Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nodion Closing Netherlands Location
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Nodion Closing Netherlands Location

Just received this in my email

Dear valued Nodion customer,

I am writing you today because you have services with us, Nodion, in the Netherlands.

We will shutdown our location in the Netherlands within the next 4 weeks. All machines will be automatically migrated to our Frankfurt location. This step is sadly necessary to get on track with our strategy looking into the future.

We understand that you probably have chosen our NL location for a reason, we sadly will leave the Netherlands, so we can’t offer you anything there anymore after the migration period.

Migrations will take place starting in some days and the last VM will be moved latest in 4 weeks from now, we will contact you at least 24h in advance before we do move your VM. We can’t migrate the whole IP space we have in the Netherlands so you might get a new IP, we will inform you about that in the email regarding the migration date.

If you don’t want to get your VM moved to Frankfurt, but instead stay in the Netherlands please contact us immediately. We’ve partnered up with a hosting company in the same datacenter who is interested in taking you over as a client if you want. Please note that this is only available for monthly customers.

Why is this even happening?

We are focusing on our home-location Frankfurt, Germany, where we have invested and will be investing a lot to offer the best possible services. Around 50% of our customers are from Germany and 80% are using our location in Germany. We have a good foundation there to build on, this is why we have decided to focus entirely on our region in Germany.

Where’s the panel?

The panel itself is nearly finished, but we are restructuring everything currently, so it wouldn’t make sense to launch it. Just to give you some things we are currently working on simultaneously:

• Moving Datacenters from Interwerk to Interxion and Telehouse
  • Offer two regions in Frankfurt to build managed services (DBaaS, etc.)
  • We are building our own Network currently in those two new locations
  • We are a RIPE member now
  • …and much more!

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me directly. Simply reply to this email and I will get back to you ASAP.
We want you to be happy so please do not hesitate to contact us if you have something on your mind.

Thanks for your understanding,

• Nik

The NL location was pretty good, looking forward to seeing the new panel too.

Comments

• brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

rocket said: We’ve partnered up with a hosting company in the same datacenter who is interested in taking you over as a client if you want. Please note that this is only available for monthly customers.

:(

I'd love to keep my server in Wormer. Providers, anyone up for some refugee offers?

@Ishaq @SpeedBus @joeri

Something similar to Ishaq's KVM Special maybe.

256MB RAM

10GB RAID10 Storage

500GB Bandwidth

100Mbps Port Speed

1 CPU Core

KVM Virtualization

>

USD 15/year

Thanked by 2joeri SpeedBus
  • WSSWSS Member

I still have like 4 yearly credits to use with Nodion. I was having issues and then they started migrating the panel, and I had to click through the $10 offer every time to see my damn machines, so I turned them off in hopes of the panel eventually stabilizing.

Here's looking forward to 2024..