Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kay hosting
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Kay hosting

Anyone have a review on Kay hosting?

Thanked by 1dahartigan

Comments

• ChuckChuck Member

LEB employees recommend it.

Thanked by 2dahartigan Amitz
  • Stay away from it

Thanked by 2dahartigan Amitz
  • @Chuck said:
    LEB employees recommend it.

• No K!
  • D> @Chuck said:

LEB employees recommend it

What are LEB employees?

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • If a host advertised in LEB, you should probably not buy from them. Plus, there are a lot of providers that are stable and knows what their doing in LET. Why waste money and time trying scam hosts on LEB? I'm pretty confident that you will be better off with the provides mentioned on your last thread.

• If it's on the LEB front page, it's advised to keep away.

I've spent too much wasted money on those shit yearly plans, honestly it's better to pay monthly with a LET provider.

TLDR; LEB NO, LET YES

Thanked by 1gks
  • @dahartigan said:
    If it's on the LEB front page, it's advised to keep away.

I've spent too much wasted money on those shit yearly plans, honestly it's better to pay monthly with a LET provider.

TLDR; LEB NO, LET YES

The plans on lowendbox for Kay hosting is really cheep.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • @jason123santa said:

@dahartigan said:

TLDR; LEB NO, LET YES

That may be the case, but it will most likely be oversold. It's basic economics.

Feel free to try it out, or just take my word for it, totally up to you :)

Thanked by 1FAT32
  • FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@jason123santa said:

You asked for our opinions but if you think you don't have much to loss because it is cheap, then just go for it?

• banxixbanxix Member
    edited March 2019

@jason123santa said:

@dahartigan said:

TLDR; LEB NO, LET YES

Then ask yourself can they survive with that cheap price in a normal way? If yes, how do they make profit from it?

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • Okay, here's another way to look at it.

Are you looking to run anything business related on it? AVOID! Do yourself and your customers a favor and shell out for something better, honestly.

Are you looking to learn how to use a VPS or hosting? Is it for a personal hobby or website that doesn't matter if it goes offline all the time? Go for it, the worst that can happen is you lose your money.

• ChuckChuck Member

@banxix said:

@jason123santa said:

@dahartigan said:

TLDR; LEB NO, LET YES

Then ask yourself can they survive with that cheap price in a normal way? If yes, how do they make profit from it?

There some scummy providers have the script that will auto reboot your server if you use over 15% CPU.

• Apparently some people do not understand what is the true value of cheap. Well, I have a UMax hosting box (the advertise in LEB as well) for transfer. Just 13 USD for 100GB RAID-10, 2GB RAM + 2GB swap and 4TB monthly bandwidth. It's really cheap.

• On that note, I've noticed that I'm getting a lot of emails from a bunch of LEB hosts asking to put a credit card on file. I know this is a WHMCS thing, but it's only the LEB hosts that are doing it at the moment, which gives more credibility to the idea that they're all shit puppets run by ColoCrossing, just too many similarities that indicate it's all run by the same person.

Honestly, when I first came to LEB/LET I saw people complaining about the usual alphawootnfpracks and thought it was just other providers shitting on them, so I purchased hundreds of dollars worth of them, which looking back, was down the drain. I can't stress enough, those stories are in fact true and even though they may work when you purchase them, the performance and quality WILL degrade as more people get crammed onto oversold nodes.

It's been said over and over again before, but the simple truth is they all have something in common - if they're being sold on LEB they are mostly scams and/or oversold.

I suspect there's a good reason why LEB is listed as a malware site these days.

Thanked by 1poisson
  • @dahartigan said:
    On that note, I've noticed that I'm getting a lot of emails from a bunch of LEB hosts asking to put a credit card on file. I know this is a WHMCS thing, but it's only the LEB hosts that are doing it at the moment, which gives more credibility to the idea that they're all shit puppets run by ColoCrossing, just too many similarities that indicate it's all run by the same person.

Honestly, when I first came to LEB/LET I saw people complaining about the usual alphawootnfpracks and thought it was just other providers shitting on them, so I purchased hundreds of dollars worth of them, which looking back, was down the drain. I can't stress enough, those stories are in fact true and even though they may work when you purchase them, the performance and quality WILL degrade as more people get crammed onto oversold nodes.

It's been said over and over again before, but the simple truth is they all have something in common - if they're being sold on LEB they are mostly scams and/or oversold.

Absolutely true. I got my boxes with UMax hosting (confirmed CC because I did traceroute) at the beginning and it was OK. A few months later it just went to shit. I mean there are a number of us who have literally paid real money to learn a lesson and sharing our experience, but somehow there are enough people who are willing to take out real money of their own to fatten the pockets of the scammers. Makes me wonder why don't I get a cheap reseller account and play the same game since there are always enough people to fall for it despite being warned.

• poisson said: Makes me wonder why don't I get a cheap reseller account and play the same game since there are always enough people to fall for it despite being warned.

It's because you aren't a psychopathic scammer like the folks over at CC ;)

• @poisson said:

@dahartigan said:
    On that note, I've noticed that I'm getting a lot of emails from a bunch of LEB hosts asking to put a credit card on file. I know this is a WHMCS thing, but it's only the LEB hosts that are doing it at the moment, which gives more credibility to the idea that they're all shit puppets run by ColoCrossing, just too many similarities that indicate it's all run by the same person.

Absolutely true. I got my boxes with UMax hosting (confirmed CC because I did traceroute) at the beginning and it was OK. A few months later it just went to shit. I mean there are a number of us who have literally paid real money to learn a lesson and sharing our experience, but somehow there are enough people who are willing to take out real money of their own to fatten the pockets of the scammers. Makes me wonder why don't I get a cheap reseller account and play the same game since there are always enough people to fall for it despite being warned.

If I should not use LEB hosting services then I will try buyshared because it lookes like everyone likes it.

• dahartigandahartigan Member
    edited March 2019

@jason123santa said:
    If I should not use LEB hosting services then I will try buyshared because it lookes like everyone likes it.

There we go! There are so many actual decent hosts here that you can use, and even run your business from. Just avoid the LEB site like the plague, and don't be tempted by the low prices.

The simple truth is there is a point where the cost of running a server is, say, $X/month - anything more than that is profit to the provider to invest in better service, keeping the servers running smoothly and stable.

Anything UNDER that amount is unsustainable, and will result in oversold servers, shit support and eventually closing the business down and climbing in your windows and stealing your livestock.

The other thing to look out for is yearly-payment-only deals. Why are they yearly payment? Usually the yearly payment thing is to make it a sweet deal for the customer and the provider, they don't have to have 12 small transactions become consumed by payment gateway fees, so a single SMALL yearly payment works out well. You will find that most LEB deals are yearly payment only, and with no option for monthly - that's because if you pay monthly you can cancel and minimize your loss. If you pay $48/year for a VPS and a month down the track it turns to shit, you've just spent what amounts to $48/month for a shit VPS.

There are plenty of excellent hosts that do monthly AND yearly payments, and you'll notice that these have good reviews on LET. If they are on LET and start scamming, the community will eat them alive.

• I've replied to your other thread and we'd :heart: to have you with us, we're here to stay and genuinely appreciate your custom. cPanel, MailChannels, money back guarantee, uptime SLA and support that gives a shit included.

Let me know if you have any questions.

• ChuckChuck Member

@poisson said:
    Apparently some people do not understand what is the true value of cheap. Well, I have a UMax hosting box (the advertise in LEB as well) for transfer. Just 13 USD for 100GB RAID-10, 2GB RAM + 2GB swap and 4TB monthly bandwidth. It's really cheap.

Link to the deal?

• Kay.

• If all you need is cheap shared hosting, take a look at Hostmantis. Check their twitter account. They always have 70% ~ 80%off discount. You can get a 3-year plan under $10 if you want.

@jason123santa said:

@poisson said:

@dahartigan said:

• @Kiwi83 said:
    If all you need is cheap shared hosting, take a look at Hostmantis. Check their twitter account. They always have 70% ~ 80%off discount. You can get a 3-year plan under $10 if you want.

@jason123santa said:

@poisson said:

@dahartigan said:

I agree that Hostmantis are an excellent choice for shared and reseller hosting :) I have one of their SSD Sydney packages and it's been flawless. Never needed support so I couldn't comment on that, but the uptime and price are excellent :)

Thanked by 1Amitz
  • poissonpoisson Member
    edited March 2019

@Chuck said:

@poisson said:
    Apparently some people do not understand what is the true value of cheap. Well, I have a UMax hosting box (the advertise in LEB as well) for transfer. Just 13 USD for 100GB RAID-10, 2GB RAM + 2GB swap and 4TB monthly bandwidth. It's really cheap.

Link to the deal?

I don't have the link anymore. It was from some Chinese website. Here are the server specs for the box (looks really good):

----------------------------------------------------------------------
    CPU model            : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1240 v3 @ 3.40GHz
    Number of cores      : 2
    CPU frequency        : 2550.000 MHz
    Total size of Disk   : 100.0 GB (0.5 GB Used)
    Total amount of Mem  : 2048 MB (56 MB Used)
    Total amount of Swap : 2048 MB (12 MB Used)
    System uptime        : 18 days, 20 hour 11 min
    Load average         : 0.20, 0.05, 0.01
    OS                   : Debian GNU/Linux 9
    Arch                 : x86_64 (64 Bit)
    Kernel               : 2.6.32-042stab133.2
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's the screenshot from my SolusVM panel showing the bandwidth:

And the screenshot that it's 13 bucks a year:

Edit: image links were incorrect

• ChuckChuck Member

it look like nfphosting and UMax hosting are own by same asshole. My nfphosting server auto reboot if the CPU hit around 15%

proof:

https://serverscope.io/trials/rjYV

Same CPU E3-1240 v3 @ 3.40GHz

Same frequency 2550 MHz
    They both use HDD .

• @Chuck said:
    it look like nfphosting and UMax hosting are own by same asshole. My nfphosting server auto reboot if the CPU hit around 15%

proof:

https://serverscope.io/trials/rjYV

Same CPU E3-1240 v3 @ 3.40GHz

Same frequency 2550 MHz
    They both use HDD .

Hey, you are right. The I/O speeds are similar!

• ChuckChuck Member

Is it legal in the US for 1 person with 2 companies trying to scam people? Double jail time?

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@Chuck said:
    Is it legal in the US for 1 person with 2 companies trying to scam people? Double jail time?

You must be new to these parts.

At one point CC "ghost operated" a half dozen+ of their biggest resellers. That's only what we were able to pin point on vpsboard and such. In private i'm sure the number is much higher.

Then when the "owners" that were the fronts couldn't run the shop anymore they suddenly all got merged into CC to try to shelter them.

The big issue is that the LEB writers knew that it's the same guy, they're just needing to move inventory.

Francisco