Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wishosting BAD REVIEWS.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Wishosting BAD REVIEWS.

mrlongshenmrlongshen Member
edited April 2018 in Reviews

Hi all. After waiting so long time, and get no response so I decide to share my BAD experience with wishosting. I open an support ticket and ask them HOW TO REQUEST CURRENT SERVICES CANCELLATION ? and suddenly a MAGIC come to my QUESTION. They SUDDENLY DELETE all my services with them.

Here the proof with the support ticket:

Here is my support ticket date:

Here is my services with them:

I have waiting for the support to reply, but nothing. No response, they cannot answer my simple question. I have waiting for 1 week and This is I got from WISHOSTING ? Please please please answer me bro. Who want to responsible for the lost of my files ? I need refund or had to open paypal disputes. Help me LOWENDTALK USER !

Comments

• teamaccteamacc Member
    edited April 2018

Oh dear. @exception0x876

Moved to offtopic to give you some time to reply before google does its thing, but will move it back to indexable when it's sorted.

• Judging by the screenshots, he only read the title of the ticket, which states "Terminate current services", while in the body of the ticket you asked how to do it instead of "pls terminate it for me".

• @teamacc said:
    Oh dear. @exception0x876

Moved to offtopic to give you some time to reply before google does its thing.

Good ! and cool !

@teamacc said:
    Judging by the screenshots, he only read the title of the ticket, which states "Terminate current services", while in the body of the ticket you asked how to do it instead of "pls terminate it for me".

Come on. That only title, body is always the question. I ask politely to the support, because I cannot find any button like WHMCS for request current services before my KVM STORAGE CA expired on 1 May 2018 but they cancel my 2 services with them. OMG !

• FalzoFalzo Member

hopefully you have some backups in place... doesn't look good.

Thanked by 1mrlongshen
  • @Falzo said:

hopefully you have some backups in place... doesn't look good.

Because I dont have backup then I feeling become stress. Its my private files bro ! Arghhhhhhhhhhhh

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • @mrlongshen said:

@teamacc said:
    Judging by the screenshots, he only read the title of the ticket, which states "Terminate current services", while in the body of the ticket you asked how to do it instead of "pls terminate it for me".

Come on. That only title, body is always the question. I ask politely to the support, because I cannot find any button like WHMCS for request current services before my KVM STORAGE CA expired on 1 May 2018 but they cancel my 2 services with them. OMG !

I'm not affiliated with wishosting, and am not defending them. Just trying to guess what might've happened here.

• @teamacc said:

@mrlongshen said:

@teamacc said:

I'm not affiliated with wishosting, and am not defending them. Just trying to guess what might've happened here.

Nevermind, I do not blame you anything. Cheers.

• FalzoFalzo Member
    edited April 2018

teamacc said: I'm not affiliated with wishosting, and am not defending them. Just trying to guess what might've happened here.

from the looks of it a very uncomforting mistake... let's hope @exception0x876 has some backups, as the client obviously has none. a week without a reply would make me go crazy in that case too.

@mrlonghsen love those gifs, feel for you... but prepare for not getting your data back.
    you need to do backups. at least mirror everything to a good old external hdd at home...

• vimalwarevimalware Member
    edited April 2018

@exception0x876 you have to add a 'cancel service' button to your panel soon, if only to generate a special high priority ticket which you can process every 24hrs. (it wasn't available as of Easter when I checked )

Cases like this will happen again where English is not the first or second language of the end user.

The outcome might have been very different if the OP had removed an 's' from his question : services - - > service.
    edit: re-Read. it looks like OP isn't at fault.

Not saying the provider is completely exonerated. Cancellation requests are one of those ticket cases where double-checking the facts with end-user never hurts.

• This is the fault of poor communication and bad luck. Sorry this happened, but it is not reason for a negative review. It's just as much your fault as it is his.

Thanked by 1ricardo
  • @vimalware said:
    @exception0x876 you have to add a 'cancel service' button to your panel soon, if only to generate a special high priority ticket which you can process every 24hrs. (it wasn't available as of Easter when I checked )

Cases like this will happen again where English is not the first or second language of the end user.

The outcome might have been very different if the OP had removed an 's' from his question : services - - > service.

Not saying the provider is completely exonerated. Cancellation requests are one of those ticket cases where double-checking the facts with end-user never hurts.

There is nothing in OP's ticket that specifies that the cancellation has to happen "now". If I were a provider I might've cancelled "at the end of the current term", but not "immediately", especially given that the user already paid for the services for another month.

Added to that, cancelling two services with a single ticket, without checking back with the user? I'd blame the provider and/or his lack of sleep prior to reading the ticket.

• @teamacc said:

@vimalware said:

There is nothing in OP's ticket that specifies that the cancellation has to happen "now". If I were a provider I might've cancelled "at the end of the current term", but not "immediately", especially given that the user already paid for the services for another month.

Added to that, cancelling two services with a single ticket, without checking back with the user? I'd blame the provider and/or his lack of sleep prior to reading the ticket.

Ticket title: "Terminate current services"

seems pretty clear to me.

• It is OP's mistake too (don't open a support ticket with the title "terminate services" if you don;t want to) but it's wishosting biggest mistake that acted without reading the whole ticket and, even better, without even confirming that OP really wanted to erase his services!
    @mrlongshen As of your data, they could be erased due to a technical issue or a virus. You are responsible for your data and you should have kept backups, all of the budget providers do state clearly in their TOS that they are not viable if there is a data loss...

• donlidonli Member

At the least the provider should have asked if the services were to be cancelled immediately or at the end of the currently paid term.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Well its not a big deal, its KVM, @exception0x876 can just recover the logical volume as it will not actually be deleted yet.

LVM by default keeps backup copies of it's meta data for all LVM devices. These backup files are stored in /etc/lvm/backup and /etc/lvm/archive. If a disk is removed or the meta data gets damaged in some way, it can be easily restored.

Should take him about 5 minutes of actual work and you guys can just chalk it up to miscommunication between 2 people using English as a second launguage.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • Ticket title: "Terminate current services" that does not mean terminate now provider should read the ticket details, some people just trying to support provider indirectly

Thanked by 1ztech
  • I kinda secretly want to see some uplifting data recovery drama where the LVMs or qcow backing store is still intact for the ' cancelled' storage vps-es.

Make redundant backups people.

I'm off to check my redundancies.

• @maldovia said:
    This is the fault of poor communication and bad luck. Sorry this happened, but it is not reason for a negative review. It's just as much your fault as it is his.

agreed. if only the title has 'how to ....' prefix, this might not happen. if this is a review how about your experience before this, bad too ?

but @exception0x00FF also should check the ticket content. but for me it's understandable error. but no response for a week ? maybe the ticket delivered somewhere else, system failure, ... this is where i'm not understand

• @Falzo said:

teamacc said: I'm not affiliated with wishosting, and am not defending them. Just trying to guess what might've happened here.

from the looks of it a very uncomforting mistake... let's hope @exception0x876 has some backups, as the client obviously has none. a week without a reply would make me go crazy in that case too.

@mrlonghsen love those gifs, feel for you... but prepare for not getting your data back.
    you need to do backups. at least mirror everything to a good old external hdd at home...

Thanks for understanding my situation. ^^
    I know I have to another backup, that why I use Wishosting first and want to clone the files to my new dedicated, but now the files gone :(

• vimalware said: @exception0x876 you have to add a 'cancel service' button to your panel soon

True. That why I open an support ticket to ask first. Not to DELETE IMMEDIATELY!

• @teamacc said:

@vimalware said:

This is what I feel, Thanks ! :'(

• exception0x876exception0x876 Member, Host Rep, LIR

1) I agree this was my fault for misinterpreting your intentions to cancel the services and I apologize for this.
    2) I have sent you a refund for the the service that you still had some time left.

Thanked by 1mrlongshen
  • @jvnadr said:
    It is OP's mistake too (don't open a support ticket with the title "terminate services" if you don;t want to) but it's wishosting biggest mistake that acted without reading the whole ticket and, even better, without even confirming that OP really wanted to erase his services!
    @mrlongshen As of your data, they could be erased due to a technical issue or a virus. You are responsible for your data and you should have kept backups, all of the budget providers do state clearly in their TOS that they are not viable if there is a data loss...

Please take a good look at my picture ya. I trust Wishosting, and I have 2 services with them. This is not montly payment bro. This is quarter payment !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If my files contains technical issue or a virus. It should be delete 1 week after I upload it to my services !

• FalzoFalzo Member

ouch.

• mrlongshen said: Please take a good look at my picture ya. I trust Wishosting, and I have 2 services with them. This is not montly payment bro. This is quarter payment !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If my files contains technical issue or a virus. It should be delete 1 week after I upload it to my services !

For start, it would be a good idea to leave those "ya" and "bro", except if you are 10y/o.
    Now, I didn't say that your files contain viruses or... technical issues! I said that you should have backups because there are a lot of reasons for the data to be lost in a remote box.
    But your response is showing that a part of the "delete" mistake is yours, you clearly don't speak good English and this is usually an issue in understanding communication with a provider or giving him to understand what you are want from him...
    Anyway, good luck with your data, but I would be skeptical when the provider is silent a week after...

• exception0x876 said: I have sent you a refund for the the service that you still had some time left.

The right move here should be to give him a full refund for the whole service, because after all it is your fault to cancel the service without your client tell you to do so.
    And is is not good for your reputation to ignore his ticket and only response publicly in LET a week ago, only because he opened a public thread about your service...

• mrlongshenmrlongshen Member
    edited April 2018

@exception0x876 said:
    1) I agree this was my fault for misinterpreting your intentions to cancel the services and I apologize for this.
    2) I have sent you a refund for the the service that you still had some time left.

1) You not answer my ticket. Its a week. Why??
    2) Thanks for the refund. (but I dont thinks it enough)
    3) I lost my files, Thanks for this matter and I could not make a backup for my valuable files.
    4) Thanks for delete my account at Wishosting.

I have no intention of raising this issue to lowendtalk if you reply my ticket, apologize, or refund immediately.

Thanks wishosting for give me a change to use your services.

• @exception0x876 said:

Any luck trying the recovery as per @anthonysmith's suggestions?

• mrlongshen said: I could not make a backup for my valuable files

This should be a lesson for you: always take frequent backups BEFORE issues arise, not after... We have all being in this position in the past and we learned from this mistake...

• exception0x876exception0x876 Member, Host Rep, LIR

@teamacc said:

@exception0x876 said:

Any luck trying the recovery as per @anthonysmith's suggestions?

That was a good suggestion but there is no LVM on the host node.