Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How is buyshared reseller hosting?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How is buyshared reseller hosting?

Greeting LET members. I came to know about buyshared on LET. Their reseller plans are very attractive. But how is the performance?
Support is definitely not good because I have contacted them 5 times till now by different means of contacting present on their website. None of the were answered or replied. Or is there any other way to contact which they might forget to list on their website?

Thank you.

Thanked by 1alicom13

Comments

• They have pretty good resource limits (LVE limits) and ofc the super pony @Francisco :)

Check my signature to directly compare their LVE limits to other providers.

• AliHasan said: Support is definitely not good because I have contacted them 5 times till now by different means of contacting present on their website. None of the were answered or replied. Or is there any other way to contact which they might forget to list on their website?

Support is very good, for clients. Are you a client or did you open a pre-sales question? If the latter, I suppose that they work office hours for sales tickets. For technical support, they answer in a couple of hours maximum, most of the times.
    As of performance, it depends on what expectations you have. If you try to put 1000 clients on a $2/m plan, it will simply won't work. They have certain performance limits and they are generous.
    On a CPanel plan, there are limits on clients and extra fee because of the recent CPanel price structure. On DirectAdmin plans (they are awesome), there is no limits in the end clients.
    The load limits are these:
    On the cPanel plans, sub accounts have 1GB memory and 200,000 inodes.
    On DirectAdmin these are the limits:

• Reseller 20GB: 1GB RAM, 250,000 files per sub account
    • Reseller 50GB: 1.5GB RAM, 400,000 files per sub account
    • Reseller 125GB: 2GB RAM, unlimited files per sub account
  • 🐐

Thanked by 3BlaZe Francisco ITLabs
  • every hosting will have some kind of issue but at buyvm and buyshared fran is always online to solve thoes issue

• jvnadr said: Reseller 20GB: 1GB RAM, 250,000 files per sub account

Reseller 50GB: 1.5GB RAM, 400,000 files per sub account
    Reseller 125GB: 2GB RAM, unlimited files per sub account

is CPU allocation still 1 CPU (100%) only per account for all above plans? Or has it been bumped unlike the other providers @Ympker listed?? Many a time while taking Wordpress backups lots of CPU is utilized. So I was preferably looking 1.5 CPU allocation plans!

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@JasonM said:

jvnadr said: Reseller 20GB: 1GB RAM, 250,000 files per sub account

Reseller 50GB: 1.5GB RAM, 400,000 files per sub account
    Reseller 125GB: 2GB RAM, unlimited files per sub account

is CPU allocation still 1 CPU (100%) only per account for all above plans? Or has it been bumped unlike the other providers @Ympker listed?? Many a time while taking Wordpress backups lots of CPU is utilized. So I was preferably looking 1.5 CPU allocation plans!

It is.

That might change in the future if we revamp'd the plans, but that revamp would come at a premium.

Francisco

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • DreamCasterDreamCaster Member
    edited August 2019

Back when I was a reseller with them, I had one 125G at Vegas and it was working stable and providing good value for the money. I am no more in the business as a provider but their Luxembourg user as a blogger and their services are pretty good. Will try to get a DA package from them to test those services out.

• XiNiXXiNiX Member, Host Rep
    edited August 2019

They are one of the best. :) And a "Top Provider" at LET.

• Good support, good service but on DA servers it is unlikely to back up on wordpress with updraftplus :(

@cimaserver said:
    Good support, good service but on DA servers it is unlikely to back up on wordpress with updraftplus :(

What issue are you having with updraftplus?

Francisco

• I found that updraftplus will hammer CPU and IO. I encourage account backups (cPanel or DA) over WP plugin backups. You can upload to your preferred location then.

• What does backing up WP actually do, if WP serves content from a mysql that's separate from the WP installation? How about just making sure the mysql is replicated to a mirror, and saving the binlogs? Then it's always possible to restore to any point in time.

Thanked by 1Daniel15
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited August 2019

@Francisco runs a very solid operation. His service is pretty damn good for the few bucks you pay. You get more than with any other provider in the market.

As for support, its weekend mate, they need to rest too and they probably dont answer sales tickets in the weekend. Some providers dont even reply to the support tickets if its not urgent.

Good luck, and hopefully you sign up with them!

Thanked by 1ITLabs
    edited August 2019

Will have Luxembourg resellers up in a few hours, just need to finish configuring it in billing.

We'll look at doing an NY node as well, just need to judge interest.

Francisco

Thanked by 2Foul MichaelCee
  • @Francisco If you get your DA reseller setup in LU are you going to run that 2 months free promo?

@Scott15 said:
    @Francisco If you get your DA reseller setup in LU are you going to run that 2 months free promo?

Went live a couple hours ago.

The code also works :)

Francisco

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @Francisco Nice, thanks for replying.

@Scott15 said:
    @Francisco Nice, thanks for replying.

Thanks for the interest!

Francisco

Thanked by 1Scott15
  • Thank you everyone. I am new on LET so I am bit confused how to use it.

Yes my questions were pre-sale. I've asked 4-5 times because I've issues with payment methods. Didn't get reply to any of them. My concern is that they require same name on account as it is on payment method. Unfortunately I've to use my friend's PayPal account and they didn't accept this behavior :(

• DreamCasterDreamCaster Member
    edited August 2019

AliHasan said: Thank you everyone. I am new on LET so I am bit confused how to use it. Yes my questions were pre-sale. I've asked 4-5 times because I've issues with payment methods. Didn't get reply to any of them. My concern is that they require same name on account as it is on payment method. Unfortunately I've to use my friend's PayPal account and they didn't accept this behavior

Oh yeah. That is a question you should have asked before. Karen and BuyVM/BuyShared is very strict on fighting fraud. May be you can re-order with a payment gadget of yours and tell them of the issue. The thing with BuyShared is, they have industry setting prices and technical knowledge of Fran & his support team. Hard to go wrong with them.

• @DreamCaster said:

AliHasan said: Thank you everyone. I am new on LET so I am bit confused how to use it. Yes my questions were pre-sale. I've asked 4-5 times because I've issues with payment methods. Didn't get reply to any of them. My concern is that they require same name on account as it is on payment method. Unfortunately I've to use my friend's PayPal account and they didn't accept this behavior

Oh yeah. That is a question you should have asked before. Karen and BuyVM/BuyShared is very strict on fighting fraud. May be you can re-order with a payment gadget of yours and tell them of the issue. The thing with BuyShared is, they have industry setting prices and technical knowledge of Fran & his support team. Hard to go wrong with them.

Thank you. ♥

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

The only option would be to pay with crypto because there's no chance of chargeback, so the fraud checks aren't as strict as they are with CC/Paypal. But if you pay with crypto you always have to pay that way, they won't switch you back to another payment method.

• @jvnadr said:

AliHasan said: Support is definitely not good because I have contacted them 5 times till now by different means of contacting present on their website. None of the were answered or replied. Or is there any other way to contact which they might forget to list on their website?

Support is very good, for clients. Are you a client or did you open a pre-sales question? If the latter, I suppose that they work office hours for sales tickets. For technical support, they answer in a couple of hours maximum, most of the times.
    As of performance, it depends on what expectations you have. If you try to put 1000 clients on a $2/m plan, it will simply won't work. They have certain performance limits and they are generous.
    On a CPanel plan, there are limits on clients and extra fee because of the recent CPanel price structure. On DirectAdmin plans (they are awesome), there is no limits in the end clients.
    The load limits are these:
    On the cPanel plans, sub accounts have 1GB memory and 200,000 inodes.
    On DirectAdmin these are the limits:

• Reseller 20GB: 1GB RAM, 250,000 files per sub account
    • Reseller 50GB: 1.5GB RAM, 400,000 files per sub account
    • Reseller 125GB: 2GB RAM, unlimited files per sub account

I'll host at most 15 WordPress sites on $2 plan. I guess it'll handle then easily 🤔