Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with OpenID
Advertise on LowEndTalk.com

In this Discussion

Licensecart, what is going on.

Licensecart, what is going on.

Hello guys & girls,

We have some licenses for R1soft and litespeed with licensecart, but since 14/8 they do not work anymore, i tred to contact them thru Livechat, email, Facebook onther other forums. But they do not respond.

Any one other having similar issues.

Peter

«1

Comments

  • YmpkerYmpker Member, Provider

    Im with them and they usually do reply really quick.

    /Signature/ https://uptime.is

  • Well i am not the only one, it seems that also the CEO of cloudlinux is after them and can't reach them too.

    I am looking for alternatives. Normally they are rather quick, yes, but now i am waiting for more then nine days, my R1soft licenses are paid for but didn't renew.

    So i ask for a refund.

  • KuJoeKuJoe Member, Provider

    I think the owner is on here, I forget his username so lets give this a try: @LicenseCart

    -Joe @ SecureDragon - LEB's Powered by Wyvern in FL, CO, CA, IL, NJ, GA, OR, TX, and AZ
    Need free hosting? Get AFreeCloud
  • HBAndreiHBAndrei Member, Provider

    Seen a similar thread recently on WHT as well, hopefully everything's alright with licensecart and Mike.

    As for an alternative for your R1Soft licenses, I use: https://cdplicenses.com/
    (formerly known as r1softlicenses)

    R1Soft licenses are now over 5 times more expensive than what they used to be, and there's not too many options out there that you can pick from, unfortunately.

    Free Blacklist Monitoring - don't let a few bad clients ruin your network.
    Free Uptime Monitoring - know right away if your websites/services ever go down.

  • LordSpockLordSpock Member, Provider

    @MSPNick said: https://vpsboard.com/threads/licensecart-no-longer-solusvm-authorized-reseller.9824/

    Mhmm, TLDR bad business decision on Interworx (eggs in one terrible, terrible, basket) has pretty much sunk Mike's business. Shame really, was a customer of his back when he had CubicWebs and was always quite a decent chap until dodgy servers screwed him over.

  • Yes we liked hs servces also, but havinf the issues with R1 soft let me wonder what will happen with the remaining licenses for litespeed and such. Looking for other opportunities.

    We have decided to dump R1soft in favor of borgh backup. For Litespeed we will go directly to Litespeed probably.

  • ClouviderClouvider Member, Provider
    edited August 23

    To be fair in my memory he was more active about politics than the business which didn't look very professional at the time.

    That definitely antagonised me as a customer.

    Clouvider Leading UK Cloud Hosting solution provider || UK Dedicated Servers Sale || Tasty KVM Slices || Latest LET Offer

    Web hosting in Cloud | SSD & SAS True Cloud VPS on OnApp | Private Cloud | Dedicated Servers | Colocation | Managed Services

    Thanked by 3HyperSpeed Amitz jesin
  • raindog308raindog308 Moderator

    LordSpock said: Mhmm, TLDR bad business decision on Interworx (eggs in one terrible, terrible, basket) has pretty much sunk Mike's business.

    Do you mean he was selling Interworx, using Interworx, or...? I feel like I'm missing part of the story here.

    My Advice: VPS Advice

    For LET support, please click here.

  • YmpkerYmpker Member, Provider

    @Jorbox any idea?

    /Signature/ https://uptime.is

  • ClouviderClouvider Member, Provider

    Is (was?) that even a registered business ? T&C's (https://licensecart.com/terms-of-service) doesn't mention company name. Contact us doesn't mention company name. Looks like a sole trader so can't even check the statements or credit rating.

    Clouvider Leading UK Cloud Hosting solution provider || UK Dedicated Servers Sale || Tasty KVM Slices || Latest LET Offer

    Web hosting in Cloud | SSD & SAS True Cloud VPS on OnApp | Private Cloud | Dedicated Servers | Colocation | Managed Services

  • I think the fact that they stopped selling SolusVM due to cash flow issues should be quite self explanatory....

  • JorboxJorbox Member

    @Ympker said: @Jorbox any idea?

    That's scary ,,, I have cloudlinux and owned blesta from there

    Thanked by 1Ympker
  • He popped up in the Blesta forum last week. Seems he's working a new job and someone broke their wrist? https://www.blesta.com/forums/index.php?/topic/10347-help-sad-with-licensecart-support/&do=findComment&comment=54936

    I get it that a man's gotta eat but he is leaving a lot of people hanging. I just hope it's relatively easy to get direct support after my term is up with him.

  • A company I work with had a SolusVM licence through them and it also expired and we were not able to get in touch with LicenceCart, we ended up having to purchase another license directly from OnApp. Not sure whats going on but sure seems like they deadpooled since licenses are expiring and no one can be reached.

    my 2 cents.

    Cheers!

    Have an Allwinner H3 device? Want Android? Check out H3Droid! | Lichee Pi Zero - The 6$ SBC
    18+ Years IT Experience in Linux/Windows Hosting and Administration

  • jarlandjarland Administrator

    Hope he's doing alright. Figuring out you've messed up financials, or that a vendor has screwed you on it (not saying that happened), with a system where your profit comes in small increments that add up in bulk, is a tough situation.

  • ZerpyZerpy Member

    I support a customer having a cloudlinux license via Licensecart - and the info he got is that CloudLinux licenses has been suspended (on CloudLinux side) due to missing payment of invoices by Licensecart

    So.. I'd just find another provider :-D

  • Don't wait or expect something will resolve magically. If support not communicating and licenses expiring - clearly a deadpool case. Move away and save your time.

    LTniger - Light Nigerian Citizen.

  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Provider

    Clouvider said: To be fair in my memory he was more active about politics than the business which didn't look very professional at the time.

    That definitely antagonised me as a customer.

    This^ He just always came across as an aggressive far right wing angry kid that would take the position black is white just to force his point, usually regarding blesta.

    Inception Hosting Limited - NL, UK, Phoenix AZ USA, KVM and OpenVZ | NEW PURE NVME SSD OpenVZ UK

  • YmpkerYmpker Member, Provider

    @Jorbox said:

    @Ympker said: @Jorbox any idea?

    That's scary ,,, I have cloudlinux and owned blesta from there

    For me it is only owned Blesta but still.. not the usal quality.

    /Signature/ https://uptime.is

  • I had same issue. Their renewal didn't worked and you know, chargeback. They haven't replied on dispute or my mail from 2 weeks.

    getting laid!

  • LordSpockLordSpock Member, Provider
    edited August 24

    @raindog308 said:

    LordSpock said: Mhmm, TLDR bad business decision on Interworx (eggs in one terrible, terrible, basket) has pretty much sunk Mike's business.

    Do you mean he was selling Interworx, using Interworx, or...? I feel like I'm missing part of the story here.

    Selling it, he was very staunch on Blesta & Interworx, assuming they would be the next big things - "much better than WHMCS" "much better than cPanel/Plesk"... sadly that didn't work out for him as planned I don't think. (paying more for interworx than he is making from it now and going back would mean lots more money down the drain).

    @AnthonySmith said:

    Clouvider said: To be fair in my memory he was more active about politics than the business which didn't look very professional at the time.

    That definitely antagonised me as a customer.

    This^ He just always came across as an aggressive far right wing angry kid that would take the position black is white just to force his point, usually regarding blesta.

    I think this is where his downfall was, also a non related note: his Facebook was always jammed full of "Conservative Party" shares.

  • AmitzAmitz Moderator

    That's what happens if you support the Brexit. Bad Karma.

    I have the most flawless heinie around here. Contact me for photo sharing.

  • Similar experience here. Had our InterWorx licenses set to inactive although paid. No response to tickets, live chat or email for the last 7+ days. Obviously, we bought licenses elsewhere the same day but very poor situation with licensecart. Not sure what happened because Mike was always very responsive and accommodating to any issues that came up.

  • YmpkerYmpker Member, Provider

    Im backing up my Blesta owned receipt and license once more just in case. If they are a valid reseller and should go down perhaps Blesta support will acknowledge that.

    /Signature/ https://uptime.is

    Thanked by 1Dustlab
  • LeeLee Member

    @AnthonySmith said:

    Clouvider said: To be fair in my memory he was more active about politics than the business which didn't look very professional at the time.

    That definitely antagonised me as a customer.

    This^ He just always came across as an aggressive far right wing angry kid that would take the position black is white just to force his point, usually regarding blesta.

    Add to that a failed hosting service blamed on poor servers then selling licences with margins so thin it would require one thing to shake it and a second to topple it.

    The writing is on the wall, stop paying and get your licenses elsewhere to save the "licensecart stole my money threads" coming in 3...2....

    When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid.

  • iKeyZiKeyZ Member

    @Ympker said: Im backing up my Blesta owned receipt and license once more just in case. If they are a valid reseller and should go down perhaps Blesta support will acknowledge that.

    You could get your Blesta licence transferred so you are direct. Paul @ Blesta knows Mike fairly well from the forum and I'm sure if it goes downhill with LC they would be happy to get it sorted.

    Silo - Simple and light PHP server resource panel with email/SMS alerts, open source too!
    Cryptolert - Free SMS alerts for Crypto-currency

  • KuJoeKuJoe Member, Provider

    I ended up switching to LicensePal for my needs and I'm glad I did. I even asked them for volume pricing on some things and they were able to beat all of the prices elsewhere including LicenseCart's bundles.

    -Joe @ SecureDragon - LEB's Powered by Wyvern in FL, CO, CA, IL, NJ, GA, OR, TX, and AZ
    Need free hosting? Get AFreeCloud
    Thanked by 1RockIslander
  • iKeyZiKeyZ Member

    @KuJoe said: I ended up switching to LicensePal for my needs and I'm glad I did. I even asked them for volume pricing on some things and they were able to beat all of the prices elsewhere including LicenseCart's bundles.

    +1 for LicensePal - been around a lot longer and support is great.

    Silo - Simple and light PHP server resource panel with email/SMS alerts, open source too!
    Cryptolert - Free SMS alerts for Crypto-currency

  • ClouviderClouvider Member, Provider

    Licensepal are great, also recommended !

    Clouvider Leading UK Cloud Hosting solution provider || UK Dedicated Servers Sale || Tasty KVM Slices || Latest LET Offer

    Web hosting in Cloud | SSD & SAS True Cloud VPS on OnApp | Private Cloud | Dedicated Servers | Colocation | Managed Services

  • LordSpockLordSpock Member, Provider

    +1 again for LicensePal, been a customer of theirs since 2011.

  • WSSWSS Member

    @Amitz said: That's what happens if you support the Brexit. Bad Karma.

    The global economy will right itself. Water always finds it's own level.

    What is Black Friday? Baby don't recur me. Don't recur me. No more.

  • I've been happy renting a Blesta monthly license from BuycPanel. Support is responsive and were able to beat LicenseCart's price.

    me // random stuff // i <3 nat vps

  • JorboxJorbox Member

    @karatekidmonkey said: I've been happy renting a Blesta monthly license from BuycPanel. Support is responsive and were able to beat LicenseCart's price.

    but what if its owned

  • Jorbox said: but what if its owned

    They don't sell any owned licenses, but you can contact them.

    me // random stuff // i <3 nat vps

  • agentmishraagentmishra Member, Provider

    licensecart CEO of operations, (forgot his name) met an accident and is in a very bad shape

    his wrist is severely injured, as it is pointed out, ahead in this thread

    also Micheal has left interworx license due to some interworx license issues.

    presently Micheal and his team is finalizing the next version of their own product - the blesta cms...

    may be thats the reason he is a bit busy, but yes, its correct, he should reply. 8-9 days is not a joke

    skype id : agentmishra, gtalk id : agentmishra, email : [email protected]

  • jarlandjarland Administrator
    edited August 25

    LordSpock said: I think this is where his downfall was, also a non related note: his Facebook was always jammed full of "Conservative Party" shares.

    Remind me not to friend anyone else from LET on facebook.

    Anyway, just make sure you guys stay away from Licensecube.

  • @jarland said:

    LordSpock said: I think this is where his downfall was, also a non related note: his Facebook was always jammed full of "Conservative Party" shares.

    Remind me not to friend anyone else from LET on facebook....

    Nope

    Dont'TalkAboutLETClub There is this thing called hoopla.

  • cubedatacubedata Member, Provider

    @jarland said:

    LordSpock said: I think this is where his downfall was, also a non related note: his Facebook was always jammed full of "Conservative Party" shares.

    Remind me not to friend anyone else from LET on facebook.

    Anyway, just make sure you guys stay away from Licensecube.

    what is wrong with Licensecube? I admit I have the one solusvm license I had with Licensecart before they canceled providing solusvm license with them....should I jump ship directly to onapp/solusvm directly? @OnApp_Terry ?

    Check out all of our custom modules here: https://cubedata.net for both blesta & whmcs. We also have vps services on our website as well.

  • jarlandjarland Administrator
    edited August 25

    @cubedata said:

    @jarland said:

    LordSpock said: I think this is where his downfall was, also a non related note: his Facebook was always jammed full of "Conservative Party" shares.

    Remind me not to friend anyone else from LET on facebook.

    Anyway, just make sure you guys stay away from Licensecube.

    what is wrong with Licensecube? I admit I have the one solusvm license I had with Licensecart before they canceled providing solusvm license with them....should I jump ship directly to onapp/solusvm directly? @OnApp_Terry ?

    I never do business with someone again after something like this: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/4589/whmcs-licensecube-fail

    They just stopped paying their bills, at their customer's expense, and blamed it on the vendor for rightfully disabling the licenses. There was more talk of it on WHT.

    Thanked by 2Amitz alown
  • IshaqIshaq Member, Provider

    @jarland said: I never do business with someone again after something like this:

    More importantly, I've been waiting 20 days for a response:

    [BudgetNode] DDoS Protected. 7 Locations (US/EU). Check out our latest offer!
    Thanked by 2Amitz HyperSpeed
  • nelsahostnelsahost Member
    edited August 26

    @Ympker said: Im backing up my Blesta owned receipt and license once more just in case. If they are a valid reseller and should go down perhaps Blesta support will acknowledge that.

  • nelsahostnelsahost Member
    edited August 26

    You don't have to worry about blesta license if you have owned it is already paid and it can't be suspended(confirmed from first hand),you can transfer it to Blesta directly if want...

  • YmpkerYmpker Member, Provider

    @nelsahost said: You don't have to worry about blesta license if you have owned it is already paid and it can't be suspended(confirmed from first hand),you can transfer it to Blesta directly if want...

    Ty :) How many support staff does Blesta acctually have? Or put in another way: Is there anyone else but Paul answering tickets because hes the only one I see on chat.

    /Signature/ https://uptime.is

  • @Ympker said:

    @nelsahost said: You don't have to worry about blesta license if you have owned it is already paid and it can't be suspended(confirmed from first hand),you can transfer it to Blesta directly if want...

    Ty :) How many support staff does Blesta acctually have? Or put in another way: Is there anyone else but Paul answering tickets because hes the only one I see on chat.

    Well I really don't know is He only one who is maintaing support related to licensing,when it comes to Blesta team I think now there are four of them if I remeber corectly...Paul,Cody,Tyson and Jono....

    Thanked by 1Ympker
  • HxxxHxxx Member

    Sad to read this. Mike has always been very profesional. Top notch service. Let's hope it all get sorted out.

  • KuJoeKuJoe Member, Provider

    I would like to sincerely apologize to you for any licensing issues you may have experienced in the past couple months and for the delayed ticket responses. I am however pleased to announce LicenseCart has since been acquired, and work has already begun on ensuring such issues no longer arise. One of the more popular requests I've seen is more automation modules ridding of manual license provisioning; this is something we're also working on over the next couple months.

    For the most part, there are no planned changes to your account/licenses. This is limited to all Blesta and BlestaCMS licenses which are being transferred to Blesta Store (http://blesta.store/). Blesta Store is independent of Blesta and owned by Michael Dance, the founder of Licensecart. I expect this to be a smooth and timely transition which will not cause disruption. Another email will be sent out to all Blesta license holders shortly with more details. This does not mean Licensecart will not offer Blesta in the future.

    I welcome you all to reach out to me if you have any questions or concerns. I respond to every email and can be reached on [email protected] (or you can reply to this email)

    Thank you,

    Alex Ali

    -Joe @ SecureDragon - LEB's Powered by Wyvern in FL, CO, CA, IL, NJ, GA, OR, TX, and AZ
    Need free hosting? Get AFreeCloud
    Thanked by 1jh
  • Did you understood the message? It says LicenseCart was acquired by Blesta.Store. Then it says Blesta Store is owned by Michael Dance. But wasn't LicenseCart owned by him too?

    @KuJoe said:

    I would like to sincerely apologize to you for any licensing issues you may have experienced in the past couple months and for the delayed ticket responses. I am however pleased to announce LicenseCart has since been acquired, and work has already begun on ensuring such issues no longer arise. One of the more popular requests I've seen is more automation modules ridding of manual license provisioning; this is something we're also working on over the next couple months.

    For the most part, there are no planned changes to your account/licenses. This is limited to all Blesta and BlestaCMS licenses which are being transferred to Blesta Store (http://blesta.store/). Blesta Store is independent of Blesta and owned by Michael Dance, the founder of Licensecart. I expect this to be a smooth and timely transition which will not cause disruption. Another email will be sent out to all Blesta license holders shortly with more details. This does not mean Licensecart will not offer Blesta in the future.

    I welcome you all to reach out to me if you have any questions or concerns. I respond to every email and can be reached on [email protected] (or you can reply to this email)

    Thank you,

    Alex Ali

  • KuJoeKuJoe Member, Provider

    @Hxxx said: Did you understood the message? It says LicenseCart was acquired by Blesta.Store. Then it says Blesta Store is owned by Michael Dance. But wasn't LicenseCart owned by him too?

    I read it as all of the licenses except for Blesta and BlestaCMS were acquired. Either way, I read this e-mail as "the beginning to the end".

    -Joe @ SecureDragon - LEB's Powered by Wyvern in FL, CO, CA, IL, NJ, GA, OR, TX, and AZ
    Need free hosting? Get AFreeCloud
  • As I understend It is not acquired by blesta store,blesta store is new company Michael opened and licensecart is acquired by Alex,who signed this announcement..that is at least how I understand this...but i may be wrong ..

    Here is post from Blesta forum

    BlestaCMS is now a product of the BlestaStore, and because of all the hard work from >@gosuhost we've finally released version 1.2.4 of the CMS.

    In this version we have fixed the call home which now points to blesta.store, we have >also added a free trial option so you can try before you buy. This will start after hitting >install. To upgrade to a paid version all you need to do is change the key in the license >file.

    We've also fixed the caching for the license communication, so if our website goes down >it won't effect you unless we're down for over a week.

    You can download the free trial or the new version from: https://blesta.store/client/plugin/download_manager/client_main/index/7/

    Please note we've only added the Owned BlestaCMS licenses to our new system, we need >to fix the importer for the monthly licenses and then you will receive an email with your >new license key. Your services won't be effected while we work on this as @Alex - >LicenseCart will be keeping the licensing servers up at the moment.

    For the Blesta customers we will be sorting your accounts out shortly you will receive an >email from Alex and us as soon as we've got everything sorted. Thank you for your >patience and we hope to keep this a smooth transaction. Mike will be updating the >BlestaCMS for us from now on so 1.3.0 will be with us soon after our other product.

Sign In or Register to comment.