Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

AlphaRacks Officially closing doors. Out of business - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

AlphaRacks Officially closing doors. Out of business

Comments

• sanvitsanvit Member

@ashvagan said:

@sanvit said:

@ashvagan said:
    So what do I do if I only had my money in their credits (as they wouldn't refund the money back to me)? No possible way to reclaim that?

If you paied via PayPal or creit card in the last 6 months (or 45 days, not sure which one) you can do a chargeback via them. Not sure with Chinese payment methods (AliPay, etc.). You're screwed if you paied via crypto

Paid via credit card. So I connect with the credit company for a refund?

Contact your credit card's customer support and tell them your problem and request to issue a chargeback through Visa or MasterCard.

• donlidonli Member

@ashvagan said:

@sanvit said:

@ashvagan said:
    So what do I do if I only had my money in their credits (as they wouldn't refund the money back to me)? No possible way to reclaim that?

If you paied via PayPal or creit card in the last 6 months (or 45 days, not sure which one) you can do a chargeback via them. Not sure with Chinese payment methods (AliPay, etc.). You're screwed if you paied via crypto

Paid via credit card. So I connect with the credit company for a refund?

Yes. Do so as soon as possible. Make them aware that the company has declared that they are out of business and never delivered the service you bought from them.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@Foul said:

MikePT said: Thank you for letting us know. You make me feel really proud. Kuddos for what you are willing to do for their customers.

Don't you work for VirMach? Lol

Used to! :)

• I'm going to permanently boycott any hosts providing Alpharacks owners with affiliate money. Time to process some cancellations!.

• @JoeMerit said:
    I'm going to permanently boycott any hosts providing Alpharacks owners with affiliate money. Time to process some cancellations!.

But you will lose your premium 16 CORES

• angstromangstrom Moderator
    edited June 2019

"[...] and apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused."

LOL

Also: just ignore any of the affiliate links that AlphaRacks sent. Do your own research.

• AmitzAmitz Member

Wow! That was completely unexpected!

Thanked by 2AnthonySmith switsys
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Over 10 years?.... erm, what?

Thanked by 3Amitz MichaelCee lazyt
  • HybridHybrid Member

I write this comment with a sad tear in my eye. I'm gonna miss alpharacks, the most stable cost effective servers I've ever used. I never had any problem with their downtime and they never charged me years after I cancelled all my servers.

• @Hybrid said:
    I write this comment with a sad tear in my eye. I'm gonna miss alpharacks, the most stable cost effective servers I've ever used. I never had any problem with their downtime and they never charged me years after I cancelled all my servers.

Lol, is now a good time to mention the wins we've had?

I had a lot of services with them that continued to work after being cancelled through whmcs..

• trewq said: sanvit said: Why was this thread closed?

Figured this one was more fitting so people are actually aware that AR has actually closed and not have to read through 21 pages. Happy to go the other way and merge this one into the original AR thread if that's the popular opinion.

Good form to also link to this thread with the last messagE?

Thanked by 1pepa65

@dahartigan said:

@Hybrid said:

I had a lot of services with them that continued to work after being cancelled through whmcs..

I finally closed the NL Xen service yesterday, it had been running since 2011, I found about 30 VPS that have been enjoying free service since about 2013 haha.

WHMCS got a slow clap.

• HostryHostry Member, Patron Provider
    edited June 2019

I want to step out of this wave of negativity and thank AR for a great experience throughout the 2.5 years I have used AlphaRacks back in 2015. As of today, we (Hostry team) successfully run our own hosting, but wanted to take the time to thank/acknowledge AR publicly for their time, efforts and excellent service throughout the past couple years and for taking good care of my personal website hosting needs!

Been a pleasure to compete!

Good luck to the team members.

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@Hostry said:
    Been a pleasure to compete!

Good luck to the team members.

Good luck with your provider tag.

• @AnthonySmith said:

@dahartigan said:

@Hybrid said:

I finally closed the NL Xen service yesterday, it had been running since 2011, I found about 30 VPS that have been enjoying free service since about 2013 haha.

WHMCS got a slow clap.

Lol, Inception Hosting - providing free VPS since 2013 :P

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • About time, after unsubscribing , this email was a godsend. Hopefully they don't try to make another company. Betaracks gamaracks

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider
    edited June 2019

Foul said: You were swindled. They did not issue a single damn refund to anybody at all.

Still don't get why you're going to allow them to make money off your sales.

I can't disclose how much money an affiliate is making, but I would imagine not many people if any at all would sign up from an e-mail like that. Let's just say I wouldn't worry about it too much? We just don't believe it would set a good precedent if we close an affiliate account for arbitrary reasons outside of terms of service. Once again, if anyone did receive this link in an unsolicited e-mail you can forward the evidence and we can take a look and make a different decision if necessary.

@sanvit said:
    @VirMach if you offer similar pricings for similar specs (or any specs actually), I'll be all in ;)

I meant to respond to you sooner on the other thread, but it was locked and I lost track of time. Anyone who is hosted with them, if you can send me a private message with (1) a copy of your paid invoice/receipt showing price and duration, (2) a copy of the payment showing the status is successful, (3) exact description of the specifications, virtualization type, and location they provided, (4) your registered VirMach account email, and (5) a link to the original package you purchased (if it's a special offer, link to the promo page.) I can generate the remaining duration of the service you would have had with them for free and have it recur at the same pricing.

We'll try our best to honor all of these but let's put some fine print:

• All packages generated will be a "SPECIAL" package with limited support.
    • VPS and Shared Hosting packages only -- no dedicated servers, sorry, we're low on stock.
    • Contact us by Monday, June 17th, 2019, 5PM, US pacific time.
    • Limit one per customer. While supplies last (whatever can be physically processed by the date above.)
    • No services with them that are past annual term will be honored.
    • Specifications may be modified to fit more in line with our plans/nodes; if you end up being dissatisfied with them you can just cancel the service.
    • If the location you want is not available and you do not provide any secondary preference (or that's not available either), you'll probably get whatever's closest or we may elect to cancel the order.
    • You have to have been an LET member as of at least May 2019 (sorry but I don't think we can handle anything outside of this community.)
    • We can't honor anything that's "free" pricing or extra unsustainable (we can basically reject anything at our discretion but I don't think we'll have any problems based on their pricing/sales.)
    • Please read and abide by our terms and AUP: https://virmach.com/terms-conditions
    • Did I forget anything that I'll regret?

Anyone not following requirements above specifically will be rejected; I'm very sorry but we can't have back and forth messages. We cannot provide responses to your private message, confirm anything, or provide any timeframes or guarantees.

I hope this helps some people out.

• donlidonli Member

@VirMach said:

Yes.

Thanked by 1lazyt
  • HurleyHurley Member

@VirMach You're absolutely insane.

• mrTommrTom Member

They just say AR is "closing it doors" - but there's no mention of "filing for bankruptcy". This means they still owe their customers services or refunds.

Thanked by 1pepa65
  • FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@VirMach said:

I hope this helps some people out.

Now I regret for not falling into AlphaRacks trap.

@mrTom said:
    They just say AR is "closing it doors" - but there's no mention of "filing for bankruptcy". This means they still owe their customers services or refunds.

I have absolutely no doubt that a stand up company like that will absolutely follow the rules.. no doubt!

• This thread is basically a virmach shill.

(You're insane, good on you mate!)

• add_iTadd_iT Member

Any refuges offer then?

• virmach will need 10s of thousands of available IPs for this!

• donlidonli Member

@JoeMerit said:
    virmach will need 10s of thousands of available IPs for this!

I'm guessing closer to 10.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • @jar any good deal from quickpacket :smiley:

Thanked by 2jar MichaelCee
  • ITLabsITLabs Member

@donli said:

@JoeMerit said:
    virmach will need 10s of thousands of available IPs for this!

I'm guessing closer to 10.

Precisely 7

• donbdonb Member
    edited June 2019

My server (originally purchased under HostMyBytes) at UK (ISP: Hydra Communications Ltd, Organization: FranTech Solutions) was running fine till yesterday! And now boom, its gone.

I had like 8 more months of paid usage left. I had paid via Paypal and looks like Alpharacks guys kept my server active till the chargeback period is crossed!

• tetechtetech Member

@donb said:
    My server (originally purchased under HostMyBytes) at UK (ISP: Hydra Communications Ltd, Organization: FranTech Solutions) was running fine till yesterday! And now boom, its gone.

I had like 8 more months of paid usage left. I had paid via Paypal and looks like Alpharacks guys kept my server active till the chargeback period is crossed!

How does FranTech enter the picture there?

Thanked by 1uptime