Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

AlphaRacks Officially closing doors. Out of business - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

AlphaRacks Officially closing doors. Out of business

Comments

• uptimeuptime Member

riding a stallion?

FranTech is everywhere.

It's the air we breathe.

• ITLabsITLabs Member

@donb said:
    My server (originally purchased under HostMyBytes) at UK (ISP: Hydra Communications Ltd, Organization: FranTech Solutions) was running fine till yesterday! And now boom, its gone.

??? @Francisco

• HurleyHurley Member

tetech said: How does FranTech enter the picture there?

It's easy to enter the picture.

• FoulFoul Member
    edited June 2019

donb said: My server (originally purchased under HostMyBytes) at UK (ISP: Hydra Communications Ltd, Organization: FranTech Solutions) was running fine till yesterday! And now boom, its gone.

Frantech isn't Hydra Communications LTD... Nor did AR ever have a LV presence lol

• @AnthonySmith said:
    Over 10 years?.... erm, what?

I kept reading that and thinking the same thing.

Whois shows their domain (alpharacks.com) was registered in 2013:

Created on 2013-07-14
    Expires on 2020-07-14
    Updated on 2018-01-24

I'm not a math professor, but that doesn't look like 10 years to me.

Thanked by 1MichaelCee
  • AmitzAmitz Member

But it could have been ten years. It‘s the age of stupid, who cares for science and that thing called math....

Thanked by 1switsys
  • @Amitz said:
    But it could have been ten years. It‘s the age of stupid, who cares for science and that thing called math....

AKA Millennial math

Thanked by 2Amitz AlwaysSkint
  • captainwasabicaptainwasabi Member
    edited June 2019

The end is nigh.

Am I doing this right?

• Poor @radi. May the power nap be with you.

• @HostMantis said:

@AnthonySmith said:
    Over 10 years?.... erm, what?

I kept reading that and thinking the same thing.

Whois shows their domain (alpharacks.com) was registered in 2013:

Created on 2013-07-14
    Expires on 2020-07-14
    Updated on 2018-01-24

I'm not a math professor, but that doesn't look like 10 years to me.

Likely one of their "acquisitions" has an earlier EST date and they think that counts as "theirs" from the start.

Regardless, this is a fucking shit show.

Thanked by 1HostMantis
  • lonealonea Member, Host Rep

LOL, don't see why people are giving credit to virmach

They are getting free clients for nothing.

The best part is they can just close their affiliate account before their payout.

Scam on top of scam

• donbdonb Member
    edited June 2019

@tetech said:

@donb said:
    My server (originally purchased under HostMyBytes) at UK (ISP: Hydra Communications Ltd, Organization: FranTech Solutions) was running fine till yesterday! And now boom, its gone.

I had like 8 more months of paid usage left. I had paid via Paypal and looks like Alpharacks guys kept my server active till the chargeback period is crossed!

How does FranTech enter the picture there?

@ITLabs

They (HostMyBytes) probably rented their servers. The IP info shows Frantech as the Organisation.

Could be they're a different Frantech altogether.

Thanked by 1ITLabs
  • poissonpoisson Member
    edited June 2019

Virmach can tell us with some certainty in a couple of weeks if AR really had 30k customers

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

@lonea said:
    LOL, don't see why people are giving credit to virmach

They are getting free clients for nothing.

For nothing? They're giving away free services that match the specs of AR customers who lost everything (duration of unused service, account credit, data, etc.). Clients are under no obligation to pay VirMach anything if they wish to cancel before the next due date. And if you think they're making any profit at AR prices, you're sorely mistaken.

MasonR said: For nothing? They're giving away free services that match the specs of AR customers who lost everything (duration of unused service, account credit, data, etc.). Clients are under no obligation to pay VirMach anything if they wish to cancel before the next due date. And if you think they're making any profit at AR prices, you're sorely mistaken.

Customer acquisition is the most expensive when it comes to a business.
    Giving "free" service cost them literally nothing on existing servers. Especially if they are shared hosting.

Seems like you've been swindled by their "pr" as well.

• @Mic-hael said:
    Likely one of their "acquisitions" has an earlier EST date and they think that counts as "theirs" from the start.

Yup, saw that with an American firm that I once worked for: scam! :-|

@lonea said:

MasonR said: For nothing? They're giving away free services that match the specs of AR customers who lost everything (duration of unused service, account credit, data, etc.). Clients are under no obligation to pay VirMach anything if they wish to cancel before the next due date. And if you think they're making any profit at AR prices, you're sorely mistaken.

Customer acquisition is the most expensive when it comes to a business.
    Giving "free" service cost them literally nothing on existing servers. Especially if they are shared hosting.

Seems like you've been swindled by their "pr" as well.

"Literally nothing"? I'm beginning to question how you have a provider tag.

There's the cost of IPs. There's the cost of support (even though it's limited). There's the cost of time to sort through all the requests VirMach will get that needs to be sorted, verified, and provisioned.

Just because they have a lot of resources that can handle an influx of new users, doesn't mean there's no cost involved. This is a good will gesture to the Low End community. Does VirMach hope to gain some paying customers in the end? Sure. Will VirMach earn some well-deserved PR from this? Sure. But calling a generous provider that's been a part of the LowEnd community and has a reputation of going out of their way to the benefit the community a scam just proves you to be a cynical and jealous person.

Maybe once you join the big boys and do more than just shared hosing you'll understand. But then again... maybe not.

I got my provider tag because I know how a hosting business is run.

All the things you've mentioned is literally nothing compare to advertisement hosting provider run on Google.

You know how much it cost for hosting in Google Adwords is?....

MasonR said: "Literally nothing"? I'm beginning to question how you have a provider tag.

There's the cost of IPs. There's the cost of support (even though it's limited). There's the cost of time to sort through all the requests VirMach will get that needs to be sorted, verified, and provisioned.

Just because they have a lot of resources that can handle an influx of new users, doesn't mean there's no cost involved. This is a good will gesture to the Low End community. Does VirMach hope to gain some paying customers in the end? Sure. Will VirMach earn some well-deserved PR from this? Sure. But calling a generous provider that's been a part of the LowEnd community and has a reputation of going out of their way to the benefit the community a scam just proves you to be a cynical and jealous person.

Maybe once you join the big boys and do more than just shared hosing you'll understand. But then again... maybe not.

lonea said: I got my provider tag because I know how a hosting business is run.

lonea said: Google Adwords

Apparently you don't.

• AmitzAmitz Member

I predict a maximum of 7 days until Adam Ng has founded a new company and the games continue.

CSB... yes you know everything !

MasonR said: Apparently you don't.

• Do they keep the shared clients or all shut down?

@lonea said:
    CSB... yes you know everything !

MasonR said: Apparently you don't.

All good. I'll continue building my VirMach shrine. I'll let you know when it's complete so you can come and pay tribute.

• FoulFoul Member

lonea said: I got my provider tag because I know how a hosting business is run.

This should be the most dumbest 2019 award of LET.

So many morons on here get Providers tag for no reason and don't know anything about hosting.

And... you are one of them!

Cheers!

Foul said: So many morons on here get Providers tag for no reason and don't know anything about hosting.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@ITLabs said:

@donb said:

??? @Francisco

AR leased IP addresses from us and many other providers.

Francisco

Thanked by 3ITLabs Daniel15 uptime
  • imokimok Member

:neutral:

• Honestly, if it's such a great move (business wise), why not do it yourself or have more other providers do the same?

In fact, you could (possibly) say you'd offer free matched service to all LET members who has any competitors' service + price match. I'm sure you'd acquire many customers.

@caracal said:
    Honestly, if it's such a great move (business wise), why not do it yourself or have more other providers do the same?

In fact, you could (possibly) say you'd offer free matched service to all LET members who has any competitors' service + price match. I'm sure you'd acquire many customers.

+1. Go for it @lonea! It'd cost you "literally nothing", after all ;)

• KrisKris Member

What an idiot. He's too busy setting up dank Google Adwords campaigns (burning money)