Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Next location for IRoute.io - Poll
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Next location for IRoute.io - Poll

MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

Hi guys

What location(s) would you like to see on IRoute.io to host your emails? We already have Dallas, USA

As a thank you here is a 50% recurring coupon applicable on any of our plans including reseller plans, paid annually: 2019poll.

Thanks guys!

Future locations
  1. Choose the next location117 votes
    1. Germany, EU
      53.85%
    2. UK, EU
      29.91%
    3. Other, please specify in the comments.
      16.24%

Comments

• deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited January 2019

Luna, the home of ET.

Thanked by 3MikePT eol Letzien
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@deank said:
    Luna, the home of ET.

Latency would be too high but totally worth it...

• I don't use any E-Mail hosting service but if I did I'd Germany is a good location when it comes to privacy standards so it's probably attractive for E-Mail hosting?

Switzerland, too ofc.

Thanked by 2MikePT coreflux

@Ympker said:
    I don't use any E-Mail hosting service but if I did I'd Germany is a good location when it comes to privacy standards so it's probably attractive for E-Mail hosting?

Switzerland, too ofc.

Didn't think of Switzerland, nice one.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • Switzerland could be really nice! :cookie:

@BBTN said:
    Switzerland could be really nice! :cookie:

I will see what we can do. Hw is more expensive there but does sound good!

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • North Korea

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • Singapore

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • Sydney, Australia

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • Toronto, Canada; not Montreal since it'd be just OVH again

Thanked by 1MikePT

@FlamesRunner said:
    Toronto, Canada; not Montreal since it'd be just OVH again

I sort of dislike OVH tbh... 😁

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

What I use in Switzerland: https://www.exoscale.com/

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • Taken from a swiss host which sums up why it's attractive nicely @MikePT :

Switzerland is renowned for its strict laws and regulations on privacy and data protection that make it impossible for any third party including authorities to get access to a web hosting provider's data, unless a formal request is filed by a prosecutor, who is investigating a client in particular. At the federal level, the collection and use of personal data is regulated by the Federal Act on Data Protection. Additionally, each canton in Switzerland has a cantonal Data Protection Act in place. There's hardly any other country in the world with a matching grade of privacy protection at the political level.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • FHRFHR Member, Host Rep
    edited January 2019

MikePT said:
    UK, EU

not for long

• eoleol Member

Germany, Earth.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • wasnt the issue with switzerland that they have good laws to protect their own citizens, but foreigners (and hence foreign companies) are SOL?

@jar said:
    What I use in Switzerland: https://www.exoscale.com/

Interesting. Thank you @jar, never heard of Exoscale. Seems to be very complete feature wise.

@Ympker said:
    Taken from a swiss host which sums up why it's attractive nicely @MikePT :

Switzerland is renowned for its strict laws and regulations on privacy and data protection that make it impossible for any third party including authorities to get access to a web hosting provider's data, unless a formal request is filed by a prosecutor, who is investigating a client in particular. At the federal level, the collection and use of personal data is regulated by the Federal Act on Data Protection. Additionally, each canton in Switzerland has a cantonal Data Protection Act in place. There's hardly any other country in the world with a matching grade of privacy protection at the political level.

Thanks. Yeah I can see why its attractive. I will explore our options there.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @MikePT said:

@Ympker said:

Traffic/Colocation is super expensive there though :S

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited January 2019

@jar I somewhere on LET read that their traffic pricing is a bit odd so just to confirm:
    Is the first TB outbound really "included"/free without additional charge to the monthly price meaning only exceeding external traffic will be billed?

On one hand side it says:

Free first 1 TB outbound to Internet,
    after 0.0182 EUR / GB**

But then later it says that only 1,42GB output bw is included.

How does bandwidth billing work?
    The bandwidth is billed hourly and takes in account the number of machines running during the last one-hour period. Effectively, there are 1.42 GB of output bandwidth for free per machine.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • @Ympker said:
    @jar I somewhere on LET read that their traffic pricing is a bit odd so just to confirm:
    Is the first TB outbound really "included"/free without additional charge to the monthly price meaning only exceeding external traffic will be billed?

after 0.0182 EUR / GB**

The bandwidth is billed hourly and takes in account the number of machines running during the last one-hour period. Effectively, there are 1.42 GB of output bandwidth for free per machine.

That is the hourly figure.

Thanked by 2Ympker MikePT
  • @teamacc said:

@Ympker said:

after 0.0182 EUR / GB**

That is the hourly figure.

Ah so if I go for say the monthly 5€/mo plan 1TB external traffic is included? Thanks for the headsup I was kinda confused :)

@Ympker said:

@MikePT said:

@Ympker said:

Yeah and SSD space too. Ouch.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @MikePT said:

@Ympker said:

@MikePT said:

@Ympker said:

Yeah and SSD space too. Ouch.

Check your pm :)

Thanked by 1MikePT

Guys,

Thank you for participating in the poll. It looks like Germany won so that will be our next location. We will open it as soon as we fill a bit more our Dallas location.

The 50% coupon will expire in two days. Feel free to use it as you need. Applies for reseller packages as well.

Once again, thank you guys! ❤️

Thanked by 1eol
  • You can't spell MikePT without nETcuP.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • China

Thanked by 1MikePT

@Letzien said:
    You can't spell MikePT without nETcuP.

MikeET, tm!

@laoban said:
    China

Wouldnt do that as the law there is just too crazy for us to understand. I have no idea how to run an email service there with all the laws they have in place though.

• Mr_TomMr_Tom Member, Host Rep

Either UK or any EU location. From a business point of view I'd say UK (as I deal with UK businesses) but from a personal point of view, anywhere in the EU.

Thanked by 1MikePT