Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Aruba's €1 VPS is gone?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Aruba's €1 VPS is gone?

Just wanted to try my luck with a random location but it seems to be no more.

Comments

• Dearest v3nilla,

I can not say you are missing out on much. There are still many providers offering a much higher quality service at a similar price. With these providers you know what you will be given as well. I have used Aruba and was very disappointed in their service. In my opinion it is much better to spend a little more for service light years ahead of Aruba. Aruba's plan now at 2.79 is simply not worth the price. I would recommend Scaleway or Hetzner if you are looking for a service similar, in EU datacenters.

With Warm Regards,
    James B Peach

• MrHMrH Member

@v3nilla said:
    Just wanted to try my luck with a random location but it seems to be no more.

https://www.arubacloud.pl

Thanked by 1v3nilla
  • @jamespeach said:
    Dearest v3nilla,

There are still many providers offering a much higher quality service at a similar price.

So, would you mind sharing those even better deals?

• I'm still see an offer and ability to order at aruba control panel for 1EUR at random location. It's a reseller account, so maybe it's a matter. :) They're are OK for 1 EUR vps for sure...

• RossGRossG Member, Host Rep

Hasn't that been gone for over a year?

• @GnuHost_Ross said:
    Hasn't that been gone for over a year?

You're thinking of Vultr $2.50/mo w/ IPv4.

• @jamespeach What kind of issues did you exactly faced with ArubaCloud? I recently decided to go with them for a certain project and when I was testing their starter plan it felt pretty solid to me. It would be great if you can tell me why I should stay away from ArubaCloud.

Thanks.

• Then Aruba is gone.

@wa44io4
    Last time I tried, they had poor IP reputation. Even if you do not send emails from their Ips, you will be blocked by many providers.

Now their prices are less competitive comparing to other options in the same locations.

• ArubaCloud works fine especially for that money, FR1 and UK1 locations (Equinix DC) are the best

• Prime404Prime404 Member
    edited October 2018

To be honest, the 1 euro per month deal was very unsustainable and I bet that's the reason they discontinued it. Though, they still offer somewhat similar deals on their eastern European sites.

• DazzleDazzle Member
    edited October 2018

Dearest James Peach @jamespeach,

We want a list of similar providers alternative to Aruba but on the same price.

Sincerely,
    Dazzle

• @tsoft I have tested their IP Address (of my VM) against 10+ blacklist checker and none of them shows anything wrong / negative at all.

Also, this doesn't seems bad at all (so far) -

Thanked by 1coreflux
  • @wa44io4 said:
    @tsoft I have tested their IP Address (of my VM) against 10+ blacklist checker and none of them shows anything wrong / negative at all.

Also, this doesn't seems bad at all (so far) -

Yes it was verry hard to beat what aruba offered for 1 euro, actually impossible for everyone so from there comes the jealousy of other providers :tongue:

Thanked by 1wa44io4
  • their uk ones are amaaazzzzziiinnnngggggg. Their italy ones are meh.

• wa44io4wa44io4 Member
    edited October 2018

@Daverno Actually maybe there's many providers in LET who can provide better offers but most of them are not suitable for real production usage. This may hurt many people / providers but please note that I am telling this from my personal point of view.

• @wa44io4 said:
    @Daverno Actually maybe there's many providers in LET who can provide better offers but most of then are not suitable for real production usage. This may hurt many people / providers but please note that it's just my personal point of view.

True there are hosts with better offers but not about that specific offer, find me an provider that matches the 1 euro aruba vps 🙃

• tsoft said: Last time I tried, they had poor IP reputation. Even if you do not send emails from their Ips, you will be blocked by many providers.

Aruba does remain the only provider I've blocked by ASN thus far.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • How about the existing €1 VPS on IT1, they get more expensive too?

I have one since a year or so. No problem at all. All smooth. Fast too.

However, for €2.79 I may move to ..... not sure... Hetzner, Netcup, Contado..

• @Damian said:

tsoft said: Last time I tried, they had poor IP reputation. Even if you do not send emails from their Ips, you will be blocked by many providers.

I blocked the whole China.

• @wa44io4 said:
    I have tested their IP Address (of my VM) against 10+ blacklist

Which location?
    Test there https://hetrixtools.com/

I've tried the UK location and everything appears in random blacklists :(
    But probably they have cleaned the networks.

• @creep said:

@Damian said:

tsoft said: Last time I tried, they had poor IP reputation. Even if you do not send emails from their Ips, you will be blocked by many providers.

I blocked the whole China.

On an unrelated note: if everyone blocked EU addresses, they’d be forced to come back and apologize for being so power hungrrrrry.

• I have one in DE datacenter,if you want,i can sell it to you just 1 EUR

• @tsoft nothing either -

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited October 2018

No, they don't have poor ip reputation. The opposite. If you have anything to backup your claim, please elaborate. Also, a "dirty" ip wll affect ONLY email deliverability. What does this "blocked by many provider" mean?
    Please, don't post crappy opinions with false statements...

k2775739 said: I have one in DE datacenter,if you want,i can sell it to you just 1 EUR

VPS cannot be transferred except if you give out the entire account with your details...

jamespeach said: I can not say you are missing out on much. There are still many providers offering a much higher quality service at a similar price. With these providers you know what you will be given as well. I have used Aruba and was very disappointed in their service. In my opinion it is much better to spend a little more for service light years ahead of Aruba. Aruba's plan now at 2.79 is simply not worth the price. I would recommend Scaleway or Hetzner if you are looking for a service similar, in EU datacenters.

This @jamespeach had already open a thread bashing Aruba with false statements. https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/149858/arubacloud-review
    He was incapable to understand their panel that everybody else can and, somehow, this is an Aruba fault and not his incapability. He claimed that they advertising hourly billing when they do not, they clearly state monthly billing. He didn't even try the product because he created on accident a vps and deleted it, no usage, no benchmarks, no nothing. And he come back after 4 months to bash them again without even having tried a vps from them.
    Can you please tell us when u used Aruba and why did you get very disappointed in their service, please?

I use 3 locations of Aruba €1/m vps and, for the price and specs, I am more than happy! Good performance, clean ips (the one is being used as a mail server), great uptime, nice speeds.

Thanked by 1coreflux
  • tsofttsoft Member
    edited October 2018

@jvnadr said:
    If you have anything to backup your claim, please elaborate

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/81266/stupid-unprofessional-staff-at-arubacloud

Enough?

• jvnadr said: No, they don't have poor ip reputation. The opposite.

I have three Aruba VPS (UK, DE, IT). Two (DE, IT) have poor IP reputations. Example applying /24 mask: http://www.spamrats.com/lookup.php?ip=86.105.52.1

This is a Worst Offender Alert and this means that not only this IP address, but the whole class 'C' is also on the indicated SpamRats List.

Second example: http://www.spamrats.com/bl?80.211.157.1

However, apart from the poor IP reputation I've been very pleased - the reliability has been excellent for a couple of years and price/performance is good.

• @jvnadr said:
    Also, a "dirty" ip wll affect ONLY email deliverability.

For example, if you point A record to such "dirty" IP, your emails will be rejected even if you send them from mailgun, sendgrid and so on.

Imho, Clouvider it the cleanest network in the UK. And much faster than Aruba. They have routing issues in some locations.

• @tsoft said:

@jvnadr said:
    Also, a "dirty" ip wll affect ONLY email deliverability.

For example, if you point A record to such "dirty" IP, your emails will be rejected even if you send them from mailgun, sendgrid and so on.

Imho, Clouvider it the cleanest network in the UK. And much faster than Aruba. They have routing issues in some locations.

Clouvider isn't 1 euro though.

• @tsoft why are we comparing things with @Clouvider ? They are not even similar type of provider and what @jvnadr meant by that is if you don't use your VPS for any type of emailing at all then you have no downside. Now don't tell me all type of projects requires emailing.

• sezingsezing Member, Host Rep

Quite a time has passed since they increased their 1€ plan price. It was a really good price though. If anyone knows good plan with the same price I might try them.