Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kimsufi Flash sale: KS-4C (i5)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Kimsufi Flash sale: KS-4C (i5)

ninzo59ninzo59 Member, Host Rep
edited December 2017 in Providers

Hello !

A KS flash sale is scheduled on 20th December => recurring offer :)
Link: https://www.kimsufi.com/fr/serveurs.xml?flash

Details:

KS-4C:
Intel i5-2300
4c/4t @ 2,8GHz
16GB DDR3 1333 MHz
2To

12.99€ instead of 22.99€

Comments

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

12.99 + VAT. meh

• ninzo59ninzo59 Member, Host Rep

@Neoon said:
    12.99 + VAT. meh

Yeah, as usual.

• I still have my i5-2400 for 8.99€ (now 9.99€)

• is it recurring?

@ariq01 said:
    is it recurring?

Flash sale = recurring :)

edited December 2017

Well, since some people already ask, 200H/sec with the i5, 3 threads.

18$ on the current XMR price, and you pay 12.99 + VAT in EUR

13EUR are already 15$, so close to 0% profit.

If Bitcoin drops, it pulls XMR also down, and your margin is gone.

If you pay 8.99 or 10.99 for it, you still make a bit profit but otherwise just for mining, at 12.99 + VAT, no.

Also, keep in mind, you paying 9.99EUR Setup fee + VAT and XMR has 0.02 Transaction fee. Its even a loss in the first months.

Thanked by 1doughmanes

@Neoon said:
    Well, since some people already ask, 200H/sec with the i5, 3 threads.

18$ on the current XMR price, and you pay 12.99 + VAT in EUR

13EUR are already 15$, so close to 0% profit.

If Bitcoin drops, it pulls XMR also down, and your margin is gone.

If you pay 8.99 or 10.99 for it, you still make a bit profit but otherwise just for mining, at 12.99 + VAT, no.

Also, keep in mind, you paying 9.99EUR Setup fee + VAT and XMR has 0.02 Transaction fee. Its even a loss in the first months.

Well, that's right.. for mining. Do most of people use their KS server for mining ? I doubt.

Thanked by 1Aidan
  • I use mine for backup/storage, and being able to mine on it is just helps cover the cost

• 12.99€ instead of 22.99€

Interesting, I think I'm paying 16.99 USD for mine right now, might be worth paying another setup fee to switch. Hmm. Mine is an i5-3470S and it's at BHS and it's not clear the new ones will be offered there.

OTOH I have a KS-2E in France at 8 euro/m so upgrading the cpu for another 5 euro might be worth it.

• @educury said:
    I still have my i5-2400 for 8.99€ (now 9.99€)

Or even better, I have 3 x i5-3570S and 3 x i5-2400 for €9.99/mo (was €8.99) - the one I got in Canada was i5-3570S, but the ones in Europe was i5-2400.

A couple of them is idle most of the time, but I just can't get rid of them. :D

Thanked by 1educury
  • I hope this works for the USA site version. Have had issues with getting some deals (not all) in the past.

• Just cancelled my oneprovider c2750(13€) in anticipation of this. I just hope they don't sell in 2 minutes

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • Are the CA KS-4C going to be on flash sale as well? Unlike other flash sales, only the EU FR website displays it so im not sure if it is a EU only thing.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

bingolino said: I just hope they don't sell in 2 minutes

Don't worry, at this price they will not.

• hate people using Kimsufi's server for mining

• At this price, I'm kind of iffy about the value unless there's a strong reason to have a relatively powerful CPU (and maybe a big disk). I think the Online Atom 2750's are better value because of the network (1Gbps vs Kimsufi 100Mbps). Also, if and when the Online sales do come by, the €17 E3-1220+16GB RAM+2x1TB+1Gbps network seems to be much better value for €4 more.

• @kkiskk said:
    hate people using Kimsufi's server for mining

Why? It doesn't affect you in any way.

edited December 2017

nullnothere said: when the Online sales do come by, the €17 E3-1220+16GB RAM+2x1TB+1Gbps network

Their "sales" servers don't have any guaranteed bandwidth though, so you risk having issues with upload speed and will not have grounds to demand a fix from support.

Last time I had a bunch of their "sales" specials it was a total grab bag of luck, some having stellar 800 Mbit upload and some having trouble reaching 100 Mbps during peak times.

Thanked by 1nullnothere
  • rm_ said: "sales" servers don't have any guaranteed bandwidth

True (I didn't think about it). I guess I've been lucky (I have both Kimsufi's and Online.net "sales" servers) and while the KS bandwidth is consistent, I've never had trouble bursting with the Online.net servers either - it just helps get some (network) jobs done faster, especially when you're impatient. Of course if one is always using the network (I don't) things may be different.

nullnothere said: I've never had trouble bursting with the Online.net servers either

But did you actually try? :) It is the upload that can be problematic, download was always good on all of them. And when "testing network speeds" (with the likes of "bench.sh" scripts) people usually just download a bunch of test files from places, and that's it.

• rm_ said: But did you actually try?

Yes :-) pulled stuff FROM online.net (many times) and speed wasn't an issue at all (didn't really benchmark to see what it was but it worked quickly enough that I was happy). I'm obviously happy with the cheaper KS 100Mbit machines for scheduled stuff but the impulsive stuff is where Online.net wins because of the much quicker network.

• does the VAT can be exempted for non EU resident?

• @Leonn said:

Wasnt that scheduled for tomorrow?

• @Neoon said:
    ...and XMR has 0.02 Transaction fee.

Wut? I just transferred some amount 2½ hours ago and the fee was 0.003150980000. Just select lower priority to get cheaper fee.

@psycholyzern said:

@Neoon said:
    ...and XMR has 0.02 Transaction fee.

Wut? I just transferred some amount 2½ hours ago and the fee was 0.003150980000. Just select lower priority to get cheaper fee.

Depends, some mining pools force 0.1 or 0.2 fees, which have 0.1 payout, but most mining pools I found have something like 0.5 payout which is quite a lot and takes long to mine.

• @drakula said:
    does the VAT can be exempted for non EU resident?

Yes

edited December 2017

@Alvaritot said:
    Are the CA KS-4C going to be on flash sale as well? Unlike other flash sales, only the EU FR website displays it so im not sure if it is a EU only thing.

No It won't, only FR.