Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for backups? Check out BackupDragon.com (Budget backups starting at $7.50/Year)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for backups? Check out BackupDragon.com (Budget backups starting at $7.50/Year)

KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

Hello LET family, we've noticed a lot of requests for backup solutions over the past few months so we decided to dust off the first domain we ever purchased and put it to good use. Now I know we're not the cheapest on the block, but our goal was to offer another option out there and hopefully we fit the needs of some of you looking for some quick and reliable storage. We basically looked at our own requirements for our personal backups and this is what we came up with: https://BackupDragon.com/

We offer backup services in all shapes and sizes from FTP/rsync accounts to KVM VPSs which are all hosted in our Tampa, Florida data center (100% owned hardware and network). All services come with a 99.9% Uptime SLA and a 30 Day Money Back Guarantee.

FTP/rsync Accounts Starting @ $7.50/Year

• 50GB to 1000GB of RAID5 protected storage
  • Unmetered 1Gbps Port (Shared)
  • FTP, SFTP, SCP, and rsync are all enabled for each account
  • Your storage is enclosed in it's own jailed container for added security

Budget Backup VPSs Starting @ $9/Year

• 256MB RAM+vSwap
  • 1 vCPU Core
  • 50GB of RAID5 protected storage
  • 500GB of Bandwidth @ 1Gbps
  • NAT IPv4 + /64 IPv6 Block
  • OpenVZ Powered By Wyvern

Advanced Backup VPSs Starting @ $2.99/Month

• 256MB RAM+vSwap
  • 2 vCPU Cores
  • 25GB of RAID5 protected storage
  • 500GB of Bandwidth @ 1Gbps
  • 1 Dedicated IPv4 + /64 IPv6 Block
  • OpenVZ Powered By Wyvern

Premium Storage VPSs Starting @ $5.99/Month

• 512MB RAM
  • 2 vCPU Cores
  • 250GB of RAID50 protected storage
  • 10TB of Bandwidth @ 1Gbps
  • 1 Dedicated IPv4 + /64 IPv6 Block
  • KVM Powered By Wyvern

See something you like? Head on over and place an order!

For those of you who don't know us or forgot about us, Secure Dragon LLC. was formed in October of 2010 and has been offering quality services since 2011. We are a fully registered Limited Liability Company with the Florida Department of State Division of Corporations and we obtain our IPs directly from ARIN (AS54561). We own all of our hardware and IP addresses while also providing our own custom VPS control panel named Wyvern.

Want to test out our networks? Check out our looking glass here: Drgn.biz

Have a question? We have a vast Knowledge Base where we try to answer all of your questions so feel free to check it out and search around: KB

Do you offer 24x7 support? We're not staffed 24x7, but to get an idea of our average response times on tickets we have it listed on our front page to see the average of our last 10 tickets.

How can I pay you? We accept payments via Paypal, Credit Card (Stripe), and Bitcoin (BitPay payments are non-refundable and can take up to 2 hours to process).

Do you offer any other discounts or coupons? There are some floating around, enjoy the hunt!

Can I run _____? Check our AUP for more details: AUP

Comments

• FredQcFredQc Member
    • Budget backup 50GB
    • Advanced backup 25GB

What?

• edited June 2018

@FredQc said:

• Budget backup 50GB
    • Advanced backup 25GB

What?

NAT vs dedicated IP

Thanked by 1emgh
  • KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

@rajprakash said:

@FredQc said:

• Budget backup 50GB
    • Advanced backup 25GB

What?

NAT vs dedicated IP

This. :)

• KuJoe said: This. :)

One day I'll have to stop by and check you out. I'm over here in West Palm Beach!

• yongsikleeyongsiklee Member, Patron Provider
    edited June 2018

I bought a dell r610 for $290, dual x5650, 32gb ram, 500gb ssd for my home server last year.
    It just works-stable as hell. No monthly fees to pay for. So happy. But for a budget minded minimum backup, this solution could work.

@yongsiklee said:
    I bought a dell r610 for $290, dual x5650, 32gb ram, 500gb ssd for my home server last year.
    It just works-stable as hell. No monthly fees to pay for. So happy. But for a budget minded minimum backup, this solution could work.

Always have off-site backups, local backups are nice but if your data is important have multiple backups in geographically diverse locations across different hardware/software. I have a few NASes locally, but for every local backup I have of my data I make sure to back the same data up in at least 4 off-site locations in different countries just to be safe.

• @yongsiklee said:

??? Isn’t the service oriented towards people who want to store backups of VPSes, etc.?

@doghouch said:

@yongsiklee said:

??? Isn’t the service oriented towards people who want to store backups of VPSes, etc.?

It's for all types, which is why we offer various services. For example, my dad and I both use the FTP/rsync service for automated backups of our home NASes (Synology).

Thanked by 1doghouch
  • seanhoseanho Member

Thumbs up for offering a cheap scp/rsync plan, thanks @KuJoe!

• FredQcFredQc Member

@KuJoe said:

@rajprakash said:

@FredQc said:

• Budget backup 50GB
    • Advanced backup 25GB

What?

NAT vs dedicated IP

This. :)

Ah, completed missed this :P

• KuJoe said: FTP/rsync Accounts Starting @ $7.50/Year

Can this be used to backup my cPanel account on shared host?

• This is like any NAT VPS? -> "Budget Backup VPSs Starting" ... Really good price

• williewillie Member

To save people hunting around, the interesting plan for storage junkies is this one:

https://securedragon.net/clients/cart.php?a=confproduct&i=0

1000GB, unlimited gbit xfer, ftp/scp/rsync, raid-5, $12.50/month.

Thanked by 2vimalware beagle
  • @KuJoe said:

@doghouch said:

It's for all types, which is why we offer various services. For example, my dad and I both use the FTP/rsync service for automated backups of our home NASes (Synology).

Thanks for clarifying! Will definitely pick one up to test :)

• ariq01ariq01 Member

@willie said:
    To save people hunting around, the interesting plan for storage junkies is this one:

https://securedragon.net/clients/cart.php?a=confproduct&i=0

1000GB, unlimited gbit xfer, ftp/scp/rsync, raid-5, $12.50/month.

Where is add to card order link?

• williewillie Member

I think you just click continue.

Sofia_K said: Can this be used to backup my cPanel account on shared host?

Yes it can. You can backup your cPanel account using FTP (faster, but insecure) or SCP (slower, but more secure).

• FredQcFredQc Member

willie said: 1000GB, unlimited gbit xfer, ftp/scp/rsync, raid-5, $12.50/month.

But... but you can get an ARM server with 4x storage for less ?

/s

FredQc said: But... but you can get an ARM server with 4x storage for less ?

Oh man, I've been wanting to setup a few hundred TB of ARM powered storage for a long time... I love my ARM CPUs so much! :D

Thanked by 1FredQc
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

yongsiklee said: I bought a dell r610 for $290, dual x5650, 32gb ram, 500gb ssd for my home server last year.

It just works-stable as hell. No monthly fees to pay for.

about 90% sure that costs more in power p/month alone to run 24x7 than this offer :)

Thanked by 1netomx
  • IonSwitch_StanIonSwitch_Stan Member, Host Rep
    edited June 2018

about 90% sure that costs more in power p/month alone to run 24x7 than this offer :)

Assuming $0.12/kWh, and the R610 using 150 watts idle, it will consume $13.39 a month of electricity, or slightly more than the 1TB Backup Account.

• sinsin Member

Awesome! Just picked one of the $7.50/year accts and logged in via SFTP, works great! It's perfect to rsync my website backups to, thanks @KuJoe

edited June 2018

@IonSwitch_Stan said:

Assuming $0.12/kWh, and the R610 using 150 watts idle, it will consume $13.39 a month of electricity, or slightly more than the 1TB Backup Account.

If you want a server for a pure back solution, this offer looks good.

But I do a lot more things on my r610 now with additional drives being used as backups, VMs, storage servers. The electricity has been added for about $15 monthly.
    The server initially came with 2X5680s which caused fan being too loud. I sold them for $100 in ebay and bought 2X5650s for $48 and installed and I can even sleep by it. The two problems with r610 are I cannot install 3.5 drive in it and it cannot recognize sata with over 2 tb per bay (it can SAS but it is more expensive). I am still pretty happy and playing with it everyday. :-)

• IonSwitch_StanIonSwitch_Stan Member, Host Rep

The two problems with r610 are I cannot install 3.5 drive in it and it cannot recognize sata with over 2 tb per bay

Sounds like you have a perc6i controller? If you swapped in a H200 (non-raid, about $25?) or H700 (raid, $40?) you could use larger disks. Just keep in mind that you need a H700i (internal) to use in the internal storage PCI port (ie, the that isnt exposed at the rear of the server).

edited June 2018

Sorry. duplicated posts.....

edited June 2018

duplicated...

edited June 2018

duplicated posts.

@yongsiklee said:

@yongsiklee said:

@yongsiklee said:

@IonSwitch_Stan said:

The two problems with r610 are I cannot install 3.5 drive in it and it cannot recognize sata with over 2 tb per bay

Sounds like you have a perc6i controller? If you swapped in a H200 (non-raid, about $25?) or H700 (raid, $40?) you could use larger disks. Just keep in mind that you need a H700i (internal) to use in the internal storage PCI port (ie, the that isnt exposed at the rear of the server).

I am using h700 but the manual says it supports >2tb on SAS only (I tried a 5 tb sata but only 2 tb was recognized on h700)
    I might have to update the firmware to see if that could do the trick.

edited June 2018

duplicated posts. Sorry.

@yongsiklee said:

@IonSwitch_Stan said:

I am using h700 but the manual says it supports >2tb on SAS only (I tried a 5 tb sata but only 2 tb was recognized on h700)
    I might have to update the firmware to see if that could do the trick.

Just updated the firmware. Now I see 4.6 tb instead of 2 tb.