneProvider and Online.net Flash Sale might be that chances should be slightly higher for OneProvider not to increase prices.

      IT-Service David Froehlich | Individual network and hosting solutions | AS39083 | RIPE LIR services (IPv4, IPv6, ASN)

    • rm_rm_ Member
      edited September 27

      dfroe said: Another difference between OneProvider and Online.net Flash Sale might be that chances should be slightly higher for OneProvider not to increase prices.

      (edited) Oh I see you were saying the same already. Still, it seems that even if Online would betray their multiple promises they give this time, very unlikely that they would increase the 1.99 price past 5.99, which is what OneProvider asking for the same server.

    • dfroedfroe Member, Provider

      @rm_ said:
      Still, it seems that even if Online would betray their multiple promises they give this time, very unlikely that they would increase the 1.99 price past 5.99, which is what OneProvider asking for the same server.

      Yes, that might be true for those small Atom boxes.

      When looking for a 'real' (non-Atom) server, deals like the 15 EUR Xeon offered by OneProvider might be the cheaper choice as Online.net did not have a Xeon in that price range.

      That's at least my theory and what I concluded after these two promos. :)

      IT-Service David Froehlich | Individual network and hosting solutions | AS39083 | RIPE LIR services (IPv4, IPv6, ASN)

    • xyzxyz Member
      edited September 28

      Anyone managed to get IPv6 working on these OneProvider servers? Online.net has this weird IPv6 DHCP system set up, which usually requires you to assign a subnet to the server, but it doesn't look like the OneProvider panel gives this option.

      Edit: okay, I missed it on the page:

      IPV6
      You may request this feature by ticket if it isn't available in the cart.

    • tgltgl Member

      I got an atom in NL for testing purposes, network is ok for the moment (seems to be 2.5Gbit shared), but SSD Power_On_Hours is 27762, which is 3.1 years.

      Are you a victim of ColonCrossing? Are you a provider tired of being ColonCrossed by LEB offers?
      You can seek help here or call us now at 1-800-GOTCCED.

    • @xyz said:
      Anyone managed to get IPv6 working on these OneProvider servers? Online.net has this weird IPv6 DHCP system set up, which usually requires you to assign a subnet to the server, but it doesn't look like the OneProvider panel gives this option.

      Edit: okay, I missed it on the page:

      IPV6
      You may request this feature by ticket if it isn't available in the cart.

      This is their response when i asked it for AMS location :

      Hello,
      
      We can provide an IPv6 range, however it is not yet fully supported 
      and thus can only be assigned via "dhclient" a DHCP delegation software.
      Please note that you will not be able to update any rDNS.
      If you can work with that, please let us know and we will assign you a range
      
    • dfroedfroe Member, Provider
      edited September 28

      That's the usual procedure.

      With Online.net every customer gets a /48 assigned to his account and you can create as many /56 assignments as you have servers with them. Every /56 (as well as the /48) will be associated with a unique DUID. You can now request each of your IPv6 network to be routed to any of your servers by using dhclient. Which in my opinion is a very good implementation as it is a properly routed /56 so you do not have to fiddle arround with proxying ndp or other hacks and you can "announce" each /56 to every of your servers in your own without involving support.

      With OneProvider they create a /56 and DUID for you. That's all.

      With Debian 10 you need to install wide-dhcpv6-client, edit /etc/wide-dhcpv6/dhcp6c.conf:

      profile default { script "/etc/wide-dhcpv6/dhcp6c-script"; };
      id-assoc pd { prefix-interface eno1 { }; };
      id-assoc na { };
      interface eno1 { send ia-na 0; send ia-pd 0; };
      

      And write your DUID into /var/lib/dhcpv6/dhcp6c_duid:

      echo 00:03:XX:XX:... | awk '{ gsub(":"," "); printf "0: 0a 00 %s\n", $0 }' | xxd -r > /var/lib/dhcpv6/dhcp6c_duid
      

      Add the IPv6 address(es) you want to use to your /etc/network/interfaces:

      iface eno1 inet6 static
          address 2001:bc8:abc:def::1/128
          accept_ra 2
      iface eno1 inet6 static
          address 2001:bc8:abc:def::2/128
          preferred-lifetime 0
      

      RA are used to determine default gateway.
      Additional IPs can be marked with preferred lifetime 0 so they won't be used as source address for outgoing connections.

      Restart service wide-dhcpv6-client and your IPv6 subnet will be routed to your server. Done. ;)

      IT-Service David Froehlich | Individual network and hosting solutions | AS39083 | RIPE LIR services (IPv4, IPv6, ASN)

    • Or just use the good ol' ISC DHCP client.

      Providing less than /64 means "we are clueless about IPv6". My geekbench results. I haz BuyvM, IonSwitch, OneProv, Servarica, Veesp.

    • rm_rm_ Member
      edited September 28

      dfroe said: With Online.net every customer gets a /48 assigned to his account

      dfroe said: With OneProvider they create a /56 and DUID for you. That's all.

      And the worst kept secret here is that most likely you can just use DUIDs from your Online.net account (if you have one) on your OneProvider dedi, even not asking OP for any IPv6, and regaining rDNS control via NS delegation in the Online panel.

      Online.net will let you split the /48 into a /56 per each server that you have, but when you cancel the servers, the /56s are not deleted. So as "some of us" have had 10 dedis at Online at some point in the past, we now get to keep 10 DUIDs with the associated /56s to use within their network. :)

      Thanked by 2dfroe xyz
    Sign In or Register to comment.