TinyKVM - part 1 - onboarding
Ok I got one following a recommendation from @WSS in another thread.
- they allow paying w/paypal or 2checkout - I chose 2checkout because it's cheaper for @ramnet (lower commission)
- server was available in minutes after order. Nice surprise after reading about 3 business days to set-up.
- I asked via ticket for Atlanta and reverse DNS - implemented as part of the server delivery.
- they provide console access via noVNC on Firefox and Chrome modern browser.
- when I logged via noVNC I was on the first screen of the Debian net-install (I specified Debian as OS). Nice, this allowed me to do everything myself [full control] which is what I wanted.
All in all a very smooth experience. I now have a zfs root Debian up and running. Yes, in 256MB RAM :-).
NB. I checked the IP and it is clean (not on any spam list).
We'll see how they hold in time.