Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HiFormance scum is back with... - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HiFormance scum is back with...

Comments

• @deank said:
    Has to scam few before he can pay for a license if that notion ever comes up in his mind.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@JohnMiller92 said:

@deank said:
    Has to scam few before he can pay for a license if that notion ever comes up in his mind.

I mean, they straight up said in their announcement they need to fill nodes and are willing to cut "wearhouse pricing" to do it.

They will get some suckers but how does a brand like this get approved to post 3 year deals?

If you want results, start throwing deluxe.com into the scam titles. Once the parent starts getting hurt, things might change.

Francisco

• HostSlickHostSlick Member, Patron Provider
    edited January 2019

Why not do "Lifetime" Packages? Those VPS will idle anyways After 1 year, maybe. If its not already deadpooled then. Lol.

Seems they've now bought a WHMCS license.

It's a real shame WHMCS doesn't have a wall of shame.

Francisco

• JabJab said: Mailing Address
    ATTN: Alan Gu
    42840 Christy St.
    Suite 112
    Fremont, CA 94538

I don't really know that much about USA building/naming schema, but I assume 'Suite 112' is dedicated for a rent "part" of Fremont Business Park, right?

I live relatively close by... Wonder if I should go down and see if they actually do have an office there. It does seem like it's not legit though, as the suite is currently listed as available for lease (ref http://fremontbusinesspark.com/pricing.html)

Thanked by 1eol
  • deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited January 2019

@Francisco said:

Fran_f04_2020

Either that, he read this thread.

• @Francisco said:

Francisco

Seems they are reading this forums.

Thanked by 1coreflux
  • How the fuck did LEB list this scam host without checking the whmcs license? It's like the number one giveaway of a scam when they pirate their own billing system lol.

Thanked by 1default
  • @dahartigan said:
    How the fuck did LEB list this scam host without checking the whmcs license? It's like the number one giveaway of a scam when they pirate their own billing system lol.

Did you check their IP space?

• @Letzien said:

@dahartigan said:
    How the fuck did LEB list this scam host without checking the whmcs license? It's like the number one giveaway of a scam when they pirate their own billing system lol.

Did you check their IP space?

Nope, I leave that to the detectives :)

Thanked by 1eol
  • trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

Francisco said: If you want results, start throwing deluxe.com into the scam titles. Once the parent starts getting hurt, things might change.

Likely they'd just kill the LET/LEB assets. Revenue from here is pocket change for them.

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

@trewq said:

Francisco said: If you want results, start throwing deluxe.com into the scam titles. Once the parent starts getting hurt, things might change.

Likely they'd just kill the LET/LEB assets. Revenue from here is pocket change for them.

I immediately thought this as well. Their marketing/adertising budget is likely several magnitudes more than the revenue from LowEnd land assets. The minute that they recognize this place is doing damage to their image is the minute this place's lights get turned off.

• Kevin_vpsAOKevin_vpsAO Member
    edited January 2019

Hello Everyone,

Firstly, I am not certain how we got tied up in this thread. However the reported issue has been fixed, see below:

For full transparency, the issue was that we did not receive the email notifications that our WHMCS bill was due. This was not an error on WHMCS's side, but on our side, as we recently took over the assets of vpsAO and did not update the vendor notification email for WHMCS. We were only a few days past due on the license, so it did not trigger any license suspensions on our side, so was not made aware of the fact the license was suspended till now.

We have sorted this out by updating the main email on file with whmcs.com/members and also set up a payment subscription to avoid this happening again.

I fully agree that if you are using a pirated version of WHMCS you should not be in business in the first place. I would like to state that never have we used a pirated version of WHMCS, and I am happy to send invoices/proof to any moderators, or you can contact WHMCS Support yourself to confirm that we have never ran a pirated install of WHMCS and that vpsao.com has been actively paying for a license even before now.

To address the other concern brought up regarding our company, Alan Gu is no longer with vpsAO since acquiring the company. We have now updated the contact information displayed on invoices, and thank you for bringing that up to our attention.

Lastly, if it was not already clear, then I would like to confirm we have no affiliation with the mentioned host in the topic, HiFormance.

Regards

Kevin - vpsAO
    [email protected]

• @Kevin_vpsAO said:
    Hello Everyone,

Firstly, I am not certain how we got tied up in this thread. However the reported issue has been fixed, see below:

For full transparency, the issue was that we did not receive the email notifications that our WHMCS bill was due. This was not an error on WHMCS's side, but on our side, as we recently took over the assets of vpsAO and did not update the vendor notification email for WHMCS. We were only a few days past due on the license, so it did not trigger any license suspensions on our side, so was not made aware of the fact the license was suspended till now.

We have sorted this out by updating the main email on file with whmcs.com/members and also set up a payment subscription to avoid this happening again.

I fully agree that if you are using a pirated version of WHMCS you should not be in business in the first place. I would like to state that never have we used a pirated version of WHMCS, and I am happy to send invoices/proof to any moderators, or you can contact WHMCS Support yourself to confirm that we have never ran a pirated install of WHMCS and that vpsao.com has been actively paying for a license even before now.

To address the other concern brought up regarding our company, Alan Gu is no longer with vpsAO since acquiring the company. We have now updated the contact information displayed on invoices, and thank you for bringing that up to our attention.

Lastly, if it was not already clear, then I would like to confirm we have no affiliation with the mentioned host in the topic, HiFormance.

Regards

Kevin - vpsAO
    [email protected]

Can you go on the record and state what your relationship to colocrossing is?

Thanked by 2eol Chuck
  • dahartigan said: Can you go on the record and state what your relationship to colocrossing is?

vpsAO.com has rented VPS nodes with them, as well as Psychz. vpsAO also has colocated equipment located in QuadraNet DC in Los Angeles, CA. This has always been the case for years, even when vpsAO was under previous management.

Thank you,

Kevin - vpsAO
    [email protected]

• @Kevin_vpsAO said:

dahartigan said: Can you go on the record and state what your relationship to colocrossing is?

vpsAO.com has rented VPS nodes with them, as well as Psychz. vpsAO also has colocated equipment located in QuadraNet DC in Los Angeles, CA. This has always been the case for years, even when vpsAO was under previous management.

Thank you,

Kevin - vpsAO
    [email protected]

Thank you. You must understand that at present ColoCrossing is promoting a lot of hosts that are scams, and the biggest red flag is a 3-yearly deal - which you're promoting. Along with the recent change of ownership, etc etc it just really looks like another scam and this community is at the end of it's tether and is on high alert.

@Kevin_vpsAO said:

dahartigan said: Can you go on the record and state what your relationship to colocrossing is?

Thank you,

Kevin - vpsAO
    [email protected]

To warm my cold, black, heart, could you provide a link to an IP address from either Quadranet or Psychz that has your SWIP/RWHOIS information on it?

Last I checked QN automagically pushes RWHOIS entries through their billing panel, and I'm pretty sure Psychz is pretty good about keeping SWIP/RWHOIS recent.

Francisco

Thanked by 4Letzien eol Chuck atomi
  • I just found something interesting... https://www.zhujiceping.com/30263.html

I'll quote the translation:

6th place : vpsao.com

Reason: Oversold is serious, mail is sent frequently, and it is too difficult after sale!

Any comment?

Thanked by 3eol Chuck coreflux
  • mfsmfs Banned, Member
    edited January 2019

Kevin_vpsAO said: This has always been the case for years

vpsao.com has been created on 2016-12-12, that's barely two years and two different managements since you're telling us that "Alan Gu" is no longer with you. This isn't reflected in your "about" page.
    I can't find your company on opencorporates.com or icis.corp.delaware.gov and as already noted, "RC Portfolio - 1209 N Orange St. - Wilmington, DE 19801" doesn't really tell us anything. We know you're claiming to be a Mr. Kevin, that's all.
    From domainbigdata we can see that the original registrant is Charles Brode, then in 2017-12-15 it was parked, then the current nameserver have been deployed on 2018-01-29. That would tumble down the activity of your business down to one year.

EDIT: typo

Thanked by 4eol Chuck coreflux pepa65
  • My bet: it's just a CC employee playing with you all. They created so many fake names for so many brands on LEB already...

Thanked by 3eol Chuck t0m
  • eoleol Member

@edit said:
    My bet: it's just a CC employee playing with you all. They created so many fake names for so many brands on LEB already...

This.

Thanked by 4tcp6 Chuck t0m coreflux
  • JohnMiller92JohnMiller92 Member
    edited January 2019

Something ain't right here, chief

• Is there any benchmark?

Thanked by 3eol Chuck t0m
  • @Kevin_vpsAO said:
    as we recently took over the assets of vpsAO and did not update the vendor notification email for WHMCS.

So, you own the brand for LESS than a month (WHMCS does monthly billing) and have a 3 year deal on LEB.

I dont see anything that could go wrong.

Thanked by 1Chuck
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

Smells like poo. Is poo.

Thanked by 2eol Chuck
  • teamaccteamacc Member
    edited January 2019

Also, you own the brand for less than a month, but you got your offer on LEB, whereas other providers (read: providers that do NOT lease colocrossing/deluxe.com equipment) have been waiting for over half a year to get listed.

No ulterior motive found on the side of the admins of LEB, who happen to be owned by colocrossing/deluxe.com

• Call me stupid but I might actually gamble $12 on this for a year to learn how to run a Tor relay. Ramnode is the only other host on LEB I found that allows Tor. If they wait 2-3 months before scamming, I will have gotten my moneys worth.

Thanked by 1eol
  • un1x said: Call me stupid but I might actually gamble $12 on this for a year to learn how to run a Tor relay. Ramnode is the only other host on LEB I found that allows Tor. If they wait 2-3 months before scamming, I will have gotten my moneys worth.

Go for it, but make sure to chargeback at the end, so we get something nice aswell.

• eoleol Member

@un1x said:
    Call me stupid but I might actually gamble $12 on this for a year to learn how to run a Tor relay. Ramnode is the only other host on LEB I found that allows Tor. If they wait 2-3 months before scamming, I will have gotten my moneys worth.

stupid.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

Man, we're considering Virmach and AlphaRacks to be 'trusted hosts' now?

Things have certainly gotten bad in the hosting industry.

Thanked by 3dahartigan eol netomx