Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Potentially misconfiguration of Cpanel
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Potentially misconfiguration of Cpanel

nicheniche Member
edited February 2018 in Providers

I am finding index.php and other files in the webhosting server, when I login using FTP and File manager, However when the url is checked in the browser the files are not loading, the default home page is being displayed, (what is displayed as the default home page)
I was facing the problem with one webhosting company who could not fix, now I am facing the problem with another webhosting company.
Does anyone know of any backdoor with Cpanel.
For non cpanel webhosting the problem is not faced.

Comments

• vovlervovler Member
    edited February 2018

The title is quite misleading.

Thanked by 2Aidan doghouch
  • niche said: Does anyone know of any backdoor with Cpanel

No.

• That's a problem with your application or config, not cPanel.

• I am facing the problem with two different webhosting companies, both use Cpanel

• I thought the title referred to doing anal with CPanel, or a virus within

Thanked by 1vovler
  • trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

Changed the title to more accurately reflect what I think the OP is trying to say.

• Cpanel has been changing the location of directories for addon domains , are the webhosting companies expected tio make changes

• what is the subdomain?
    make sure your files are in /public_html
    make sure your .htaccess specifies a directoryindex

• Most of the directories have no .htaccess

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

@niche said:
    Cpanel has been changing the location of directories for addon domains , are the webhosting companies expected tio make changes

Control panel don’t change anything on its own, it’s server administrator can move your files or any other person with access to files. The server is not live as it’s not human, most stupid excuse of 1990.

Thanked by 1Aidan
  • nicheniche Member
    edited February 2018

@WebProject said:

@niche said:
    Cpanel has been changing the location of directories for addon domains , are the webhosting companies expected tio make changes

Control panel don’t change anything on its own, it’s server administrator can move your files or any other person with access to files.

Why are you mocking without understanding the problem properly.

You have not understood the problem , there are different versions of cpanel software, and the location of the addon domain directories is different
    so this could create a problem, which some webhosting companies are not fixing

I hope you agree that there are different versions of cpanel

• @niche said:
    Why are you mocking without understanding the problem properly.

Welcome to LET.

• @niche said:

I guess you are referring to:

1. /home/domain/public_html/domain2
    2. /home/domain/domain2

It can be changed from cPanel, if yes. Anyway, you mentioned you have 'managed' web hosting, then why is your 'managed' web hosting not helping you?

• The hosting is inexpensive, and they do not care for customer support, so looking for alternative options

• @trewq said:
    Changed the title to more accurately reflect what I think the OP is trying to say.

OP is the same person who can't tell you where they uploaded files, et al.. since January 25th, but keeps bumping their post, and ignores suggestions to take screenshots or open tickets.

It's HIFPIA. Head Is Firmly Planted In Ass Syndrome.

• niche said: the default home page is being displayed

delete the index.html file

• niche said: I am facing the problem with two different webhosting companies, both use Cpanel

Does it occur to you that you potentially might be the problem here

• LordSpockLordSpock Member, Host Rep

No, it's an issue. Fix is to rebuild Apache config & restart service. Possibly wwwacct f**king up.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

Are you sure this is not a DNS configuration issue in your end?

• @MikePT said:

This is what I've said twice in the other thread, he replied with:

@niche said:
    I am using managed shared webhosting, I have almost no control on the dns

He mentioned having access to cPanel, he should have access to what nameservers the domain is pointing, therefore he does have control over the dns configuration.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@vovler said:

@MikePT said:

This is what I've said twice in the other thread, he replied with:

@niche said:
    I am using managed shared webhosting, I have almost no control on the dns

He mentioned having access to cPanel, he should have access to what nameservers the domain is pointing, therefore he does have control over the dns configuration.

Yeah but maybe he's just editing his DNS records and pointing to the wrong IP, that'd take him to the cPanel default website, I don't think this guy needs help, at all, seems to know it all, so what are we doing here... ;P

• I am pointing to the name servers provided by the webhosting company, and a records are also as specified