Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you have a problem with ZxHost? - Page 21
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Do you have a problem with ZxHost?

Comments

• @lurch said:
    Are you Ashley's best mate?

You got the whole story in my answer to you on the 15th:
    https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/2560345/#Comment_2560345

I have no prior association with Ashley. - But I have checked his reputation on this forum before signing up.
    Many would have recommended him before the CEPH disaster.

I do believe this forum is - or should be - about being helpfull.
    Being supportive of a provider is nothing new on LET.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Yeah, it does smell.

• @svmo said:

Many would have recommended him before the CEPH disaster.

Because it was cheap. That's all the reason needed on this board.

Thanked by 2svmo netpioneer
  • @Yura said:

@lurch said:
    Are you Ashley's best mate?

Registered 19th November, right after service breakdown. Why he is so active now is quite strange to me. Especially, since those are LET packages sold months ago and he wasn't around.

Sorry to let you down mate - No LET drama in this - If you bother to look up my very first post:
    https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/2482982/#Comment_2482982

you will see I found a source of information others had not- and thought that important enough to register and share.

• I found this thread because my KVM has been down for a few days (about ~ 4-5 days) and I have not received an answer on my support ticket.
    There are many posts here and my technical English is not very good, but as far as I understand the posts here there is a storage problem for some time. Which data center is affected? According to virtualisor, my kvm is on server SVM76 in Roubaix (ovh).

• @berndy2001 - My VPS is in France as well, it has been down since November 17th. I opened a ticket saying the VPS was down and asking if France was affected by the same problem as the Germany VPSs discussed in this thread. To date I have not received a response to my query.

• Thank you for your advice. At the beginning I held the same thought with you but the double strike made me less confident to ZXHost since one man host is not so stable during special emergent period. The availability is a tremendous challenge for system master especially so many customers' request to meet and respond.

I don't mean to deny or challenge @ashleyuk but think it does be beyond his capability based on the fact recently.

@svmo said:

@GustafRiemann said:
    Simply not work.

btw, access to detail of the vps management page is very much slow and I made several
    tries on shutdown the vps but never got a respond. Actually the login session may be timed out then before respond feeds back.

The Virtualizor interface behaves a bit strange - you dont really know if you are logged on or not

• refreshing the page in the browser will show you (you get a login prompt again or not)

the vps is always offline and could never boot up. The ticket sent was closed without response either.

Seems tickets now auto close after 72h? - see suggestion at end ...

Refer to the iso selection in vps configuration popup, it's weird the iso I upload never appears there and it jumps to the add iso page after clicking the iso-list button, same effect as clicking add-an-iso button.

'jump to the add iso page' - I saw that as well -

When I tried to disable the rescue mode, it pops up a dialog saying the vps is locked and nothing could be altered. WTF.

This might be one more symptom of the Web interface (controller) not being able to communicate with the node the VM should run on.

You mentioned at the start of this that your VM had gone 'dumb' - I never did fully understand what you meant by that - But if you meant sluggish/unresponsive - it could have been an indication of hardware problems.

So I would guess your VM host node have developed problems and is now offline.

Really don't know how to deal with this. Feel frustrated deeply.

Frustrated Understandable - you have been double unlucky - first CEPH now this.
    Thank you for behaving with patience and restraint - please continue to do so.

I'm sure this will eventually be resolved and hope Santa will bring your VM back before christmas ;-)

As for advice:

• Do post a new high priority ticket - We need to get @AshleyUK 's attention.
    • Be sure it is clear this is about one of the new vm's - so "NEW Hezner VM STILL DEAD !" or something. - Put both old and new vm id's/numbers in the ticket - along with a description - that you can not boot in rescue mode or disable it.
    • If ticket is auto closed - open a new fresh one. - Refreshing seems to put you at the end of the queue - repeat until you are noticed.
    • Consider obtaining a replacement service for a single month - that will give you something to do and lessen the frustration. -

Sure Ashley is doing his best to put things right - but apparently like Santa he is busy and works in silence ;-)

Do let us know how it goes ...

• Mr_TomMr_Tom Member, Host Rep

My storage VPS isn't a LET offer one - not that it matters to how it's handled I guess.

From a tickets point of view - I guess he is just very busy provisioning new VPS, etc - my new one is still running fine and is much more responsive!

Also on the subject of tickets I recently sent a ticket about payments which hasn't been responded too - so I can only assume they aren't being ignored lol.

• Mr_Tom said: I guess he is just very busy provisioning new VPS

sorry, but I have to say I doubt that. once you have a template ready most provisioning parts should be very much automatic with virtualizor, so most work involved is installing nodes and add them to the pool along with IPs. it doesn't take weeks to provision 100-200 exact same empty VMs, does it?

maybe it's worse if you are on a financial shortage and can't even get new nodes. but, if that is the case, then there should be time to talk to your waiting customers...
    as mentioned before it seems that other nodes at 23media and even OVH are affected, so I do believe it is not only a problem with time anyway.

etilico said: I've opened the Paypal dispute.

gitreset said: I opened & escalated the case with paypal.

would be interesting to hear how things are going in those cases, so far most likely nobody got a refund and paypal funds are still frozen or something like that?

• Mr_TomMr_Tom Member, Host Rep

Falzo said: sorry, but I have to say I doubt that. once you have a template ready most provisioning parts should be very much automatic with virtualizor, so most work involved is installing nodes and add them to the pool along with IPs. it doesn't take weeks to provision 100-200 exact same empty VMs, does it?

Fair point. It was also the fact I'd opened a ticket about payment that hasn't been responded to - so either all tickets are being ignored or not being read due to busyness.

• etilicoetilico Member
    edited December 2017

@Falzo said:

etilico said: I've opened the Paypal dispute

please report back here about the outcome of this.

Seems that Ashley has provided right now a full refund for my service through Paypal, now the refund is awaiting Paypal's verification and will be available on my account on 27th december.

Thanked by 4Falzo willie ehab cez
  • @FrankZ said:

Thank you for the Info.
    Is there a chance to get the data?

• @GustafRiemann said:
    Refer to the iso selection in vps configuration popup, it's weird the iso I upload never appears there and it jumps to the add iso page after clicking the iso-list button, same effect as clicking add-an-iso button.

This happened to me, too, when I had just uploaded the custom ISO. The next day, however, my ISO was available as well as a few others. To boot from it, though, I had to poweroff the VM and then start it from the control panel. A poweroff was needed again to pick up the change when I didn't want to boot from CD-ROM anymore.

• GolbinexGolbinex Member
    edited December 2017

@berndy2001 said:

@FrankZ said:

Thank you for the Info.
    Is there a chance to get the data?

I talked with Ashley on skype. data are gone. Now we can hope to get at least refund.

(14:49:16) Golbinex: can you please tell me if data from storage VPSes are definitely gone?

(14:49:59) ZXHOST: Right now we have had no sucess bring CEPH online. So as it stands that is correct.

Thanked by 1berndy2001
  • nqservicesnqservices Member
    edited December 2017

delete post

• @nqservices said:

wrong answer/wrong thread? :-D

• @Falzo said:

@nqservices said:

wrong answer/wrong thread? :-D

oooppss| sorry guys ;)

• YuraYura Member
    edited December 2017

O_o

• I have several VPS at ZxHost.

I have a KVM VPS with 60GB, which was running on Virtualizor.

It broke down at the same time as the other VPS.

I opened a ticket on December 6th to get a new VPS, I have no answer.

I understand there are a lot of problems.

But I think ZxHost, should communicate better.

• So my storage VPS disappeared like everyone elses. I did send a request to get my money back and not to provision a new VPS. Instead of responding to my request, ZXHOST keeps closing the ticket after 7 days with no comment. I reopen the ticket hoping that they will at least answer or comment and let me know when to expect the refund and sure enough they close the ticket after 7 days again with no comment.

Very sad @Ashley

• Deal with it. Your money is gone. Move along.

• lucky u.

@etilico said:

@Falzo said:

etilico said: I've opened the Paypal dispute

please report back here about the outcome of this.

Seems that Ashley has provided right now a full refund for my service through Paypal, now the refund is awaiting Paypal's verification and will be available on my account on 27th december.

• New year and January is coming.

• @a3Bren said:
    New year and January is coming.

So is death.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@WSS said:

@a3Bren said:

So is death.

Also winter.

Francisco

• @Francisco said:

@WSS said:

@a3Bren said:

So is death.

Also winter.

Francisco

Winters' here.

• @WSS said:

@Francisco said:

@WSS said:

@a3Bren said:

So is death.

Also winter.

Francisco

Winters' here.

Agreed

• I don't know when he will be fixed bug to help me to get my data back....

• Anyone got ticket responded recently?

• @a3Bren said:
    Anyone got ticket responded recently?

Yes, he closed my ticket without response. I opened it again requesting him not to close it until they have time to respond and they closed it again with no response.