Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TinyKVM - part 3 - 15 months later
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

TinyKVM - part 3 - 15 months later

lwtlwt Member

No issues, no downtime. Nothing to report, really.

I had a ticket to have them add a VM reset button on the control panel, solved in 3 hours.

That is what I expect from a VPS provider.

5* AFAIAC.

Thanked by 2angstrom ramnet

Comments

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Sue'em.

Oh..., oops. Sorry, it was a reflex.

If you wish to join Nigh sect, adopt my avatar as your own and believe in the end.

• JoeMeritJoeMerit Member
    edited April 2019

@lwt What location?

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited April 2019

deank said: Oh..., oops. Sorry, it was a reflex.

What reflex? He should sue'em! 3 WHOLE HOURS?

• lwt said: Nothing to report, really.

• lwtlwt Member

@JoeMerit said:
    @lwt What location?

Atlanta.

• lwtlwt Member

@jvnadr said:

deank said: Oh..., oops. Sorry, it was a reflex.

What reflex? He should sue'em! 3 WHOLE HOURS?

Yeah, the cheek! I really should.

• @lwt said:
    No issues, no downtime. Nothing to report, really.

I had a ticket to have them add a VM reset button on the control panel, solved in 3 hours.

That is what I expect from a VPS provider.

5* AFAIAC.

3 hours is a lot, I suggest you create another thread at LET to complain about that.

Thanked by 3t0m jvnadr poisson
  • lwtlwt Member

I hope you made a joke. That was a non-urgent ticket, convenience really, no operational impact.

Thanked by 1ramnet
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

Not a joke sadly. We have dudes who post complaint threads upon 3 minutes of downtime.

Some even go PMS upon reaching 10th minute. It is getting common.

3 hours of downtime would have sent some of those guys to the Moon after PMSing hard.

If you wish to join Nigh sect, adopt my avatar as your own and believe in the end.

• I'm not saying that @ramnet is good or anything, but I've got nameservers there.

Thanked by 1ramnet
  • ramnetramnet Member, Provider

Thank you for the positive review!

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Provider

@Letzien said:
    I'm not saying that @ramnet is good or anything, but I've got nameservers there.

Ramnet's one of the old guard. There was a while there that for the LEB polls it was Ramnet, BuyVM, and either Quickhosting (I think was their name) or Prometeus trading for spots 1~3.

Well deserving of their praise.

Francisco

Thanked by 3poisson Letzien ramnet
    BuyVM - Free DirectAdmin, Softaculous, & Blesta! / Anycast Support! / Windows 2008, 2012, & 2016! / Unmetered Bandwidth!
    BuyShared - Shared & Reseller Hosting / cPanel + Softaculous + CloudLinux / Pure SSD! / Free Dedicated IP Address
  • lwtlwt Member

@deank said:
    Not a joke sadly. We have dudes who post complaint threads upon 3 minutes of downtime.

Some even go PMS upon reaching 10th minute. It is getting common.

3 hours of downtime would have sent some of those guys to the Moon after PMSing hard.

As I said, my ticket was not because of unavailability. Not a problem to wait a bit for some change to the control panel. I was actually surprised how quickly they solved the ticket.

Thanked by 1ramnet