Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subscribe to our newsletter

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com

Latest LowEndBox Offers

HiFormance scum is back with... - Page 3
    New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

HiFormance scum is back with...

Comments

• Oh, and even worse: vpsao.com uses a cert that was issued in february 2018. Judging by their comment about their whmcs license, they've taken over the website url about a month ago.

This means that the old company shared them their ssl cert. Pretty bad if you ask me.

Thanked by 1eol

I like my uptime down low and my servers all hacked. Can see me droppin' twenty-fours with a router in the rack.
      Ya like ya Switch-Ports hot and ya servers all hacked. If ya pings real high and ya networks pitch black.

• eoleol Member
      edited January 6

Good work.

EDIT2:

˙ɹǝuzʇǝɥ

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Provider

@teamacc said:
      Oh, and even worse: vpsao.com uses a cert that was issued in february 2018. Judging by their comment about their whmcs license, they've taken over the website url about a month ago.

This means that the old company shared them their ssl cert. Pretty bad if you ask me.

Just wondering.. what can you do with the private key if you dont have a way to intercept the traffic?

• @randvegeta said:

@teamacc said:
      Oh, and even worse: vpsao.com uses a cert that was issued in february 2018. Judging by their comment about their whmcs license, they've taken over the website url about a month ago.

Just wondering.. what can you do with the private key if you dont have a way to intercept the traffic?

Not much, although on older protocols you might've been able to decrypt traffic that you've already captured.

In any case, it's a very nasty practice.

I like my uptime down low and my servers all hacked. Can see me droppin' twenty-fours with a router in the rack.
      Ya like ya Switch-Ports hot and ya servers all hacked. If ya pings real high and ya networks pitch black.

• eoleol Member
      edited January 6

@teamacc said:
      Not much, although on older protocols you might've been able to decrypt traffic that you've already captured.

In any case, it's a very nasty practice.

Not much?
      You can trick the browser into downloading/trusting malware etc. ...

EDIT2:

˙ɹǝuzʇǝɥ

• mfsmfs Banned, Member
      edited January 6

teamacc said: That cert is valid for http://www.rcportfolio.com/

Mr_Tom said: https://hub.vpsao.com/ which is linked from the main "VPS" page

mfs said: RC Portfolio

it could be argued that RC Portfolio (at least in its current incarnation, it was used as a portfolio by someone with those initials in 2004 and again in 2014) didn't exist before 2018-10-26 since that's the date when that domain has been unparked and got its self-signed cert

EDIT2: added some elements

Thanked by 1eol

I've left LET, account made inactive on request.

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Provider

teamacc said: In any case, it's a very nasty practice.

Oh no doubt. But in practice, the risk is very small. You still need to capture the packets to decrypt them. But of course changing/updating the cert takes little time and so regardless of how small the risk, it should be done any way.

• @teamacc said:

If that’s the case they better audit all the code WHMCS and Solus for secret back doors.

• Just to bump this up another time, and to share some information:

My comment on LEB about how this company had an invalid license for whmcs never got published. Other comments that were made after I made mine were.

ColoCrossing (and hence deluxe.com) is censoring user comments on LEB to only leave you with the positive stuff, at least in the first 10 or so comments.

If this does shock you, good. If it does not, what the fuck do you think will happen to LET when they find out that we're all just hating on them?

• Daniel15Daniel15 Member
      edited January 7

teamacc said: ColoCrossing (and hence deluxe.com) is censoring user comments on LEB to only leave you with the positive stuff, at least in the first 10 or so comments.

I posted several comments about negative experiences with some providers (slow networks, no IPv6, sketchy refund policies), and they've never published any of them. However, they've always published neutral or positive comments I've written. The comments are very biased, and most of the negative comments seem to be on non-ColoCrossing hosts. I guess it's in their best interest to make ColoCrossing hosts sound good, but it means there's a huge conflict of interests.

Thanked by 1pepa65
    • NeoonNeoon Member

Well, that does not suprise me.
      They make money with that, so obviously if you get into that area, they censor your comments.

• I wish LowEndBox was owned by a neutral party that didn't have any conflict of interests.

• NeoonNeoon Member
      edited January 7

@Daniel15 said:
      I wish LowEndBox was owned by a neutral party that didn't have any conflict of interests.

Go to https://hostballs.com/ if you do not want to support Deluxe in general.
      Every post you do, keeps LET alive, if you want to kill it off, move away.

Thanked by 4tcp6 eol bugrakoc pepa65
    • MikePTMikePT Member, Provider

@Neoon said:

@Daniel15 said:
      I wish LowEndBox was owned by a neutral party that didn't have any conflict of interests.

HB is indeed a great alternative with no bullshit like this.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
    • Neoon said: Go to https://hostballs.com/ if you do not want to support Deluxe in general.

I'm already there (the forum is small enough that I could just get "Daniel" as the username :tongue:). There's some good content on this forum though, which is why I'm still here. Hostballs is a lot friendlier in general though... It does feel nicer than this forum.

Thanked by 1pepa65
    • tcp6tcp6 Member

@Neoon said:

@Daniel15 said:

What’s the common link between LEB and LET anyways? What do both sites share in common?

• @tcp6 said:

@Neoon said:

@Daniel15 said:

What’s the common link between LEB and LET anyways? What do both sites share in common?

Same owner, I think. LowEndTalk has always been the forum for LowEndBox.

• tcp6tcp6 Member

@Daniel15 said:

@tcp6 said:

@Neoon said:

@Daniel15 said:

Same owner, I think. LowEndTalk has always been the forum for LowEndBox.

So how come both sites (apparently) aren’t enforcing the same censorship “policy”?

• Seems like the admins are active on LowEndBox (since they need to post the new offers), but they're not active here. That and comment approval is enabled on LowEndBox, so all comments need to be approved by a moderator before they appear.

• Have a look at all the companies on LEB, they all use the Hostiko theme. Strange.
      http://designingmedia.com/wordpress/hostiko/

• @LeonDynamic said:
      Have a look at all the companies on LEB, they all use the Hostiko theme. Strange.

Not all.

Here's a nice excel overview thingy:

Note though that almost ALL colocrossing backed hosts run wordpress 4.9.9, which is at least 3 months out of date at the point of this comment.

• deankdeank Member
      edited January 7

@teamacc said:
      If this does shock you, good. If it does not, what the fuck do you think will happen to LET when they find out that we're all just hating on them?

We either migrate to Hostballs or make a new forum.

Thanked by 1eol

Select few always have issues.

• @teamacc looks like you’ve been doing some homework.

Is that spreadsheet up to date? Scary how they can’t put a bit of java in the footer to automatically update the year!

• teamaccteamacc Member
      edited January 7

@LeonDynamic said:
      @teamacc looks like you’ve been doing some homework.

Is that spreadsheet up to date? Scary how they can’t put a bit of java in the footer to automatically update the year!

I created this spreadsheet 2 days ago.

Thanked by 3eol tcp6 pepa65

• JohnMiller92JohnMiller92 Member
      edited January 7

I like hostballs. Jar, Hetzner rep, and Fransisco post there from what I've seen. And some other great providers. Would be cool if they had a official page of leb hosts or something (similar to how LEB is). Not sure, just thinking out loud.

I like LET (the community), but if they are censoring comments on LEB based on negative feedback.. that doesn't seem right to me

Thanked by 1pepa65
    • I think if you want a new forum I can just get one of them excellent deals from Umaxhosting like a 8GB OpenVZ and throw vanilla on it. Does anyone see any issues with this?

Thanked by 1t0m

I am only friends with people who have IPv6. I also don't have many friends 🙁

• teamaccteamacc Member
      edited January 7

@TheRealDeal said:
      vanilla
      issues

Right there.

Thanked by 1sanvit

• @teamacc said:

@TheRealDeal said:
      vanilla
      issues

Right there.

:smile:

I am only friends with people who have IPv6. I also don't have many friends 🙁

• eoleol Member

@deank said:

@teamacc said:

We either migrate to Hostballs or make a new forum.

New forum needs to have "Thanks" function though.

Thanked by 3edit2 tcp6 bugrakoc

˙ɹǝuzʇǝɥ

• Mr_TomMr_Tom Member
      edited January 7

eol said: New forum needs to have "Thanks" function though

And edit.

EDIT2: And edit2

Thanked by 4eol edit2 tcp6 uptime
    • eoleol Member
      edited January 7

@Mr_Tom said:

eol said: New forum needs to have "Thanks" function though

And edit.

And edit2.

EDIT2:
      Fixed.

Thanked by 1edit2

˙ɹǝuzʇǝɥ

• Mr_TomMr_Tom Member

Fixed ;)

Thanked by 1eol
    • ModsMods Member

Hostballs is pure, hosted on hetzner, not full of shitrodent CC shills.

@eol hetzner mentioned bud

Thanked by 1eol
    • NeoonNeoon Member

@Mods said:

Well, Hostballs is full of Hetzner addicts.

Thanked by 3muffin eol pepa65
    • ModsMods Member

@Neoon said:

@Mods said:

Well, Hostballs is full of Hetzner addicts.

Until hetzner start scamming people hetzner > CC. Simple maths randers

• deankdeank Member

@Mods said:
      Hostballs is pure,

What an era we live in.

Select few always have issues.

• ChuckChuck Member
      edited January 8

@teamacc said:

@LeonDynamic said:
      Have a look at all the companies on LEB, they all use the Hostiko theme. Strange.

Not all.

Here's a nice excel overview thingy:

Note though that almost ALL colocrossing backed hosts run wordpress 4.9.9, which is at least 3 months out of date at the point of this comment.

could be that all these companies are owned by 1 person from colocrossing? He/she is too lazy to update wordpress version for these companies.

could be the LowEndBox Mod/ admins also run by that colocrossing person.

I like what she said, not what it means.

• MasonRMasonR Member

@teamacc what version of WordPress does LEB run?

LowEndStorage | FreeMach - Free KVM Servers (LET Thread)
      Yet Another Bench Script (YABS) - Linux Server Benchmarking Script (dd/ioping, iperf, & Geekbench)

• LEB right now

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Provider

@wtfcook said:
      LEB right now

That's your...school I guess?

Francisco

BuyVM - Dedicated KVM Slices / Anycast Support! / Stallion Control Panel / Windows 2008, 2012, & 2016! / Unmetered Bandwidth!
      BuyShared - Shared & Reseller Hosting / cPanel + Softaculous + CloudLinux / Pure SSD! / Free Dedicated IP Address
    • Ah, it's because of OpenDNS. What's really funny is trying to access it from my phone.

• ChuckChuck Member

@wtfcook said:
      Ah, it's because of OpenDNS. What's really funny is trying to access it from my phone.

I guess facebook also should be blocked.

Thanked by 1eol

I like what she said, not what it means.

• dahartigandahartigan Member, Host Rep
      edited January 8

Maybe LEB has been detected as a phishing site because it kinda is one these days?

Edit: oh dear.. https://sitecheck.sucuri.net/results/Lowendbox.com

EDIT2:

@MasonR said:

4.9.9 see here https://sitecheck.sucuri.net/results/Lowendbox.com

Edit11: so it looks like opendns runs phish tank which have actually got leb marked as a phishing site.. Lol.

HostDoc representative | Purveyor of high quality potassium | "A KVM VPS with 64 IPs? Must be Evolution Host."

@dahartigan said:
      Maybe LEB has been detected as a phishing site because it kinda is one these days?

EDIT2:

@MasonR said:

Edit11: so it looks like opendns runs phish tank which have actually got leb marked as a phishing site.. Lol.

"Steals customers money".

Francisco

BuyVM - Dedicated KVM Slices / Anycast Support! / Stallion Control Panel / Windows 2008, 2012, & 2016! / Unmetered Bandwidth!
      BuyShared - Shared & Reseller Hosting / cPanel + Softaculous + CloudLinux / Pure SSD! / Free Dedicated IP Address
    • dahartigandahartigan Member, Host Rep

@Francisco said:

@dahartigan said:

EDIT2:

@MasonR said:

"Steals customers money".

Francisco

Well, if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck..

There's just so much mounting evidence that CC are involved in the scams.

HostDoc representative | Purveyor of high quality potassium | "A KVM VPS with 64 IPs? Must be Evolution Host."

• @MasonR said:

Plot thickens.

Thanked by 3eol MasonR dedotatedwam

• t0mt0m Member

So, apparently someone who has access to LEB’s backend and not LET’s backend to delete/moderate posts imo?

load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00

@teamacc said:

@MasonR said:

Plot thickens.

To be fair the latest is only 5.x, 4.9.9 is from mid December.

Francisco