Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nocix Down?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Nocix Down?

agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep

Looks like NOCIX is having issues with their network.

I am able to connect to my box from my cell network, however I cannot connect to it from any of my desktop connections.

Comments

• Not completely down, but very broken.

Here's a response I got from them:

We currently have a large volume of tickets and are working to process them all, please be patient.

• WSSWSS Member
    edited September 2017

This first-tier tech is a fucking idiot. Wonderment abounds:

There are no active services associated with this account

W.X.Y.Z is not an IP that we Own..

Is it so hard to read "Here's a traceroute from inside the network which dies still inside WSI, trying to get to W.X.Y.Z"?

This has been forwarded to the network admin

Guess not.

• agoldenberg said: NOCIX is having issues with their network.

Didn't expect this at all, especially not with them giving away 100TB of data with their $19/month servers.

• agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep

@wss broken indeed.

@aidan they've always been pretty reliable for me.

• @agoldenberg said:
    @wss broken indeed.

But enough about their first-tier support. My guess is that they're getting SLAMMED right now.

• agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep

Here's what support told me

a transit provider is experiencing congestion and traffic has been moved to a redundant provider.

• My OVH route is back for my primary MTA. The backups aren't, though. Yay!

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited September 2017

Aidan said: Didn't expect this at all, especially not with them giving away 100TB of data with their $19/month servers.

I am over 2 1/2 years with them. This is the second "major" outage. It lasted about 3 hours. The first one, over a year before, less than 6 hours. And the speeds are pretty fair, actually good for the price. Their support (as of their sister company WSI) is very fast and helpful and the overall experience is really fine.
    So, it is better to critisize a provider when having actuall service with him... (I suppose you do not have any servers from Nocix or WSI).

• Does anyone know the cpu info for the Nocix vps? Thanks.

• @coolguy said:
    Does anyone know the cpu info for the Nocix vps? Thanks.

Thanked by 1agoldenberg