Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com
GreenValueHost 250GB SSD Cached HDD, UNMETERED 300MBPS BW, 4GB RAM = $5/m - OCTOBER SALE!!
New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

GreenValueHost 250GB SSD Cached HDD, UNMETERED 300MBPS BW, 4GB RAM = $5/m - OCTOBER SALE!!

You're just in time for GreenValueHost's LowEndTalk Special of the Month for October! For a limited time only, we are offering the below plan for only $5.00 per month (Paid monthly)

  • 250GB SSD Cached/Accelerated RAID-10 Disk Space
  • Unmetered Bandwidth (300mbps Port)
  • 3072MB Guaranteed RAM
  • 4096MB Burstable RAM
  • 1 IPv4 Address (Additional IPs are available for cheap in bulk w/ justification, just ask!)

** FIRST 10 ORDERS WILL RECEIVE AN EXTRA IP ADDRESS FREE OF CHARGE !! **

VPS Features

  • Dallas, Texas Location
  • OpenVZ Virtualization
  • Intel Xeon E3-1240v3 CPUs
  • SolusVM VPS Control Panel
  • INSTANT Activation

Ready to order? Here's the order link: https://secure.greenvaluehost.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=160

Questions? Questions? Please feel free to contact us by replying to this thread or by submitting a ticket to our sales department.

«1

Comments

  • That's a very good deal, how in the world would you profit from that?

    I have a feeling someone will answer my question with the usual "oversold" remark..

  • Is streaming allowed?

  • @ATHK said:
    That's a very good deal, how in the world would you profit from that?

    I have a feeling someone will answer my question with the usual "oversold" remark..

    ToS
    Resource Usage
    Users may not:
    Use 10% or more of CPU resources for longer then 60 seconds (Applies to Virtual Servers ONLY)

  • @ATHK said:
    That's a very good deal, how in the world would you profit from that?

    I have a feeling someone will answer my question with the usual "oversold" remark..

    You'd be surprised at the rates for our hardware and IPs that we're able to attain.

    @albertdb If it's not prohibited by our Terms of Service it's allowed however please keep in mind that we do have CPU resource limitations.

  • @GreenValueHost ToS Resource Usage Users may not: Use 10% or more of CPU resources for longer then 60 seconds (Applies to Virtual Servers ONLY)

    What does this mean? 10%?

  • @chauffer said:
    GreenValueHost ToS Resource Usage Users may not: Use 10% or more of CPU resources for longer then 60 seconds (Applies to Virtual Servers ONLY)

    What does this mean? 10%?

    Of the CPU resources available to you, you're allowed to use 10%. In OpenVZ, CPU Cores are shared.

  • @GreenValueHost it seems just silly to me, you can't do much with 10% for less than a minute.

  • jnguyenjnguyen Member
    edited October 2013

    @chauffer said:
    GreenValueHost it seems just silly to me, you can't do much with 10% for less than a minute.

    We're not very strict on the "60 seconds" clause. As long as you don't cause an issue affecting all clients on the node, you're fine.

  • @GreenValueHost that's better. :)

  • @GreenValueHost
    Got only one IP mate. Did I miss it?

  • @GreenValueHost said:
    Of the CPU resources available to you, you're allowed to use 10%. In OpenVZ, CPU Cores are shared.

    Why you do not assign 10% of each core in OpenVZ? It's pretty easy to "abuse" your service with that ToS.

  • jnguyenjnguyen Member
    edited October 2013

    @albertdb said:
    Why you do not assign 10% of each core in OpenVZ? It's pretty easy to "abuse" your service with that ToS.

    We prefer to be lenient until the time comes when we have to be strict with limitations.

    @Kupol - Extra IPs have not yet been processed as of yet, I'll let everyone know once it's all set.

  • Extra IPs have been assigned to those who qualify

  • unfair cos i just ordered your
    "September $5 5DAY LET SPECIAL (TX)" on9.26

    no ssd-cache
    only 200mbps
    only150g hd
    no extra ip

    you said that's 5 days only before9.30

    can you upgrade mine to your
    "OCTOBER SALE" offer?


    http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/13942/limited-time-only-5-special-150gb-disk-unmetered-bw-3gb-ram-ny-or-texas-offer-expires-on-30th

  • @ynzheng said:
    unfair cos i just ordered your
    "September $5 5DAY LET SPECIAL (TX)" on9.26

    no ssd-cache
    only 200mbps
    only150g hd
    no extra ip

    you said that's 5 days only before9.30

    can you upgrade mine to your
    "OCTOBER SALE" offer?


    http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/13942/limited-time-only-5-special-150gb-disk-unmetered-bw-3gb-ram-ny-or-texas-offer-expires-on-30th

    No, sorry

  • Since August I am using a VPS in their Dallas location. After some issues I am now quite happy with it!

    However when I ordered a VPS in their New York location last week, they where not able to set the correct time on the host, it is off about 4 hours (changing the timezone on the VPS doesn't change that...). This prevents many applications from running properly.
    In a support ticket Mr. Nguyen doesn't want to fix it, quote: "If you need to set your own custom time, please order a dedicated server."

    Thanked by 2rm_ Inglar
  • @GreenValueHost said:
    No, sorry

    so sad

  • @GreenValueHost do you use Incero?

  • @GreenValueHost Which datacentre?

  • ** Intel Xeon E3-1240v3 CPUs**

    Come on your going to kill it. Best of luck though....

  • alexvolkalexvolk Member
    edited October 2013

    @GreenValueHost said:
    No, sorry

    I hope that was a joke.

    Trying to be positive and friendly :)

  • @chauffer - No we don't use Incero.

  • @GreenValueHost Do you have a refund policy?

    Which datacenter are you using?

  • itgodsitgods Member
    edited October 2013

    Here's a small "benchmark".

    wget freevps.us/downloads/bench.sh -O - -o /dev/null|bash CPU model : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1240 v3 @ 3.40GHz Number of cores : 4 CPU frequency : 3400.000 MHz Total amount of ram : 4096 MB Total amount of swap : 0 MB System uptime : 18 min, Download speed from CacheFly: 98.0MB/s Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 57.6MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 95.8MB/s Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 8.09MB/s Download speed from i3d.net, NL: 918KB/s Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 741KB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 5.95MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 23.8MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 26.7MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 32.7MB/s I/O speed : 133 MB/s

    Fixed CPU frequency.

  • jnguyenjnguyen Member
    edited October 2013

    @chauffer - Yes we do. 45 Days Money Back. We use Colo4Dallas.

  • @GreenValueHost if I'm not satisfied by the performance, can I expect a refund? I'm interested in this offer but I am quite unsure about how well it will go.

  • can i still have free ip even if i sign up now? just noticed your post now

  • collo4dallas has good memories for me. my previous dead host was using that dc before they closed down :(

  • I have received One Extra IP

  • @chauffer - If you request a refund within 45 days of your original purchase, Yes of course.

    @whosting - Sure, better hurry though.

  • ordered one but only 31.2 MB of 512 MB Used

  • @GreenValueHost How much does it take to provision?

  • jnguyenjnguyen Member
    edited October 2013

    @ynzheng said:
    ordered one but only 31.2 MB of 512 MB Used

    I don't have any idea of what you're trying to say. Could you please clarify?

    @chaffer - Instant.

  • @itgods said:
    Here's a small "benchmark".

    wget freevps.us/downloads/bench.sh -O - -o /dev/null|bash CPU model : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1240 v3 @ 3.40GHz Number of cores : 4 CPU frequency : 3400.000 MHz Total amount of ram : 4096 MB Total amount of swap : 0 MB System uptime : 18 min, Download speed from CacheFly: 98.0MB/s Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 57.6MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 95.8MB/s Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 8.09MB/s Download speed from i3d.net, NL: 918KB/s Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 741KB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 5.95MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 23.8MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 26.7MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 32.7MB/s I/O speed : 133 MB/s

    Fixed CPU frequency.

    Nice but bandwidth to Europe seems poor. Thats my primary market so I'm thinking twice about this.

  • albertdbalbertdb Member
    edited October 2013

    @GreenValueHost Can you provide a 100MB test file? Thanks.

  • @GreenValueHost Invoice #1646, mind checking?

  • @Ruchirablog - If you submit a ticket I can arrange this plan for you in New York.

  • @chauffer - You didn't enter in valid hostnames for your VPSes so therefore they couldn't be instantly activated. I'll put ".server.com" at the end of all your entered hostnames and process them now.

  • why this

    "If you request a refund and cancellation you can't order again for another 30 days. "

    @GreenValueHost said:
    chauffer - Yes we do. 45 Days Money Back. We use Colo4Dallas.

  • my new ordered vps has only 512m ram
    not 3G ram

    @GreenValueHost said:
    chaffer - Instant.

  • jnguyenjnguyen Member
    edited October 2013

    @chauffer - No problem, welcome aboard!

    @ynzheng - That's there to protect US from being "ripped off".

    No, your VPS has 4GB of RAM, not 512MB. I can provide a screenshot if you'd like to you but I can't post it here because it would include your hostname and we need to protect the privacy of our clients. If you see 512MB please open a ticket with a screenshot and we'll look into it.

  • IP Location: United States Williamsville End Of Reality Dfw
    ASN: AS36352 AS-COLOCROSSING - ColoCrossing (registered Dec 12, 2005)

  • hosted by US Department of Defense Network
    Hosting: US Department of Defense Network

  • itgodsitgods Member
    edited October 2013

    Mh, my VPS is down. Anyone else? :D

  • yes my also down

  • @GreenValueHost what happened? My 3 VPSs are offline as well.

  • itgodsitgods Member
    edited October 2013

    GreenValueHost 5:41PM

    Test IP 96.8.114.68

    The test ip is now a seed box, very interesting. :)

  • And it's back online. But I don't think that this is a good start for me with a new VPS..

  • Several VPSes on the node have been hit offline for some reason, we're investigating it now.

Sign In or Register to comment.