Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

AlphaRacks Officially closing doors. Out of business
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

AlphaRacks Officially closing doors. Out of business

Comments

• Great news! I just hope none of their clients lost any data in this mess.

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

Can anyone forward me the headers(source) of this email?

• ITLabsITLabs Member
    edited June 2019

Let the inheritance battle begin!

Thanked by 2vimalware taubin
  • @Radi said:
    Can anyone forward me the headers(source) of this email?

If this hasn't been done yet, PM me your email and I'll forward it to you.

• So I can finally remove my gmail filter that automatically forwards their clickbatey spam to their support email address...excellent

• donlidonli Member

The statement is now on their official twitter and facebook accounts...

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

donli said: Time for @radi (Dr. Server) and @VirMach to disclaim all knowledge/involvement.

MasonR said: @Radi @drserver @VirMach cancel these scumbags' affiliate accounts. They don't need to profit any further from their ineptitude.

@Foul said:

MasonR said: @Radi @drserver @VirMach cancel these scumbags' affiliate accounts. They don't need to profit any further from their ineptitude.

I second this @radi @drserver @virmach

Why support these fools still..?

After reading that e-mail, it definitely doesn't seem to be how they portrayed the situation to us. I'd like to clear a few things up; we were under the impression that they would be refunding people's full length of remaining services and attempting to recoup the cost with affiliate links and we were also the impression that they would disclose this better in some way.

• We didn't reach out to them, they reached out to us.
    • We offered additional discounts to customers and wanted to actually have more of a proper "switch" over than just linking a generic affiliate link.
    • We were told that refunds were being issued and they were making it "right" with customers.
    • They never portrayed it as a "transfer agreement" if they did we would definitely step in further to make sure everything was handled properly.
    • We never offered to "credits" to AlphaRacks customer directly, we did offer a discount/promotion for their customers which they didn't take.

This was the main part of the message we sent to them regarding the situation:

As for effectively sending customers over, I'd like to possibly discuss some numbers. Do you have a report on what type of packages and in which location(s) you have the most customers in? Are you compensating customers in any way for the remaining duration of their service and did you want to discuss any type of promotion with us to help customers switch over?

We were just attempting to be helpful in the matter, to try to make sure customers got similar services in similar location(s) for similar pricing, taking into account what they already paid. We were told that they were recouping customers and rectifying any issues on their end.

To be fair to our affiliates and affiliate system, unless there is some spam, major deception, or self-referrals, we can't just close down someone's affiliate account. If anyone did not sign up for e-mails similar to the one sent that linked the affiliate URL, please contact us and we can see if it falls in line with our affiliate rules against spam. Otherwise, even though it's less than ideal how they handled the entire "transfer agreement" (once again we didn't have any specific agreement like this although we tried to make it more smooth for everyone and not just an affiliate transaction) I don't think we can really take any action in this specific situation regarding to our affiliate program guidelines. If anyone did sign up using the affiliate link under these possible false impressions contact us so we can check that as well. I would recommend no one sign up if you weren't first compensated for the remaining duration of your your plan as they seemed to communicate to us. I hope that was a good explanation; let me know if you have questions. We're open to hearing further opinions and feedback on the matter.

• Side stepping around what really happened

• This is the last dying twitch of alpharacks guys

Thanked by 1reikuzan
  • So do they have enough money to refund clients...

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited June 2019

@JerryHou said:
    So do they have enough money to refund clients...

The affiliate links might be useful for that. (genuinely)

• level6level6 Member

Final death rattle.

Rest IP :(

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

sanvit said: Why was this thread closed?

Figured this one was more fitting so people are actually aware that AR has actually closed and not have to read through 21 pages. Happy to go the other way and merge this one into the original AR thread if that's the popular opinion.

• ChuckChuck Member

@JerryHou said:
    So do they have enough money to refund clients...

They didn't refund shit. YOu need to contact paypal for that.

• Can we get VirMach's explanation in the other thread into this one asap so that people are aware of the way AR is actually indirectly sliming the reputation of other clean hosts with a seemingly above-board email?

Thanked by 1mrTom
  • willKwillK Member

My vps at nfp is still running...I wonder for how long :(

Thanked by 1boomer
  • trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@VirMach I've moved your post to this thread so it's seen by more people.

@poisson said:
    Can we get VirMach's explanation in the other thread into this one asap so that people are aware of the way AR is actually indirectly sliming the reputation of other clean hosts with a seemingly above-board email?

Sorted

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited June 2019

Well I guess it's time to get over VPS and finally go dedicated, right? Right?

Sorry I'll see my way to the offer forum. I can shamelessly market there :tongue:

Thanked by 2Ympker lazyt

@jar said:
    Well I guess it's time to get over VPS and finally go dedicated, right? Right?

Sorry I'll see my way to the offer forum. I can shamelessly market there :tongue:

$7 Atom sir?

Thanked by 2jar poisson

MikeA said: $7 Atom sir?

Where!?

:lol:

@jar said:

MikeA said: $7 Atom sir?

Where!?

:lol:

OH NO, I meant you are going to offer it!

Thanked by 1jar
    edited June 2019

MikeA said: OH NO, I meant you are going to offer it!

You first!

• @trewq said:

sanvit said: Why was this thread closed?

Figured this one was more fitting so people are actually aware that AR has actually closed and not have to read through 21 pages. Happy to go the other way and merge this one into the original AR thread if that's the popular opinion.

Leave both open IMO and maybe sticky this one like the Hiformance mess.
    The other thread discusses more than just alpharacks closing.

Thanked by 1pepa65
  • donlidonli Member
    edited June 2019

@willK said:

Until the year they paid for is up, or something goes wrong and there's no one around to fix it - whichever comes first. Use it as an additional backup of your replacement in the mean time.

Is that at ColoCrossing ?

Thanked by 1willK
  • EHRAEHRA Member

donli said: Use it as an additional backup of your replacement in the mean time.

Backups are important, they must be in decent providers.

• level6level6 Member

@VirMach said:

donli said: Time for @radi (Dr. Server) and @VirMach to disclaim all knowledge/involvement.

@Foul said:

I second this @radi @drserver @virmach

Why support these fools still..?

After reading that e-mail, it definitely doesn't seem to be how they portrayed the situation to us. I'd like to clear a few things up; we were under the impression that they would be refunding people's full length of remaining services and attempting to recoup the cost with affiliate links and we were also the impression that they would disclose this better in some way.

I don't understand why a reputable host would want to attract such price sensitive customers.

• willKwillK Member

@donli said:

@willK said:

Until the year they paid for is up, or something goes wrong and there's no one around to fix it - whichever comes first. Use it as an additional backup of your replacement in the mean time.

Is that at ColoCrossing ?

I'm afraid so