Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DirectAdmin is slower than plesk?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

DirectAdmin is slower than plesk?

Well fair to cpanel price increase we testing directadmin, to migrate some of the lowend users, in the test i have done, i have tried Plesk, and install fresh wordpress + astra theme with demo import, with not cache plugin, plesk loading home page for 1.4 sec without browser cache, and then same test with Directadmin with apache_nginx and load time were 2.2 sec on the same server, and i cant get it plesk even should be heaver than directadmin but still faster on 0.8 seconds? its really a big different, any tips?

Comments

• @Advicerxyz said:
    Well fair to cpanel price increase we testing directadmin, to migrate some of the lowend users, in the test i have done, i have tried Plesk, and install fresh wordpress + astra theme with demo import, with not cache plugin, plesk loading home page for 1.4 sec without browser cache, and then same test with Directadmin with apache_nginx and load time were 2.2 sec on the same server, and i cant get it plesk even should be heaver than directadmin but still faster on 0.8 seconds? its really a big different, any tips?

• Enabled opcache?

• Which php versions are you using (plesk vs da)? And which mode? (Fpm, fcgi, su, ls, etc)

• Is it the same server on the same hardware or differs?

I recommend to just use apache+ php fpm 7.3 + opcache, and MySQL 5.7 performance wise with DA

• @FoxelVox said:

@Advicerxyz said:

• Enabled opcache?

• Which php versions are you using (plesk vs da)? And which mode? (Fpm, fcgi, su, ls, etc)

I recommend to just use apache+ php fpm 7.3 + opcache, and MySQL 5.7 performance wise with DA

opcache enabled on both
    PHP 7.2, DA - Mod_PHP in plesk PHPFPM there is no modphp
    same server just reinstall os and installing the panels

• @Advicerxyz said:

@FoxelVox said:

@Advicerxyz said:

• Enabled opcache?

opcache enabled on both
    PHP 7.2, DA - Mod_PHP in plesk PHPFPM there is no modphp
    same server just reinstall os and installing the panels

Weird, try playing around with fpm OR fcgi + apache2 only. Also check opcache with https://github.com/rlerdorf/opcache-status/blob/master/opcache.php

• No litespeed?

• Install Open Lite Speed on DA

Thanked by 1emgh
  • eva2000eva2000 Veteran

Advicerxyz said: Well fair to cpanel price increase we testing directadmin, to migrate some of the lowend users, in the test i have done, i have tried Plesk, and install fresh wordpress + astra theme with demo import, with not cache plugin, plesk loading home page for 1.4 sec without browser cache, and then same test with Directadmin with apache_nginx and load time were 2.2 sec on the same server, and i cant get it plesk even should be heaver than directadmin but still faster on 0.8 seconds? its really a big different, any tips?

how are you testing page load speed ? use webpagetest.org for better control over test parameters/factors. I wrote a guide on using WPT at https://community.centminmod.com/threads/how-to-use-webpagetest-org-for-page-load-speed-testing.13859/ HTH.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

OpenLiteSpeed will help. Give it a try.

Thanked by 1emgh
  • LeviLevi Member
    edited July 2019

Control panel does not have any relation to web server and web page serving speed. You need properly adjust your server to achieve desired results.

Directadmin written in C++ and it is fastest that i've seen among all commercial control panels.

I compare to cpanel - perl abomination it is insanely faster. I dont know plesk's codebase.

Try nginx, littespeed, memchached or varnish cache. ALWAYS go with latest php version.

Thanked by 1poisson
  • icezicez Member
    edited July 2019

plesk seems to use a heavily patched PHP as their engine with nginx as a web server.

can you also try using php-fpm on plesk to see if the page slow down? mod php should have lower latency as the web server doesn't need to connect to another process and can process the php file directly so,it should be faster for single use. but it doesn't scale well enough.