Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subscribe to our newsletter

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com

Latest LowEndBox Offers

    Popcorn time! Dustin + AdamNG run AlphaRacks and were fired from QN. [Backup your data if possible!]
    New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

    Popcorn time! Dustin + AdamNG run AlphaRacks and were fired from QN. [Backup your data if possible!]

    Host4GeeksHost4Geeks Member
    edited May 17 in General

    Please take this with a grain of salt. This is unverified at this moment. This thread is for your entertainment only.

    AphaRacks LA has been down for over 6 hours -

    As per this WHT thread - http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1765051 it is because apparently, QuadraNet found out that AlphaRacks was owned by Dustin and Adam from Quadranet and that both have been fired.

    The person claims to be an ex-Quadranet employee. Going by the name I do know someone who did indeed used to work for QN.

    It's the internet, take everything with a grain of salt.

    «13456721

    Comments

    • Update: Does indeed seem to be true.

      Kushal,

      Dustin is no longer with Quadranet.

      From a current staff in the NOC at LA, via their helpdesk.

    • TionTion Member

      Please explain this to a 5 year old.

      Thanked by 1iloveasia

      End of line.

    • tetechtetech Member
      edited May 17

      @Tion said:
      Please explain this to a 5 year old.

      Don't do naughty things or daddy will spank you.

    • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Top Provider

      If this is true, looking like it is now then they also ran the w00thosting bullshit scam as well I guess.

      Nice, they literally took the CVPS Chris template from 2011-2015 and ran with it.

      iirc around 2011/12 Dustin also ran a huge pump and dump operation to mass IP's that did not end well which he sold to QN and that is how he got to QN in the first place.

      Thanked by 1netomx
    • Host4GeeksHost4Geeks Member
      edited May 17

      If this is true, looking like it is now then they also ran the w00thosting bullshit scam as well I > guess.

      Does seem like true confirmed through multiple official sources, quite unfortunate. He always came out as a wonderful guy.

      @AnthonySmith said:
      iirc around 2011/12 Dustin also ran a huge pump and dump operation to mass IP's that did not end well which he sold to QN and that is how he got to QN in the first place.

      The first company he ran was called SemoWeb. It was sold to Root Level Technologies. There was an IP buyout with Crissic I believe.

    • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Top Provider

      Host4Geeks said: The first company he ran was called SemoWeb. It was sold to Root Level Technologies. There was an IP buyout with Crissic I believe.

      that's right, I mixed up 2 things, however there was something not so savory about SemoWeb iirc.

    • teamaccteamacc Member

      @AnthonySmith said:
      If this is true, looking like it is now then they also ran the w00thosting bullshit scam as well I guess.

      Nice, they literally took the CVPS Chris template from 2011-2015 and ran with it.

      iirc around 2011/12 Dustin also ran a huge pump and dump operation to mass IP's that did not end well which he sold to QN and that is how he got to QN in the first place.

      Except that these guys were fired for it.

      I like my uptime down low and my servers all hacked. Can see me droppin' twenty-fours with a router in the rack.
      Ya like ya Switch-Ports hot and ya servers all hacked. If ya pings real high and ya networks pitch black.

    • KuJoeKuJoe Member, Provider

      Wasn't Adam Ng associated with some shady/questionable hosts also in the past? Originally I was really hesitant to host with QuadraNet because of Adam's past which made me question their judgement but I was convinced he turned over a new leaf and was always professional and helpful whenever I dealt with him in tickets. Sad to see that when given the opportunity to become a better person some people don't take it. :disappointed:

      As for Dustin, he's still listed on their website so if he was let go it must have been out of blue: https://www.quadranet.com/leadership

      Thanked by 2Amitz dedotatedwam
      -Joe @ SecureDragon - LEB's Powered by Wyvern in FL, CO, CA, IL, NJ, GA, OR, TX, and AZ
      Need backup space? Check out BackupDragon
    • Yea, it's very recent. Less than a day, if I am correct. He is aware though.

    • KuJoeKuJoe Member, Provider

      @Host4Geeks said:
      Yea, it's very recent. Less than a day, if I am correct. He is aware though.

      I mean that them deciding to let him go probably wasn't planned if they left him on the website.

      -Joe @ SecureDragon - LEB's Powered by Wyvern in FL, CO, CA, IL, NJ, GA, OR, TX, and AZ
      Need backup space? Check out BackupDragon
    • @KuJoe said:

      I mean that them deciding to let him go probably wasn't planned if they left him on the website.

      True. However, I can imagine Ilan's situation here. Dustin was perhaps one of their good sales guys and was with them for a long time and most likely paid very well too.

    • vovlervovler Member

      Thanked by 1dedotatedwam

      "They said it's RAID 5" - geekypixal

    • LTnigerLTniger Member
      edited May 17

      Hell yea!! At last quality drama here. Damn I'am so miss this. Wondering, does the Dustin will take top clients from QN elsewhere...

      Any speculations will spice up the drama chowder, please add some spice.

      Wordpress Hosting - Home made!

    • @LTniger said:
      Wondering, does the Dustin will take top clients from QN elsewhere...

      I don't think that's up to Dustin. We/They are all QN's clients. Dustin was simply an employee who closed the deals. The larger question here is, what happens to Alpharacks' clients and the "23,000+" clients they acquired recently.

    • t0ny0t0ny0 Member

      @Host4Geeks said:

      @LTniger said:
      Wondering, does the Dustin will take top clients from QN elsewhere...

      I don't think that's up to Dustin. We/They are all QN's clients. Dustin was simply an employee who closed the deals. The larger question here is, what happens to Alpharacks' clients and the "23,000+" clients they acquired recently.

      Perhaps 23,000+ clients are about to learn that if it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck and walks like a duck.. :-)

    • uptimeuptime Member

      looks like a duck, quacks like a duck and walks like a duck

      could be a witch!

      (disguised as a duck)

      Leave a Comment

      You can use Markdown in your post.

    • armandorgarmandorg Member

      Interesting

      Website designer & Front end developer

    • MasonRMasonR Member

      If AlphaRacks inadvertently collapses as a result of this, I think we need to send Dustin and Adam a good thank you gift for mopping up all the lowend shithosts in one fell swoop.

      LowEndStorage | FreeMach - Free KVM Servers (LET Thread)
      Yet Another Bench Script (YABS) - Linux Server Benchmarking Script (dd/ioping, iperf, & Geekbench)

    • doghouchdoghouch Moderator
      edited May 17

      @MasonR said:
      If AlphaRacks inadvertently collapses as a result of this, I think we need to send Dustin and Adam a good thank you gift for mopping up all the lowend shithosts in one fell swoop.

      Bonus: no more spam from AlphaRuckus.

      Edit: I’ll probably pin this thread later with a warning to back up your data if it ever comes back.

      Thanked by 3MasonR Sofia_K netomx
    • MasonRMasonR Member

      @doghouch said:

      @MasonR said:
      If AlphaRacks inadvertently collapses as a result of this, I think we need to send Dustin and Adam a good thank you gift for mopping up all the lowend shithosts in one fell swoop.

      Bonus: no more spam from AlphaRuckus.

      Til they sell leak the client database :P

      LowEndStorage | FreeMach - Free KVM Servers (LET Thread)
      Yet Another Bench Script (YABS) - Linux Server Benchmarking Script (dd/ioping, iperf, & Geekbench)

    • doghouchdoghouch Moderator

      @MasonR said:

      @doghouch said:

      @MasonR said:
      If AlphaRacks inadvertently collapses as a result of this, I think we need to send Dustin and Adam a good thank you gift for mopping up all the lowend shithosts in one fell swoop.

      Bonus: no more spam from AlphaRuckus.

      Til they sell leak the client database :P

      FEAR NOT! I used a virtual office to sign up.

      <3

      Thanked by 1MasonR
    • lonealonea Member, Provider

      Can someone explain why "Dustin & AdamNG" were fired?

      Do they have some sort of non-competitive in their contract or something else??

      BuyWebHosting - Web Hosting for $10 per year

    • Nate812Nate812 Member

      Karma, full circle.

      Thanked by 1Amitz
    • MasonRMasonR Member

      @lonea said:
      Can someone explain why "Dustin & AdamNG" were fired?

      Do they have some sort of non-competitive in their contract or something else??

      Non-compete is possible. More than likely, QN management didn't take too kindly to two of their employees owning and operating hosts, which undoubtedly occupied a big portion of their "working" time.

      While the details will likely never be made public, you can also imagine that alpharacks and its subsidiaries got bargain deals on colo, remote hands, IPs, etc. because it'd essentially be Dustin/Adam striking deals with themselves (kinda funny to think about). They're basically abusing their position at QN to run AlphaRacks at minimal cost.

      Or at least, that's my best guess. Regardless, most employment in the US is "at-will" so the employer can fire you at a moments notice without any reason given as long as it's non-discriminatory.

      LowEndStorage | FreeMach - Free KVM Servers (LET Thread)
      Yet Another Bench Script (YABS) - Linux Server Benchmarking Script (dd/ioping, iperf, & Geekbench)

    • BlaZeBlaZe Member, Provider

      Greed, when goes beyond the limit, destroys you.

    • deankdeank Member
      edited May 17

      @doghouch said:
      Bonus: no more spam from AlphaRuckus.

      The e-mail addresses will be passed over to some other jackass.

      @MasonR said:
      Non-compete is possible. More than likely, QN management didn't take too kindly to two of their employees owning and operating hosts, which undoubtedly occupied a big portion of their "working" time.

      Pretty much this. They got too big and got found out is my additional guess.

      Meanwhile a fact that there is only one thread about AP being down means they may have far less clients than they claimed.

      If you can't make your point within 5 lines of words, you have an optimization issue.
      Amitz day is October 17th.

    • CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Provider

      Couldn't have happened to two better guys!

      ColoCrossing.com - Premier Datacenter and Cloud Solutions for Business

    • ChrisMillerChrisMiller Member, Provider
      edited May 17

      Removed by request of this post’s OP.

    • corbpiecorbpie Member

      Best news i have heard this hour.

      grape

    • deankdeank Member

      I give 60 days before someone else creates AP clone.

      If you can't make your point within 5 lines of words, you have an optimization issue.
      Amitz day is October 17th.

    • CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Provider
      edited May 17

      @ChrisMiller said:
      Mod edit: Removed quote by request.

      It is 100% true, how could it not be? The CEO of Quadranet sent emails.

      ColoCrossing.com - Premier Datacenter and Cloud Solutions for Business

    • Hello-MarcHello-Marc Member, Provider

      It is 100% true, how could it not be? The CEO of Quadranet sent emails.

      Anyone got a copy of this email?

      Hello 👋🏻

    • ehabehab Member

      merrrryyy xmas every body

      Thanked by 1Frameworks
      • do not prepay > 1 year and check for reviews/support
      • only use monthly from a provider operating < 1 year 🍆
    • deankdeank Member
      edited May 17

      Stop the pills ASAP, @rehab

      You've been acting weird since yesterday. Stop the god damn pills! This ain't PMS.

      If you can't make your point within 5 lines of words, you have an optimization issue.
      Amitz day is October 17th.

    • BlaZeBlaZe Member, Provider

      @deank said:
      I give 60 days before someone else creates AP clone.

      I will share WHCMS license for free if wanted :p

    • AmitzAmitz Member

      That AdamNG fucker... I still have an axe to grind with that human piece of shit. Nice news. Shall he burn in hell!

      Thanked by 2TheNeedful shovenose

      "Actually, throughout my life, my two greatest assets have been mental stability and being, like, really smart."
      Donald John Trump, Flat-Earther and White Supremacist, 2018

    • YuraYura Member

      @teamacc said:

      @AnthonySmith said:
      If this is true, looking like it is now then they also ran the w00thosting bullshit scam as well I guess.

      Nice, they literally took the CVPS Chris template from 2011-2015 and ran with it.

      iirc around 2011/12 Dustin also ran a huge pump and dump operation to mass IP's that did not end well which he sold to QN and that is how he got to QN in the first place.

      Except that these guys were fired for it.

      You can't compare CC with QuadraNet.

    • YuraYura Member

      @Amitz said:
      That AdamNG fucker... I still have an axe to grind with that human piece of shit. Nice news. Shall he burn in hell!

      Amitz cooking in German

    • AmitzAmitz Member

      What do you mean, my dear @Yura? ;)
      I lost quite some money a few years ago because of that notorius liar. I would still love to provide him with a nice and painful punch in his stupid face if I should ever get the chance to do so.

      "Actually, throughout my life, my two greatest assets have been mental stability and being, like, really smart."
      Donald John Trump, Flat-Earther and White Supremacist, 2018

    • donlidonli Member

      As of right now Dustin B. Cisneros is still listed as "Global Sales Manager" on QuadraNet.com's "leadership" page:
      https://www.quadranet.com/leadership

      Dustin B. Cisneros
      Global Sales Manager
      Dustin’s energy and leadership qualities resonate throughout his department on a daily basis. He is passionate about cultivating a memorable experience for clients and works diligently to provide his team with the resources they need to be extensions of his client-centered approach. Dustin is a long-standing member of the hosting industry and leverages his experience with the goals of QuadraNet clients in order to put into motion continuous improvements of existing services, as well as to develop new offerings for clients that make use of emerging technologies and trends.

    • NDTNNDTN Member, Provider

      A sale ticket I opened 3 days ago is still being assigned to Dustin. He has been a great guys to work with the past years. But since 4-5 months ago, any tickets I opened to Sales took weeks to get responses. Will bump the ticket to see who will handle it :)

    • BlaZeBlaZe Member, Provider

      @Amitz said:
      That AdamNG fucker... I still have an axe to grind with that human piece of shit. Nice news. Shall he burn in hell!

      :(

    • AmitzAmitz Member

      I honestly do not really care in which place he burns exactly, as long as he is burning at all... ;)

      Thanked by 3Nate812 Falzo BlaZe

      "Actually, throughout my life, my two greatest assets have been mental stability and being, like, really smart."
      Donald John Trump, Flat-Earther and White Supremacist, 2018

    • YuraYura Member

      @Amitz said:
      What do you mean, my dear @Yura? ;)
      I lost quite some money a few years ago because of that notorius liar. I would still love to provide him with a nice and painful punch in his stupid face if I should ever get the chance to do so.

      I mean I'm imagining you are roasting him (verbally and physically) in a meticulously engineered and devilishly efficient way while swearing in German using words longer than all posts I made on LET combined.

      Yes, I let my imagination run unchecked but I brought popcorn! :wink:

      Thanked by 3uptime Amitz FHR
    • zafouharzafouhar Member

      @KuJoe said:
      Wasn't Adam Ng associated with some shady/questionable hosts also in the past? Originally I was really hesitant to host with QuadraNet because of Adam's past which made me question their judgement but I was convinced he turned over a new leaf and was always professional and helpful whenever I dealt with him in tickets. Sad to see that when given the opportunity to become a better person some people don't take it. :disappointed:

      As for Dustin, he's still listed on their website so if he was let go it must have been out of blue: https://www.quadranet.com/leadership

      Dustin was fired from their site aswell.

      Thanked by 1taubin
    • cociucociu Member, Provider

      Amitz said: I would still love to provide him with a nice and painful punch in his stupid face if I should ever get the chance to do so.

      get a sister man , calm with her ... better option :)

      Thanked by 2pike Gatto
    • Good riddance to those pieces of shit. We must now revert back.

    • alvinalvin Member

      OMG...It look like of changeip case

    • ben47955ben47955 Member

      So many people losing millions at this time.

    This discussion has been closed.