Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hetzner Cloud: Is it possible to upload custom ISOs?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hetzner Cloud: Is it possible to upload custom ISOs?

rsyncsrsyncs Member
edited November 2018 in Providers

Do the Hetzner Cloud plans (CX*1) offer the ability to upload & deploy custom ISOs, as you can do with Vultr and other big players on the market? I couldn't find anything about it in their knowledge base, and I'd like to know whether it's possible before I get one.

Comments

• You can use a custom ISO. They have a list available. If you wanted to load a custom ISO that is not available in the list, you may have to email them and I think they'll be able to add it for you. The best is the contact their support.

Thanked by 1Janevski
  • I think you could use the rescue system also to slip in a custom os.

Thanked by 1gol3m
  • should contact support regardless to see the response time. I do this everytime I consider a provider and has never failed me in making the right decision.

• @eol said:
    I think you could use the rescue system also to slip in a custom os.
    @sysamy said:
    You can use a custom ISO. They have a list available. If you wanted to load a custom ISO that is not available in the list, you may have to email them and I think they'll be able to add it for you. The best is the contact their support.

Thanks, I saw they bill per hour and therefore tried it out myself.

@smile said:
    should contact support regardless to see the response time. I do this everytime I consider a provider and has never failed me in making the right decision.

Thank you for the hint. That's a good idea.

• I also wanted to slip a rescue cd in it so I don't have to use their ancient rescue cd. Unfortunately I don't see it possible from their Wiki document.

• @sysamy said:
    You can use a custom ISO. They have a list available. If you wanted to load a custom ISO that is not available in the list, you may have to email them and I think they'll be able to add it for you. The best is the contact their support.

That's BS, quite frankly.

• necro

• @Janevski said:

@sysamy said:

That's BS, quite frankly.

Holy necro

Also: @sysamy is long gone

Thread closed

Thanked by 1kait
This discussion has been closed.