Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

X4B | Asian DDoS Protection | $14 for a Limited Time | TKO, SGP, AMS, LON, MIM, ASH, DAL, LAX
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

X4B | Asian DDoS Protection | $14 for a Limited Time | TKO, SGP, AMS, LON, MIM, ASH, DAL, LAX

SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep
edited May 2019 in Offers

X4B DDoS Protection is proud to announce to launch the first release our Premium Anycast DDoS Protection line focussing on protection in the underserved Asia market.

AS136165: The network

Current PoPs:

• Amsterdam, Netherlands
  • London, United Kingdom
  • Los Angeles, CA, USA
  • Dallas, TX, USA
  • Ashburn, VA, USA
  • Miami, FL, USA
  • Tokyo, Japan NEW
  • Singapore, Singapore NEW

Looking Glass: https://lg.x4b.net/ (103.249.70.2)

The Deal

Product Line: Premium Anycast DDoS Protection

Protection: 100Gbps / 100Mpps Guarunteed, 200Gbps / 200Mpps Burstable

Clean Bandwidth included: 25GB (upgrades available)

Coupon: LE30PCT (30% of Premium Anycast line)
Price: $14 (with coupon: LE30PCT)

Valid Until: 15/06/2019 (unless we sell out)

Order Link

You won't find comparable DDoS protection in Asia in this price range.

The 20 Questions:

Are you actually offering protection in Asia?

With a total network capacity over over 3Tbps and growing we have sufficient capacity to mitigate most attacks locally in Asia. We do however depend on our Anycast network (particularly L.A) to help take the brunt of larger than 100Gbps attacks or in times of network stress.

Why Anycast?

An anycast network is more redundant, and fault resilient than a regular single PoP network. By announcing in multiple distinct locations we gain redundancy against network and server failure as well as the ability to reduce latency by taking in the connection closer to the source.

Anycast also allows for an increase in Mitigation capacity (particularly Layer 7) and overall throughput per service.

Can I point one or more Anycast PoP at a single server?

Yes you can select which Anycast PoP should be forwarding to each defined backend.

Can each PoP communicate with my server direct?

Yep.

Optionally with GRE Tunnelling you can also choose to have all PoPs pointed at a single backend, and for that backend to communicate with the appropriate PoP all via a single internal IP address; or you can define only a single tunnel (the choice is yours!)

This is an Anycast IP, can I connect out?

We have worked hard to build a solution that is able to function in every way like a regular Remote Protection service. With a GRE tunnel you can make outgoing connections. There may be a small delay for the first few packets while we create an optimized route through the network.

What about Support?

Low End plans have support Priority capped at Medium. Support for Low End plans is provided in a reduced capacity.

Comments

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

I gave permission for this to be posted even though it's outside the selling rules.

Thanked by 1SplitIce
  • SirFoxySirFoxy Member

Typo correction, Ashburn.

Thanked by 1SplitIce
  • sanvitsanvit Member

You might want to check your cert for the looking glass :) And I have some questions too

1. Can this plan be upgraded with the same discount later on?
    2. Can it act as a load balancer (auto-failover when 1 server goes down)?
  • SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2019

@sanvit said:
    You might want to check your cert for the looking glass :) And I have some questions too

EDIT: I see the problem with the looking glass. Fixing.

1. Depends if you are ordering the LE offer or a regular offer. LE plans (those with 25GB) exist within their own product tier in the system unfortunately, there isn't any in-place upgrades that can be applied. We are happy however to do a prorata'ed account credit to facilitate a cross product line upgrade before 15/06.

With our regular products the discount continues to work on upgrades for a significant time after the coupon expiration, but eventually will be void for upgrades. The timeframe on this progression depends on the number of active users but typically this occurs within 2 months. This is our standard coupon grandfathering procedure.

1. Yes we have both load balancing & failover (HTTP/HTTPS) and GRE tunnel level failover (using iBGP) at Layer 4 that you can choose from.
    Thanked by 1sanvit
  • sanvitsanvit Member

@SplitIce said:

@sanvit said:

1. I'll take a look now. Could you please PM me the certificate details you are getting. Also either send me the server code (displayed on the page, if you ignore the invalid cert) or the traceroute (I can work out the region from there).

2. Depends if you are ordering the LE offer or a regular offer. LE plans (those with 25GB) exist within their own product tier in the system unfortunately, there isn't any in-place upgrades that can be applied. We are happy however to do a prorata'ed account credit to facilitate a cross product line upgrade before 15/06.

With our regular products the discount continues to work on upgrades for a significant time after the coupon expiration, but eventually will be void for upgrades. The timeframe on this progression depends on the number of active users but typically this occurs within 2 months. This is our standard coupon grandfathering procedure.

1. Yes we have both load balancing & failover (HTTP/HTTPS) and GRE tunnel level failover (using iBGP) at Layer 4 that you can choose from.

PM sent :)

Thanked by 1SplitIce
  • rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

My 4G has cheaper bandwidth than this

Thanked by 2yongsiklee desperand
  • sanvitsanvit Member

@rm_ said:
    My 4G has cheaper bandwidth than this

It gets significantly cheaper (yeah still expensive compared to the usual BW prices but still) when you go for higher bandwidth. I guess it's mostly the infrastructure and the anycast network that keeps the prices high :(

sanvit said: I guess it's mostly the infrastructure and the anycast network that keeps the prices high

Our margins on the Asian side of our network are significantly slimmer than the Standard side due to increased network and hardware costs, particularly when it comes to attack bandwidth.

However if someone needs >30TB and is willing to commit to 3-6 months or more feel free to contact us for a custom quote.

• WebGuruWebGuru Member
    edited May 2019

Can you tell me if standard product coupons are for one time only or recurring? What if i keep the same product for future without upgrades do i have to pay same discounted price for every renewal?

Your earlier post was a bit confusing for me that's why i am asking:

Yes the coupon is recurring. Note the "on upgrades" above. The entire post is a response to a question about discount applicability on future upgrades.

• WebGuruWebGuru Member

@SplitIce said:
    Yes the coupon is recurring. Note the "on upgrades" above. The entire post is a response to a question about discount applicability on future upgrades.

ok and coupon is valid until 15/6 right? Is it only for new accounts

Yes, It's only valid on the new product line so no need to append for new services only.

• WebGuruWebGuru Member

@SplitIce said:
    Yes, It's only valid on the new product line so no need to append for new services only.

Sent you a PM

SplitIce said: Product Line: Premium Anycast DDoS Protection

@WebGuru Sorry the discount is specifically for the Premium line.

• WebGuruWebGuru Member

@SplitIce said:

SplitIce said: Product Line: Premium Anycast DDoS Protection

@WebGuru Sorry the discount is specifically for the Premium line.

ok thanks for replying