Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subscribe to our newsletter

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com

Latest LowEndBox Offers

[Review] Cloudxtiny - Scam or a very shady provider.
    New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

[Review] Cloudxtiny - Scam or a very shady provider.

shaifulronishaifulroni Member
    edited January 2 in Reviews

On February 25th last year I've purchased a yearly VPS from @CloudxtnyHost for 3 GBP (Recurring). Offer link - https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/138472

Now today I've got an invoice for 4 GBP from them, said my service expired yesterday (Jan 1). Without much thought I've paid the invoice, thinking maybe it was a new year offer. Later I've found out the old invoice and the amount and other information.
    Order - https://i.imgur.com/S2vEa7s.png

I've opened a ticket to let them know if it was a mistake of some kind. But they told me they changed the package to semi-annually for 4 GBP (8 GBP annually now)!
    Ticket -
    https://i.imgur.com/coFUGg7.png
    https://i.imgur.com/o8Z0E1o.png
    https://i.imgur.com/XGZlRqi.png

So I've asked for a refund since the service I was offered is no longer valid and I don't want it. And they refused.

This review is not about how their service is. It's about how they scamming people showing one product then overcharged you by giving the same product for a higher price (Tripple).

Careful purchasing product from this provider and double check your invoice.

Edit: Checked email history from billing panel. No package upgrade notice there.
    https://i.imgur.com/HUzRZC6.png
    https://i.imgur.com/kTYuo9V.png

Comments

• eoleol Member

Thanks for providing screenshots.

˙ɹǝuzʇǝɥ

• XenosXenos Member
      edited January 2

Can any current or former Cloudxtiny customers confirm they received an email regarding the price increase?

• teamaccteamacc Member
      edited January 2

Oh boy, this was specifically addressed in the rules after speedykvm upped their "recurring" prices.

I hope @CloudxtnyHost enjoys a nice and long vacation courtesy of @doghouch

Specifically this section:

If you are found to be misleading customers or using ethically questionable practices that may result in financial loss to customers, your provider tag will be changed to a host_rep tag and you will not be able to post offers.

I like my uptime down low and my servers all hacked. Can see me droppin' twenty-fours with a router in the rack.
      Ya like ya Switch-Ports hot and ya servers all hacked. If ya pings real high and ya networks pitch black.

• sammsamm Member

Looks like scam to me.

• PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Moderator
      edited January 2

Well i removed their offer thread to start. Billing 2 months before services are even set to expire is a joke also. It looks like a scam and hard up for some quick cash. Just look at how many times they changed dc's in the last 2 yrs is a red flag also. I will reduce them to host rep for now.

• I've included the email history from billing panel. Only some network outage notice. Once there was more than 7 days outage I think.

• t0mt0m Member

@Xenos said:
      Can any current or former Cloudxtiny customers confirm they received an email regarding the price increase?

Just checked it. No e-mail regarding the price increase. Just the same experience as @shaifulroni 3GBP yearly back in 2017 and in 2018 an invoice for 4GBP semi-annually.

Thanked by 2eol Xenos

load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00

• UK1HostUK1Host Member, Provider

Oh dear...

UK1Host Quality UK Hosting Solutions || Web Hosting || Reseller Hosting || SSD VPS || Dedicated Servers || Domain Registration || SSL Certificates || Licensing

Opinions are my own and do not represent the views of my employer

• endritendrit Member

This is what their TOS states..if they did not follow their own TOS then not much to say, move on to another company.

• eoleol Member

@endrit said:
      This is what their TOS states..

TOS as in Terms Of Scam?

˙ɹǝuzʇǝɥ

• endritendrit Member

@eol said:

@endrit said:
      This is what their TOS states..

TOS as in Terms Of Scam?

in this case it sounds right.

Thanked by 1eol
    • @CloudxtnyHost what do you have to say?

Thanked by 1eol

grape

• WPFastest also do this kind of shit, in their reseller plan.

• ChuckChuck Member
      edited January 2

sounds like they party hard last year (probably pot/drug + hookers included). Now they're short of money.

is this guy the owner?

https://www.seattlemet.com/articles/2009/1/7/0208-skintrade

Thanked by 2Janevski eol

I like what she said, not what it means.

• JanevskiJanevski Member
      edited January 3

Bubba - teaching people the meaning of true, unconditional, love.

Thanked by 1eol

You are dreaming. | And it's a nightmare. | THE SECRET THREAD | THE TRUTH | HAVES YOU SEEN THIS YURA?

• I have similar today also :(

• eoleol Member

@exussum said:
      I have similar today also :(

Details?

˙ɹǝuzʇǝɥ

• CloudxtnyHostCloudxtnyHost Member, Host Rep

this not the case. I have shared the email with the moderator and If the OP is happy for me to and if the moderator is happy, I can share it with this thread.

I have no intention scamming anyone but if market conditions change you react. I am not saying this was perfectly executed but I definitely tried to be respectful.

I am sure we could have work this out in our support process instead of creating a thread just to shame someone for no reason.

Anyway. the proof is available and I sorry if the OP felt cheated but it was not the intention.

█ Cloudxtiny.co.uk - Shared Hosting and VPS Hosting
      █ Dedicated Servers | UK,US,DE Datacentres | 24x7 Support | Follow: Twitter: @CloudxtinyInc
    • eoleol Member

@CloudxtnyHost said:
      I have no intention scamming anyone...

Refund the OP then.

˙ɹǝuzʇǝɥ

• ChuckChuck Member
      edited January 3

@CloudxtnyHost said:
      this not the case. I have shared the email with the moderator and If the OP is happy for me to and if the moderator is happy, I can share it with this thread.

I have no intention scamming anyone but if market conditions change you react. I am not saying this was perfectly executed but I definitely tried to be respectful.

I am sure we could have work this out in our support process instead of creating a thread just to shame someone for no reason.

Anyway. the proof is available and I sorry if the OP felt cheated but it was not the intention.

so you're saying that it's ok to charge your customers more when they already paid for the services?

Let say, we agreed $20 on A gram of marijuana. but while I was smoking 0.5 gram, you wanted another $25?

• eoleol Member

Thanked by 2dahartigan hostdare

˙ɹǝuzʇǝɥ

@Chuck said:

@CloudxtnyHost said:

so you're saying that it's ok to charge your customers more when they already paid for the services?

Let say, we agreed $20 on A gram of marijuana. but while I was smoking 0.5 gram, you wanted another $25?

Actually its more like you finished smoking the gram marijuana and wanted another gram for the same price even though you were told the terms have changed.

now we can talk about why you did not recognise the terms have changed but that would be another topic.

█ Dedicated Servers | UK,US,DE Datacentres | 24x7 Support | Follow: Twitter: @CloudxtinyInc
    • eoleol Member

@CloudxtnyHost said:

@Chuck said:

@CloudxtnyHost said:

Actually its more like you finished smoking the gram marijuana and wanted another gram for the same price even though you were told the terms have changed.

now we can talk about why you did not recognise the terms have changed but that would be another topic.

That's not the way you will get out of this.

˙ɹǝuzʇǝɥ

@eol said:

@CloudxtnyHost said:
      I have no intention scamming anyone...

Refund the OP then.

I would have been happy to come to an arrangement with the OP but instead he chose to cause me further reputation damage of which I have been punished before my side of the story was heard. Surely some mutual respect would have been nice?

Anyway I have reached out again via our support portal. I really hope we can close this case soon.

Thanked by 1eol

@eol said:

@CloudxtnyHost said:

@Chuck said:

@CloudxtnyHost said:

That's not the way you will get out of this.

I am not trying to get out of anything. I am trying to explain the facts using an illustration you understand.

Thanked by 1eol
    • ChuckChuck Member
      edited January 3

https://i.imgur.com/S2vEa7s.png

Feel free to Google "Recurring", "Annually" definition.

Thanked by 1Janevski

• eoleol Member

People have reported there were no previous emails or notices of any price increase whatsoever.

˙ɹǝuzʇǝɥ

• t0mt0m Member

@eol said:
      People have reported there were no previous emails or notices of any price increase whatsoever.

That’s the only thing to blame Cloudxtiny for. I got the services I paid for, but didn’t recognized the slightly higher renewal price one year later myself. I hope Cloudxtiny can work things out with the OP. I’m fine with it.

Thanked by 1eol

load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00

• After reading all
      -1 dislike for CloudxtnyHost
      add to my blacklist

Thanked by 1eol
    • eoleol Member

@muffin said:
      If you -1 dislike, that’s a +1 like

˙ɹǝuzʇǝɥ

• dahartigandahartigan Member, Host Rep

Cloudxtiny used to be good when it was httpzoom but it turned to shit after that. The support was useless and they've been on my shit list ever since. I don't doubt this guy is trying to scam people. Recurring means it's recurring, you can't increase the price. At least not to LET customers, are you freakin' insane man?

HostDoc representative | Purveyor of high quality potassium | "A KVM VPS with 64 IPs? Must be Evolution Host."

• wtfcookwtfcook Member
      edited January 3

Another one to add to the providers to stay away from. \o/ Good thing there are so many others.

Edit: Considering the responses from the provider in the support ticket in the screenshots, the OP has every reason and right to post here. The provider does not get to use the same reply over and over and not expect the OP to just accept the outcome, especially when it is 2 months early and there was no communication about the change form the looks of it. You deserve the bad reputation and publicity @CloudxtnyHost

• I don't think I've reacted too early. I've tried to resolve the issue with the ticket first. After failing to do so, I just wanted to let the community know, not to make the mistake that I did. Sorry I've opened a dispute request with my card provider. But I think everyone will understand why I did that. I'll be happy if @CloudxtnyHost refund me and direct me on how to resolve this.

• @CloudxtnyHost said:

@Chuck said:

@CloudxtnyHost said:

Are you high? They agreed on terms and then the dealer wanted $25 MIDWAY through the purchase. NO FUCKING NOTICE.

That explains why you did price increase WITHOUT NOTICE, against your agreed upon 30 days in your very own terms.

Holy shit dude, you're digging a hole.

You whined about not being able to show your side, but dude, you've failed at providing a valid excuse for shitty business dealings.

• WTF. Today I've logged in and found out the price increase mail in the billing panel email history, which definitely wasn't there yesterday. @PieNotEvenEaten asked me to check email history and I did add the screenshots later in the main post. Now today this happened -
      https://i.imgur.com/SS9TTq6.png

The previous one (Also in the main post) - https://i.imgur.com/HUzRZC6.png

I don't know what to say.

• almost....just almost got my money!

relentless collector of highest clocked, highest performing KVM/NVMe/Gbit VPSes at the most competitive rates. just to hard idle them. zero knowledge on coding/programming; a mere hobbyist.

• @shaifulroni said:
      WTF. Today I've logged in and found out the price increase mail in the billing panel email history, which definitely wasn't there yesterday. @PieNotEvenEaten asked me to check email history and I did add the screenshots later in the main post. Now today this happened -

Any other providers able to comment on if they are able to backdate a message in the email history? @Francisco @AnthonySmith @Abdullah @Ishaq @AlexBarakov @HostDoc . Sorry to ping you all but it would help maybe resolve this.

• edit2edit2 Member

This is what happens when you allow anyone to have a provider tag. Enjoy I guess, more to come...

Thanked by 1eol

• I just learnt of this price increase here. No e-mail or notice anywhere.

Here are some of my favourite e-mail quotes from Uptime Robot:

The monitor CloudxTiny (185.167.xxx.xxx) is back UP (Port Is Listening) (It was down for 137 hours, 57 minutes and 18 seconds).

The monitor CloudxTiny (185.167.xxx.xxx) is back UP (Port Is Listening) (It was down for 201 hours, 25 minutes and 3 seconds).

And now 8GBP for a 96MB VPS which rarely works, and with no notice? Fuck that, CloudxTiny.

Learn the word: recurring, and own your fuck up, twat.

Thanked by 1kkrajk
    • hostdarehostdare Member, Provider

eol said: eol

not everybody is Indian and cannot understand that meme but it is popular in India

Thanked by 1eol

HostDare - One of the cheapest and coolest providers online! :) | Our premium unmanaged vps plans | Cheap Shared Hosting

• @hostdare said:

eol said: eol

not everybody is Indian and cannot understand that meme but it is popular in India

You able to tell us if messages can be back dated in the email history?

• @shaifulroni said:
      WTF. Today I've logged in and found out the price increase mail in the billing panel email history, which definitely wasn't there yesterday. @PieNotEvenEaten asked me to check email history and I did add the screenshots later in the main post. Now today this happened -

Check id of the message and compare with previous message and message after that..

• dahartigandahartigan Member, Host Rep
      edited January 3

@shaifulroni said:

And there is the smoking gun. This is a legitimate scam here boys. @Mods cart this scam provider outta here.

Thanked by 1kkrajk

HostDoc representative | Purveyor of high quality potassium | "A KVM VPS with 64 IPs? Must be Evolution Host."

• @shaifulroni said:

Ho Lee Shit.

I like my uptime down low and my servers all hacked. Can see me droppin' twenty-fours with a router in the rack.
      Ya like ya Switch-Ports hot and ya servers all hacked. If ya pings real high and ya networks pitch black.

• FAT32FAT32 Member, Moderator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@teamacc said:
      Ho Lee Shit.

Thanked by 2dahartigan eol

Perhaps, some dreams can only be dreams.

• So, they claim that about 3 months into a yearly, recurring deal they sent an email which was never actually sent, about them increasing price by more than double, now at 8/year for a 96mb vps.

Meanwhile, they now offer a 128mb vps for 6/year.

These guys need about 267% of a ban.

• JanevskiJanevski Member
      edited January 3

@shaifulroni said:

This. This is so juicy... Well, then, it's quite clear.

teamacc said: Meanwhile, they now offer a 128mb vps for 6/year.

Oh my...

You are dreaming. | And it's a nightmare. | THE SECRET THREAD | THE TRUTH | HAVES YOU SEEN THIS YURA?

• ChuckChuck Member

@dahartigan said:

@shaifulroni said:

And there is the smoking gun. This is a legitimate scam here boys. @Mods cart this scam provider outta here.

Nah. I think OP has Doctored the photo. It's time to hire lowendDigitalForensicAnalyst.