Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com

Wishosting BAD REVIEWS.
New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

Wishosting BAD REVIEWS.

mrlongshenmrlongshen Member
edited April 2018 in Reviews

Hi all. After waiting so long time, and get no response so I decide to share my BAD experience with wishosting. I open an support ticket and ask them HOW TO REQUEST CURRENT SERVICES CANCELLATION ? and suddenly a MAGIC come to my QUESTION. They SUDDENLY DELETE all my services with them.

Here the proof with the support ticket:

Here is my support ticket date:

Here is my services with them:

I have waiting for the support to reply, but nothing. No response, they cannot answer my simple question. I have waiting for 1 week and This is I got from WISHOSTING ? Please please please answer me bro. Who want to responsible for the lost of my files ? I need refund or had to open paypal disputes. Help me LOWENDTALK USER !

Noobies in Linux

Comments

• teamaccteamacc Member
    edited April 2018

Oh dear. @exception0x876

Moved to offtopic to give you some time to reply before google does its thing, but will move it back to indexable when it's sorted.

I like my uptime down low and my servers all hacked. Can see me droppin' twenty-fours with a router in the rack.
    Ya like ya Switch-Ports hot and ya servers all hacked. If ya pings real high and ya networks pitch black.

• Judging by the screenshots, he only read the title of the ticket, which states "Terminate current services", while in the body of the ticket you asked how to do it instead of "pls terminate it for me".

I like my uptime down low and my servers all hacked. Can see me droppin' twenty-fours with a router in the rack.
    Ya like ya Switch-Ports hot and ya servers all hacked. If ya pings real high and ya networks pitch black.

• @teamacc said:
    Oh dear. @exception0x876

Moved to offtopic to give you some time to reply before google does its thing.

Good ! and cool !

@teamacc said:
    Judging by the screenshots, he only read the title of the ticket, which states "Terminate current services", while in the body of the ticket you asked how to do it instead of "pls terminate it for me".

Come on. That only title, body is always the question. I ask politely to the support, because I cannot find any button like WHMCS for request current services before my KVM STORAGE CA expired on 1 May 2018 but they cancel my 2 services with them. OMG !

Noobies in Linux

• FalzoFalzo Member

hopefully you have some backups in place... doesn't look good.

Thanked by 1mrlongshen

UltraVPS.eu KVM in US/UK/NL/DE: 15% off first 6 month | Netcup VPS/rootDS - 5€ off: 36nc15279180197 (ref)

• @Falzo said:

hopefully you have some backups in place... doesn't look good.

Because I dont have backup then I feeling become stress. Its my private files bro ! Arghhhhhhhhhhhh

Thanked by 1Falzo

Noobies in Linux

• @mrlongshen said:

@teamacc said:
    Judging by the screenshots, he only read the title of the ticket, which states "Terminate current services", while in the body of the ticket you asked how to do it instead of "pls terminate it for me".

Come on. That only title, body is always the question. I ask politely to the support, because I cannot find any button like WHMCS for request current services before my KVM STORAGE CA expired on 1 May 2018 but they cancel my 2 services with them. OMG !

I'm not affiliated with wishosting, and am not defending them. Just trying to guess what might've happened here.

• @teamacc said:

@mrlongshen said:

@teamacc said:

I'm not affiliated with wishosting, and am not defending them. Just trying to guess what might've happened here.

Nevermind, I do not blame you anything. Cheers.

Noobies in Linux

• FalzoFalzo Member
    edited April 2018

teamacc said: I'm not affiliated with wishosting, and am not defending them. Just trying to guess what might've happened here.

from the looks of it a very uncomforting mistake... let's hope @exception0x876 has some backups, as the client obviously has none. a week without a reply would make me go crazy in that case too.

@mrlonghsen love those gifs, feel for you... but prepare for not getting your data back.
    you need to do backups. at least mirror everything to a good old external hdd at home...

UltraVPS.eu KVM in US/UK/NL/DE: 15% off first 6 month | Netcup VPS/rootDS - 5€ off: 36nc15279180197 (ref)

• vimalwarevimalware Member
    edited April 2018

@exception0x876 you have to add a 'cancel service' button to your panel soon, if only to generate a special high priority ticket which you can process every 24hrs. (it wasn't available as of Easter when I checked )

Cases like this will happen again where English is not the first or second language of the end user.

The outcome might have been very different if the OP had removed an 's' from his question : services - - > service.
    edit: re-Read. it looks like OP isn't at fault.

Not saying the provider is completely exonerated. Cancellation requests are one of those ticket cases where double-checking the facts with end-user never hurts.

USA storage KVM €25/yr 1G, 500GB (RAID6)
    (affiliate for 🥰 ) https://clients.inceptionhosting.com/aff.php?aff=401&pid=205

• This is the fault of poor communication and bad luck. Sorry this happened, but it is not reason for a negative review. It's just as much your fault as it is his.

Thanked by 1ricardo

thanked by nekki sister !

• @vimalware said:
    @exception0x876 you have to add a 'cancel service' button to your panel soon, if only to generate a special high priority ticket which you can process every 24hrs. (it wasn't available as of Easter when I checked )

Cases like this will happen again where English is not the first or second language of the end user.

The outcome might have been very different if the OP had removed an 's' from his question : services - - > service.

Not saying the provider is completely exonerated. Cancellation requests are one of those ticket cases where double-checking the facts with end-user never hurts.

There is nothing in OP's ticket that specifies that the cancellation has to happen "now". If I were a provider I might've cancelled "at the end of the current term", but not "immediately", especially given that the user already paid for the services for another month.

Added to that, cancelling two services with a single ticket, without checking back with the user? I'd blame the provider and/or his lack of sleep prior to reading the ticket.

• @teamacc said:

@vimalware said:

There is nothing in OP's ticket that specifies that the cancellation has to happen "now". If I were a provider I might've cancelled "at the end of the current term", but not "immediately", especially given that the user already paid for the services for another month.

Added to that, cancelling two services with a single ticket, without checking back with the user? I'd blame the provider and/or his lack of sleep prior to reading the ticket.

Ticket title: "Terminate current services"

seems pretty clear to me.

thanked by nekki sister !

• It is OP's mistake too (don't open a support ticket with the title "terminate services" if you don;t want to) but it's wishosting biggest mistake that acted without reading the whole ticket and, even better, without even confirming that OP really wanted to erase his services!
    @mrlongshen As of your data, they could be erased due to a technical issue or a virus. You are responsible for your data and you should have kept backups, all of the budget providers do state clearly in their TOS that they are not viable if there is a data loss...

• donlidonli Member

At the least the provider should have asked if the services were to be cancelled immediately or at the end of the currently paid term.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Top Provider

Well its not a big deal, its KVM, @exception0x876 can just recover the logical volume as it will not actually be deleted yet.

LVM by default keeps backup copies of it's meta data for all LVM devices. These backup files are stored in /etc/lvm/backup and /etc/lvm/archive. If a disk is removed or the meta data gets damaged in some way, it can be easily restored.

Should take him about 5 minutes of actual work and you guys can just chalk it up to miscommunication between 2 people using English as a second launguage.

Thanked by 1vimalware

I am no longer active here, find me at https://talk.lowendspirit.com (Just like LET without the scams)

• Ticket title: "Terminate current services" that does not mean terminate now provider should read the ticket details, some people just trying to support provider indirectly

Thanked by 1ztech
  • I kinda secretly want to see some uplifting data recovery drama where the LVMs or qcow backing store is still intact for the ' cancelled' storage vps-es.

Make redundant backups people.

I'm off to check my redundancies.

USA storage KVM €25/yr 1G, 500GB (RAID6)
    (affiliate for 🥰 ) https://clients.inceptionhosting.com/aff.php?aff=401&pid=205

• @maldovia said:
    This is the fault of poor communication and bad luck. Sorry this happened, but it is not reason for a negative review. It's just as much your fault as it is his.

agreed. if only the title has 'how to ....' prefix, this might not happen. if this is a review how about your experience before this, bad too ?

but @exception0x00FF also should check the ticket content. but for me it's understandable error. but no response for a week ? maybe the ticket delivered somewhere else, system failure, ... this is where i'm not understand

• @Falzo said:

teamacc said: I'm not affiliated with wishosting, and am not defending them. Just trying to guess what might've happened here.

from the looks of it a very uncomforting mistake... let's hope @exception0x876 has some backups, as the client obviously has none. a week without a reply would make me go crazy in that case too.

@mrlonghsen love those gifs, feel for you... but prepare for not getting your data back.
    you need to do backups. at least mirror everything to a good old external hdd at home...

Thanks for understanding my situation. ^^
    I know I have to another backup, that why I use Wishosting first and want to clone the files to my new dedicated, but now the files gone :(

Noobies in Linux

• vimalware said: @exception0x876 you have to add a 'cancel service' button to your panel soon

True. That why I open an support ticket to ask first. Not to DELETE IMMEDIATELY!

Noobies in Linux

• @teamacc said:

@vimalware said:

This is what I feel, Thanks ! :'(

Noobies in Linux

• exception0x876exception0x876 Member, Provider

1) I agree this was my fault for misinterpreting your intentions to cancel the services and I apologize for this.
    2) I have sent you a refund for the the service that you still had some time left.

Thanked by 1mrlongshen

2x4GHz cores 200GB NVMe VPS for $9.99/mo, 8-core VPS for $11.99/mo, 32GB RAM VPS for $15.99/mo - wishosting.com

Affiliate program

• @jvnadr said:
    It is OP's mistake too (don't open a support ticket with the title "terminate services" if you don;t want to) but it's wishosting biggest mistake that acted without reading the whole ticket and, even better, without even confirming that OP really wanted to erase his services!
    @mrlongshen As of your data, they could be erased due to a technical issue or a virus. You are responsible for your data and you should have kept backups, all of the budget providers do state clearly in their TOS that they are not viable if there is a data loss...

Please take a good look at my picture ya. I trust Wishosting, and I have 2 services with them. This is not montly payment bro. This is quarter payment !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If my files contains technical issue or a virus. It should be delete 1 week after I upload it to my services !

Noobies in Linux

• FalzoFalzo Member

ouch.

• mrlongshen said: Please take a good look at my picture ya. I trust Wishosting, and I have 2 services with them. This is not montly payment bro. This is quarter payment !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If my files contains technical issue or a virus. It should be delete 1 week after I upload it to my services !

For start, it would be a good idea to leave those "ya" and "bro", except if you are 10y/o.
    Now, I didn't say that your files contain viruses or... technical issues! I said that you should have backups because there are a lot of reasons for the data to be lost in a remote box.
    But your response is showing that a part of the "delete" mistake is yours, you clearly don't speak good English and this is usually an issue in understanding communication with a provider or giving him to understand what you are want from him...
    Anyway, good luck with your data, but I would be skeptical when the provider is silent a week after...

• exception0x876 said: I have sent you a refund for the the service that you still had some time left.

The right move here should be to give him a full refund for the whole service, because after all it is your fault to cancel the service without your client tell you to do so.
    And is is not good for your reputation to ignore his ticket and only response publicly in LET a week ago, only because he opened a public thread about your service...

• mrlongshenmrlongshen Member
    edited April 2018

@exception0x876 said:
    1) I agree this was my fault for misinterpreting your intentions to cancel the services and I apologize for this.
    2) I have sent you a refund for the the service that you still had some time left.

1) You not answer my ticket. Its a week. Why??
    2) Thanks for the refund. (but I dont thinks it enough)
    3) I lost my files, Thanks for this matter and I could not make a backup for my valuable files.
    4) Thanks for delete my account at Wishosting.

I have no intention of raising this issue to lowendtalk if you reply my ticket, apologize, or refund immediately.

Thanks wishosting for give me a change to use your services.

Noobies in Linux

• @exception0x876 said:

Any luck trying the recovery as per @anthonysmith's suggestions?

• mrlongshen said: I could not make a backup for my valuable files

This should be a lesson for you: always take frequent backups BEFORE issues arise, not after... We have all being in this position in the past and we learned from this mistake...

• exception0x876exception0x876 Member, Provider

@teamacc said:

@exception0x876 said:

Any luck trying the recovery as per @anthonysmith's suggestions?

That was a good suggestion but there is no LVM on the host node.

2x4GHz cores 200GB NVMe VPS for $9.99/mo, 8-core VPS for $11.99/mo, 32GB RAM VPS for $15.99/mo - wishosting.com

Affiliate program

• @jvnadr said:

mrlongshen said: Please take a good look at my picture ya. I trust Wishosting, and I have 2 services with them. This is not montly payment bro. This is quarter payment !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If my files contains technical issue or a virus. It should be delete 1 week after I upload it to my services !

For start, it would be a good idea to leave those "ya" and "bro", except if you are 10y/o.
    Now, I didn't say that your files contain viruses or... technical issues! I said that you should have backups because there are a lot of reasons for the data to be lost in a remote box.
    But your response is showing that a part of the "delete" mistake is yours, you clearly don't speak good English and this is usually an issue in understanding communication with a provider or giving him to understand what you are want from him...
    Anyway, good luck with your data, but I would be skeptical when the provider is silent a week after...

OK. My apologize. Yeah I have bad english, because this is my 2nd language only. I know I have to 2nd backup. Because I just find new dedicated server for backup my files. I have no time to transfer my files yet then wishosting delete my account. This is what I regret.

Noobies in Linux

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited April 2018

mrlongshen said: OK. My apologize. Yeah I have bad english, because this is my 2nd language only. I know I have to 2nd backup. Because I just find new dedicated server for backup my files. I have no time to transfer my files yet then wishosting delete my account. This is what I regret.

Don't apologize on your bad English (I am also not a fluent speaker, it;s also a second language for me). It's just that it is creating issues now and then on communicating your needs...
    As of backups... Always take backups and take backups and take backups... as soon as you start any service! It is mandatory!

• @jvnadr said:

exception0x876 said: I have sent you a refund for the the service that you still had some time left.

The right move here should be to give him a full refund for the whole service, because after all it is your fault to cancel the service without your client tell you to do so.
    And is is not good for your reputation to ignore his ticket and only response publicly in LET a week ago, only because he opened a public thread about your service...

I hope @exception0x876 will consider this. Because I trust Wishosting is good provider since I know it from Lowendtalk. That why I use Wishosting. But this happen to me. Very unlucky.

@jvnadr said:

mrlongshen said: I could not make a backup for my valuable files

This should be a lesson for you: always take frequent backups BEFORE issues arise, not after... We have all being in this position in the past and we learned from this mistake...

I know, the things is I want to clone using rclone to my new dedicated server they have deleted my services.

Noobies in Linux

• @mrlongshen said:
    OK. My apologize. Yeah I have bad english, because this is my 2nd language only. I know I have to 2nd backup. Because I just find new dedicated server for backup my files. I have no time to transfer my files yet then wishosting delete my account. This is what I regret.

i bet the scenario was different before this happen. maybe you got dedis, migrate the files from vps to the shiny dedis, and then cancel the vps services. i mean still ... no backup.

no offense, just my opinion based on your information.

• @kassle said:

@mrlongshen said:

i bet the scenario was different before this happen. maybe you got dedis, migrate the files from vps to the shiny dedis, and then cancel the vps services. i mean still ... no backup.

no offense, just my opinion based on your information.

Just got new dedis. Yeah. Since it almost 2 tera files. Just got new 6tb tera dedi to clone there. Thanks will always make backup later.

Noobies in Linux

• Moved back to reviews as it is exactly what OP said it was.

Thanked by 2dynamo atomi

• dynamodynamo Member
    edited April 2018

@teamacc said: Moved to offtopic to give you some time to reply before google does its thing, but will move it back to indexable when it's sorted.

After ignoring the ticket for a week (deliberately I guess) and forcing the OP to post here for a response, host has now responded expressing inability to correct the blunder he did. Shouldn't the topic be moved back now?

EDIT: Ignore. Didn't refresh the page before posting.

• @teamacc said:
    Moved back to reviews as it is exactly what OP said it was.

Thanks. Hope google bots will crawls this.

Noobies in Linux

• @mrlongshen said:

@teamacc said:
    Moved back to reviews as it is exactly what OP said it was.

Thanks. Hope google bots will crawls this.

They already have and its hit #1 spot!

• EHRAEHRA Member
    edited April 2018

1) Canceled services immediately and erased all data

2) Deleted client account after creation of this topic in lowendtalk

3) Offered a partial refund only (this does not solve anything)

4) Ignored the client for a week and only responded because of this topic in lowendtalk

Wishosting, it's good to avoid them.

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

Saying bro in Chinese culture have a meaning of "I respect you", it is not immature to use these words.

Thanked by 1pike

"Everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. Be kind. Always."

• PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Moderator

Mistakes happen and maybe there will be more checks and balances now. So its a learning lesson for the provider. LET it be and move on.

• @EHRA said:
    1) Canceled services immediately and erased all data

Whenever i properly cancel my service somewhere, I'd prefer to have my data erased immediately. That being said, the cancellation here wasn't "proper" in any sense of the word.

2) Deleted client account after creation of this topic in lowendtalk

As far as I read it, it's the services that were deleted, and OP is using the "account" word as a synonym for "service" or "vps".

3) Offered a partial refund only (this does not solve anything)

Agreed, I'd say a full refund (1 month for the monthly service, 3 months for the quarterly service) would be a nice gesture given that the fault is mainly at wishosting's side.

4) Ignored the client for a week and only responded because of this topic in lowendtalk

Dick move indeed.

Sounds like their support is overworked and/or underslept.

Thanked by 1mrlongshen

• Half of China is already here, celebrating that this time the provider made a mistake.

Like.

• Definitely wasn't expecting that. Looks to me like another provider to avoid.

wget https://s.flamz.pw/dl/bench.sh && bash bench.sh

curl https://s.flamz.pw/analytics/bench/stats.php

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Provider

We had a similar situation once. Client of ours had 2 servers with us and opened a ticket saying they wanted their servers reinstalled. Note, they used the plural serverS and did not specify an IP or server ID. So we understood that too mean both servers. They also confirmed that they did not need any data off the server and understood that reinstalling would result in loss of all data and that they wanted the reinstall as quickly as possible.

After reinstalling, they were apparently livid after finding out we wiped both servers and they did not have any backups for it... Language/communication is important.

• dynamodynamo Member
    edited April 2018

@randvegeta said: Language/communication is important.

I don't see any language problem here. Host was click-happy and just didn't bother to read the ticket before taking actions as critical as terminating and deleting multiple services with immediate effect and no chance of roll-back.

Mistakes can happen. If there was no way to rectify the damage, host could have responded to the OP with an apology and appropriate compensation but he instead chose to ignore the customer.

• I'm on the fence with this one.

From my view, the ticket entitled "Terminate current services" suggests a direct request for an action from the provider, "How to request current services cancellation" in the ticket further suggests a desire for the services to be cancelled.

On the other hand, confirming whether the client would like for the services to be terminated immediately or cancelled at the end of the billing period would've easily prevented this from occurring - The ticket didn't specify a timeframe or state "Please terminate all current services immediately"

I'd point this to miscommunication on both sides, both played a part in this cockup.

Need to reach me quickly? Ping me on Discord

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited April 2018

FAT32 said: Saying bro in Chinese culture have a meaning of "I respect you"

So, Chinese culture contains male youth American slang? OK then, bro! I suppose there is also a translated version of the "Bro Code" book written by Barney Stinson...

• Yikes, yeah. Before permanently deleting data you should always clarify before actually doing it for reasons just like this.

Yoked or Yolked? You decide.