Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ResCloud - residential cloud server solutions are useful for various cases
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ResCloud - residential cloud server solutions are useful for various cases

Hey community,

We have been providing residential networking based server solutions for 2 years now, and we have decided to open ResCloud.com publicly today for the consumer/business market that can take advantage of residential IP based cloud server solutions.

We are doing some public polling and we'd like to know if any of the LowEndTalk users have a reasonable ethical use case for residential IP cloud servers. It's important for us to get information from potential customers in order to further advance our infrastructure and brand.

Our team is looking forward to hearing from LowEndTalk users.

Thank you in advance for your support.

regards,

ResCloud Inc.

Comments

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Rescloud said: reasonable ethical use case for residential IP cloud servers

Well could you perhaps name a few?

I mean, I can see it being popular but you will need to explain how you got residential IP's routed in a DC (please don't say this runs on actual home FTTC/DSL)

For truly 100% ethical use.. I really cant see a use case over regular "cloud services" but I am perhaps not considering something?

• mkshmksh Member

@AnthonySmith said:

Rescloud said: reasonable ethical use case for residential IP cloud servers

Well could you perhaps name a few?

Seconded. Very curious which ethical applications there supposedly are.

I mean, I can see it being popular but you will need to explain how you got residential IP's routed in a DC (please don't say this runs on actual home FTTC/DSL)

Probably not running on but somehow routed through enduser connections.

• Some use cases are outlined on our website.

For example : ad verification, price comparison, online shopping(sneakerheads etc), unblocking media content(usa netflix), and more.

What we are truly interested in, is what consumers/businesses like yourself would possibly use our services for. We do not host any of this within an actual home.

• @mksh , we also do not use end-user connections like Luminati and other providers in the space. Our company focuses on committed bandwidth, not unreliable and uncertain bandwidth commitments.

• mkshmksh Member
    edited March 2018

@Rescloud said:
    ad verification

Like click fraud?

price comparison

Cool. Scraping.

online shopping(sneakerheads etc)

Just yuck...

unblocking media content(usa netflix), and more.

Yeah, OK, gotta leave you that one.

What we are truly interested in, is what consumers/businesses like yourself would possibly use our services for.

Well you named it. Click fraud, scraping, hoarding products to sell at inflated prices, fraud in general, spam, ...

@mksh , we also do not use end-user connections like Luminati and other providers in the space. Our company focuses on committed bandwidth, not unreliable and uncertain bandwidth commitments.

So your residential ranges are going to be blacklisted once they leak out?

edited March 2018

Yeah, so at least 3 or 4 of your suggestions really are not 100% ethical, your either supporting people bypassing company terms or copyright licensing laws/regions or providing a platform for scalpers.

I guess we just have different ideas on ethics.

Thanked by 2Aidan FHR
  • Test IP please, and where exactly are you incorporated?

• AidanAidan Member

We have been providing residential networking based server solutions for 2 years now

Under which name?

rescloud.com hasn't been around for 2 years.

• MultiMulti Member

Why dont you show your pricing but let anyone who is interested sign up first? -.-

• FHRFHR Member, Host Rep

It's an interesting business model though. Normally one would frown upon summer hosts who are using their home computer and home connection for server hosting.

This way they can claim it's intended behavior.

• Signed up to have a look around, clean panel.

Pricing for those interested at https://imgur.com/a/aotoC

Thanked by 1Rescloud

@OP I think your asking in the wrong market place buddy!

• AidanAidan Member

Well, now I can finally call AWS the "budget" option.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

AnthonySmith said: residential IP's routed in a DC (please don't say this runs on actual home FTTC/DSL)

I mean it's doable...

We do have Customers running on ADSL as an OOB for their colo for example.

Clouvider said: I mean it's doable...

We do have Customers running on ADSL as an OOB for their colo for example.

yeah.. but at scale! I guess that's why it is so expensive.

• At those prices, I could get just pay for a extra line of residential internet just for the server and still get cheaper rates...

Thanked by 1Aidan
  • risharderisharde Patron Provider, Veteran

Actually if I had the money I would probably consider this. Of course after comparing the cost of a residential connection in the U.S. Ethically we can agree that it might be unethical but hell, torrenting could be considered unethical but yet people do it and even look for hosts do it right here on LET. Even hosts who turn a blind eye could also be considered unethical. Even hosts who provide storage which allows people to backup data could be breaching copyright in some way which is considered unethical. So in theory, this person is providing an internet connection and perhaps? turning a blind eye on what it will be used for. Not sure I would go vigilante on him. We all have our prices in this life. This seems like a unique service too.

Thanked by 2Rescloud VPSforVPN
  • Sorry guys , I didn’t get a chance to respond here yesterday.

As verification is not click fraud. We understand the pesimistic approach of some, or trolling in other words , but please fully understand what you’re defining.

Ad verification is the process of verifying ad placement after doing a media buy in order to make sure the company placing the ad is indeed showing it to everybody in every location.

In terms of shopping , sometimes people just want more than one shoe for example , so they can do so using a residential IP server.

Lastly , our product is not hosted in a home. We have legal agreements that allow us to get our connection and ips in a dc space so the speeds are Gigabit symmetrical.

In terms of ips, we have over 15k residential ips and replace ranges multiple times while cycling. Our ranges are not and will not be blacklisted. Also we monitor heavily for fraudulent customers and block them before they can perform any malicious action .

• @Rescloud said:
    In terms of shopping , sometimes people just want more than one shoe for example , so they can do so using a residential IP server.

The limits are there for a reason. Cool service, but if you get a new customer looking to do this you should honestly deny doing business with them.

Thanked by 2Aidan mksh
  • We do our due diligence on customers and we will consider your mentioned point.

Unlike you, there are some members of the community that come to stir up trouble for new companies. Quite sad, really.

• @Aidan said:

We have been providing residential networking based server solutions for 2 years now

Under which name?

rescloud.com hasn't been around for 2 years.

Reason why we said private is because we were privately providing service on contract prior to publicly opening Rescloud.

But hey, did you have an answer to the question we asked everyone for input regarding? I thought your message would be followed up with that but it seems like you’re liking every negative comment instead. Would love to hear your input on the question at hand buddy .

• @richarde I appreciate your points. Very valid. If only the community had more individuals like you to provide contributions which weren’t recognized as trolling. But often times that is the case when a great company opens up. Jealousy brings out the troll in some individuals.

• mkshmksh Member

@Rescloud said:
    Lastly , our product is not hosted in a home. We have legal agreements that allow us to get our connection and ips in a dc space so the speeds are Gigabit symmetrical.

Unless you are paying maxmind and friends to not list your IPs as DC space i don't see how you can get away with this in the long run. Even if you pay real residential ISPs to misuse their dialup IPs it will be detected sooner or later.

In terms of ips, we have over 15k residential ips and replace ranges multiple times while cycling. Our ranges are not and will not be blacklisted. Also we monitor heavily for fraudulent customers and block them before they can perform any malicious action .

So what you are saying is that even when shoe guys hammer vendors for that 100th pair from consecutive IPs noone will get smart to the fact that the routing does not add up? Same goes for all the carders that are likely to love your service for avoiding proxy/VPN detection when placing orders.

Anyways, since you seem to be convinced that your IPs are undectable could we get a test IP?

• GodsGods Member

@mksh said:

@Rescloud said:

Unless you are paying maxmind and friends to not list your IPs as DC space i don't see how you can get away with this in the long run. Even if you pay real residential ISPs to misuse their dialup IPs it will be detected sooner or later.

So what you are saying is that even when shoe guys hammer vendors for that 100th pair from consecutive IPs noone will get smart to the fact that the routing does not add up? Same goes for all the carders that are likely to love your service for avoiding proxy/VPN detection when placing orders.

Anyways, since you seem to be convinced that your IPs are undectable could we get a test IP?

Inb4 ip addresses from a botnet

• These are definitely not botnet ips. Funny that you suggest it though.

We offer so many different ranges and swap our ranges constantly so no they won’t be consecutive or blocked .

@mksh I don’t think you’ve been reading the messages right. Maybe you should like this post and it’ll make you read it properly. We do in depth monitoring of each client and validation before allowing open use. Carders etc are not getting into our network over here.

But hey, here’s a good idea for you. Sign up for our service and see for yourself. We won’t be sending you our ips before hand. If the ips don’t add up to what you’re looking for, we will refund you. Oh and if you don’t plan to signup because you have no use case for this product, then I wonder why it is that you’re being so pessimistic towards the business. Seems funny really.

• mkshmksh Member
    edited March 2018

@Rescloud said:
    We offer so many different ranges and swap our ranges constantly so no they won’t be consecutive or blocked .

At 15k IPs you can do the math how long that'll work.

@mksh I don’t think you’ve been reading the messages right.

Yeah, i am not buying the marketing whitewash euphemisms. I am awfully sorry.

Maybe you should like this post and it’ll make you read it properly. We do in depth monitoring of each client and validation before allowing open use. Carders etc are not getting into our network over here.

Of course they won't because they are usually very upfront about wanting to order stuff with stolen CCs. Also one of the cases that will raise suspicion is by your own words your target clientele (shoe hoarders).

But hey, here’s a good idea for you. Sign up for our service and see for yourself. We won’t be sending you our ips before hand.

Yeah, because they stick out and will be flagged once they leak. Here was your chance to prove the undectability of your residential IPs but it seems you rather chicken out and no, i am not giving you money jsut to prove you wrong.

Oh and if you don’t plan to signup because you have no use case for this product, then I wonder why it is that you’re being so pessimistic towards the business. Seems funny really.

Whats funny about being pessimistic torwards some shady business which likes making bold claims while offering zero proof to back them up?

• @Rescloud said:

...sometimes people just want more than one shoe for example...

You mean they more than one pair of shoes? Cough.....shoeminers!

• From rescloud.com: "The ResCloud newtwork was built (...)

Network is fast my man

Thanked by 2Aidan mksh
  • @mksh we have 15k now and get more as we please . We will leave you to do your trolling though . Enjoy !

• mkshmksh Member

@Rescloud said:
    @mksh we have 15k now and get more as we please.

Of course.

We will leave you to do your trolling though . Enjoy !

Obviously that's easier for you than backing up any of your claims.

Btw: There are no spaces in front of punctuation. You might want to quit doing that. It makes you look stupid.

This discussion has been closed.