Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Licensecart, what is going on.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Licensecart, what is going on.

Hello guys & girls,

We have some licenses for R1soft and litespeed with licensecart, but since 14/8 they do not work anymore, i tred to contact them thru Livechat, email, Facebook onther other forums. But they do not respond.

Any one other having similar issues.

Peter

Comments

• Im with them and they usually do reply really quick.

• Well i am not the only one, it seems that also the CEO of cloudlinux is after them and can't reach them too.

I am looking for alternatives. Normally they are rather quick, yes, but now i am waiting for more then nine days, my R1soft licenses are paid for but didn't renew.

So i ask for a refund.

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

I think the owner is on here, I forget his username so lets give this a try: @LicenseCart

• HBAndreiHBAndrei Member, Top Host, Host Rep

Seen a similar thread recently on WHT as well, hopefully everything's alright with licensecart and Mike.

As for an alternative for your R1Soft licenses, I use: https://cdplicenses.com/
    (formerly known as r1softlicenses)

R1Soft licenses are now over 5 times more expensive than what they used to be, and there's not too many options out there that you can pick from, unfortunately.

• LordSpockLordSpock Member, Host Rep

Mhmm, TLDR bad business decision on Interworx (eggs in one terrible, terrible, basket) has pretty much sunk Mike's business. Shame really, was a customer of his back when he had CubicWebs and was always quite a decent chap until dodgy servers screwed him over.

• Yes we liked hs servces also, but havinf the issues with R1 soft let me wonder what will happen with the remaining licenses for litespeed and such. Looking for other opportunities.

We have decided to dump R1soft in favor of borgh backup. For Litespeed we will go directly to Litespeed probably.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
    edited August 2017

To be fair in my memory he was more active about politics than the business which didn't look very professional at the time.

That definitely antagonised me as a customer.

Thanked by 3HyperSpeed Amitz jesin
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

LordSpock said: Mhmm, TLDR bad business decision on Interworx (eggs in one terrible, terrible, basket) has pretty much sunk Mike's business.

Do you mean he was selling Interworx, using Interworx, or...? I feel like I'm missing part of the story here.

• @Jorbox any idea?

Is (was?) that even a registered business ? T&C's (https://licensecart.com/terms-of-service) doesn't mention company name. Contact us doesn't mention company name. Looks like a sole trader so can't even check the statements or credit rating.

• I think the fact that they stopped selling SolusVM due to cash flow issues should be quite self explanatory....

• @Ympker said:
    @Jorbox any idea?

That's scary ,,, I have cloudlinux and owned blesta from there

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • He popped up in the Blesta forum last week. Seems he's working a new job and someone broke their wrist? https://www.blesta.com/forums/index.php?/topic/10347-help-sad-with-licensecart-support/&do=findComment&comment=54936

I get it that a man's gotta eat but he is leaving a lot of people hanging. I just hope it's relatively easy to get direct support after my term is up with him.

• A company I work with had a SolusVM licence through them and it also expired and we were not able to get in touch with LicenceCart, we ended up having to purchase another license directly from OnApp. Not sure whats going on but sure seems like they deadpooled since licenses are expiring and no one can be reached.

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Hope he's doing alright. Figuring out you've messed up financials, or that a vendor has screwed you on it (not saying that happened), with a system where your profit comes in small increments that add up in bulk, is a tough situation.

• I support a customer having a cloudlinux license via Licensecart - and the info he got is that CloudLinux licenses has been suspended (on CloudLinux side) due to missing payment of invoices by Licensecart

So.. I'd just find another provider :-D

• LeviLevi Member

Don't wait or expect something will resolve magically. If support not communicating and licenses expiring - clearly a deadpool case. Move away and save your time.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Clouvider said: To be fair in my memory he was more active about politics than the business which didn't look very professional at the time.

This^ He just always came across as an aggressive far right wing angry kid that would take the position black is white just to force his point, usually regarding blesta.

• @Jorbox said:

@Ympker said:
    @Jorbox any idea?

That's scary ,,, I have cloudlinux and owned blesta from there

For me it is only owned Blesta but still.. not the usal quality.

• I had same issue. Their renewal didn't worked and you know, chargeback. They haven't replied on dispute or my mail from 2 weeks.

• LordSpockLordSpock Member, Host Rep
    edited August 2017

@raindog308 said:

LordSpock said: Mhmm, TLDR bad business decision on Interworx (eggs in one terrible, terrible, basket) has pretty much sunk Mike's business.

Do you mean he was selling Interworx, using Interworx, or...? I feel like I'm missing part of the story here.

Selling it, he was very staunch on Blesta & Interworx, assuming they would be the next big things - "much better than WHMCS" "much better than cPanel/Plesk"... sadly that didn't work out for him as planned I don't think. (paying more for interworx than he is making from it now and going back would mean lots more money down the drain).

@AnthonySmith said:

Clouvider said: To be fair in my memory he was more active about politics than the business which didn't look very professional at the time.

This^ He just always came across as an aggressive far right wing angry kid that would take the position black is white just to force his point, usually regarding blesta.

I think this is where his downfall was, also a non related note: his Facebook was always jammed full of "Conservative Party" shares.

• That's what happens if you support the Brexit. Bad Karma.

• Similar experience here. Had our InterWorx licenses set to inactive although paid. No response to tickets, live chat or email for the last 7+ days. Obviously, we bought licenses elsewhere the same day but very poor situation with licensecart. Not sure what happened because Mike was always very responsive and accommodating to any issues that came up.

• Im backing up my Blesta owned receipt and license once more just in case. If they are a valid reseller and should go down perhaps Blesta support will acknowledge that.

Thanked by 1Dustlab
  • LeeLee Veteran

@AnthonySmith said:

Add to that a failed hosting service blamed on poor servers then selling licences with margins so thin it would require one thing to shake it and a second to topple it.

The writing is on the wall, stop paying and get your licenses elsewhere to save the "licensecart stole my money threads" coming in 3...2....

• iKeyZiKeyZ Veteran

@Ympker said:
    Im backing up my Blesta owned receipt and license once more just in case. If they are a valid reseller and should go down perhaps Blesta support will acknowledge that.

You could get your Blesta licence transferred so you are direct. Paul @ Blesta knows Mike fairly well from the forum and I'm sure if it goes downhill with LC they would be happy to get it sorted.

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

I ended up switching to LicensePal for my needs and I'm glad I did. I even asked them for volume pricing on some things and they were able to beat all of the prices elsewhere including LicenseCart's bundles.

Thanked by 1RockIslander
  • iKeyZiKeyZ Veteran

@KuJoe said:
    I ended up switching to LicensePal for my needs and I'm glad I did. I even asked them for volume pricing on some things and they were able to beat all of the prices elsewhere including LicenseCart's bundles.

+1 for LicensePal - been around a lot longer and support is great.

Licensepal are great, also recommended !