Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com

Kay hosting
New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

Kay hosting

Anyone have a review on Kay hosting?

Thanked by 1dahartigan
«1

Comments

  • ChuckChuck Member

    LEB employees recommend it.

    Thanked by 2dahartigan Amitz

    I like what she said, not what it means.

  • Stay away from it

    Thanked by 2dahartigan Amitz

    "They said it's RAID 5" - geekypixal

  • @Chuck said:
    LEB employees recommend it.

  • No K!
    Thanked by 2t0ny0 Amitz

    Have an Allwinner H3 device? Android? Check out H3Droid! | Lichee Pi Zero - The 6$ SBC | #SYSarm - Get It! | Atomic Pi - $35 x86 SBC
    21+ Years IT Experience in Linux/Windows Hosting, Administration and Development Services

  • D> @Chuck said:

    LEB employees recommend it

    What are LEB employees?

    Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • If a host advertised in LEB, you should probably not buy from them. Plus, there are a lot of providers that are stable and knows what their doing in LET. Why waste money and time trying scam hosts on LEB? I'm pretty confident that you will be better off with the provides mentioned on your last thread.

  • If it's on the LEB front page, it's advised to keep away.

    I've spent too much wasted money on those shit yearly plans, honestly it's better to pay monthly with a LET provider.

    TLDR; LEB NO, LET YES

    Thanked by 1gks

    Purveyor of high quality potassium

  • @dahartigan said:
    If it's on the LEB front page, it's advised to keep away.

    I've spent too much wasted money on those shit yearly plans, honestly it's better to pay monthly with a LET provider.

    TLDR; LEB NO, LET YES

    The plans on lowendbox for Kay hosting is really cheep.

    Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • @jason123santa said:

    @dahartigan said:
    If it's on the LEB front page, it's advised to keep away.

    I've spent too much wasted money on those shit yearly plans, honestly it's better to pay monthly with a LET provider.

    TLDR; LEB NO, LET YES

    The plans on lowendbox for Kay hosting is really cheep.

    That may be the case, but it will most likely be oversold. It's basic economics.

    Feel free to try it out, or just take my word for it, totally up to you :)

    Thanked by 1FAT32

    Purveyor of high quality potassium

  • FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

    @jason123santa said:
    The plans on lowendbox for Kay hosting is really cheep.

    You asked for our opinions but if you think you don't have much to loss because it is cheap, then just go for it?

    "Everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. Be kind. Always."

  • banxixbanxix Member
    edited March 2019

    @jason123santa said:

    @dahartigan said:
    If it's on the LEB front page, it's advised to keep away.

    I've spent too much wasted money on those shit yearly plans, honestly it's better to pay monthly with a LET provider.

    TLDR; LEB NO, LET YES

    The plans on lowendbox for Kay hosting is really cheep.

    Then ask yourself can they survive with that cheap price in a normal way? If yes, how do they make profit from it?

    Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • Okay, here's another way to look at it.

    Are you looking to run anything business related on it? AVOID! Do yourself and your customers a favor and shell out for something better, honestly.

    Are you looking to learn how to use a VPS or hosting? Is it for a personal hobby or website that doesn't matter if it goes offline all the time? Go for it, the worst that can happen is you lose your money.

    Purveyor of high quality potassium

  • ChuckChuck Member

    @banxix said:

    @jason123santa said:

    @dahartigan said:
    If it's on the LEB front page, it's advised to keep away.

    I've spent too much wasted money on those shit yearly plans, honestly it's better to pay monthly with a LET provider.

    TLDR; LEB NO, LET YES

    The plans on lowendbox for Kay hosting is really cheep.

    Then ask yourself can they survive with that cheap price in a normal way? If yes, how do they make profit from it?

    There some scummy providers have the script that will auto reboot your server if you use over 15% CPU.

    I like what she said, not what it means.

  • Apparently some people do not understand what is the true value of cheap. Well, I have a UMax hosting box (the advertise in LEB as well) for transfer. Just 13 USD for 100GB RAID-10, 2GB RAM + 2GB swap and 4TB monthly bandwidth. It's really cheap.

    Deals and Reviews: LowEndBoxes Review | Avoid dodgy providers with The LEBRE Whitelist | Free hosting (with conditions): Evolution-Host, NanoKVM, FreeMach, ServedEZ | Follow latest deals on Twitter or Telegram

  • On that note, I've noticed that I'm getting a lot of emails from a bunch of LEB hosts asking to put a credit card on file. I know this is a WHMCS thing, but it's only the LEB hosts that are doing it at the moment, which gives more credibility to the idea that they're all shit puppets run by ColoCrossing, just too many similarities that indicate it's all run by the same person.

    Honestly, when I first came to LEB/LET I saw people complaining about the usual alphawootnfpracks and thought it was just other providers shitting on them, so I purchased hundreds of dollars worth of them, which looking back, was down the drain. I can't stress enough, those stories are in fact true and even though they may work when you purchase them, the performance and quality WILL degrade as more people get crammed onto oversold nodes.

    It's been said over and over again before, but the simple truth is they all have something in common - if they're being sold on LEB they are mostly scams and/or oversold.

    I suspect there's a good reason why LEB is listed as a malware site these days.

    Thanked by 1poisson

    Purveyor of high quality potassium

  • @dahartigan said:
    On that note, I've noticed that I'm getting a lot of emails from a bunch of LEB hosts asking to put a credit card on file. I know this is a WHMCS thing, but it's only the LEB hosts that are doing it at the moment, which gives more credibility to the idea that they're all shit puppets run by ColoCrossing, just too many similarities that indicate it's all run by the same person.

    Honestly, when I first came to LEB/LET I saw people complaining about the usual alphawootnfpracks and thought it was just other providers shitting on them, so I purchased hundreds of dollars worth of them, which looking back, was down the drain. I can't stress enough, those stories are in fact true and even though they may work when you purchase them, the performance and quality WILL degrade as more people get crammed onto oversold nodes.

    It's been said over and over again before, but the simple truth is they all have something in common - if they're being sold on LEB they are mostly scams and/or oversold.

    I suspect there's a good reason why LEB is listed as a malware site these days.

    Absolutely true. I got my boxes with UMax hosting (confirmed CC because I did traceroute) at the beginning and it was OK. A few months later it just went to shit. I mean there are a number of us who have literally paid real money to learn a lesson and sharing our experience, but somehow there are enough people who are willing to take out real money of their own to fatten the pockets of the scammers. Makes me wonder why don't I get a cheap reseller account and play the same game since there are always enough people to fall for it despite being warned.

    Deals and Reviews: LowEndBoxes Review | Avoid dodgy providers with The LEBRE Whitelist | Free hosting (with conditions): Evolution-Host, NanoKVM, FreeMach, ServedEZ | Follow latest deals on Twitter or Telegram

  • poisson said: Makes me wonder why don't I get a cheap reseller account and play the same game since there are always enough people to fall for it despite being warned.

    It's because you aren't a psychopathic scammer like the folks over at CC ;)

    Purveyor of high quality potassium

  • @poisson said:

    @dahartigan said:
    On that note, I've noticed that I'm getting a lot of emails from a bunch of LEB hosts asking to put a credit card on file. I know this is a WHMCS thing, but it's only the LEB hosts that are doing it at the moment, which gives more credibility to the idea that they're all shit puppets run by ColoCrossing, just too many similarities that indicate it's all run by the same person.

    Honestly, when I first came to LEB/LET I saw people complaining about the usual alphawootnfpracks and thought it was just other providers shitting on them, so I purchased hundreds of dollars worth of them, which looking back, was down the drain. I can't stress enough, those stories are in fact true and even though they may work when you purchase them, the performance and quality WILL degrade as more people get crammed onto oversold nodes.

    It's been said over and over again before, but the simple truth is they all have something in common - if they're being sold on LEB they are mostly scams and/or oversold.

    I suspect there's a good reason why LEB is listed as a malware site these days.

    Absolutely true. I got my boxes with UMax hosting (confirmed CC because I did traceroute) at the beginning and it was OK. A few months later it just went to shit. I mean there are a number of us who have literally paid real money to learn a lesson and sharing our experience, but somehow there are enough people who are willing to take out real money of their own to fatten the pockets of the scammers. Makes me wonder why don't I get a cheap reseller account and play the same game since there are always enough people to fall for it despite being warned.

    If I should not use LEB hosting services then I will try buyshared because it lookes like everyone likes it.

  • dahartigandahartigan Member
    edited March 2019

    @jason123santa said:
    If I should not use LEB hosting services then I will try buyshared because it lookes like everyone likes it.

    There we go! There are so many actual decent hosts here that you can use, and even run your business from. Just avoid the LEB site like the plague, and don't be tempted by the low prices.

    The simple truth is there is a point where the cost of running a server is, say, $X/month - anything more than that is profit to the provider to invest in better service, keeping the servers running smoothly and stable.

    Anything UNDER that amount is unsustainable, and will result in oversold servers, shit support and eventually closing the business down and climbing in your windows and stealing your livestock.

    The other thing to look out for is yearly-payment-only deals. Why are they yearly payment? Usually the yearly payment thing is to make it a sweet deal for the customer and the provider, they don't have to have 12 small transactions become consumed by payment gateway fees, so a single SMALL yearly payment works out well. You will find that most LEB deals are yearly payment only, and with no option for monthly - that's because if you pay monthly you can cancel and minimize your loss. If you pay $48/year for a VPS and a month down the track it turns to shit, you've just spent what amounts to $48/month for a shit VPS.

    There are plenty of excellent hosts that do monthly AND yearly payments, and you'll notice that these have good reviews on LET. If they are on LET and start scamming, the community will eat them alive.

    Purveyor of high quality potassium

  • austeniteaustenite Member, Provider

    I've replied to your other thread and we'd :heart: to have you with us, we're here to stay and genuinely appreciate your custom. cPanel, MailChannels, money back guarantee, uptime SLA and support that gives a shit included.

    Let me know if you have any questions.

  • ChuckChuck Member

    @poisson said:
    Apparently some people do not understand what is the true value of cheap. Well, I have a UMax hosting box (the advertise in LEB as well) for transfer. Just 13 USD for 100GB RAID-10, 2GB RAM + 2GB swap and 4TB monthly bandwidth. It's really cheap.

    Link to the deal?

    I like what she said, not what it means.

  • Kay.

    Remember the value of LET is purely based on its traffic.

  • If all you need is cheap shared hosting, take a look at Hostmantis. Check their twitter account. They always have 70% ~ 80%off discount. You can get a 3-year plan under $10 if you want.

    @jason123santa said:

    @poisson said:

    @dahartigan said:
    On that note, I've noticed that I'm getting a lot of emails from a bunch of LEB hosts asking to put a credit card on file. I know this is a WHMCS thing, but it's only the LEB hosts that are doing it at the moment, which gives more credibility to the idea that they're all shit puppets run by ColoCrossing, just too many similarities that indicate it's all run by the same person.

    Honestly, when I first came to LEB/LET I saw people complaining about the usual alphawootnfpracks and thought it was just other providers shitting on them, so I purchased hundreds of dollars worth of them, which looking back, was down the drain. I can't stress enough, those stories are in fact true and even though they may work when you purchase them, the performance and quality WILL degrade as more people get crammed onto oversold nodes.

    It's been said over and over again before, but the simple truth is they all have something in common - if they're being sold on LEB they are mostly scams and/or oversold.

    I suspect there's a good reason why LEB is listed as a malware site these days.

    Absolutely true. I got my boxes with UMax hosting (confirmed CC because I did traceroute) at the beginning and it was OK. A few months later it just went to shit. I mean there are a number of us who have literally paid real money to learn a lesson and sharing our experience, but somehow there are enough people who are willing to take out real money of their own to fatten the pockets of the scammers. Makes me wonder why don't I get a cheap reseller account and play the same game since there are always enough people to fall for it despite being warned.

    If I should not use LEB hosting services then I will try buyshared because it lookes like everyone likes it.

  • @Kiwi83 said:
    If all you need is cheap shared hosting, take a look at Hostmantis. Check their twitter account. They always have 70% ~ 80%off discount. You can get a 3-year plan under $10 if you want.

    @jason123santa said:

    @poisson said:

    @dahartigan said:
    On that note, I've noticed that I'm getting a lot of emails from a bunch of LEB hosts asking to put a credit card on file. I know this is a WHMCS thing, but it's only the LEB hosts that are doing it at the moment, which gives more credibility to the idea that they're all shit puppets run by ColoCrossing, just too many similarities that indicate it's all run by the same person.

    Honestly, when I first came to LEB/LET I saw people complaining about the usual alphawootnfpracks and thought it was just other providers shitting on them, so I purchased hundreds of dollars worth of them, which looking back, was down the drain. I can't stress enough, those stories are in fact true and even though they may work when you purchase them, the performance and quality WILL degrade as more people get crammed onto oversold nodes.

    It's been said over and over again before, but the simple truth is they all have something in common - if they're being sold on LEB they are mostly scams and/or oversold.

    I suspect there's a good reason why LEB is listed as a malware site these days.

    Absolutely true. I got my boxes with UMax hosting (confirmed CC because I did traceroute) at the beginning and it was OK. A few months later it just went to shit. I mean there are a number of us who have literally paid real money to learn a lesson and sharing our experience, but somehow there are enough people who are willing to take out real money of their own to fatten the pockets of the scammers. Makes me wonder why don't I get a cheap reseller account and play the same game since there are always enough people to fall for it despite being warned.

    If I should not use LEB hosting services then I will try buyshared because it lookes like everyone likes it.

    I agree that Hostmantis are an excellent choice for shared and reseller hosting :) I have one of their SSD Sydney packages and it's been flawless. Never needed support so I couldn't comment on that, but the uptime and price are excellent :)

    Thanked by 1Amitz

    Purveyor of high quality potassium

  • poissonpoisson Member
    edited March 2019

    @Chuck said:

    @poisson said:
    Apparently some people do not understand what is the true value of cheap. Well, I have a UMax hosting box (the advertise in LEB as well) for transfer. Just 13 USD for 100GB RAID-10, 2GB RAM + 2GB swap and 4TB monthly bandwidth. It's really cheap.

    Link to the deal?

    I don't have the link anymore. It was from some Chinese website. Here are the server specs for the box (looks really good):

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    CPU model            : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1240 v3 @ 3.40GHz
    Number of cores      : 2
    CPU frequency        : 2550.000 MHz
    Total size of Disk   : 100.0 GB (0.5 GB Used)
    Total amount of Mem  : 2048 MB (56 MB Used)
    Total amount of Swap : 2048 MB (12 MB Used)
    System uptime        : 18 days, 20 hour 11 min
    Load average         : 0.20, 0.05, 0.01
    OS                   : Debian GNU/Linux 9
    Arch                 : x86_64 (64 Bit)
    Kernel               : 2.6.32-042stab133.2
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    

    Here's the screenshot from my SolusVM panel showing the bandwidth:

    And the screenshot that it's 13 bucks a year:

    Edit: image links were incorrect

    Deals and Reviews: LowEndBoxes Review | Avoid dodgy providers with The LEBRE Whitelist | Free hosting (with conditions): Evolution-Host, NanoKVM, FreeMach, ServedEZ | Follow latest deals on Twitter or Telegram

  • ChuckChuck Member

    it look like nfphosting and UMax hosting are own by same asshole. My nfphosting server auto reboot if the CPU hit around 15%

    proof:

    https://serverscope.io/trials/rjYV

    Same CPU E3-1240 v3 @ 3.40GHz

    Same frequency 2550 MHz
    They both use HDD .

    I like what she said, not what it means.

  • @Chuck said:
    it look like nfphosting and UMax hosting are own by same asshole. My nfphosting server auto reboot if the CPU hit around 15%

    proof:

    https://serverscope.io/trials/rjYV

    Same CPU E3-1240 v3 @ 3.40GHz

    Same frequency 2550 MHz
    They both use HDD .

    Hey, you are right. The I/O speeds are similar!

    Deals and Reviews: LowEndBoxes Review | Avoid dodgy providers with The LEBRE Whitelist | Free hosting (with conditions): Evolution-Host, NanoKVM, FreeMach, ServedEZ | Follow latest deals on Twitter or Telegram

  • ChuckChuck Member

    Is it legal in the US for 1 person with 2 companies trying to scam people? Double jail time?

    I like what she said, not what it means.

  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Provider

    @Chuck said:
    Is it legal in the US for 1 person with 2 companies trying to scam people? Double jail time?

    You must be new to these parts.

    At one point CC "ghost operated" a half dozen+ of their biggest resellers. That's only what we were able to pin point on vpsboard and such. In private i'm sure the number is much higher.

    Then when the "owners" that were the fronts couldn't run the shop anymore they suddenly all got merged into CC to try to shelter them.

    The big issue is that the LEB writers knew that it's the same guy, they're just needing to move inventory.

    Francisco

    BuyVM - Free DirectAdmin, Softaculous, & Blesta! / Anycast Support! / Windows 2008, 2012, & 2016! / Unmetered Bandwidth!
    BuyShared - Shared & Reseller Hosting / cPanel + Softaculous + CloudLinux / Pure SSD! / Free Dedicated IP Address
  • The biggest question is why the lights are still on in LET when it clearly calls CC out, maybe there's just not enough noise for them to worry about, or attempt to discredit us as tinfoil hat types?

    Purveyor of high quality potassium

  • @dahartigan said:
    The biggest question is why the lights are still on in LET when it clearly calls CC out, maybe there's just not enough noise for them to worry about, or attempt to discredit us as tinfoil hat types?

    As long as they are making enough money, they probably don't care.

    Deals and Reviews: LowEndBoxes Review | Avoid dodgy providers with The LEBRE Whitelist | Free hosting (with conditions): Evolution-Host, NanoKVM, FreeMach, ServedEZ | Follow latest deals on Twitter or Telegram

  • dahartigandahartigan Member
    edited March 2019

    @poisson said:

    @dahartigan said:
    The biggest question is why the lights are still on in LET when it clearly calls CC out, maybe there's just not enough noise for them to worry about, or attempt to discredit us as tinfoil hat types?

    As long as they are making enough money, they probably don't care.

    Yeah that's pretty fucked then :/

    Makes them pretty much the world's biggest bunch of shit rodents.

    Purveyor of high quality potassium

  • @dahartigan said:

    @poisson said:

    @dahartigan said:
    The biggest question is why the lights are still on in LET when it clearly calls CC out, maybe there's just not enough noise for them to worry about, or attempt to discredit us as tinfoil hat types?

    As long as they are making enough money, they probably don't care.

    Yeah that's pretty fucked then :/

    Makes them pretty much the world's biggest bunch of shit rodents.

    Not really. They are quite pedestrian to me. I guess you haven't seen how fucked up the Chinese can be with stuff like fake vaccines.

    Deals and Reviews: LowEndBoxes Review | Avoid dodgy providers with The LEBRE Whitelist | Free hosting (with conditions): Evolution-Host, NanoKVM, FreeMach, ServedEZ | Follow latest deals on Twitter or Telegram

  • @poisson said:

    @dahartigan said:

    @poisson said:

    @dahartigan said:
    The biggest question is why the lights are still on in LET when it clearly calls CC out, maybe there's just not enough noise for them to worry about, or attempt to discredit us as tinfoil hat types?

    As long as they are making enough money, they probably don't care.

    Yeah that's pretty fucked then :/

    Makes them pretty much the world's biggest bunch of shit rodents.

    Not really. They are quite pedestrian to me. I guess you haven't seen how fucked up the Chinese can be with stuff like fake vaccines.

    I suppose everything is relative, but in the case of LET and scammers, they're the equivalent of the lincoln park rapist, climbin' in windows and snatchin' yo people up. So run and tell THAT, home boy..

    Thanked by 1poisson

    Purveyor of high quality potassium

  • @dahartigan said:

    @poisson said:

    @dahartigan said:

    @poisson said:

    @dahartigan said:
    The biggest question is why the lights are still on in LET when it clearly calls CC out, maybe there's just not enough noise for them to worry about, or attempt to discredit us as tinfoil hat types?

    As long as they are making enough money, they probably don't care.

    Yeah that's pretty fucked then :/

    Makes them pretty much the world's biggest bunch of shit rodents.

    Not really. They are quite pedestrian to me. I guess you haven't seen how fucked up the Chinese can be with stuff like fake vaccines.

    I suppose everything is relative, but in the case of LET and scammers, they're the equivalent of the lincoln park rapist, climbin' in windows and snatchin' yo people up. So run and tell THAT, home boy..

    I don't quite agree with the relative part. At least the worst these CC assholes do to you is to make you lose money. Fake vaccines is just.. Don't get me started.

    But yes, in the case of LET, this is about the lowest they can get other than screwing with your peronsal information.

    Deals and Reviews: LowEndBoxes Review | Avoid dodgy providers with The LEBRE Whitelist | Free hosting (with conditions): Evolution-Host, NanoKVM, FreeMach, ServedEZ | Follow latest deals on Twitter or Telegram

  • @poisson said:

    @dahartigan said:

    @poisson said:

    @dahartigan said:

    @poisson said:

    @dahartigan said:
    The biggest question is why the lights are still on in LET when it clearly calls CC out, maybe there's just not enough noise for them to worry about, or attempt to discredit us as tinfoil hat types?

    As long as they are making enough money, they probably don't care.

    Yeah that's pretty fucked then :/

    Makes them pretty much the world's biggest bunch of shit rodents.

    Not really. They are quite pedestrian to me. I guess you haven't seen how fucked up the Chinese can be with stuff like fake vaccines.

    I suppose everything is relative, but in the case of LET and scammers, they're the equivalent of the lincoln park rapist, climbin' in windows and snatchin' yo people up. So run and tell THAT, home boy..

    I don't quite agree with the relative part. At least the worst these CC assholes do to you is to make you lose money. Fake vaccines is just.. Don't get me started.

    But yes, in the case of LET, this is about the lowest they can get other than screwing with your peronsal information.

    And for all we know they are, I mean, they are sending copious amounts of spam and people have reported being on all sorts of mailing lists, so maybe they're not treating personal information properly. Who knows, they could be stealing data from VZ containers? shrug

    Purveyor of high quality potassium

  • Why is there LEB link in the right sidebar in LET?

  • FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

    @banxix said:
    Why is there LEB link in the right sidebar in LET?

    Because both websites are funded by the same company

    "Everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. Be kind. Always."

  • deankdeank Member, Troll

    The end is nigh.

    For OP, that is.

    There are two things that make Earth spin: Money and PMS.

  • @FAT32 said:

    @banxix said:
    Why is there LEB link in the right sidebar in LET?

    Because both websites are funded by the same company

    Right, we can explicitly see that in "lowend" prefix. But why do they have different directions?

  • deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited March 2019

    Hosts on LEB are operated by a small group of scammers. Basically, it's all owned by the same group, rotating hosts as they make them go under once enough idiots sign up.

    Their tactics work due to few factors.

    1. New idiots are born everyday.
    2. Blinded by cheapness that due diligence means nothing.
    3. Or just don't do any due diligence.
    4. Lazy enough to ask for reviews on a forum when google search takes roughly 10 seconds.

    There are two things that make Earth spin: Money and PMS.

  • AmitzAmitz Member
    edited March 2019

    jason123santa said: What are LEB employees?

    My opinion? Scumbags. They help others cheat people and get money for it. Never go with a recommendation coming from lowendbox.com. If they are the Ying, then we here on LET are the YANG. And even that is not true since quite some time. It's all very muddy and fishy. Don't trust me. I am part of the system.

    For those who care:
    You can now find me at https://talk.lowendspirit.com or https://www.hostballs.com

  • If kayhosting is not good then should I use buyshared?

  • Kay - sounds like Gay!

    My list of reliable providers :
    Ramnode : HostHatch : Dediserve : Serverica : CloudCone : OnePoundWebHosting : Vultr : Lunanode : Few more under testing!

  • @niceboy said:
    Kay - sounds like Gay!

    Yes

  • TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited March 2019

    dahartigan said: The biggest question is why the lights are still on in LET when it clearly calls CC out, maybe there's just not enough noise for them to worry about, or attempt to discredit us as tinfoil hat types?

    They would alienate what is, essentially, their whole customer base, as they use these sites to advertise and gain ranking in search engines based on the topics which are discussed. While this place doesn't have the participation it used to, most of the large topics seem to trickle down at some point, especially related to this niche and end up getting discussed in some way.

    Also, they use it as a secondary help desk to prevent further publicity elsewhere, they know most people who use one of their 'brands' will end up here, post and then be able to step in and massage things, or hide it.

    Same reason Deluxe.com hasn't done anything to really hamper things since their acquisition, doing so would only devalue their 'asset'.

    my 2 cents.

    Cheers!

    Thanked by 2dahartigan uptime

    Have an Allwinner H3 device? Android? Check out H3Droid! | Lichee Pi Zero - The 6$ SBC | #SYSarm - Get It! | Atomic Pi - $35 x86 SBC
    21+ Years IT Experience in Linux/Windows Hosting, Administration and Development Services

  • ChuckChuck Member

    lowendbox can cover their ass easily unless people start to make a backup of their posting offer. They deleted all their HiFormance posts after HiFormance got killed.

    Thanked by 1uptime

    I like what she said, not what it means.

  • @Chuck said:
    lowendbox can cover their ass easily unless people start to make a backup of their posting offer. They deleted all their HiFormance posts after HiFormance got killed.

    I found now that I should not use lowendbox and just go to lowendtalk for low offers.

    Thanked by 2dahartigan poisson
  • FootKaputFootKaput Member
    edited March 2019

    I agree! I bought 5 VPSs on LEB in the past 30 days because I didn't know better and the prices seemed so good. I've since cut it down to 2 that actually remained usable. One dropped I/O from 1.3GB/sec to about 130MB/sec and the host said it was working as it should. I can also attest to the fact that older offers disappear...the ones that I signed up for are gone and replaced with others.

    I came to LET and posted a thread and was welcomed in with tons of suggestions. Ended up with a plan from both @HostDoc and @Francisco. I spent over my budget but got quality and value at a good price...which is WAAAAY better than just cheap.

    I'll hold on to the other VPSs for now since they are paid, likely drop them when the year is up if when the quality goes downhill. Until then, they are my learning playgrounds. I've acquired mad skills reloading CentOS7.

    There's a offers and a shared hosting offers category to browse through, and if you can't quite find what you want, post what you want in the requests category.

    Slowly working to cure my VPS addiction.

Sign In or Register to comment.