Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Review] Cloudxtiny - Scam or a very shady provider.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[Review] Cloudxtiny - Scam or a very shady provider.

shaifulronishaifulroni Member
edited January 2019 in Reviews

On February 25th last year I've purchased a yearly VPS from @CloudxtnyHost for 3 GBP (Recurring). Offer link - https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/138472

Now today I've got an invoice for 4 GBP from them, said my service expired yesterday (Jan 1). Without much thought I've paid the invoice, thinking maybe it was a new year offer. Later I've found out the old invoice and the amount and other information.
Order - https://i.imgur.com/S2vEa7s.png

I've opened a ticket to let them know if it was a mistake of some kind. But they told me they changed the package to semi-annually for 4 GBP (8 GBP annually now)!
Ticket -
https://i.imgur.com/coFUGg7.png
https://i.imgur.com/o8Z0E1o.png
https://i.imgur.com/XGZlRqi.png

So I've asked for a refund since the service I was offered is no longer valid and I don't want it. And they refused.

This review is not about how their service is. It's about how they scamming people showing one product then overcharged you by giving the same product for a higher price (Tripple).

Careful purchasing product from this provider and double check your invoice.

Edit: Checked email history from billing panel. No package upgrade notice there.
https://i.imgur.com/HUzRZC6.png
https://i.imgur.com/kTYuo9V.png

Comments

• eoleol Member

Thanks for providing screenshots.

• XenosXenos Member
    edited January 2019

Can any current or former Cloudxtiny customers confirm they received an email regarding the price increase?

• teamaccteamacc Member
    edited January 2019

Oh boy, this was specifically addressed in the rules after speedykvm upped their "recurring" prices.

I hope @CloudxtnyHost enjoys a nice and long vacation courtesy of @doghouch

Specifically this section:

If you are found to be misleading customers or using ethically questionable practices that may result in financial loss to customers, your provider tag will be changed to a host_rep tag and you will not be able to post offers.

• Looks like scam to me.

• PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep
    edited January 2019

Well i removed their offer thread to start. Billing 2 months before services are even set to expire is a joke also. It looks like a scam and hard up for some quick cash. Just look at how many times they changed dc's in the last 2 yrs is a red flag also. I will reduce them to host rep for now.

• I've included the email history from billing panel. Only some network outage notice. Once there was more than 7 days outage I think.

• t0mt0m Member

@Xenos said:
    Can any current or former Cloudxtiny customers confirm they received an email regarding the price increase?

Just checked it. No e-mail regarding the price increase. Just the same experience as @shaifulroni 3GBP yearly back in 2017 and in 2018 an invoice for 4GBP semi-annually.

Thanked by 2eol Xenos
  • Neil-SFNeil-SF Member, Host Rep

Oh dear...

• Here we go again

• This is what their TOS states..if they did not follow their own TOS then not much to say, move on to another company.

• eoleol Member

@endrit said:
    This is what their TOS states..

TOS as in Terms Of Scam?

• @eol said:

@endrit said:
    This is what their TOS states..

TOS as in Terms Of Scam?

in this case it sounds right.

Thanked by 1eol
  • @CloudxtnyHost what do you have to say?

Thanked by 1eol
  • WPFastest also do this kind of shit, in their reseller plan.

• ChuckChuck Member
    edited January 2019

sounds like they party hard last year (probably pot/drug + hookers included). Now they're short of money.

is this guy the owner?

https://www.seattlemet.com/articles/2009/1/7/0208-skintrade

Thanked by 2Janevski eol
  • JanevskiJanevski Member
    edited January 2019

Bubba - teaching people the meaning of true, unconditional, love.

Thanked by 1eol
  • I have similar today also :(

• eoleol Member

@exussum said:
    I have similar today also :(

Details?

• CloudxtnyHostCloudxtnyHost Member, Host Rep

this not the case. I have shared the email with the moderator and If the OP is happy for me to and if the moderator is happy, I can share it with this thread.

I have no intention scamming anyone but if market conditions change you react. I am not saying this was perfectly executed but I definitely tried to be respectful.

I am sure we could have work this out in our support process instead of creating a thread just to shame someone for no reason.

Anyway. the proof is available and I sorry if the OP felt cheated but it was not the intention.

• eoleol Member

@CloudxtnyHost said:
    I have no intention scamming anyone...

Refund the OP then.

• ChuckChuck Member
    edited January 2019

@CloudxtnyHost said:
    this not the case. I have shared the email with the moderator and If the OP is happy for me to and if the moderator is happy, I can share it with this thread.

I have no intention scamming anyone but if market conditions change you react. I am not saying this was perfectly executed but I definitely tried to be respectful.

I am sure we could have work this out in our support process instead of creating a thread just to shame someone for no reason.

Anyway. the proof is available and I sorry if the OP felt cheated but it was not the intention.

so you're saying that it's ok to charge your customers more when they already paid for the services?

Let say, we agreed $20 on A gram of marijuana. but while I was smoking 0.5 gram, you wanted another $25?

• eoleol Member

Thanked by 2dahartigan hostdare

@Chuck said:

@CloudxtnyHost said:

so you're saying that it's ok to charge your customers more when they already paid for the services?

Let say, we agreed $20 on A gram of marijuana. but while I was smoking 0.5 gram, you wanted another $25?

Actually its more like you finished smoking the gram marijuana and wanted another gram for the same price even though you were told the terms have changed.

now we can talk about why you did not recognise the terms have changed but that would be another topic.

• eoleol Member

@CloudxtnyHost said:

@Chuck said:

@CloudxtnyHost said:

Actually its more like you finished smoking the gram marijuana and wanted another gram for the same price even though you were told the terms have changed.

now we can talk about why you did not recognise the terms have changed but that would be another topic.

That's not the way you will get out of this.

@eol said:

@CloudxtnyHost said:
    I have no intention scamming anyone...

Refund the OP then.

I would have been happy to come to an arrangement with the OP but instead he chose to cause me further reputation damage of which I have been punished before my side of the story was heard. Surely some mutual respect would have been nice?

Anyway I have reached out again via our support portal. I really hope we can close this case soon.

Thanked by 1eol

@eol said:

@CloudxtnyHost said:

@Chuck said:

@CloudxtnyHost said:

That's not the way you will get out of this.

I am not trying to get out of anything. I am trying to explain the facts using an illustration you understand.

Thanked by 1eol
  • ChuckChuck Member
    edited January 2019

https://i.imgur.com/S2vEa7s.png

Feel free to Google "Recurring", "Annually" definition.

Thanked by 1Janevski
  • eoleol Member

People have reported there were no previous emails or notices of any price increase whatsoever.

• t0mt0m Member

@eol said:
    People have reported there were no previous emails or notices of any price increase whatsoever.

That’s the only thing to blame Cloudxtiny for. I got the services I paid for, but didn’t recognized the slightly higher renewal price one year later myself. I hope Cloudxtiny can work things out with the OP. I’m fine with it.

Thanked by 1eol
  • After reading all
    -1 dislike for CloudxtnyHost
    add to my blacklist

Thanked by 1eol