Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Download fast but upload very slow on server
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Download fast but upload very slow on server

jazz1611jazz1611 Member
edited June 2018 in Help

Hello,

I'm facing issues with upload speed. My server are download very fast (fully speed 1Gbps) but upload speed just 3-7Mbps to same location of DC. DC checked on my server and tell issues from configure network but i was checked the configure network is fine. So, really i don't know the issues come from configure network or from DC. My server are running CentOS 7.5 with Virtualizor KVM. Anyone have facing this issues? And what solution for this? Thank you!

Regards,

Comments

• LyphiardLyphiard Member, Host Rep

Are the results you posted from the KVM or from the node itself? Have you tried using a different speedtest server?

• @Lyphiard said:
    Are the results you posted from the KVM or from the node itself? Have you tried using a different speedtest server?

Both. Yes, i tried many other server but always get less 10Mbps for upload speed

• jazz1611jazz1611 Member
    edited June 2018

I was rebooted twice for network work again if network show this. Should i disable IPv6 on interface network? https://imgur.com/a/IihCxgJ

• mkshmksh Member

Wild guess: Try lowering mtu?

• williewillie Member
    edited June 2018

jazz1611 said: Anyone have facing this issues? And what solution for this?

You're on a shared port and the upload side is overloaded while the download side is very lightly loaded, because most people use servers for serving rather than downloading. There's no real solution. Paying a lot more for bandwidth can help but isn't a sure bet. There can be bottlenecks on the other end as well, such as from home ISPs.

• I have seen similar issues to this a couple of times in the past with various offloading options on virtio. It's worth a try disabling checksum offloading, TCP segment offloading and large segment offloading on the virtual NIC if enabled and seeing if that makes any difference.