Kimsufi Flash sale: KS-4C (i5)
New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

Kimsufi Flash sale: KS-4C (i5)

ninzo59ninzo59 Member, Provider
edited December 2017 in Providers

Hello !

A KS flash sale is scheduled on 20th December => recurring offer :)
Link: https://www.kimsufi.com/fr/serveurs.xml?flash

Details:

KS-4C:
Intel i5-2300
4c/4t @ 2,8GHz
16GB DDR3 1333 MHz
2To

12.99€ instead of 22.99€

OVH - Dedicated Servers / Cloud

Comments

• ninzo59ninzo59 Member, Provider

@Neoon said:
    12.99 + VAT. meh

Yeah, as usual.

• I still have my i5-2400 for 8.99€ (now 9.99€)

• is it recurring?

@ariq01 said:
    is it recurring?

Flash sale = recurring :)

• NeoonNeoon Member
    edited December 2017

Well, since some people already ask, 200H/sec with the i5, 3 threads.

18$ on the current XMR price, and you pay 12.99 + VAT in EUR

13EUR are already 15$, so close to 0% profit.

If Bitcoin drops, it pulls XMR also down, and your margin is gone.

If you pay 8.99 or 10.99 for it, you still make a bit profit but otherwise just for mining, at 12.99 + VAT, no.

Also, keep in mind, you paying 9.99EUR Setup fee + VAT and XMR has 0.02 Transaction fee. Its even a loss in the first months.

Thanked by 1doughmanes

@Neoon said:

If you pay 8.99 or 10.99 for it, you still make a bit profit but otherwise just for mining, at 12.99 + VAT, no.

Also, keep in mind, you paying 9.99EUR Setup fee + VAT and XMR has 0.02 Transaction fee. Its even a loss in the first months.

Well, that's right.. for mining. Do most of people use their KS server for mining ? I doubt.

Thanked by 1Aidan

• I use mine for backup/storage, and being able to mine on it is just helps cover the cost

• 12.99€ instead of 22.99€

Interesting, I think I'm paying 16.99 USD for mine right now, might be worth paying another setup fee to switch. Hmm. Mine is an i5-3470S and it's at BHS and it's not clear the new ones will be offered there.

OTOH I have a KS-2E in France at 8 euro/m so upgrading the cpu for another 5 euro might be worth it.

• @educury said:
    I still have my i5-2400 for 8.99€ (now 9.99€)

Or even better, I have 3 x i5-3570S and 3 x i5-2400 for €9.99/mo (was €8.99) - the one I got in Canada was i5-3570S, but the ones in Europe was i5-2400.

A couple of them is idle most of the time, but I just can't get rid of them. :D

Thanked by 1educury

Kenneth Myhre
    WindowsTemplate.com - free Windows templates for OVH/Hetzner/Kimsufi/Online.net

Powered by Hetzner.com, backed up by OVH, Kimsufi and VULTR.com

• I hope this works for the USA site version. Have had issues with getting some deals (not all) in the past.

Automate server mgmt w/ Runcloud - aff link gives +15 days for pro
    Click here for Runcloud w/o aff link and +0 days for pro.

• Just cancelled my oneprovider c2750(13€) in anticipation of this. I just hope they don't sell in 2 minutes

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • Are the CA KS-4C going to be on flash sale as well? Unlike other flash sales, only the EU FR website displays it so im not sure if it is a EU only thing.

• bingolino said: I just hope they don't sell in 2 minutes

Don't worry, at this price they will not.

• hate people using Kimsufi's server for mining

• At this price, I'm kind of iffy about the value unless there's a strong reason to have a relatively powerful CPU (and maybe a big disk). I think the Online Atom 2750's are better value because of the network (1Gbps vs Kimsufi 100Mbps). Also, if and when the Online sales do come by, the €17 E3-1220+16GB RAM+2x1TB+1Gbps network seems to be much better value for €4 more.

• @kkiskk said:
    hate people using Kimsufi's server for mining

Why? It doesn't affect you in any way.

• rm_rm_ Member
    edited December 2017

nullnothere said: when the Online sales do come by, the €17 E3-1220+16GB RAM+2x1TB+1Gbps network

Their "sales" servers don't have any guaranteed bandwidth though, so you risk having issues with upload speed and will not have grounds to demand a fix from support.

Last time I had a bunch of their "sales" specials it was a total grab bag of luck, some having stellar 800 Mbit upload and some having trouble reaching 100 Mbps during peak times.

Thanked by 1nullnothere
  • rm_ said: "sales" servers don't have any guaranteed bandwidth

True (I didn't think about it). I guess I've been lucky (I have both Kimsufi's and Online.net "sales" servers) and while the KS bandwidth is consistent, I've never had trouble bursting with the Online.net servers either - it just helps get some (network) jobs done faster, especially when you're impatient. Of course if one is always using the network (I don't) things may be different.

• nullnothere said: I've never had trouble bursting with the Online.net servers either

But did you actually try? :) It is the upload that can be problematic, download was always good on all of them. And when "testing network speeds" (with the likes of "bench.sh" scripts) people usually just download a bunch of test files from places, and that's it.

• rm_ said: But did you actually try?

Yes :-) pulled stuff FROM online.net (many times) and speed wasn't an issue at all (didn't really benchmark to see what it was but it worked quickly enough that I was happy). I'm obviously happy with the cheaper KS 100Mbit machines for scheduled stuff but the impulsive stuff is where Online.net wins because of the much quicker network.

• does the VAT can be exempted for non EU resident?

• @Leonn said:

Wasnt that scheduled for tomorrow?

• @Neoon said:
    ...and XMR has 0.02 Transaction fee.

Wut? I just transferred some amount 2½ hours ago and the fee was 0.003150980000. Just select lower priority to get cheaper fee.

Sorry for my bad English

• @psycholyzern said:

@Neoon said:

Wut? I just transferred some amount 2½ hours ago and the fee was 0.003150980000. Just select lower priority to get cheaper fee.

Depends, some mining pools force 0.1 or 0.2 fees, which have 0.1 payout, but most mining pools I found have something like 0.5 payout which is quite a lot and takes long to mine.

• @drakula said:
    does the VAT can be exempted for non EU resident?

Yes

edited December 2017

@Alvaritot said:
    Are the CA KS-4C going to be on flash sale as well? Unlike other flash sales, only the EU FR website displays it so im not sure if it is a EU only thing.

No It won't, only FR.

Will be launched the 20/12/2017 afternoon (GMT). Stay tuned :)

• @ninzo59 said:

Can anyone (from any country) order or its for EU only??

@Umair said:

@ninzo59 said:

Can anyone (from any country) order or its for EU only??

Should be able to order from any country. Yet, it will be only on FR website, or through link that @Leonn has published in this topic (taking the ref and adding it at the end of URL from another kimsufi website)

• @ninzo59 said:

Afternoon is a broad definition :)

Anything more specific maybe? Where did you find it?

• @Neoon said:

Thanks. any good gui clients for mining XMR? Thanks.

• @plumberg said: any good gui clients for mining XMR?

GUI clients? You're going to waste them precious hashes on a GUI?!

LowEndStorage | pyPatrol.io (Free Service Monitoring Coming Soon™)

• @MasonR said:

@plumberg said: any good gui clients for mining XMR?

What would be a good non-GUI then? And is there any good pool to mine?

• @spammy said:

@MasonR said:

@plumberg said: any good gui clients for mining XMR?

What would be a good non-GUI then? And is there any good pool to mine?

I use xmrig. Usually get a slightly higher hash rate over xmr-stak. Not sure about pools to join as I use a solo pool.

Thanked by 1spammy

• Look at all of you scrubs wasting CPU power on buttcoins while I'm kicking ass on RC5.

Thanked by 2spammy szarka

I won't be back until @bsdguy is released.

• @MasonR said:
    I use xmrig. Usually get a slightly higher hash rate over xmr-stak. Not sure about pools to join as I use a solo pool.

Just curious, what would be the advantage to solo-mine though? I thought that's much slower (even compare to the share you'd get from a pool)?

Genuinely curious as I am looking to do this to get some coins to subsidize my server costs (on dedis of course).

• MasonRMasonR Member
    edited December 2017

@spammy said:

@MasonR said:

Just curious, what would be the advantage to solo-mine though? I thought that's much slower (even compare to the share you'd get from a pool)?

Genuinely curious as I am looking to do this to get some coins to subsidize my server costs (on dedis of course).

It's slower indeed, but the whole block is yours when you get one (6+ XMR). It's more of a lottery too as you need to get lucky to get a block. I got 2 in my first month of mining so I stuck with it.

If you want to pursue it, use monero-stratum to spin up your solo pool. But if your total hash rate among your machines is low (<2.5kh/s), then it'd be better to stick with a public pool.

Thanked by 2spammy vimalware

• @MasonR said:

@spammy said:

@MasonR said:

It's slower indeed, but the whole block is yours when you get one (6+ XMR). It's more of a lottery too as you need to get lucky to get a block. I got 2 in my first month of mining so I stuck with it.

If you want to pursue it, use monero-stratum to spin up your solo pool. But if your total hash rate among your machines is low (<2.5kh/s), then it'd be better to stick with a public pool.

How many machines and cpu (cores) you used to get 2 blocks in one month?

• @WebGuru said:

@MasonR said:

@spammy said:

@MasonR said:

I have two dual e5-2670 servers at home doing most of the work (1kH/s each) and various other dedis that could spare some cycles. My total hash rate is typically between 3k and 4.5k depending on what's running at the time. But I think it had more to do with luck than anything else.

• WebGuruWebGuru Member
    edited December 2017

@MasonR said:

@WebGuru said:

@MasonR said:

@spammy said:

@MasonR said:

I have two dual e5-2670 servers at home doing most of the work (1kH/s each) and various other dedis that could spare some cycles. My total hash rate is typically between 3k and 4.5k depending on what's running at the time. But I think it had more to do with luck than anything else.

ok cool thanks for explaining

• @Neoon said:

@psycholyzern said:

@Neoon said:

Depends, some mining pools force 0.1 or 0.2 fees, which have 0.1 payout, but most mining pools I found have something like 0.5 payout which is quite a lot and takes long to mine.

Oh you mean pool fee? The fee usually is very low. I am using supportxmr and the fee just 0.6%.

Sorry for my bad English

• @MasonR said:
    Not sure about pools to join as I use a solo pool.

Any benefit over public pool?

Sorry for my bad English

• today 20 December 2017 GMT :
    still Désolé, ce serveur est en cours de réapprovisionnement.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • Yup, I wonder what time zone they're using.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Provider

Kinda sucks it's for their France datacenter only.

• @MikeA said:
    Kinda sucks it's for their France datacenter only.

Cheapest location, of course.

I won't be back until @bsdguy is released.