Hetzner Cloud: Is it possible to upload custom ISOs?
New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

Hetzner Cloud: Is it possible to upload custom ISOs?

rsyncsrsyncs Member
edited November 7 in Providers

Do the Hetzner Cloud plans (CX*1) offer the ability to upload & deploy custom ISOs, as you can do with Vultr and other big players on the market? I couldn't find anything about it in their knowledge base, and I'd like to know whether it's possible before I get one.

Comments

  • You can use a custom ISO. They have a list available. If you wanted to load a custom ISO that is not available in the list, you may have to email them and I think they'll be able to add it for you. The best is the contact their support.

  • eoleol Member

    I think you could use the rescue system also to slip in a custom os.

    Thanked by 1gol3m
  • smilesmile Member

    should contact support regardless to see the response time. I do this everytime I consider a provider and has never failed me in making the right decision.

    Looking to add some Black Friday specials under 20 euro year. PM me.
    Affiliate links: Cloudcone Virmach

  • @eol said:
    I think you could use the rescue system also to slip in a custom os.
    @sysamy said:
    You can use a custom ISO. They have a list available. If you wanted to load a custom ISO that is not available in the list, you may have to email them and I think they'll be able to add it for you. The best is the contact their support.

    Thanks, I saw they bill per hour and therefore tried it out myself.

    @smile said:
    should contact support regardless to see the response time. I do this everytime I consider a provider and has never failed me in making the right decision.

    Thank you for the hint. That's a good idea.

  • I also wanted to slip a rescue cd in it so I don't have to use their ancient rescue cd. Unfortunately I don't see it possible from their Wiki document.

Sign In or Register to comment.