Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A lot of cheap dedicated server but with cpanel price does not make sense
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

A lot of cheap dedicated server but with cpanel price does not make sense

I was thinking to buy a cheap dedicated server and install cpanel but the cpanel price for dedicated server 45 dollars is too expensive and nonsense ! wow

Comments

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Simple, use DirectAdmin :)

Francisco

Thanked by 2Oldmanasking Ympker
  • @Francisco said:

Francisco

Yes but I find it more difficult to use Directadmin . With cpanel most of the job is so easy to do that I hardly need a server admin but with directadmin things are different for me .

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@Oldmanasking said:

@Francisco said:

Francisco

Yes but I find it more difficult to use Directadmin . With cpanel most of the job is so easy to do that I hardly need a server admin but with directadmin things are different for me .

That extra facility of use (for you) costs money, I'm afraid.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran
    edited August 2019

@Oldmanasking said:

@Francisco said:

Francisco

Then pay for it.

You can also add to the DirectAdmin feedback thread over at https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/158632/directadmin-feedback-thread-feedback-wanted-to-help-improve-the-product#latest and @DA_Mark and his team will see what they can do to improve things.

Their team has been extremely accommodating to, well, everyone.

Francisco

• This is the conclusion a lot of hosts have to come to as well.

DA was always a good panel and now they are trying to make it even better.

I am positive if you adjust your thinking just a bit you will find it a suitable replacement and maybe even grow to like it better.

The team is much, much more responsive if you have problems and are a nice group. The last part is my opinion only, I can not speak for others.

Thanked by 2ITLabs Oldmanasking
  • If you can't afford $45 then you're not doing something right. Also if you can't afford admins, God help whoever hosts with you.

• XiNiXXiNiX Member, Host Rep
    edited August 2019

@Oldmanasking said:
    I was thinking to buy a cheap dedicated server and install cpanel but the cpanel price for dedicated server 45 dollars is too expensive and nonsense ! wow

Well, depends what you want to accomplish with the server. If you were looking to sell hosting, you still need CloudLinux, Immunify360 and a couple of other goodies that are MUST for any cpanel Install. So the real price will escalate in a range close to $150 ( even with the old pricing ).

If you were just looking for a simple panel to host personal stuff, DirectAdmin is far more than sufficient and ( apparently ) faster as well.

• Oldmanasking said: Yes but I find it more difficult to use Directadmin . With cpanel most of the job is so easy to do that I hardly need a server admin but with directadmin things are different for me .

Ask yourself whether the cost of cPanel is worth more or less than your time and efforts completing tasks on a UI you're perhaps a little unfamiliar with

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran
    edited August 2019

Use Directadmin/InterWorx/ISPConfig/Webmin/Any other panel, learning is fun.

• @Radi said:
    Use Directadmin/InterWorx/ISPConfig/Webmin/Any other panel, learning is fun.

I am with interworx from last 7 years, even though I don't like their file manager, it is the simplest and well organized control panel ever. As a web developer i developed a new theme that looks interworx even better.

License kart offering it at $23 per month.

• OldmanaskingOldmanasking Member
    edited August 2019

@b747fp said:
    If you can't afford $45 then you're not doing something right. Also if you can't afford admins, God help whoever hosts with you.

Apart from a few guys most are my own sites

• Check Centos web panel, it may meet your needs.

• if you just want filemanager then try the alternatives (directadmin, ispmanager, interworx, etc... ). Maybe try to reply here what you need in a control panel and others can make suggestions base on your control panel needs.

• TestermadridTestermadrid Member
    edited June 2020

Its a disgrace. I can buy metal from OVH for 9 dollars a month dedicated box running centos. 4gb ram good cpu. the cheapest of the cheap for testing but cpanel charge 45 dollars for metal. Ive been using Cpanel since Oxley made it famous with Hostgator. Its a friggin disgrace. Who ever bought Cpanel, Bought it to close it down. Must be Gates behind the scenes. Cpanel has been murdered by this pricing policy making it Out of Action for any small startup. I am Disgusted

• AC_FanAC_Fan Member

@Testermadrid said:
    Its a disgrace. I can buy metal from OVH for 9 dollars a month dedicated box running centos. 4gb ram good cpu. the cheapest of the cheap for testing but cpanel charge 45 dollars for metal. Ive been using Cpanel since Oxley made it famous with Hostgator. Its a friggin disgrace. Who ever bought Cpanel, Bought it to close it down. Must be Gates behind the scenes. Cpanel has been murdered by this pricing policy making it Out of Action for any small startup. I am Disgusted

Necromancy is prohibited.

Thanked by 1lentro
  • letboxletbox Member, Patron Provider

DirectAdmin doing same job not all but it kind of it. Including fair priced. They doing good work lately so there is more improvement will be considered soon.

Regards

• LittleCreekLittleCreek Member, Patron Provider

Cpanel's price has always been much higher than DirectAdmin.

• XsltelXsltel Member, Host Rep

how many sites are we talking about ?
    if you like cpanel so much !!
    why not install proxmox on your dedi, create a VM and get a Cloud based license ?

• Hello,

No one is forced to pay for a control panel. There are plenty of alternative solutions.

Now, if a non-free control panels, saves you time, by being easier, or having more features than others, it's up to you to see if it's worth the money.

• Tony40Tony40 Member

Get KeyHelp, is free and got all you need and more.

https://www.keyhelp.de/en/

• HostSlickHostSlick Member, Patron Provider

No. It just don't make sense to use cpanel. Especially for private persons with just a few websites :tongue:

Almost anyone including me can give you cheap or even free DA :smile: