Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

AlphaVPS - OVZ and KVM Promotions | Dedicated from 25EUR | 2x E5 @45EUR
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

AlphaVPS - OVZ and KVM Promotions | Dedicated from 25EUR | 2x E5 @45EUR

AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

AlphaVPS
AlphaVPS - offering affordable, yet reliable, OpenVZ and KVM, Virtual Private Servers for everyone.

Here are 16 reasons why you should choose us:
- Founded in 2013, from people with strong knowledge and experience in the web hosting and IT-related services
- Registered company within the EU, with number 202826767, under the name DA International Group Ltd. in Bulgaria
- In-house support team, based in our office in Troyan, Bulgaria
- 24/7/365 Support with prompt and straight answers, without any filler responses
- Live chat sales and support, during EU business hours. Phone support available as well.
- Very affordable and competitive pricing
- Only top-grade server hardware used
- Rock solid stability and performance
- Unbelievably good network
- Superb uptime
- 72 hour, no questions asked, refund policy on VPS offerings (Unless resources were abused or a server suspend occurred)
- Completely transparent on power, network, infrastructure or node issues, and great communication during planned or unplanned downtimes.
- Operating own network - AS203380
- IPv6 ready network with IPv6 assigned by default (Excluding LA)
- Choice of many locations - Bulgaria, Germany, United Kingdom, and USA (NY and LA)
- GDPR ready

You can view our special Promotions HERE !

OpenVZ Special Promotional Offers in 5 locations:

1G - 1GB RAM - 2 Shared CPU cores | 15GB SSD | 1TB BW - 3EUR/m or 12EUR/y - ORDER
2G - 2GB RAM - 2 Shared CPU cores | 25GB SSD | 1TB BW - 4EUR/m or 20EUR/y - ORDER
4G - 4GB RAM - 4 Shared CPU cores | 30GB SSD | 1TB BW - 5EUR/m or 30EUR/y - ORDER
6G - 6GB RAM - 4 Shared CPU cores | 30GB SSD | 1TB BW - 6.30EUR/m or 63EUR/y - ORDER

Dedicated servers in Sofia, Bulgaria:

Intel Xeon E3-1230 | 8GB DDR3 | 10TB BW | 2x300GB SAS - 35.00EUR/m - ORDER
Intel Xeon E3-1230 | 8GB DDR3 | 10TB BW | 1x2TB HDD - 40.00EUR/m - ORDER
Intel Xeon E3-1230 | 8GB DDR3 | 10TB BW | 128GB SSD - 35.00EUR/m - ORDER

2x Intel Xeon L5630 | 16GB DDR3 | 10TB BW | 1TB HDD - 25EUR/m - ORDER
2x Intel Xeon L5630 | 16GB DDR3 | 10TB BW | 2TB HDD - 30EUR/m - ORDER
2x Intel Xeon L5630 | 16GB DDR3 | 10TB BW | 128GB SSD - 25EUR/m - ORDER
2x Intel Xeon L5630 | 16GB DDR3 | 10TB BW | 256GB SSD - 30EUR/m - ORDER

2x Intel Xeon E5-2450L | 16GB DDR3 | 10TB BW | 128GB SSD - 45.00EUR/m - ORDER
2x Intel Xeon E5-2450L | 16GB DDR3 | 10TB BW | 1TB HDD - 45.00EUR/m - ORDER

2x Intel Xeon E5-2630L | 16GB DDR3 | 10TB BW | 2TB HDD - 65.00EUR/m - ORDER

Network information:
- Sofia, Bulgaria @ Telepoint DC - http://lgbg.alphavps.bg - Native IPv6 available
- London, United Kingdom @ London Enfield 1 facility and Telehouse 2 - DDOS Protected - http://lguk.alphavps.bg - Native IPv6 available
- New Jersey, USA @ Choopa's facility in NYC Metro. - DDOS Protected - http://lgny.alphavps.bg - Native IPv6 available
- Nuremberg, DE - DDOS Protected - http://lgde.alphavps.bg - Native IPv6 available
- Los Angeles, USA @ ColoCrossing - http://lgla.alphavps.bg - IPv6 not available

Comments

• psb777psb777 Member

AlexBarakov said: AlphaVPS - OVZ and KVM Promotions | Dedicated from 25EUR | 2x E5 @45EUR

Where are the KVM Promotions?

Thanked by 1Irbyz
  • edited July 2018

Can you tell us what you actually have in stock? Surprised to find something I ordered was "out of stock": Dual E5-2450L-1TB 45 euro. Offered more pricey 2x Intel Xeon E5-2630L at 65 euro as a replacement... At best, this is just miscommunication and not posting out of stock on this offered thread. At worst, this is also known as "bait and switch": https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bait-and-switch.

I already paid via Paypal subscription, so I just have to wait now.

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

@HowLowCanYouGo said:
    Can you tell us what you actually have in stock? Surprised to find something I ordered was "out of stock": Dual E5-2450L-1TB 45 euro. Offered more pricey 2x Intel Xeon E5-2630L at 65 euro as a replacement... At best, this is just miscommunication and not posting out of stock on this offered thread. At worst, this is also known as "bait and switch": https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bait-and-switch.

I already paid via Paypal subscription, so I just have to wait now.

Indeed, I've offered a better spec'd server, for higher price, which, however was available for immediate deployment, while the E5-2450L was going to be available early next week, within our 5 business day delivery window. Anyway, you was refunded shortly after requesting it. Can't see this Bait And Switch in any way.

• @AlexBarakov said:
    Can't see this Bait And Switch in any way.

This is troubling if you don't understand what bait & switch is. The exact definition of bait & switch what you did. I ordered and paid for a server that you later told me was out of stock. Instead of giving me a refund, or a better server for the same price, you offered me a different server that cost more. If you had offered me the different server for the same price, I might have taken you up on the offer because I am after the CPU primarily for distributed computing and TB storage for STORJ, SIA, or FLIXXO. You did offer the same server later on, but I feel that is too late and frankly, a response to this post and what I wrote to you in the ticket about bait & switch.

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

@HowLowCanYouGo said:

@AlexBarakov said:
    Can't see this Bait And Switch in any way.

This is troubling if you don't understand what bait & switch is. The exact definition of bait & switch what you did. I ordered and paid for a server that you later told me was out of stock. Instead of giving me a refund, or a better server for the same price, you offered me a different server that cost more. If you had offered me the different server for the same price, I might have taken you up on the offer because I am after the CPU primarily for distributed computing and TB storage for STORJ, SIA, or FLIXXO. You did offer the same server later on, but I feel that is too late and frankly, a response to this post and what I wrote to you in the ticket about bait & switch.

The later offer you received at lower price was due an overstock, which is already sold out. You was refunded shortly after denying the initial offer we made towards you.

Reading the definition you posted above, I can not see where you're pressured to buy anything. We've ran out of stock shortly before you ordered it. I've offered a higher spec'd configuration at 20EUR above, which was available for immediate deployment, as I had the impression you was after fast deployments, due other related tickets. Also, mentioning we are going to restock the same configuration you've ordered in some days, offering you to wait. Then you requested a refund, which was processed in a couple of hours - no denying, no trying to 'upsell' you anything or change your mind in any way. I've simply informed you that we're out of stock and order will be delayed.

I am genuinely sorry you feel this way, but there's nothing else I can do here. Good luck with everything.

• edited July 2018

no trying to 'upsell' you anything

Don't you realize that I paid 45€ via PayPal to rent a server is the initial order? Your 'upsell' is selling something you do not have and then offering 65€ server because (in your words) "it's usually a preferred option". If you are out of stock, maybe you could update the Offers post so customers know you do not have a product in stock.

You run your business how you want. I'm not going to change your mind. I've run my own business and been a consumer long enough to know what "bait and switch" is when I experience it.

You know, a simple apology would have taken care of this, but your senseless defense of the situation just made me upset to the point I'm cancelling all my servers with you.