Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[HostSolutions.ro] Improvement Needed
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[HostSolutions.ro] Improvement Needed

Hi there LET people,

I have a VPS from BlackFriday 2017 offer in LET. But it has been offline for half-month (maybe more as it comes to my attention late). Normally, I can start the VPS myself from the CP, but in this case I cannot do that. So I have tried to talk with the support, but as usual late reply.

No, I don't want to rant or angry because of their late reply (as they also defend themselves for not putting any deadline to reply any ticket). I also don't want to rise dispute for this, as I have used it for 4 months prior.

This is just a notice to others that are going to use HostSolutions for productive usage to be AWARE with their support.

Following is my conversation with their support :

As you can see, I have been very generous and patience with them. :)

I hope they won't come again with a defend that their ticketing system cannot notify them as what happened early of this year in this very LET forum.

Beware as they always have very tempting offers.

Comments

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited May 2018

Well until recently there was also a mention on their website promising 15 minutes response time to Tickets so there's that :P

Edit

Never mind it's still there ( https://hostsolutions.ro/eng/contact-hostsolutions ), even after I have pointed it out in the last thread and @cociu said this won't apply but he hasn't fixed it either it seems. It's just one line of code/text you need to edit, come on! Do you really wanna trick your customers or are you just that lazy?

Thanked by 1Lee
  • water is wet, grass is green.

• The hungarian translation clearly says "Minimum response time is 15 minutes", not maximum. I don't think he really had time to focus on the site yet.

• williewillie Member

Hmm, mine is working but says it was rebooted 9 days ago, no idea.

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited May 2018

A strong gust of wind would cause something to break at this provider.

• LeviLevi Member
    edited May 2018

From my experience:

Good

• Bought 2 dedicated servers. Provision was fast ~15 minutes
    • They use https://www.noc-ps.com/ so maybe in future there will be more automation

Bad

• Constant problems with WHMCS access. Probably due to DDoS problems
    • Slow support, 24 - 72 hours between each reply
    • No IPMI
    • Crap default OS configs. Specially network side. You must manually tune-up your network device to reach 100 Mbps full speed

Personally I just shutdown my servers after 3 days and let them die at the end of billing cycle. It was so unbearable even for dev/test. For my taste that was to low-end.I rather pay more and get a bit better service than torture my nerves with slowness and basic problems.

• Guys... Why no one has spotted this yet? A kernel problem on a OpenVZ server?

@cociu do you mind to explain how you managed to see the VPS "up" when Proxmox was clearly telling you that it failed to start?

btw. "it's something from the inside of console" reminds me of The Upside Down from Stranger Things aka the scary place that you should never visit.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

Production on such cheap servers, really ? One would need a thread to know it can’t be relied on?

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

Personally I don't know how providers can leave tickets unanswered for a week. Especially to trivial questions like this (new VPS paid/free yes/no, transfer data yes/no). Do you have 5 thousands of open tickets that you can't answer them all in a day, or even a week? (Really?)

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
    edited May 2018

@rm_ said:
    Personally I don't know how providers can leave tickets unanswered for a week. Especially to trivial questions like this (new VPS paid/free yes/no, transfer data yes/no). Do you have 5 thousands of open tickets that you can't answer them all in a day, or even a week? (Really?)

It depends. If answering a ticket already put the provider in or near a loss territory then it’s hard to see how they could provide a better service.

• kbapkbap Member

I thought he hired some guys to do the support few months ago (around the fsck issue)?

• sibapersibaper Member

beware he might call you idiot

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@Clouvider said:

Very nice and instructive diagram ;)

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • cociucociu Member

JUST TO POINT THIS AND I HOPE FINNALY SOME OF YOU WILL UNDERSTAND : WHEN I TOLD DO NOT UPGRADE TO NEW LINUX DISTRO I TELL THIS FOR SOMETHING. In my case is clear , the OP came here to complain about our delay but is forgott to mention this vps was broke once was update. I am not there to justif me or something , but when one is think is more "smart" and is still try after xxxx time when i have repedted the same is happened what is happened.

Thanked by 2doughmanes mksh
  • cociucociu Member

serverfood said: serverfood

you have a full refound from my part , just pm please with your email. Case close.

Thanked by 1doughmanes
  • cociucociu Member

abut improvement , yes we work in this , nobody have told we are perfect.

• sibapersibaper Member

lol

• JoeMeritJoeMerit Veteran

another evil distro upgrader!!! when will they learn

Thanked by 3rm_ lazyt maverickp
  • Wow, reading this thread was like watching a movie with a plot twist. I still hope for a happy ending.

• ShazanShazan Member, Host Rep

@JoeMerit said:
    another evil distro upgrader!!! when will they learn

LOL

• jvnadrjvnadr Member

@cociu Just a proposal: you maybe could write in bold letters in client's area, that this kind of server cannot be upgraded to a newer distro/kernel or else, the client is responsible for any downtime and support after that will be minimal/none. Maybe this could minimize such cases.
    After that, any claim from a client will not be legitimate, because he will brake the terms of service.
    Just my 2c

Thanked by 1doughmanes
  • JoeMeritJoeMerit Veteran

just stop buying OpenVZ....

Thanked by 2rm_ exception0x876
  • CConnerCConner Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2018

@cociu said:
    JUST TO POINT THIS AND I HOPE FINNALY SOME OF YOU WILL UNDERSTAND : WHEN I TOLD DO NOT UPGRADE TO NEW LINUX DISTRO I TELL THIS FOR SOMETHING. In my case is clear , the OP came here to complain about our delay but is forgott to mention this vps was broke once was update. I am not there to justif me or something , but when one is think is more "smart" and is still try after xxxx time when i have repedted the same is happened what is happened.

How can someone like you run a hosting business and have absolutely terrible communication skills. At first I thought this was some kind of troll response from a random LET member, but then saw your provider tag.

• deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited May 2018

Right as if clients will read anything that will disadvantage them. They only read selectively with selective memories, plus attention span of a fly.

Thanked by 1that_guy
  • sibapersibaper Member

@jvnadr said:
    Just a proposal: you maybe could write in bold letters in client's area, that this kind of server cannot be upgraded to a newer distro/kernel or else, the client is responsible for any downtime and support after that will be minimal/none. Maybe this could minimize such cases.
    After that, any claim from a client will not be legitimate, because he will brake the terms of service.
    Just my 2c

how about stop offering vps ?

banned or revoked provider tag? because he advise user to use EOL user. Look at every complaint about them, he always upset, by refunded client he thing everything else goes away.

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

@serverfood - can you confirm that you did indeed try to update to a modern OS which caused the issue mentioned above?

Would like to hear both sides of the story before jumping to any conclusions. But I mean if the guy did a distro upgrade before backing up any of his data, than the data loss is on him.

• Well, I have been with them for over a year now. I have a dedicated server with ILO, so I can install everything myself. I think in all that time I noticed like one downtime for half a day. I am pretty happy with them. If you interact friendly and not offensive with cociu he will show you the same respect and is very eager to find a solution that makes you both happy. And yes, it is not the fastest support, but thats okay for what I am paying! I wouldn't want to change a thing (except for the fact that I need to upgrade my server soon)...

Thanked by 1pike
  • AITHostingAITHosting Member
    edited May 2018

@deank said:
    Right as if clients will read anything that will disadvantage them. They only read selectively with selective memories, plus attention span of a fly.

I agree, however, if clients are not allowed to upgrade it is worth mentioning that in ToS. It is worth to have ToS at least.

• cociucociu Member

blablub123 said: I have a dedicated server with ILO

this issue is related only in the Openvz what i offered in LET , the dedicated server is another history.

• graphicgraphic Member
    edited May 2018

@CConner said:

@cociu said:

How can someone like you run a hosting business and have absolutely terrible communication skills. At first I thought this was some kind of troll response from a random LET member, but then saw your provider tag.

He's a LET magnet and everyone likes his sister.

This discussion has been closed.